• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

13 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Playing a little bit of catch-up here. (Probably due just as much to the new Tony Hawk remake as to the holiday!)

Despite all the worldwide weirdness, this is ironically the first year in quite a while where I genuinely feel I have a lot to be thankful for. That, in and of itself is certainly something to be thankful for. ?

Me too, I've been running around like crazy the last few weeks and haven't been on.

My wife and I were talking about 2020 and we both agree that while not trying to downplay the calamity that covid has made for a lot of people in the world, we will remember 2020 as a great year.  So much has happened in our lives because of the changes in the world. I've come out and am living a full and happy life now and my wife feels this has brought us even closer. We both committed to being healthier and lost tons of weight and improved our health dramatically. My business will come through this OK and possibly poised to gain market share once people start getting vaccines. She landed her dream job working with a humanitarian based non profit and 4 times her old salary and last but not least, friends are even more dear to us and involved in our lives since Covid isolations made us and people realize how important relations really are.  #perspectives

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, It's Victory Monday for me. It's been a lifetime since I enjoyed so many Mondays in a football season.  It's also a victory because I've finally grown (physically and emotionally) a bit to the point where I am confident enough to go without padded bras to work and just wear a supportive cami under my shirt.  I'm now doing facial electrolysis on Mondays and Tuesdays because I think we are going to have services like that shut down soon and want to make as much progress as I can before that happens.  So far she's cleared my cheeks to within 1/2" of the jaw line and a big oval on my chin.  There are still some stragglers growing in the areas she cleared but I am amazed that it has only been 22 hours of work. She says it's because the combination of pain control stuff I'm doing allows her to work two-three times as fast since I'm not flinching and miserable.  It is too bad doctors won't prescribe Gabapentin for electrolysis treatments. that combined with BTL cream makes it very bearable. I forgot to take it before my last treatment and it was miserable and we only did an hour instead of 90 minutes.  It's the only time in my life where I'm grateful for chronic nerve pain and that prescription.  

Sorry I've been out of touch and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving given the circumstances.  Oh, and Phins Up!

IMG_9439.JPG

Love my my new job,my boss and co workers said I am a great worker and a positive influence on people.One was to a 15 year old fulltime crossdresser named Alley.She was glad to meet me and said her story is like mine.Learned very well on the make up and mom saw she had a smile on her face knowing she isn't alone.Was like me,not one of the rough and tough boys growing up which her two older brothers are.Her mom whom is supportive said she has full respect for me encouraging Alley.I seen Alley lives a happy life as a girl and never liked wearing boy's clothes

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

well today starts a series of doctors appointments.  Poked prodded and stabbed.  Fun!

Winter has arrived at the beach.  A cold front came through last night.  Wind chills in the 30s.  Our highs will be well below average for this time of year.  

It’s official, a record year fo4 the Atlantic Hurricane Season.  More named storms, more major hurricanes, more hurricanes hit the US.  Not the kind of record anyone likes to beat.  

I guess the west coast has had a worse than normal fire season too.  At least 2020 is almost over.

Have a good day.

Willow

Good morning girls.  I am relatively new here. Been sitting in the corner listening to yall chat over coffee  for a few weeks, and decided its time to pull a chair up to the table. 

I've finally made my first appointment  with a doctor to discuss things.  Unfortunately it will be a telephone consult first in three weeks.  Hopefully I will be able to start hrt by new years. I'm beyond ready to start living as my true self more than just one or two days a week. 

Last night the wife and I traded in cars and got new ones. Usually I haggle for hours, but since I have taken on a more feminine persona I did not do all that.  Still got a great deal but the old me probably would have gotten slightly better while the wife got more upset at me.  While signing on them the guy noticed my finger mails had a shine and glitter to them.  He did not say anything but I could tell he noticed.  If only he saw two days ago they were bright pink. 

Well thats enough for me for today.  Time to get I to work.  Bye for now.

• Forum Moderator

@2beBreannayou are more than welcome to pull up a chair anytime. As is anyone else.

Well just starting the white stuff falling. mid 20s right now. not supposed to get much.

Everyone have a great last month of 2020. I for one am glad to see it go. 2021 has to be better.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Left the gym this morning to scrape my car. Then got home to shovel the walk for the first time in years. Not so much because we haven't gotten snow (our climate is cold and wet, snow is going to happen), but because this is the first year in a while I felt healthy enough to do it. Still hated it. Also more seriously considering having the driveway and walk re-surfaced. There's only so many times that stupid shovel can SMASH against a raised tile or busted concrete before I say, "ENOUGH!"

Then again, I keep telling myself that if I ever manage to become rich, I'm getting a heated drive and calling it a day.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I know what you mean.  I feel better this year too.  We received a few inches of snow in early Nov but it didn't last.  Today it's going to the low 60's so nothing happening soon.  Good enough for me.

• Forum Moderator

@2beBreanna the nice thing about kymmie’s kitchen table is she can just keep adding more and more chairs.  But you do have to bring your own coffee.  Welcome!

All your snow is translating to a cold wind here.  Our high is predicted to be 20 degrees below normal.  

Sorry ladies, the last time I shoveled snow was 2017 and in theory we only get snow once every 10 years.  I don’t miss that chore.  I grew up in northern Ohio, lots of snow there.  Then moved to northern Virginia heavy wet snow there ugh.

Stay warm.  Willow 

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C.if you’re gonna replace the driveway, have a hot water heating system installed too. It’s only money. 

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

@Willow @Jackie C.In 2005 my wife and I became empty nesters and she had read that shoveling snow was a top five course of heart attacks. 

I didn’t know she had read this piece news before she came out to my workshop. It’s a nice September afternoon and she said, I know what we need to buy us for Christmas. I cringed, looked over my Safety/Reading glasses with visions of (dining room table and chairs, or new living room set) and asked what she had in mind? Her response was since we’re getting older and the kids aren’t here to shovel the snow, I think we need a snowblower. I took off my glasses and shop coat, and said get in the truck, get in the truck right now. She asked where we were going? My reply was Tractor Supply because I’m not letting this opportunity slip by. We bought her a 36” two stage snowblower with electric start and Carhart Coveralls.

F5A906D8-0BDC-462A-AB21-A7C3E55B2851.jpeg

CAE916E5-B5BF-49F7-9E84-8A5C4BEC3408.jpeg

I can't wait for snow.  we seemed to be getting less and less over the past few years. We moved during the summer and cut our commute in half and out of the country area that never gets plowed.  Only thing that I will miss is our truck that was just traded.  I've thought about getting a blower but can't justify the cost.

Just need to find a way to get snow and not be so dang cold. Its hard to be cute all bundled up.

1 hour ago, 2beBreanna said:

I can't wait for snow. Only thing that I will miss is our truck that was just traded.  I've thought about getting a blower but can't justify the cost.

If I never shovel snow again I will die a happy woman.  Years of living in upper NH and Northern VA have worn me out.  I only wish the neighborhood kids around here had a work ethic and I would pay them well.  At least I just have a short walkway nowadays to maintain.  As Willow mentioned, snow her in North VA is bloody heavy.  Always seems to fall as slush or mixed vs the icy fluffy stuff elsewhere.  I also miss my truck. That F150 4x never needed a plowed surface.  I use to haul nurses to work in blizzards without a care in the world. My Mustang starts sliding if there's just a forecast of snow. haha

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

My Mustang starts sliding if there's just a forecast of snow. haha

Around here, if we actually get any snow, we just enjoy a day off and wait for it to melt.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

Just need to find a way to get snow and not be so dang cold. Its hard to be cute all bundled up.

I have a felt hat with fox-ears on it. I regret only that there was no matching scarf. I'm adorable. ?

Yeah, it gets cold, but I'm wearing my pajamas now and I'm all cozy. You can't do this when it's warm. Also: Hot chocolate. I should make a mug. Cold weather and hot chocolate is the best!

Hugs!

I am not excited to have to remove all the snow from my dogs paws... I like when it is cold enough so the mud freezes and there is less mess to clean up when taking the dogs out haha

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

I am not excited to have to remove all the snow from my dogs paws... I like when it is cold enough so the mud freezes and there is less mess to clean up when taking the dogs out haha

I only have cats. They're self-cleaning. ?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I only have cats. They're self-cleaning. ?

Hugs!

Well I am going to have shrimp and I don't even have to feed them, so hah. pfft

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Well I am going to have shrimp and I don't even have to feed them, so hah. pfft

They probably don't wake you up in the morning either. Nothing quite like waking up to a cat paw in your face.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

They probably don't wake you up in the morning either. Nothing quite like waking up to a cat paw in your face.

Hugs!

Okay you win. I am getting a cat

(I have been wanting a white cat with black spots so I can name it mooey)

• Forum Moderator

I've had Toro snow throwers (single stage) 2 cycle, four cycle and electric start.  When I left Virginia I gave them to my daughter who still lives in Stephens City.  (just outside Winchester)  Under $500 and worked great.  My ex son in law got made at me and intentionally smashed one, so he paid to replace it (or get arrested)  Other than that the first one lasted 30 years.

Worst storm we had, Winter of 2002.  We lived on a hill.  pretty steep one.  I had just bought a Jeep Liberty that year.  Almost everyone had a 4X4 of some sort.  Fords, Toyota, Dodge Ram, pick one, someone had it.  But mine was the only Jeep Liberty.

I had to go help my son as he was about to get plowed in.  backed out of my steep drive, put it in 4 wheel low forward and away I went.  The neighbors just staired.  got to my son, hooked up (by now he was plowed in) and started pulling.  He was 50yards down the road before he realized he never took off his parking brake.  that Jeep just went.  Now they use the Dodge FWD -transgender-, not nearly as good.

Snow is pretty but not if you have to travel in it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Okay you win. I am getting a cat

(I have been wanting a white cat with black spots so I can name it mooey)

Oh, I have one of those. He only has three legs though, so some assembly required.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Willow said:

All your snow is translating to a cold wind here.  Our high is predicted to be 20 degrees below normal.  

@Willow Is this what you meant to say?

862726401_Weatherisdrunkinmyyard.jpg.503eecd2979757367bb0430ba8caee78.jpg

I used to enjoy snow but that was when I didn’t mind staying up all night plowing and then go to work when it was done. Several years of that I’m officially over it. But I still can’t say no to plowing snow even though I don’t enjoy it.