• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good Morning Everyone , its 7 .45 am here  done my morning meditation , now getting some water in me , listening to the radio .  there was more thunder last night my partner said not as loud  but was  going for an hour ,  going to make some coffee soon once i have my big bottle of water ,  i got a friend who is in our house hold bubble as he has mental health issues and is single ( we can do that in scotland )  he coming over to watch football and dinner , i got to jump on my treadmill after my breakfast and coffee ,av been on T for about a month today , not much is diffract  my throat feels strange   as think my voices is starting to go deeper ,   i hope everyone is good 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Mmindy said:

when I came out to my wife, her first reaction was anger, saying I was dead to her and killed our 44 years of marriage. Today she's helping me change my clothing and slide down the androgynous scale. I'm still in video counseling and doing better. After my last session my Suzie asked me how I was doing?

That must have been some hard months in between. It's an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing Mindy, and I'm so glad you can have that freedom with your wife.

3 hours ago, Alex-John said:

av been on T for about a month today , not much is diffract  my throat feels strange   as think my voices is starting to go deeper

That's great Alex-John. Keep us posted about your changes and how you're feeling about them

Hey everyone. The coffee's definitely on early today for me, have been battling insomnia on some nights lately. I should know better than to make it worse with caffeine but here I am. I think it's coming from a combination of a mind full of thoughts, my body adjusting to the changes it's going through, and the stresses of working a job very impacted by the pandemic. Hoping to spend some of the weekend taking care of myself!

Love,

~Audrey.

1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Hoping to spend some of the weekend taking care of myself!

That's the key! I totally get what you mean. I'm piling stress on top of stress lately too. Chill out weekend will work wonders

Good morning. My coffee is sweet with a splash of milk.

My wife and I both got our hair done last night. It's really nice our stylist makes house-calls. By the time my wife finished (2-1/2hrs later) her back was killing her and she went to lay down. Now it was my turn. A few minutes later I could hear my wife on the phone. I didn't know or care who she was talking to. All I knew is I was getting something super cute with red and brown colors in my hair. It was the fist time she had used foil in my hair. A little while later I hear my wife from the bedroom start saying my name, my true name. Which she had only done once or twice in arguments over the last year. I just sat there, getting my hair done, thinking I'm going to have to defend myself...again. a few more minutes got by and she exits the bedroom and hands me her phone. So-and-so wants to talk to you. He doesn't believe me. She had been talking a child hood friend. Reluctantly, I take the phone from her. Immediately he starts in......  Do you prefer Elizabeth or Liz? I was stunned. During my silence he starts explaining that he supports me and how his boss's son is now her daughter. I gave him what's becoming my standard reply. I prefer Elizabeth but will accept Liz unless you piss me off then I'll make you pronounce all 4 syllables. I handed her the phone back and finished my hair. They were on the phone for a good 2 hours and apparently (go figure) most of the conversation was about me. They've know each other since they were 5yrs old. I'm hoping since she talked to her cis, hetero guy friend, that she's known for pretty much all of her life, she'll be more understanding and accepting of me. He's very supportive and understanding so I don't see any chance of things getting worse. Time will tell.

Now my coffee's cold.

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon.  Getting ready to pick up our son at the Charleston airport.  

Elizabeth, sounds like quite a conversation between your wife and her friend.  Also acceptance from him may help.

I had my group meeting last evening.  I had a lot of good news to share.  Not many people attended but all the regulars were there.

Have a good weekend .  With my son here I may not get back here.

Willow 

• Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday @JustineM

Well I tested POSITIVE for COVID.

Persistent low grade headache is the only thing I’m dealing with so far. The fever 99.5 woke me up at 03:15 has been gone since I started taking Advil.

I’m still able to taste and smell my hot black coffee.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Happy Birthday @JustineM

Persistent low grade headache is the only thing I’m dealing with so far. The fever 99.5 woke me up at 03:15 has been gone since I started taking Advil.

I’m still able to taste and smell my hot black coffee.

Well poop. May your symptoms be mild and your recovery quick.

Hugs!

17 hours ago, JustineM said:

Good evening everyone! Start of a nice three day weekend for my birthday. So enjoying a nice evening of The Mandalorian and a manicure.  My wife got me a nice jewelry box to keep on my new sparklies in. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend

Happy Birthday Justine

• Forum Moderator

Get well quick, Mmindy.

Happy birthday Justine.

Willow

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Welcome to the club...? At least there's no dues. Sorry, bad joke. It was pretty rough when I had it in August. My advice is lots of water and sleep. I hope you have someone there that can get you help if needed. 

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy, I hope your symptoms stay mild with lo long-lasting effects.  Get well soon!

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy I'm sorry to hear you are positive for the virus.  I do hope it passes soon.  At least you don't have to quarantine here.  We all socially distanced! 

Jani

I hope you get well quickly Mindy.

happy birthday Justine!

We had a small birthday party for a friend last night while we were all talking and laughing a friend of mine her sister comes up in tears and was like I just wanted to tell you how great I looked and how happy I looked. Then she was like I’m so sorry for using your deadname before. At the end of our conversation she gave me her number and was like if you ever want to talk about anything I’m always here for you and support you. I’m blown away by how nice and supportive some people have been. It feels so validating 

• Forum Moderator

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, and encouragement. ?

Day one testing Positive for COVID-19. Woke up at 03:15AM with a 99.5 fever and a low grade headache. Took two Aleve tabs with a big glass of water went back to bed, and slept to 10:00AM. No fever but the headache is still low grade with pressure behind my eyes. I kept busy in the shop tinkering, and watching College Football. When I start to feel the headache coming back it more Aleve. This evening sitting in my chair I started to shiver, no fever, so I covered up and fixed a hot green tea. My wife and I already sleep in separate bedrooms and use separate bathrooms. So now we're wiping down all common touch surfaces and wearing mask when we're in the same room. It's going to be an interesting ride. I'm as healthy as I've ever been and don't have any worries about my situation. My wife on the other hand is more of a risk. I'll post a daily update.

Digital Hugs are still from the heart.

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday, Justine.

Mindy, you need to get better. We still have to go on a ride together.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Mindy, you need to get better. We still have to go on a ride together.

Thank you @KymmieLI'm being told that days 8 and 9 are the toughest days, and I'm only on day one of confirmed symptoms. I will be looking for time for us to ride together.

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

Hi

been watching or checking scores of college football games.  Ohio State beat Michigan State, Coastal Carolina beat BYU and Clemson is ahead by 28 points with 6 minutes to go over Virginia Tech.  Football has always been my favorite sport to watch on tv, but I no longer pay attention to the NFL.

Have (oops Clemson just scored again) a great night and day tomorrow.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Football has always been my favorite sport to watch on tv, but I no longer pay attention to the NFL.

I'm with you Willow, Saturday is game day for me. I live in Indiana and it's a good year for teams here.

Hugs

Good Morning Everyone , not really up to much today , woke up with a really sore head  and my alarm going off really loud , Its Sunday today kinda just going to relax today , apart from going out later to get some shopping  but that all i am up to today

about to make myself some tea lemon and  Ginger tea ... and maybe drink somemore water as well for my sore head

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Coffee is brewing.  Sun is coming up.  It must be a new day.

canine alarm clock went off right on time, 7am!  She gets one of us up then she lays down n our place.  Broke a rule yesterday evening.  After picking up our son we went out to eat.  

I hope everyone has a good day today.  

Willow