• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, deCypher said:

Good morning! Didn't get enough sleep (it was one of those nights where you keep saying "oh, this video's only five minutes long" and suddenly you've watched a bunch and you've gotta wake up in four hours). Gotta work today, but hey, that's just how it goes I guess. Gonna get some vocal practice in too.

Hello @deCypher and welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please post a brief introduction so we can meet you.  

I certainly understand the time suck that online videos can be.  Time flies when our head is in another space.   Have a good day at work.

Jani

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

. . . as usual is HOT, black and strong.

OOoooo I luv them (oops/achm) . . . I mean the COFFEE "black and strong"!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kiera said:

I mean the COFFEE "black and strong"!

I know, right!

(0;

Good morning all, today's coffee is called Sumatra Mandheling, an Indonesian light roast with low acidity, delicate and smooth chocolate finish earthy tones. Boiled with a Bialetti coffee maker to make it extra thick, then heat half&half and add a bit of brown sugar. 

There's too much sadness in the world now, and to add to that sadness I have to start watering down my coffee cuz of ulcers and acidity sensitivity. I refuse to give up my coffee even with holes in my gut.

3 hours ago, Abi said:

I like your new picture @Mx.Drago. I was so used to your other one that I didn't realize I was reading one of your posts for a moment earlier.

Thank you. Felt like needing a change, being a New Year and all. Plus can always change it back when I get tired of this one. I don't normally have a lot of pictures of myself that I like, but I've started enjoying playing around with the picture editor filters on my phone apps. It's fascinating how many different photos you can get just by playing around with different filter settings. 

It's finally Weakest Link day omg!

I made it an entire month without Jane...but I hope I don't have to do that again for awhile.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning gang! I’m having another one of these free Latté’s they have in the lobby here at my hotel. I seem to always get the same Mocha Latté. No desire to experiment today when I know what I like.

4 hours ago, KathyLauren said:
5 hours ago, Audrey said:

Why do I live in the City again?

I grew up in a big city.

I have always lived in the major suburbs of major cities. Never lived in a downtown area in my life. My daughter lived in downtown Seattle for a long time and I enjoyed the visits and being in the downtown area but now the parking situation in Seattle is atrocious and it’s priced outrageously. I just hate paying $12 for an hour visit to the main medical facility there in downtown Seattle. The suburbs have their own issues I realize. Traffic is still busy just as it is downtown but then again suburbs have fewer lights so it makes it slightly more predictable. Parking isn’t usually a serious issue either.

Speaking of dowtown, I’m heading back into downtown Spokane to Deaconess Hospital for my 1 week checkup. Today is a big day for me. My packing and catheter and two blood drains are going to be removed. That will feel so much better. I will also see my neo-vagina for the very first time. I’m a lttle nervous as I’ve heard from several trans women that it can be someone of a mental adjustment at first glance. I am more than ready. My ride arrives in 20 mins.

Have a great day everyone,

Susan R?

6 hours ago, deCypher said:

(it was one of those nights where you keep saying "oh, this video's only five minutes long"

Yeah, it happens.

5 hours ago, Audrey said:

Why do I live in the City again?

I'm more of a country mouse myself - or at least small towns.  Big cities make me very nervous.  I live on the outskirts of a small city (outside the city limits).  Across the road is a hayfield, and behind a large pasture.  I even still have an outhouse that has somehow stayed under the radar, and burn wood to stay warm.  I joke that this is the only place with wifi and no bathroom.

But admittedly, I worked for said city over 33 years.  It's grown a lot in that time, which I'm not thrilled about.

@Susan R

It sounds like you're mending well. That's great news! Enjoy every perk you can get. I have a feeling you're right that the first moment you get a real look will have quite an impact on you but, I have a good feeling that will be a very positive experience for you.

Get Well Soon?

8 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

It's fascinating how many different photos you can get just by playing around with different filter settings. 

I know what you mean, I play with apps that change pictures a lot. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

• Forum Moderator

Good evening,

At least in South Carolina they have changed groups and timing for COVID VACCINE several times.  This evening I got a phone call from my health provider.  Today’s latest change makes me immediately eligible to get the vaccine.  They were not prepared for this so I will get another call by the end of the week with a phone number to call to set an appoint date and time to get my first shot.  My wife will still have to wait however since she is younger.  How long is unknown.  I’ve been moved back to 1B and she is still 1C.  

The other thing here is if you don’t make an appointment timely for your group, you get pushed to the end of the line.  So, I will be making my appointment as soon as I can.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Looks like the VA won't prescribe it period. Didn't hear anything from anyone today. A little disappointed. Hope to here something tomorrow. If I don't hear anything by noon I am going to message my Endo so he can send the prescription to an outside.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Looks like the VA won't prescribe it period.

Curious.  I get mine from VA. 

• Forum Moderator

@Susan RI'm seven hours late to your brief update. 

Stay positve, and remember you're still very early in recovery.

Hugs, 

Mindy???

9 hours ago, Susan R said:

Speaking of dowtown, I’m heading back into downtown Spokane to Deaconess Hospital for my 1 week checkup. Today is a big day for me. My packing and catheter and two blood drains are going to be removed. That will feel so much better. I will also see my neo-vagina for the very first time. I’m a lttle nervous as I’ve heard from several trans women that it can be someone of a mental adjustment at first glance. I am more than ready. My ride arrives in 20 mins.

Have a great day everyone,

Susan R?

?Hurray! Hopefully all heals up well and fast. Just be sure to take it easy and not over work yourself. 

I miss my cafe spots in the city...hope they are still around and well.?

2 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

I miss my cafe spots in the city...hope they are still around and well.?

Fortunately, all of the coffee spots in my neighborhood have been resilient through the pandemic - probably in no small part to my excessive coffee consumption. I think you'll find your favorite spots will still be here!

It's interesting, I've been thinking off and on today about how every place I've moved has been increasingly urban over my lifetime. My early childhood was in the countryside outside the Twin Cities, then the suburbs for later childhood and adolescence when I lived in Oregon, and then closer in to Portland for young adulthood, and now NYC for the last 11 years. I wonder if I'll go back the other way in the future. The noise and crowding here does get to me sometimes, but even still I love the City and especially now with its vast resources to support my transition.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

It started raining late yesterday and continued off and on over night.  Still cloudy.  Good news is it’s done raining and should warm up to normal the rest of the week.

I start my three day surgery prep today. Washing with special antibacterial soap.

coffee was a little weak this morning.  Oh well.

hugs

Willow

Hi All, my wife and I had coffee and a bite to eat early this morning and then we were off to get our first COVID shot. The health department had things very well organized and we were in and out in about a half hour.

I felt a little guilty getting the shot but have been assured that all the health care workers in our area have received theirs. At 76 we qualified and I know the 26 year old woman inside me is happy too.

Take care of your selves.

Hugs

Sandra

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The Sun came out today and the forecast is for snow in a couple of days, as usual the birds seem to know this as well and the bird feeders are extra active this morning. My coffee is HOT, black, and strong Folgers Dark Roast. Suzie's is flavored decaf and only as warm as the K-cup can make it.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Well good news is that my GYN is trying to work with the pharmacy and the E consult group about getting the VA to cover both Meds. Yeah. Not doing the happy girl dance just yet. Soon maybe,

Kymmie

Hi all!

Feels like it's been awhile (and it seems it clearly has been awhile given how many more pages of coffee talk have been added since I last stopped by!), but I'm back. Holiday time is always busy for me. And I must confess I've become hopelessly addicted to to the trans memes subreddit r/traa over on reddit. Don't even remember how I discovered it...

@Susan R: OMG, I'm so exited for you!!! (And maybe juust maaaybe..a teensy bit envious ;) ) I hope all goes well!

@Ann W: I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine that could be easy. *huge hugs*.

Aaand...I really feel kinda guilty just how much that segues into my update. I think I've alluded to this before, by my mom's been on chemo for a little over a year now. I've been taking an approach of "I'm not going to worry unless there's cause to worry", and that's helped considerably, but I'm starting to worry a little more now because it seems the chemo's effectiveness may be plateauing, and there doesn't appear to be more options beyond keep going as-is and hope for the best. On top of that, I don't even have my own life figured out, so, things could be catastrophic in more ways than one.

Separately from that, I've started working on my girl voice and...wow, does this feel daunting when you're just starting out!

Cheers, love, and best wishes to everyone!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

@Susan R: OMG, I'm so exited for you!!! (And maybe juust maaaybe..a teensy bit envious ;) ) I hope all goes well!

Thanks, Heather Nicole. It’s been a very bumpy road as of late but eventually I hope to get thru it.

Susan R?

Prayers for your mom Heather Nicole.

Good morning.

Every moment is another new opportunity to pin my shoulders back, straighten up, soften the voice, and smooth the personae.

My world is slow moving water polishing my stone.

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

And I must confess I've become hopelessly addicted to to the trans memes subreddit r/traa over on reddit. Don't even remember how I discovered it...

Well, for me it was a YouTuber. Those can be incredibly wholesome. I usually cry at least once when he goes through the subreddit.

8 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I think I've alluded to this before, by my mom's been on chemo for a little over a year now. I've been taking an approach of "I'm not going to worry unless there's cause to worry", and that's helped considerably, but I'm starting to worry a little more now because it seems the chemo's effectiveness may be plateauing, and there doesn't appear to be more options beyond keep going as-is and hope for the best. On top of that, I don't even have my own life figured out, so, things could be catastrophic in more ways than one.

That's a long time to be on chemo. I've been through that with my wife and maternal grandmother. My heart goes out to you. People you love with cancer is one of the more difficult things this life has for you to navigate.

6 hours ago, Susan R said:

Thanks, Heather Nicole. It’s been a very bumpy road as of late but eventually I hope to get thru it.

OMG. I just read through your surgery blog, that must have been terrifying. The worst is over now though. You'll get through this. Lay back, breathe and remember, you're a princess for another 3-5 weeks.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi

not real chipper this morning, I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night and what I did get was full of bad dreams.  

Heather Nicole I’m sorry to hear that your mother isn’t doing well.  Cancer is devastating for the person with it and those that love them.  When my doctor told me, I didn’t hear another word he said.  

I need to get ready, we are going to Charleston to pick up my wife’s sewing machine.  It been in the shop since before the holidays.

Willow