• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Chloe Cozee said:

Have a nice day everyone!

Good morning @Chloe CozeeThe new profile picture looks great!

Mindy???

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

i hope everyone is able to end the week on an up beat.  The support coming from your employer is really great.  The changes at the federal level are encouraging for all of us.

I usually start my morning with my Facebook friends then come here.  As I read posts I find myself looking for the “like” button.  lol

im sure if there was one we’d quickly fill the server space with like buttons.  Not much happening here.  Expecting rain later.  I do wish I could get on my boat.  All this time to do nothing.  Three more weeks at least is going to drive me crazy.  At least I get this big bandage off this time next week. But in its place I’ll be in an air cast.  Which I can take off to shower or sleep.

Willow

Good morning everyone. Just getting to my second cup of coffee. I am off from work today so i am getting a late start to my day. My cat is super excited that I am home and has not left me alone for a minute since i got up.

I am very excited to be starting with my new therapist today. I have not been in a therapy session since December 28 . It has been too long a wait to get started on working on the new me.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!

Rachel

I've had 3 mugs on "Counter Culture #46 coffee this morning but apparently is wasn't enough. I slipped on my knee high boots and left the house thinking, "hmmm they feel a little tight today, it must be the thicker socks".  nope, wrong feet!  SMH. I had to go back inside to set things right and start the day off on the right foot.   I need a day off. hahahaha.

IMG_9812.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

God, I hate my body. MMM I may have expressed that some other time, or 5. As normal up early even with getting up for almost 2 hours last night. Probably pass out in the chair later.

@Willow I may call on your expertise once again. Let me see what I come up with. 

At least I am alone today my youngest came home early yesterday. Saying they wanted him at another school today.

Hope, everyone has a good day. Again waiting for the coffee to warm up. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi @KymmieL of course you can.  Anytime.

I'm always here for you or anyone else that I can help.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Bri2021 said:

I had to go back inside to set things right and start the day off on the right foot. 

I bet you thought "Start off on the right foot." was how to begin a march, hike, or business. Nope it's all about foot wear, and I've done exactly the same thing getting dressed in a hurry. I'm glad you're back in step with comfort.

Hugs,

Mindy????

As promised, an update on my therapy appointment this morning. They formally asked me if I wanted them to start using preferred pronouns on notation and calling me Keira instead of -deadname- in the waiting room/in conversation. (For clarity, I see a general therapist at the moment under supervision of a psychiatrist due to depression). So she asks me, and I say "yes please", and she's all "I got you". Obviously -deadname- will be on paperwork for insurance reasons, until I can change it legally, but this girl is taking a step in the right direction. I'm giddy. Don't mind me. I'm off to work. I'll catch everyone later.

-Hugs for all,

Keira ❤️

1 hour ago, CallMeKeira said:

As promised, an update on my therapy appointment this morning. They formally asked me if I wanted them to start using preferred pronouns on notation and calling me Keira instead of -deadname- in the waiting room/in conversation. (For clarity, I see a general therapist at the moment under supervision of a psychiatrist due to depression). So she asks me, and I say "yes please", and she's all "I got you". Obviously -deadname- will be on paperwork for insurance reasons, until I can change it legally, but this girl is taking a step in the right direction. I'm giddy. Don't mind me. I'm off to work. I'll catch everyone later.

-Hugs for all,

Keira ❤️

This is just wonderful to hear, Keira! It truly is a wonderfully affirming feeling to hear our own name that validates who we know ourselves to be. I also love when my healthcare providers use my preferred name with me and do so without hesitation, and even with a smile. It's even on the bottle with my estradiol prescription.

@CBabe Speaking of smiles, you have a lovely smile! ?

@Mmindy I think you may be an expert on car dealership coffee at this point. ☕

Off to my afternoon meeting. Last thing before the weekend!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Good TGIF afternoon everyone,

It's paycheck Friday in our house. The weekend has started for me and soon to be for Suzie. She's had a tough week working even though it was from home. So we're going out for dinner and adult beverages, at Koto Japanese Gril & Sushi. 

@Bri2021I never thought about how much ones feet would gain or loose size as they loose weight. I haven't been able to put on these Harley Davidson Boots since 2010, and as I was reorganizing my portion of the closet, I tried them on and they fit again. Yea! 

IMG_6696.JPG

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy as soon as I saw those boots I thought Harley. My minds think alike?

Well I'm a happy girl. I just got a message from one of my GYNs nurse. We share a Star Wars fanaticism. Anyway, My GYN has prescribed my E. I should be coming by  mule express sometime. So this girl is doing the happy dance once again. Hope my dance isn't shot down in a flaming heap. As it very well could. I have come to expect the worse then I am not disappointed if it fails. 

Yeah, I know. I should always look at the positive. but with my life the way it has been in the past it is hard.

Hugs, To all. Especially @Willow

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

That good news @KymmieL I'm happy dancing with you in my Harley Davidson Harness Boots. 

Hugs,

Mindy???? 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Well I'm a happy girl. I just got a message from one of my GYNs nurse. We share a Star Wars fanaticism. Anyway, My GYN has prescribed my E. I should be coming by  mule express sometime. So this girl is doing the happy dance once again. Hope my dance isn't shot down in a flaming heap. As it very well could. I have come to expect the worse then I am not disappointed if it fails. 

While I FREQUENTLY ride the pessimism train, it's not healthy. Don't do that. Happy dance. With high kicks and cartwheels. It's your time to get what you want. Reach out and grab it.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy you’ve peaked my interest when I get this wrap of I’ll see if mine still fit. Especially post foot surgery.  My big toe should be smaller.  They may well be too big.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL thank you

and I’m routing for you on several issues.  I’m curious, why do you already have a gyn?  You don’t have to answer if you prefer not to but no one on my care team has ever mentioned that to me.

hugs

Willow

4 hours ago, Mmindy said:

@Bri2021I never thought about how much ones feet would gain or loose size as they loose weight. I haven't been able to put on these Harley Davidson Boots since 2010, and as I was reorganizing my portion of the closet, I tried them on and they fit again. Yea! 

IMG_6696.JPG

ooh!

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL thank you

and I’m routing for you on several issues.  I’m curious, why do you already have a gyn?  You don’t have to answer if you prefer not to but no one on my care team has ever mentioned that to me.

hugs

Willow

Don't really know why but the VA has her on my care team. She is monitoring  my blockers and E. She is great. from what I have been told quite well known.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL I think I owe you an apology.  I wasn’t looking for a job but one has fallen into my lap.  Part time working from home.  I was on Facebook and saw a post from someone who I didn’t know I responded .  She got back to me and 3 hours later I have a job

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

and 4 hours later I quit.

For the night or the job? 

Inquiring mind Indy want to know.

Good night, I'm off to bed.

Hugs, 

Mindy???

The rest of the clothes I ordered came in. I had slightly better luck with a few of the tops. The sweater I posted in the what are you wearing thread is one of them. It's mostly the arms that are too small. Lesson learned and returns are free. There is also a mini-skirt. It's black, pleated and shorter than I anticipated. It'll be good as long as I don't bend over. What a shame I have to up my "act and move like a lady" skills. My wife asked about what I bought, she's only seen the sweater at this point (I can tell she's jealous). Before I could answer she asked if there were any dresses. No, no dresses. Skirts? Yea, I replied in a matter-of-fact kind of tone. I quickly reiterated one of her previous statements that I could wear skirts as long as she didn't see it. The problem is she would see me leave and/or come home. I mentioned this fact and agreed that I wouldn't parade around or rub it in face in any way.

So again it appears she is becoming more accepting. We'll see how it goes when she sees me leave for coffee tomorrow morning in a mini-skirt and knee high boots.

night everyone

7 hours ago, Willow said:

and 4 hours later I quit.

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I'm with @Mmindy... curious what happened?

@ElizabethStar I have *exactly* the same problem with many women's tops about the sleeve length and width. They are often cut shorter, designed for a woman's smaller body compared to a man's. Sleeves usually hit in a weird place on the arm too, being neither truly long-sleeve or short-sleeve - i worry about this with the suit I ordered, which isn't here yet BTW. I also feel like the taller a person is, the harder it is to find pieces that truly fit (I'm 5'11"). I'm picking up on your wife's jealousy too from how you describe her reactions to the clothes you're buying. It feels sort of similar to my partner's response, which is like I'm taking away from her femininity by being feminine myself. She's accepting it more over time, but the feelings are still there that it's somehow wrong. You are braver than me though - I have never worn any dress or skirt shorter than knee-length. I wish you the best with your coffee trip this morning!

Middle of the night here in NYC (4am). Slept well until a bit ago, and then someone decided it might be kind to the neighborhood to blast hip hop from their car with the volume turned up to 11. Gotta love New Yorkers. Hoping to sleep a few more hours, I know my body needs it.

Love,

~Audrey.

8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Before I could answer she asked if there were any dresses. No, no dresses

My wife is same way! I never asked, but she has a whole extra room with all her clothes & dresses hanging up. I think she is afraid that I will be like that and we will run out of room. Lately around the house I wear black leggings and a woman's running shirt. 

Good Morning, coffee tastes heavenly this morning. Cold here, outside thermometer is reading 16.