• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I think that I did not drink enough water yesterday and woke with a migraine headache. It woke me up early. Hoping to to hydrate and go back to bed in a while. Good Morning Everyone! 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As my wife woke up at our usual hour of 5:30am I pulled the covers back over my head thinking- I'm not working today, I'm sleeping in for a change.  The warmth of the bed was calling me back.  Unfortunately, I thought about all the stuff I wanted to get done in my personal life and my head started spinning so up I got and headed down for some Sumatran Peaberry deliciousness.  

On the agenda today: finish sewing a dress I'm making (or at least get it mostly done), distilling some rum, heading off to the apple store for computer repair and- watch some football.  I'm not sure I can get all that done.  I need a week off work to get caught up in life. lol.

@Chloe CozeeI hope you wake up migraine free. I get HA from dehydration periodically but not migraines. I can't imagine those ;(. 

Happy Sunday ladies

• Forum Moderator

@Chloe Cozee Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Interesting afternoon yesterday. I am taking a delivery to a commercial customer. My phone goes off. It is my youngest. So I break policy and answer. 'We are stuck on the summit*' 

Turns out they were stuck stuck. we had a band of snow blow through and made the roads real interesting. It was nice and icy and put the car in the ditch. I tell them OK I'll head up when I get off. (that delivery was my last thing to do)

So drop my parts off and head back to the store. I am counting out and get another call. don't bother the road is closed and will take you forever to get here. So I go home.

I text an hour later, still stuck. roadside insurance has them in a totally wrong. They call another tow company. they have no small wreckers available at the moment. 

they have law enforcement call for one. after almost 4 hours and $225 less they get home. When I could have save the money and time and did it. I however keep my mouth shut. don't want to start and argument.

Kymmie

* the summit is the highest point on Interstate 80 at 8100ft above sea level. It has a nice 5% down grade in about 6-7 miles. It is fun when dry. I've came down it any where from 10mph all the way over triple digits

I need to make more coffee.

My dogs keep waking me up somewhere between 3-4am the lat few days. I let them out and back in 20 minutes later but by then I just can't sleep anymore. I have a lot weighing on my mind lately.  My wife hasn't had a cigarette in 4 days so she's been really well, a bitch to put it nicely. I had to run out to the store last night for a few things. (It was too cold for the mini-skirt so I wore the longer one.) On my way back She calls me screaming about how long I was gone. There were reasons it took so long but my point is I realized I don't want to be home. I just bought a new house and I don't want to be here, with her. She has made comments that I make a better looking woman than her but I put in some time with my outfits, check my makeup before I leave the house. I care about what I look like. Her not so much and I'm expected to be less fem than her if/when we're out together. I'm sorry, not sorry I won't ever be the man-of-the-house. It doesn't mean I won't do the things. I'll just get them done the right way, the girl brain way.

And there's anyways the sub-argument about what I eat. My wife's always been a meat-at-every-meal kind of person. I can't do it. I've been working toward going full vegetarian but being lactose intolerant I might as well go vegan.  When I look over at my furry-kids I just can't imagine how anyone could consider them food. Less intelligent life form? I work with people that can be out-smarted by a goldfish.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I hope you wake up migraine free.

Thank you Bri, I drank a couple cups of water and took some ibuprofen. Went back to bed. Feel much better now. 

@KymmieL , thank you! I am feeling better now. 

I see you live in Wyoming. My daughter works in the National Park. I visit her every summer. Very beautiful out there!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

not all migraines are that severe.  A lot of it has to do with the location within the brain. I get what my doctor diagnosed as migraines .  Unfortunately they run in my family.  I’ve had them so bad I’ve had to go to the doctor to get a toradol  shot after three days.  I also get visual migraines.  Those I just have to wait out.  Do remember if you are on any form of medication that is a diuretic (spironolactone) you will me more susceptible to getting a migraine and you drink caffeine coffee or cola it’s worse. You have to flush with water.

@ElizabethStar it is so sad that right after buying a new home you’ve had so many difficulties.  I do think our wives see us as competition some times. Thinking back many years ago, the girls could be pretty nasty to one another when they felt threatened.  Breaking any habit, where a brain reactive chemical is involved can be very hard, especially cold turkey. 

hang in there. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Let’s see, ya’all asked about my foot.  It bothers me more than I expected this time, that for sure. The padding in the wrap is compressing which leaves hard lumps. Like most people I then to migrate to the hard spots them my toe gets sore.  These are on the bottom of the wrap. It’s made out of the same stuff as a modern cast.  Wrap cotton then shape a layer to prevent movement. And finely an ace wrap.  Even though i don’t walk on it, it has flattened.  Other than that it’s doing well, thank you for asking.

on another front I have contacted the real company.  They actually have a scam reporting (or questioning) email address set up.  I think I can put this to bed once and for all.

guess I need to get life lock now.

Facebook live church in 10 minutes.  Seems odd to be in my bathrobe drinking coffee sitting in my recliner while attending church.  It’s a new day!

Willow

• Forum Moderator

So today is the only day of the week I get to sleep in. I get my spouse out the door and put her lunch together on her work days (MTTFS this week). My workout starts at six am M-F. Today I am awakened at 5am by my cat who has parked himself in the bathtub and is singing the song of his people. I believe it was intended to be an opera because it will. not. stop.

So, up to feed the cats. Check the clock. it's 5:30. I guess I got to sleep in a little.

I did go back to bed after breakfast. My wife still wasn't up and I could use a cuddle.

@KymmieL, I'm sorry you've got to walk on eggshells around your family. I'm also sorry that they're choosing to act like mutton-heads. Nothing quite like shooting yourself in the foot because you're in a snit about something completely unrelated.

I want nothing to do with that road though. It's pretty flat here. I'm OK with that. We get enough nonsense in the winter without adding roller-coaster slopes to it.

@ElizabethStar, I have the same chat with my wife. I hear, "You're prettier than me." I hear, "You weigh less than me." I usually reply, "Well, I want it more. You were born with it. I've got to pursue it." Which is true. I think women take how beautiful they are for granted. After half a lifetime to denial I'm going to darn well do whatever I can to be the best woman I can be. I also offer advice. "Hey, I do X, Y and Z as part of my beauty regimen. I'll be happy to do it with you." She hasn't taken me up on it.

Dairy free was pretty easy. I'm lactose intolerant, so we just switched to almond milk. I'm OK with eating cows, chickens and pigs though. I mean have you MET a cow? You're doing them a favor. Same with chickens. Pigs are self-defense. Pigs are smart, evil and dangerous. Also kind of gross.

Cats and dogs? Never. Insect protein? Sure. Then again it's hard for me to consume all the protein I want in a given day just using plants. I'm making inroads, but at least some of my meals are probably going to have to include meat. You probably CAN just live on protein powder, but you wouldn't want to.

Though I have a friend who lives on protein powder, vegetables and salmon so maybe...

Hugs!

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

the summit is the highest point on Interstate 80 at 8100ft above sea level. It has a nice 5% down grade in about 6-7 miles. It is fun when dry. I've came down it any where from 10mph all the way over triple digits

I remember driving on this stretch of road many years ago, during a summer road trip. "Highway to Heaven," as I remember it was described?

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I'm expected to be less fem than her if/when we're out together.

This is so relatable. It's the biggest stumbling block for my partner, being visible as a lesbian couple in the world. On the one hand, she says she has no problem with same-sex couples and everything LGBTQ, in fact we are friends with a few same-sex couples who are among our neighbors. Yet, when it's *her* relationship that is same-sex, it's suddenly a different story. Rigid, gender-binary ideas of how to be in a relationship are important, but they're also the very things that I'm moving away from, because the cis male role just isn't me. NYC is just about the safest place to be in any kind of relationship so it's not that. She's shared that it's hard to see me adopt the "feminine" role, perhaps seeing me as competition as @Willow describes. However, from my point of view, she will always be more feminine but I think that's the envy rooted in gender dysphoria talking. We speak about these problems together, and maybe it's better now than it was at first, but I fear that deep down, my partner is just not okay with all of this. If we break up in the future, this will be why. Sorry to hear that the tension between you and your wife has created an environment where it's so uncomfortable to be in the new home you worked so hard to buy and fix up. p.s. Love the new profile pic!

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I've been working toward going full vegetarian but being lactose intolerant I might as well go vegan.

I've been a vegetarian for 17 years now, and I haven't looked back. I do eat a little dairy and eggs, cheese is a weakness of mine and those ingredients hide in a lot of foods, but otherwise I'm mostly vegan too. I'll eat salmon on rare occasion though. I thought I would miss eating meat, and maybe the first Thanksgiving and Christmas were difficult to break away from traditional ideas of eating turkey or ham, but the truth is I don't miss it anymore. Now my diet is pretty much automatic. It helps a lot that my partner has a similar diet. We recently got the "Plant Based Cookbook" from America's Test Kitchen that's got lots of great veggie and vegan recipes we're hoping to try, the Moroccan Lentil Soup that we're making tonight is in there.

@Chloe Cozee Glad to hear that your migraine has gone away! I have to be careful about coffee vs. water intake or I'll have the same issue, I feel like HRT has made me more prone to headaches of all kinds.

Feeling pretty positive this morning. I had a really fun girls night last night over Zoom. I can't stand watching the Bachelor, but I'll do practically anything if it means spending time with these friends, they have been so amazingly supportive and inclusive since I came out. Got a personalized eye makeup tutorial and that felt nice, but I really need the eyelash curler and magnifying mirror (now ordered and on the way!). I'm paying the price a little bit from staying up way later than I should have, they are on the West Coast so I was up until about 2am my time. At least it's been super quiet so I could sleep in.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!

Love,

~Audrey.

I lived in Tacoma Washington between 1975 and 1985. Beautiful country. Had to get used to working in the rain. Was vegetarian for all that time out there. Like you I ate eggs and dairy. Felt great. Health food stores and vegetarian restaurants were plentiful. Moved to north end of Chicago for 6 months after that. Plenty of health food stores there also. then to Central Illinois in the middle of farm country. Health food stores scarce here. Ended up becoming a meat eater again. It's ok though. Learned some healthy eating habits in Tacoma, Like eating the peels with potatoes, and making a salad with everything but the kitchen sink in it, and baking  instead of frying. My family thought I was nuts, but I'm healthier than them. Now days, grocery stores are carrying better food. I do like a good cup of coffee. I have a grind and brew machine. I like 8 o'clock brand with cold stone creamer.

Have a great day all.

Jamie 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Jamie. Nice to see you here.  

it’s been a quiet day.  My wife and I had a nice talk this morning.  Little by little we are working things out.  It’s been just over a week out of six to recover and I’m already anxious to get back on my feet.  I’ve got a lot I need to be doing and wasting all this time sitting around is difficult to accept.

• Forum Moderator

I don't know if something is going on or not. It seems like since Flows insurance screwed up and never sent a tow truck twice. My wife and Youngest have decided to get their own car insurance.

I don't know if they have something cooking between the two of them. But I am wondering. Are they working on getting everything from under me or???

Hell I don't know. What will I do if they wind up leaving before I do. Start pitching stuff of theirs. Leave just the stuff I want. Then cutting that down. until I have a manageable amount of stuff. When I do move. 

I look at if they want to leave, F them if they cannot be an adult about it.

Sorry to be debbie downer but I had to vent a little.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Good Morning! Coffee is wonderful. We are supposed to get dump on with snow today. Going to work after shower and breakfast.

@KymmieL I hope you have a nice day. You have things on your mind. We are here if you need to vent or chat. That goes for anyone else. I know that if I need to chat or vent, it'll be here and you may need to pass me the Kleenex.

My coffee seemed to get cold faster than usual this morning,

Oh sure, now it's going to snow. In hind-site I did pray to the Goddess for the snow to hold off for a couple weeks while I was moving. She's just restoring the balance.

I managed to stay at home all day yesterday (no shopping) and work on things around the house. I worked on cleaning the guest room. It's still the hold place for things that need to be sorted and put away. I found a couple of totes of blankets, throws and a few comforters in our guest room. Laundry time! I was able to reduce the clutter to a stack of boxes along one wall.

Time to get ready for work.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

My coffee seems better than usual today.  I have no idea why.  I am glad we aren’t getting snow this week, just an inch and a half of rain.  That would equate to enough snow to shut us down completely for a long time.  

Nothing is stirring not even a squirrel or a bird.  Hmm, what do they know that I don’t?  it’s supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow but just a one day tease.  We shouldn’t have those temps regularly until April.

well, my morning peace is being interrupted by bipeds and four wheelers.  

have a good day.

Hugs

Willow

Good morning everyone, is it really Monday already? That weekend felt exceptionally short, thank you subjective perception of time.

It was brisk for my morning exercise in the park, crystal clear skies today until the storm system in the Midwest finds its way here for tomorrow and makes a bit of a mess of things. Glad I made it out there though, I've missed very few days since the start of the year. Now I'm bundled up in warm blankets with some super hot black coffee and I'm one happy girl at the moment. One of the things I love about working from home is that I can get away with stuff like this sometimes. At least, until my meetings start in an hour and a half.

@KymmieL Vent if you need to - no worries, we're all here to listen and support each other! Sending hugs your way.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Love,

~Audrey.

@Chloe Cozee

@ElizabethStar
 I'm looking forward to the snow we are about to get.  Stay safe out there and keep up with clearing it as it drops.  This snow will be super heavy. Sorry that's the my job bleeding through.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I had a pretty good Sunday. Went out with the wife and bough a few pairs of women's jeans I can wear even in male mode, a cute skirt and a nice coat so I can go out in my cute jeans and not have to wear an ugly hoodie.  I am so grateful I have a wife and kids that accepts me for me. 

I have a call with doctor this afternoon about blood results. Hope I can start HRT this week. I will update later about how the call goes. 

Good morning everyone, the coffee is good this morning but I may need to start an IV.

I did not get enough sleep last night so I have been slow on my start up. Working from home this week so at least I can dress how I like rather then having to present in boy mode.

Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!

Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I love my baby sister-in-law, neither of them drink coffee and she bought a Keurig coffee system and Black Rifle Freedom Fuel coffee ☕️ for me.

HOT, black, and strong.

I left home a day early to avoid a Monday morning rush hour ice storm in the Indianapolis metro area. The bonus to that is I spent yesterday evening with my brother's family. My baby brother (57yrs.) has the better guest room so I made sure to reserve it for my two night stay in my hometown community. Jefferson Co. Missouri. To them I'm the patriarch of the family, and when I return to the area, each of my siblings as enjoyable as they are feel slighted if I don't visit them. I'm really here to deliver a hazmat training prop that the county LEPC and hazmat team purchased from me. So my visit with family is exspenced as a business trip, with reduced cost by avoiding hotel stays. Today I'm visiting my baby sister and her family, tomorrow I'll attend the LEPC meeting and do a train-the-trainer for the prop they purchased, and drive home to Indy metro.

Hugs, 

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

What is this Monday everyone talks about it is Wednesday. OK, OK, at least for me. Well the good thing to hopefully look forward to is my E coming in the mail. That is if the horse didn't come up lame. 

Well my wife wasn't able to get her own insurance since she is still on my policy.

Close this week. SO I will be here in the mornings, same bat time same bat channel.

Kymmie

Rachel I understand the need for an IV this morning. lol. It must be this weather system moving in but it took a major amount of willpower to get out of my warm bed and go for my morning walk with the wife and dog.

• Forum Moderator

Hi again,

today was a shower day.  My wife was busy putting together supper in the crock pot so I went in on my own.  Bad idea, very bad!  I have to wear a bag over my foot to keep it dry.  Apparently I did a poor job of sealing it because my foot is pretty wet.  And if I thought it felt miserable, that’s nothing compared to wet.  I’m spending the day in PJs it’s all I had that would go over my foot.  I’ll deed the only other thing Wednesday and Friday.  My wife suggested I stay naked.  I didn’t think that was a good idea.

@KymmieL, one thing we all do is let our minds wonder and they always go to the bad side.  It’s not easy but try to just let things happen as they come.  Don’t always think the worst, all you are doing is building up your internal stress.  If she’s going to leave you, she will, but in the meantime don’t dwell on it, don’t think every odd thing is in preparation to leave.  You will drive yourself crazy with stress.

Willow

Good morning all. I had my coffee at 4:00 today. Waffles, peanut butter and honey. Speaking of cleaning, I can't even step into my garage. Been a construction worker for over 40 years, and handyperson. I think it's time to clean up at 68, I feel I should slow down on construction projects and enjoy life more. Besides, I don't have the strength or energy for that stuff anymore. Just about finished with a room I added to my house. House was built in 1900. Just way too much to do with old houses. Hope you all have a great day.

Jamie