• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Just way too much to do with old houses.

Good afternoon from the Central Time Zone,

@Jamie68 cleaning/reorganizing the garage is something I do every 4th or 5th project. Some of the things I'm working on now are to facilitate my future retirement projects/capabilities. My shop table is organized chaos with off fall from recent work. The most effective way to clean it is with a wire mesh strainer over my shopvac hose. Anything smaller than a #8mm nut will pass into the waste bin, all other objects are pulled off and sorted for later use. Sawdust, metal filings, and smaller nuts bolts and washers are gone never to be seen again. My tablesaw is my layout surface, my work bench is heavy duty for pounding, blocking, and bracing. 

They built a whole whole industry around "This Old House" including my favorite comedian/actor Tim Allen.

Good luck with your garage sort,

Mindy???

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

House was built in 1900. Just way too much to do with old houses.

LOL.   My son bought a late19th century farmhouse.  He has been a very busy fellow.

Willow, you should just get a nice big flannel nightgown.   That will take care of it all - and be very comfy. 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jandi said:

Willow, you should just get a nice big flannel nightgown.   That will take care of it all - and be very comfy. 

Amen to that!!!

Well... 

Had my call with doctor about blood work today at 230 while at work.  It went great.  I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, 2beBreanna said:

Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.

Congratulations!

Did you make it out of the pharmacy parking lot before you took your first dose? I didn't. Managed to the the first patch on in the (cramped) front seat of a '92 Saturn SL1 in front of the Goddess and everyone. ?

May you enjoy the ride and it bring you all you wished for and more!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Congratulations!

Did you make it out of the pharmacy parking lot before you took your first dose?

Yes but only because I did not eat anything today and did not want to take meds on empty stomach.  I made it home and ate then took first dose. 

@Ann W
Yes it is scary to think about the changes that will hopefully come.  It's funny how something we soo want to happen can be so scary at the same time. 

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations @2beBreanna I wasn’t nervous, I was excited to get started.  But, I still waited so that I took them on a schedule that was easy to follow.  I was momentarily hesitant before giving myself my first estradiol shot, but I just went for it.  Not hesitant anymore takes longer to get everything out and sanitized. 

Willow

Hi Mmindy nice to hear your in Missouri I actually live a couple counties away from Jefferson county. The company I work for has 2 quarries and a couple of asphalt plants in Jeff course.

2 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

Well... 

Had my call with doctor about blood work today at 230 while at work.  It went great.  I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.  

Woo Hoo! you've got this girl!

@2beBreanna That's wonderful news! Happy re-birthday! I remember being super excited and nervous when I started HRT. Hoping the experience and changes bring you much joy now and into the future.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.

Congratulations @2beBreanna, Here’s to the start of your medical transition. May your results be everything you’re hoping for and that the timing of the changes will be an easy adjustment for you.

My Best,

Susan R?

Thanks. I will need Luck and a couple more garbage cans. The big flannel night gown sounds good too. Congrats on your starting on HRT. That's awesome.

Jamie

Thanks everyone.  It happened a lot faster than I thought it would.  I wish everyone would be able to start as easily.  To many hoops to jump through for many. 

Gotta get to bed early tonight so I can wake up at 4 to shovel before work.  Where can I get a cozy flannel nighty.  Can't seem to find cute comfy pjs.

That's a great question! I never thought of getting one of those! That would be really nice to have in addition to pajamas. 

Congrats @2beBreanna!   I couldn't stop myself and took mine as soon as I got in the car. Why did I park so far away? Stupid street parking.

One of my friends at work gave a bag of clothes today. She came into my office area with it and immediately started  rummaging through it. Pulling stuff out and showing it to me. I think you'll like this...This'll look good on you. I was only slightly mortified this was happening. My office mates are guys and knew me before, made it kinda awkward. I got some nice stuff though and a dress. A sleeveless dress none-the-less. Of course I had to try it on when I got home (I tried it all on). It fits....really good. I just started going out in skirts and now a dress appears in my life. Just need an occasion to wear it. And the wife thing. I think she said no dresses but I'm not sure if that was no buying, wearing or just not in front of her. Oh well, life's a gamble.

Aww, @ElizabethStarthat would be so cool! I would have such a hard time waiting to get home to try them all on! Love it!! That was really sweet of her ❤️

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

The company I work for has 2 quarries and a couple of asphalt plants in Jeff course.

Small World Emily, my baby brother is a dispatcher and batch operator for Arnold Readymix. I hope things are going well for you. GirlMechanicsRock and being in the quarry/mining industry you really Rock. 

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy???

It's great that you have that kind of support with your coworkers. I don't think any of mine would have been that thoughtful.

6 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I just started going out in skirts and now a dress appears in my life.

When the student is ready...the dress will appear.  Good luck with the wife.

• Forum Moderator

Early morning to y’all .

woke up an hour ago and couldn’t get back to sleep.  I won’t make coffee this early though.

so yesterday I took a shower.  I bagged my foot carefully so it wouldn’t get wet.  No didn’t get wet, it got soaked.  I tried all day to get it to dry.  Used a fan, a hair dryer anything I could come up with.  Still wet.  About 5pm I gave up.  I removed the wet cotton wrapping. Put on two clean, white Harley Davidson socks, and put on my air cast.  I know the doctor is not going to be happy with me but this is better than showing up Friday to get the stitches out with a damp bandage .  A lot more comfortable too.  Turns out there was a line of small holes on the bottom of the brand new Glad Kitchen bag.  Might as well buy the cheap ones.  

I’ll be back later when the coffee is made and and I’m ready for a cup.

Willow

Good Morning! Sipping coffee. It snowed here, looks like a blizzard outside. I am thinking of taking the day off. If I do, after I clear the driveway, I am going to dress up!

Have a great day everyone!

6 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Small World Emily, my baby brother is a dispatcher and batch operator for Arnold Readymix. I hope things are going well for you. GirlMechanicsRock and being in the quarry/mining industry you really Rock. 

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy???

Wow it is a small world. We used to have a sand plant there too. We still load and unload barges in Herculaneum. I don’t make it down that way much there is an underground mine in st. Charles county I usually go to. Haha thanks girl mechanics do rock. Mining is interesting lol. It’s a lot of hours. You always have to watch your back in a mine it doesn’t take much for a situation to turn deadly.

Congratulations on the hrt 2bebreanna. Let the fun begin. I just celebrated 9 months the other day.

Good morning. I'm enjoying a cup of caramel flavored coffee. Looks like we finally got a little snow last night. I've got hour and a half before I get ready for work. Time to drink down my coffee and pray my snow blower behaves.