• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good Morning! Looks like I am not the first one up. My little dog let us sleep later. Sipping coffee. It snowed and is still snowing. Figure I will wait until about 8 am to start working on the driveway. 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cooking is much more fun when you don't HAVE to do it. Doing it with friends would be great. It's not in the cards right now, but someday it would be nice to get together with some of you and bake a great meal. 

I have a big kitchen with 2 stoves side by side with 2 griddles and 4 burners. Above them I have a restaurant style stainless exhaust hood that I built about 20 years ago. It doesn't get used as much as it should.

People were a little crazy in the store yesterday. I think they forget this isn't 1978 snow removal has gotten a lot more efficient over the years. Social distancing went out the window. The women with kids were taking priority crashing their way though the store. Guys were standing in the middle of the isle looking at products like a monkey with road map. I must be passing way more than I think as many of the guys seemed to completely ignore my existence. The other women that were shopping by themselves were really nice though.

My wife and I had another discussion about me being lactose intolerant again last night. I complained my stomach hurt after dinner, from all the cheese. I let her lead this time. She chimed in with you might be lactose intolerant.... blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah. I've telling her this for like 3 years. Maybe since it was "her" idea this time around it'll stick and I'll get some considerations with our meal planing.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

People were a little crazy in the store yesterday. I think they forget this isn't 1978 snow removal has gotten a lot more efficient over the years. Social distancing went out the window. The women with kids were taking priority crashing their way though the store. Guys were standing in the middle of the isle looking at products like a monkey with road map. I must be passing way more than I think as many of the guys seemed to completely ignore my existence. The other women that were shopping by themselves were really nice though.

Paradoxically, the only things purchased were bread, milk and eggs. Apparently people really love making French toast during snowstorms.

1 hour ago, HaraSurya said:

Paradoxically, the only things purchased were bread, milk and eggs. Apparently people really love making French toast during snowstorms.

???

My wife and I had another discussion about me being lactose intolerant again last night. I complained my stomach hurt after dinner, from all the cheese. I let her lead this time. She chimed in with you might be lactose intolerant.... blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah. I've telling her this for like 3 years. Maybe since it was "her" idea this time around it'll stick and I'll get some considerations with our meal planing.

I have a little of L intolerance. Half the people in my house are very intolerant. Lactaid milk doesn't always help. We drink a lot of almond milk here. A2 milk didn't help either. I've found that usually the food you like the most tries to kill you.

Count me in. For some reason, I always associate blizzards with baking cinnamon rolls. Speaking of which, those sound *really* good right now. We might have the ingredients laying around but I refuse to run out for anything today, I can't deal with anxious shoppers before severe weather. The only thing that's worse was the panic-buying at the start of the pandemic last March. I'll never forget the one person who had filled an entire shopping cart with Spaghetti-O's. Survival at its finest.

Love,

~Audrey.

1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Count me in. For some reason, I always associate blizzards with baking cinnamon rolls. Speaking of which, those sound *really* good right now. We might have the ingredients laying around but I refuse to run out for anything today, I can't deal with anxious shoppers before severe weather. The only thing that's worse was the panic-buying at the start of the pandemic last March. I'll never forget the one person who had filled an entire shopping cart with Spaghetti-O's. Survival at its finest.

Love,

~Audrey.

Yeah, and toilet paper. With 7 people in the house it was difficult to keep up supply of TP.

1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Love,

~Audrey.

Empty store shelves is what made me realize the pandemic was going to be a Big Deal for a long time. I mean, I knew the science behind it but seeing empty shelves was an eye opener.

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Yeah, and toilet paper. With 7 people in the house it was difficult to keep up supply of TP.

I got lucky that my roommates and I keep separate supplies. I like Scott brand toilet paper, which I joke is John Wayne approved. (It's rough, tough and don't take poop off no one.) But one roll lasts just me a little over a week and they never once asked for some of mine.

I got lucky that my roommates and I keep separate supplies. I like Scott brand toilet paper, which I joke is John Wayne approved. (It's rough, tough and don't take poop off no one.) But one roll lasts just me a little over a week and they never once asked for some of mine.

LOL. We use Charmin here. Has anyone noticed Charmin feels like sand paper now and harder to unroll?

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

LOL. We use Charmin here. Has anyone noticed Charmin feels like sand paper now and harder to unroll?

A little bit but after having to use Scott's single-ply sand paper for the last 10 years I'll happily deal with it.

A little bit but after having to use Scott's single-ply sand paper for the last 10 years I'll happily deal with it.

You have a point there.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I'm mildly lactose intolerant. Fortunately Lactaid exists. Now that I'm lighter and more active, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Though thinking about it, the only dairy I eat now is butter and cheese. Even so, with the Lactaid, even at my worst, I could eat a pizza and not have to worry about spending the rest of my day on the toilet.

2 hours ago, HaraSurya said:

Those fools! They forgot the vanilla and powdered sugar!

2 hours ago, Audrey said:

I'll never forget the one person who had filled an entire shopping cart with Spaghetti-O's. Survival at its finest.

Yeah. Surviving. Maybe. Spaghetti-O's three meals a day certainly isn't LIVING. Yuck.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:
3 hours ago, HaraSurya said:

Those fools! They forgot the vanilla and powdered sugar!

I noticed around here people tend to buy up all the flour. There's always plenty of yeast on the shelves but no flour. I don't know what they're making with it. Maybe a lot of paper mache going on.

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah. Surviving. Maybe. Spaghetti-O's three meals a day certainly isn't LIVING. Yuck.

I tried it with Ramen noodles for a couple of weeks. Spaghetti-O's "might" have been an improvement.

• Forum Moderator

I tried it with Ramen noodles for a couple of weeks. Spaghetti-O's "might" have been an improvement.

You can do some fun things with Ramen. One my wife likes is Ramen carbonera. Which I basically worked out after watching an episode of the Muppets where they made carbonera and I wanted to try it. My wife is allergic to gluten so my choices for noodles were GF corn-based spaghetti or Ramen. The Ramen was faster, so...

It's actually quite good.

I've got a whole Ramen cookbook that's got everything from main dishes to deserts in it. I picked it up in a resale shop for $2.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Gee, I haven't had Spaghetti-O's in 25+ yrs. My how things have changed. I still don't understand the toilet paper hording. I bet it was some idiot who saw somebody buying for a large family and thought OH, we might run out of it and the hording began.

Nice warm shower this AM. will be changing the patch later this afternoon. Still a happy girl that I finally got it.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Still a happy girl that I finally got it.

I'm still so happy for you. You went through Hell to get it.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Someone at a pot luck brought vegetarian peanut butter tofu chili. It was awesome. Yours looks good. I'm going to try it. Thanks

I have been vegan for a long time: about 24 years, I think.  For a few years, my wife and I lived in a community where veganism was quite common.  They had regular community pot-luck dinners, and of course all the vegans brought vegan dishes.  The eating was great.  Unfortunately, the carnivores also found the vegan food delicious and would clean them out before all the vegans had made it through the line. 

It got so that they had to have a vegan table, with vegan police to ensure that the vegans had exclusive access for their first helpings!

Of course, delicious vegan food is the best way to convert carnivores.  You don't even tell them it's vegan until they compliment you on how good it was.  Bwah-ha-ha!

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I have been vegan for a long time: about 24 years, I think.  For a few years, my wife and I lived in a community where veganism was quite common.  They had regular community pot-luck dinners, and of course all the vegans brought vegan dishes.  The eating was great.  Unfortunately, the carnivores also found the vegan food delicious and would clean them out before all the vegans had made it through the line. 

It got so that they had to have a vegan table, with vegan police to ensure that the vegans had exclusive access for their first helpings!

Of course, delicious vegan food is the best way to convert carnivores.  You don't even tell them it's vegan until they compliment you on how good it was.  Bwah-ha-ha!

That's funny. I miss living out in Tacoma where health food stores and restaurants were plentiful. I was out there between 1975 and 1985. I was there for St. Hellens both times, and the building of the Tacoma dome. 

I was a vegan for years, now I a pescetarian. After my divorce when I was young, I lived on ramen noodles for a long time. If I never see ramen again, I am fine with it. Spagetti-O's? I remember my kids eating those. I put them in the same category as ramen.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

I can’t say I envy any of you in the snowstorm path. My daughter and girls are expecting a foot.

Say I just want to point out something here. There has been a lot of talk about vegan recipes and peanut butter and any number of typical dishes.  WATCH OUT WHAT YOU EAT!

most if not all of us are taking medication that causes your potassium level to go up.  Many of the typical vegetables used as meat substitutes are high in potassium too.  You could put yourself in danger without knowing or trying, or your endocrinologist could decide to take away your hrt.

personally when I had one high reading I was surprised at all the things on the high in potassium list. We all know bananas, but cucumbers squash peanuts the list is lengthy.  

I was eating a lot of dill pickles when mine jumped up.  Cut back on the pickles, and it went back to normal.  Who would have guessed a pickle was a problem but it is.  

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I forgot to mention in my post, spironolactone in particular causes potassium levels to go up so if you take that you are someone I’m talking to about potassium.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi everyone 

I can’t say I envy any of you in the snowstorm path. My daughter and girls are expecting a foot.

Say I just want to point out something here. There has been a lot of talk about vegan recipes and peanut butter and any number of typical dishes.  WATCH OUT WHAT YOU EAT!

most if not all of us are taking medication that causes your potassium level to go up.  Many of the typical vegetables used as meat substitutes are high in potassium too.  You could put yourself in danger without knowing or trying, or your endocrinologist could decide to take away your hrt.

personally when I had one high reading I was surprised at all the things on the high in potassium list. We all know bananas, but cucumbers squash peanuts the list is lengthy.  

I was eating a lot of dill pickles when mine jumped up.  Cut back on the pickles, and it went back to normal.  Who would have guessed a pickle was a problem but it is.  

Willow

I had no idea. Thanks very much for the info.