• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

6 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Ok you d and d aficionados. I have never played but sounds interesting. I used to play the original adventure, colossal cave, on DOS a long time ago. You had to type in the directions. N for north, U for down. GET for pickup a nearby object. Etc.

My contribution to the discussion is to supply the dice for your game. I found a six sided rock!

F16307BF-481C-4813-AB72-8624A1780829.jpeg

116C14EA-5CBD-4075-9306-EFC56C6C1CFE.jpeg

6483409A-08BE-4000-B672-4B3B1542A416.jpeg

F3B35BBC-C222-4D55-9060-FD2E82239201.jpeg

Love the dice, especially with the pink.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Personally, I have an abusive relationship with D&D. I do not like the system. It does not play nice with my sensibilities or GM style. However, I own EVERY SINGLE EDITION because it keeps saying, "Oh baby, I've changed," and I keep believing it. Also it's all anybody wants to play, so I'm stuck.

I'll happily play it with friends, but I hate running it. I've been running the current game more-or-less weekly for over a year.

As for people who know about Aftermath... oh sweetie. I am SURROUNDED by game books over here. I love trying new systems. My shelves are choked with books and my E:/ drive is festooned with game-related .pdf files. During my unhappy denial years, I tried to fill the void in my soul with epic piles of RPG games (also some war games and board games). The result is an avalanche of RPG products. Most of which have only been played a couple of times. Some not at all (looking at YOU 7th Sea). I seriously have more stock than my friendly local game store.

Hugs!

Wow we have a lot in common then. I used to collect RPG books too. I had too many tho and got rid of a bunch. Did you ever play the original 1974 D&D? It can be played pretty free form, low focus on stats. I actually made a homebrew modern zombie rpg with that and it worked quite well.

Wow, no Zelda or Mario fans? My favorite is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. I heard a rumor Nintendo is coming out with an HD version for Switch late this year.

Haha, I have played those. The only Zelda I ever completed was A Link to the Past on the Super Nintendo. Never completed a Mario but always found them fun. I couldn't figure out Ocarina of Time. Majora's Made made me cry in frustration and I quit after losing the first mission.

4 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Well, breast forms arrived today and I have an appointment to get my ears pierced. 

as far as it being a fair die, I tossed it a 100 times and got these results 

1 - 12

2 - 23

3 - 22

4 - 36

5 - 4

6 - 3

could be useful for generating rare events

250ED5F1-1853-4F6E-A36A-BE5D264C592E.jpeg

?

7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Personally, I have an abusive relationship with D&D. I do not like the system. It does not play nice with my sensibilities or GM style. However, I own EVERY SINGLE EDITION because it keeps saying, "Oh baby, I've changed," and I keep believing it. Also it's all anybody wants to play, so I'm stuck.

I'll happily play it with friends, but I hate running it. I've been running the current game more-or-less weekly for over a year.

As for people who know about Aftermath... oh sweetie. I am SURROUNDED by game books over here. I love trying new systems. My shelves are choked with books and my E:/ drive is festooned with game-related .pdf files. During my unhappy denial years, I tried to fill the void in my soul with epic piles of RPG games (also some war games and board games). The result is an avalanche of RPG products. Most of which have only been played a couple of times. Some not at all (looking at YOU 7th Sea). I seriously have more stock than my friendly local game store.

Hugs!

I loved playing Tomb Raider. Got to be Lara Croft. 

That’s great to hear Elizabeth I’m sure you will enjoy the baby shower.

just laying here in bed trying to fall asleep. My orchiectomy is tomorrow so yeah needless to say I’m to excited to sleep lol 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

just laying here in bed trying to fall asleep. My orchiectomy is tomorrow so yeah needless to say I’m to excited to sleep lol 

Best wishes for a restful recovery tomorrow @Emily michelle

I totaly understand the night before excitement. 

Hugs,

Mindy???

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

That’s great to hear Elizabeth I’m sure you will enjoy the baby shower.

I'd be interested to hear how that goes. It is an option that I think about. All the different options are overwhelming and I worry I will pick the wrong one.

• Forum Moderator

Best wishes and best results for you on your surgery tomorrow, Emily michelle! What an exciting time! May your recovery be fast and as pain free as possible!

Susan R?

5 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Wow, no Zelda or Mario fans? My favorite is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. I heard a rumor Nintendo is coming out with an HD version for Switch late this year.

Super Mario fan here

Hugs,

Mike

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery Emily.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Now you are talking. I love Mario. but the only two I have completed was Yosi's Island. And Super Mario brothers II. After my accident in the service I was introduced to Mario. When I was working CQ in the dorms. I would play it all night. Nothing better to do. And that was Nintendo.

Now my favorite games are the Fallout series (but Vault 79), Minecraft and Forza 4. 

Well it is getting late and this girl needs her beauty sleep. (like for 20 yrs)

Good night all.

Kymmie

9 hours ago, AwesomeClaire said:

Wow we have a lot in common then. I used to collect RPG books too. I had too many tho and got rid of a bunch. Did you ever play the original 1974 D&D? It can be played pretty free form, low focus on stats. I actually made a homebrew modern zombie rpg with that and it worked quite well.

There is a huge movement in the gaming community to get back to the original AD&D in various forms.  The movement operates largely under the umbrella of "Old School Rules," or "OSR."  There are a couple of rule sets out there that are free, or at least the starter rules are free and you can buy add-ons.  I downloaded a lot of the Basic Fantasy RPG for free.

I personally am not a huge fan of pre-third edition.  While the 3.5 rules are not prefect and are somewhat complicated for beginners, the options are awesome.  I like that creatures such as Vampires and Werewolves are modifications of base creatures rather that just set  monsters which need a lot of freehand DM tweaking to make anything else of them.  I like that a lot of humanoid monsters and even others can have character classes, so an orc could be just an orc, or it could be a 5th-level Orc Fighter, 4th-level Orc Rogue.  You just never know.  I have to say I have been somewhat disappointed with 5e, due to the fact they've dumbed down the game so much.  It isn't that I don't think there is a place for a dumbed-down rule set for beginners, I just haven't seen the rules upgrades to allow more complex and advanced game play.

I played both Basic D&D and AD&D back in the day.  Basic lasted about two sessions, while AD&D became a staple in my game life until 2e came out and my friends and I converted.

8 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Wishing you my best, Emily.

Women might like inviting us to their showers and such cause we aren't jaded veterans of such events, we'd actually be enthusiastic attendees!

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Luck! May your recovery be swift and the results everything you could ask for! Also, enjoy being a princess for a couple of days while you heal.

10 hours ago, AwesomeClaire said:

Yeah, I want to offload some of my collection, but I'm having trouble finding a buyer at the moment.

I started playing (with the rules anyway) in 1980-1981, before that... gosh, Queen of the Demonweb Pits... that must have been '78? That was more of a free-form thing but I was pretty young. Anyway, I've SEEN Chainmail but never played. My first rules set was the pre-red box basic set. Right now I'm kind of big on GENESYS. It'll do any genre besides super-heroes (it's bad at super-heroes, not that it doesn't try but...).

Yeah, I miss templates for monsters too @KimmieElise. 5e has the skeleton, which means they thought about it, but the rules set doesn't allow for that level of modular critter-building. I've found encounters are way more of an art than a science when I'm trying to make a combat encounter for 5e. 3e numbers worked (mostly, looking at YOU ghouls) better.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

Women might like inviting us to their showers and such cause we aren't jaded veterans of such events, we'd actually be enthusiastic attendees!

I'm pretty sure I just get invited to things because I'm delightful. ?

Hugs!

2 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Honestly, I am very excited but I have idea what to expect. Like so many other girly things I refused to learn and avoid them because it may have caused me to question my identity before I was ready. I know there are guy that goto events likes this and don't think twice about who they are. Maybe hyper-avoidance? And yet when my wife asked me to goto the store to get something from "that aisle" I was OK with. Of course I had no idea exactly what she needed so I face-timed her, now who's embarrassed?

I'm afraid I tried D&D when it came out.  Joined one expedition and backed out after that.  Just didn't get into role playing.  I did spend lots of time playing Risk and Civilization though.  I still play Civilization on a computer.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I'm early because my right hand is on fire reminding me that I may have over worked it. On top of the arthritis and carpal tunnel, I smashed my ring finger at the fingernail, instantly filling it with bruising pressure. I was able to relieve the pressure by lifting the tip of the nail, and draining it. 

My large coffee mug is serving as a heat source to gently warm my finger joints. I've rubbed in my prescription strength arthritis cream, taken some Aleve. Another therapy attempt is petting Amy the cat as she tries to block the iPad on my lap.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy???

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,

I'm early because my right hand is on fire reminding me that I may have over worked it. On top of the arthritis and carpal tunnel, I smashed my ring finger at the fingernail, instantly filling it with bruising pressure. I was able to relieve the pressure by lifting the tip of the nail, and draining it. 

My large coffee mug is serving as a heat source to gently warm my finger joints. I've rubbed in my prescription strength arthritis cream, taken some Aleve. Another therapy attempt is petting Amy the cat as she tries to block the iPad on my lap.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy???

Ahhh  Hun.  Arthritis sucks, I know.  Hang in there.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I had no idea exactly what she needed so I face-timed her, now who's embarrassed?

No need be embarrassed, if you don't have kids, or it's been a long time since your kids were babies. You can't go wrong with buying the perishable items that every baby goes through. Wet wipes, disposable diapers, baby lotions, bath wraps, and the like. Then cute little onesies with you favorite unicorns and rainbows on them. Toys will come later, and if you're not having kids, then you get them the noisiest ones they can operate. 

Have fun with it,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KimmieElise said:

Ahhh  Hun.  Arthritis sucks, I know.  Hang in there.

Thank you Kimmie,

I'm learning to deal with it, now I'm understanding why people retire at this age. There is no way I could meet a production timetable as a full time mechanic anymore. 

Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, RhondaS said:

The first baby shower I was ever invited to was for the lesbian couple next door, who were expecting their first baby.  Who'd have thunk a few years ago that this conservative, rednecky fishing village would see a baby shower with a trans-lesbian/lesbian-by-marriage couple as guests and a lesbian couple as the stars?  Everyone who was anyone was there (the women, anyway), and it was a lot of fun.

I might need an extra coffee this morning.  The rain we were supposed to get overnight came down as heavy, wet snow. :(