• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Took my first dose of ESTRADIOL and SPIRONOLACTONE yesterday. Feels good to finally be taking transitioning meds that are regulated.

Have a great day.

Jamie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Took my first dose of ESTRADIOL and SPIRONOLACTONE yesterday. Feels good to finally be taking transitioning meds that are regulated.

Have a great day.

Jamie

Woot Woot!  Stay hydrated. That Spiro will make you pee A LOT at first. 

Feels good to finally be taking transitioning meds that are regulated.

How nice...best of luck with the medical transition.  ?

Me, I got Ma'amed for the third day in a row yesterday.  This time at Home Depot.  I'm having such a good week.

• Forum Moderator

Have a great day.

Jamie

Welcome to the club!

looks like it will be another nice day today.   Blue sky, high near 70.  I’m ready to go walk on the beach!  Our weather should start getting better now.  I guess I need to think about yard clean up, grass seed and fertilizer.  I need to make several trips to the recycle center to get rid of yard waste.

only the golf course is green and I swear they spread green dye on it.  

coffee is almost gone, guess it’s a two cup day.

have a good day.

Willow

1 hour ago, SheenaT said:

Sipping my coffee and feeling good. De foliated my legs yesterday and it feels so amazing. Morning everyone!

Why do such simple things bring so much joy?

6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

That's wonderful! Congratulations! You'll really begin to notice changes here on out. So happy for you! ?

Thanks for your support. Had to laugh while reading side effects. One said swelling breasts, and the other said breast growth. Sounds like a win win to me.

Jamie

• Forum Moderator

a Balmy 22 out today with blue clouds. We did finally get some white stuff. about 1/2 inch over night. Finally a day off. surprising that my back isn't killing me like normal.

I finally gave up on my walls jacket. one time the zipper would work fine next wouldn't. So, I dug out my wife's old carhart it is beat up but still comfy. Once I had told my youngest that I gave up on the Walls. he immediately wanted to go with me when I go shopping fora new one. Didn't say why. I just wonder if he wants to accompany me to make sure I get the right gender jacket.  

Congratulations and welcome to the club @Jamie68 It has only been a month for me but at least I am finally continuing my journey to who I need to be.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Finally taking down the last of the xmas lights. (I go NUTS with lights). I probably put out 30-40 long strings plus projectors and inflatables every year. Yes, I'm that neighbor lol.   I have a few trees out front that I had put just warm white lights on to combat the long dark nights and the neighbors wanted me to keep them on as long as possible.  I threw my back out yesterday falling on ice so I'm not climbing up into one tree, that will have to wait.  It's ridiculously warm today, already 50 degrees. Yesterday hit 67!  I have to go to Home Depot to get more storage for the lights so gonna put the top down on the Mustang and take the long way there ;) 

I also got all my paperwork/finances into the bank for the business real estate mortgage application.  The stress of putting all that together is gone but now comes the wait to see if they will give me the loan. I'm gonna be on pins and needles for awhile.

Other than that, life is pretty good. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Woot Woot!  Stay hydrated. That Spiro will make you pee A LOT at first. 

No lie, I lost twenty pounds of water weight on Spiro.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Thanks for your support. Had to laugh while reading side effects. One said swelling breasts, and the other said breast growth. Sounds like a win win to me.

I know, right? I mean, "Yes, that was the plan. What was your point again?"

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I just wonder if he wants to accompany me to make sure I get the right gender jacket.

And you said he wasn't supportive! How's his fashion sense? You think he could help you figure out what gives you the most feminine silhouette and compliments your coloring?

Snark obviously, but you DID say the "right gender jacket" and we all know you're a woman so... Get a warm one though. The one I have is lovely and long, but I still have to layer because it doesn't keep me anywhere near warm enough. Also it uses buttons so no zipper issues!

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I also got all my paperwork/finances into the bank for the business real estate mortgage application.  The stress of putting all that together is gone but now comes the wait to see if they will give me the loan. I'm gonna be on pins and needles for awhile.

Good luck with the loan Bri! I hope they get you everything you need!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Jamie68

Breast swelling or breast growth.  Well it’s true that some see permanent breast growth and some don’t.  No guarantees.  

The first thing you should feel is tenderness and “swelling” under your nipple and aureole.  Even getting a hug can be uncomfortable.  Bumping into something can remind you of getting hit between you legs.

over time you may get permanent breast growth. Everyone is different so don’t expect immediate changes.  As for true breast growth that may start within 6 months it may take longer.  

good luck getting to where you want to be.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

even getting a hug can be uncomfortable.

Yeah, surprised me.  But it meant that something was finally happening.

Another pretty day here.  Cold and rain due back tomorrow though.

Had a busy morning.  Went and got a load of firewood - which I'll need in the morning for sure.  Then got out and dug around in the garden a bit.  There's a few things I need to get in the ground soon.

But Spring is on the way.

IMG_2048.thumb.jpg.8755062b08d56a662e24bf6c509c5225.jpg

3 hours ago, Willow said:

@Jamie68

Breast swelling or breast growth.  Well it’s true that some see permanent breast growth and some don’t.  No guarantees.  

The first thing you should feel is tenderness and “swelling” under your nipple and aureole.  Even getting a hug can be uncomfortable.  Bumping into something can remind you of getting hit between you legs.

over time you may get permanent breast growth. Everyone is different so don’t expect immediate changes.  As for true breast growth that may start within 6 months it may take longer.  

good luck getting to where you want to be.

Willow

I've been on herbal transitioning supplements for 6 months now. Already going through a lot of this stuff. Nice to get on the REAL treatment program. I want to physically become a woman to match my soul. Also I want my insurance to pay for it. They go with the WPATH standards. I'm beginning their plan of progression. I feel good about it.

10 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Have a great day.

Jamie

Congratulations! I know you’ve wanted this a long time and have battled your way to get it.

I figure I’m about a month away... I hope... I have an an appointment with a new pcp in 3 weeks. I switched to a full service clinic recommended by OHSU. I added hormones to the list for discussion at my first appointment. Got my ears pierced a couple days ago. I keep my nails polished. I haven’t worn boy clothes in a week. Getting more and more comfortable in my own skin every day. On Saturday I’m the contest chair for an area speech contest over zoom. I don’t want to detract from the performances so I’m not going to show up in full dress and make up. They won’t see the skirt and tights though. Probably wear an androgynous top. So many decisions!

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Congratulations! I know you’ve wanted this a long time and have battled your way to get it.

I figure I’m about a month away... I hope... I have an an appointment with a new pcp in 3 weeks. I switched to a full service clinic recommended by OHSU. I added hormones to the list for discussion at my first appointment. Got my ears pierced a couple days ago. I keep my nails polished. I haven’t worn boy clothes in a week. Getting more and more comfortable in my own skin every day. On Saturday I’m the contest chair for an area speech contest over zoom. I don’t want to detract from the performances so I’m not going to show up in full dress and make up. They won’t see the skirt and tights though. Probably wear an androgynous top. So many decisions!

Awesome. I'm happy for you. I know the anticipation is rough. Hang in there. Sounds like it's coming together for you too. I don't really have any women's clothes yet except panties. Budget stretched pretty thin. Soon though.

Congrats Jamie. Hope you get everything you need and want from them.

@Emily michelle I hope you are healing nicely.  good to hear some are getting what they desire.  An orchi is the one thing I am the most set on getting done.

@ElizabethStarIt sounds like you won the lottery with how great your fellow employees are. 

Jandi..  love daffodils.  One of the best signs of spring.

8 hours ago, Ann W said:

How nice...best of luck with the medical transition.  ?

Me, I got Ma'amed for the third day in a row yesterday.  This time at Home Depot.  I'm having such a good week.

Oooooh how awesome!

8 hours ago, SheenaT said:

Sipping my coffee and feeling good. De foliated my legs yesterday and it feels so amazing. Morning everyone!

Don't smooth legs feel the best!!!

• Forum Moderator

I guess doing this trans thing for the last five years has changed my perceptions a bit.  I was looking at an astronomy forum, and there was a thread about double stars.  The subject line was "The difference between binary and non-binary".  Whoa, did I ever misunderstand that one on first glance!!  ?

I hope everyone is having a good day.  We had a lot of snow melt, but there's still a lot to go.

• Forum Moderator

Yes @KathyLaurenit just goes to show that the mind goes where its been.  This is also probably why a lot of us when starting out are so sensitive to others perceptions.  When in reality the things in our sphere of thinking are so far from what other cis people think about.  

Jani

After weeks of waiting my new insurance benefits card was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. Finally an "Official" something with my correct name on it. I didn't even have to ask. HR asked me if I wanted the new card with the right name and took care of all the details for me. Feels so validating.

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I didn't even have to ask. HR asked me if I wanted the new card with the right name and took care of all the details for me. Feels so validating.

It is cool how your HR is so supporting.

• Forum Moderator
On 2/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, Emily michelle said:

I’m home now and on the couch relaxing. Everything went good. I had issues in recovery but it’s all better now 

This is good news, I've been away so I'm late to take care and follow the doctors advice.

hugs,

Mindy???