• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

I haven't flown in nearly 40 years.  Back in the day, I was an instructor.  I still love talking about those days.  In fact, I am off to a Friday night Zoom meeting for LGBTQ+ aviators.  It is mostly gay male middle-aged airline pilots griping about their covid layoffs, but it's fun to crash their party sometimes.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LaurenA said:

This year the motorcycle goes because I can't lift it up anymore.

I gave mine up a few years ago for that and other issues.

I never flew, but the bike kinda felt like it to me.

5 hours ago, SheenaT said:

Any other trans electrician's?

I do a little bit of electrical work but mostly low voltage stuff, phone wiring and alarm systems. I wear a skirt and carry a tool bag.

Got a little depressed last night...long couple days of work, which means these days alone in a room with an occasional phone talk or email about the work, then get on the internet to see what the news is and some Republican was trying to attach a ban of trans people from sports law to the COVID relief package. 

Just decades of denial followed by now months of waiting for more progress to get to a point where people will hate me for what I am the more I present as what I need to be. ugh

1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

Got a little depressed last night...long couple days of work, which means these days alone in a room with an occasional phone talk or email about the work, then get on the internet to see what the news is and some Republican was trying to attach a ban of trans people from sports law to the COVID relief package. 

Just decades of denial followed by now months of waiting for more progress to get to a point where people will hate me for what I am the more I present as what I need to be. ugh

Yep, the news gets you like that. I try not to read anything regarding LGBT+ anymore, as its always negative.

8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I do a little bit of electrical work but mostly low voltage stuff, phone wiring and alarm systems. I wear a skirt and carry a tool bag.

I'm a retired sheet metal worker of 40+ years. A skirt just wouldn't do. What do you do when you have to climb up a ladder?

4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

I feel ya sister.  everywhere I turned the last few days I felt attacked.  Damn algorithms figured out I'm trans/LGBT and have filled my news feeds with all the negative news.   I know there's positive movement happening for us but it gets so drowned out by the hate.  I had to call in someone to take over for me at work because I spiraled down so bad. 

Continuing the other topics of flying and bikes, I gave up my bike a few years back when it just became too painful to ride with my back issues.  I hope someday to go get my single engine license someday.  I miss flying from my Army days. I was a Huey crewchief back then and 99% of the time a passenger but occasionally got some stick time on maintance check out flights by some less than by the books pilots ;). They're justification was I should know the basics in case they were shot.  Never could hover but I got to the point where I think I could bring her back and land if I had to.

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

catching up here, well skinning mostly.  Y’all been pretty prolific writers.

I don’t have my pilots license, I started that with my son as my instructor.  He is a commercial airline pilot with more ratings than I can keep up with.  He paid a lot of his way through Embry Riddle by instructing other students.  We had to stop when 911 hit. The school he taught at was too close to Dulles and was in the exclusion zone. 

I have my motorcycle endorsement.  I used to ride a Harley Ultra Classic.  But it became unsafe for me to continue riding it after I tore up my shoulder.  Some days I miss riding but mostly not.  

@KymmieL I hope not being able to get to Spokane for that interview didn’t set you back.

I've been doing outdoor spring clean up now that we have a break in the rain.  The rivers are finally receding.  We had some flooding at the marina, four to eight inches of water covered the road in.  Everything here is tidal so now it just floods at high tide. Hopefully that will be gone by Monday.

I continue to add people to my coming out.  So far so good.

until next time

Willow

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I'm a retired sheet metal worker of 40+ years. A skirt just wouldn't do. What do you do when you have to climb up a ladder?

I don't know, so far it hasn't happened. I have a pair of jeans in my trunk just in case but I haven't worn them in a couple years.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I don't know, so far it hasn't happened. I have a pair of jeans in my trunk just in case but I haven't worn them in a couple years.

In my personal experience, when a tech realizes she's wearing a skirt and is therefore unable to modestly, for example, crawl under desks to attend to cables, she grabs a male co-worker and makes him do it. This method probably won't work for you in the field, so you'll need to pack a male co-worker (or at least someone wearing pants) in your truck for deployment as needed.

I suppose you could also wear leggings, boy-shorts or other appropriate garments under your skirt. That would mean you vacuum-packed a co-worker for nothing though.

Hugs!

Good morning all. I too am a flight instructor along with my regular job flying. I also restore vintage aircraft. I have a shop and I’m figuring that when I fully transition that is probably what I’ll do then. I can restore them and sell. This way I won’t have to work for someone else. Will see time will tell.

On another note yesterday really sucked, had a really bad day with life I’m getting through it but just so hard some days. 

• Forum Moderator

I used to ride.  My last bike was a Suzuki 1100.  I fell on ice and broken my wrist 8 years ago and that sort of put fear into me.  Before I figured I would never have to "get off" or if I did it wouldn't be bad.  After falling the all changed and I rode less eventually selling it a few years ago.  Plus it was too large for me.  Previously I rode 750's.  Que sera sera.

7 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Just decades of denial followed by now months of waiting for more progress to get to a point where people will hate me for what I am the more I present as what I need to be.

Just shows that transition is not something we do lightly.  It's something you just have to do.

I to rode motorcycles actually most of my life, but I finally sold my last bike because so many people were getting hurt and I had enough of people not paying any attention and pull out in front of you. So enough was enough for me.

15 hours ago, SheenaT said:

Any other trans electrician's?

As you know, I fit this category. Just not licensed.

I have a Yamaha 1300, but haven't been able to ride it since my prostate surgery 3 years ago. I hope to ride again after my GCS is healed up. Strength to hold it up has now become a concern.

Hugs,

Mike

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

In my personal experience, when a tech realizes she's wearing a skirt and is therefore unable to modestly, for example, crawl under desks to attend to cables, she grabs a male co-worker and makes him do it. This method probably won't work for you in the field, so you'll need to pack a male co-worker (or at least someone wearing pants) in your truck for deployment as needed.

I suppose you could also wear leggings, boy-shorts or other appropriate garments under your skirt. That would mean you vacuum-packed a co-worker for nothing though.

I suppose I could ask a guy but I really want things fixed right the first time. Besides, boy get emasculated so easily even by a trans-girl. I just realized how horrible that must be for them. Their at a job, things start going horribly wrong and then I show up . Not as back-up but to take over lead, get things fixed and back on schedule.?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

suppose I could ask a guy but I really want things fixed right the first time. Besides, boy get emasculated so easily even by a trans-girl. I just realized how horrible that must be for them. Their at a job, things start going horribly wrong and then I show up . Not as back-up but to take over lead, get things fixed and back on schedule.?

Oh that is SO true.

Hugs!

I had a 700 Shadow. (about the size of a sportster)  I liked it pretty well, and for awhile it was my primary transportation even in winter.  I live close to the Blue Ridge so it was easy to ride up for a day trip.  After I retired I would visit family out of state on it. Between my sister and my own kids, I had people scattered around the southeast.  It was nice to be able to take my time going from one to another.  You do have to travel light though.

I actually hit a deer one time.  Killed her, but not me.  I was taking a round-about route up to visit my son in Boone.  I was on a very twisty road and came out of a curve at a fortunately low speed.   All I saw was a brown blur, and then wham.  A woman came along and stopped to see if I was okay, the dead deer was still in the road.  She called her boyfriend to come get the deer.  I didn't want to call anybody (didn't have my own phone) so I wrestled the fender off the wheel, and got back on and rode on to Boone.  I couldn't put one leg on the ground which was kinda tricky.  Apparently I was in shock, and kinda stupid.  (but I'm like that).  I stopped and limped into a ABC store for some whiskey, and went on to my son's place.

I rode home the next day but by then it took about 10 minutes to just get off the bike. I was out of work for awhile, but it was an adventure for sure.  

4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Could get awkward. Might want to check if they still fit.

2 hours ago, Jandi said:

Just shows that transition is not something we do lightly.  It's something you just have to do.

Yeah, nobody in their right mind would choose to be like us. More like it chose us and we get to deal with it, like it or not.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jani said:

I used to ride.  My last bike was a Suzuki 1100.

Someone else with a Zook.  My ride, back in the day, was a Suzuki GT380.  The GT series were two-strokes, so it had credible power for highway riding.  I did a few long vacation trips on it.  But motorcycles are for young folks.  I sold it a long time ago.

3 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Someone else with a Zook.  My ride, back in the day, was a Suzuki GT380.  The GT series were two-strokes, so it had credible power for highway riding.  I did a few long vacation trips on it.  But motorcycles are for young folks.  I sold it a long time ago.

My first bike which I got as pieces that had to reassembled when I was a teenager was a 70s GT750 water buffalo!  I got it running, took one ride on it and realized it was way too much for a first real bike. lol. Wow those old 2 stokes were torquey. The one I just recently gave up about 5 years ago was a Suzuki Volusia 750. Loved it.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL I hope not being able to get to Spokane for that interview didn’t set you back.

Willow

Nope, I figure their loss. I have contacted the District manager for the stores in Spokane. He said he might just have a place for me. He is going to talk to that stores manager on Monday.

My first bike was an 2007 Harley Sportster 1200L. That was the one I got into my accident with. Broke 4 ribs and damaged my spleen. Wound up trading that on an 08 Fatboy. then in 2015 I traded up again to my Street Glide. I think the only time I didn't ride a Harley was when I went through the safety course. Everything else has been Harley. Not counting my 84 Honda ATC 200x three wheeler. now that was a blast.

Got Ma'amed today. it was great.

Kymmie

10 hours ago, Confused1 said:

As you know, I fit this category. Just not licensed.

I have a Yamaha 1300, but haven't been able to ride it since my prostate surgery 3 years ago. I hope to ride again after my GCS is healed up. Strength to hold it up has now become a concern.

Hugs,

Mike

?