• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

10 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Someone else with a Zook.  My ride, back in the day, was a Suzuki GT380.  The GT series were two-strokes, so it had credible power for highway riding.  I did a few long vacation trips on it.  But motorcycles are for young folks.  I sold it a long time ago.

Back in the mid 80s I had a Suzuki 450 2 cyl. I loved it. It had 5 gears and got 75 mpg. Had to sell it when I moved back to Illinois from Tacoma. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Back in the mid 80s I had a Suzuki 450 2 cyl. I loved it. It had 5 gears and got 75 mpg. Had to sell it when I moved back to Illinois from Tacoma. 

Actually it had 6 gears. 

*sips coffee*

Good morning all, I know it’s been a while since I posted. I thought I would say hello and check in. I have been busy at work, but that has dropped off the face of the Earth again, so now slowness has started again. I decided to add in a new therapist that specializes in supporting those with Gender Identity concerns, which would be great except my emotional life has been shaken on its head. I have come to realize some of my emotional issues are triggered by my “parents” and their lack of interest in my life, even before the discussion of transition and the years of neglect and possible abuse. This has kind of destabilized me again, along with increasing the estrogen about a month and half ago.

*sips coffee*

I am just trying to stay afloat I guess right now, which is partially why I took a step back. We are trying to work through the trauma of the neglect and various events, while also keeping me out of the hospital, as we don’t feel like that would be a safe place for me (it would be non-gender affirming and also with COVID, just seems like a poor choice).

*sips coffee*

So yeah, that’s what has been going on. I am trying to work on a plan to start up a local LGBTQ+ Social Group, because there isn’t one that already exists, and I think something like this would be really nice for a place where I can find like minded individuals to do board game nights, coffee hour, and other social things without it being just solely about support groups. That at least is the pie in the sky dream with it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, QuestioningAmber said:

So yeah, that’s what has been going on. I am trying to work on a plan to start up a local LGBTQ+ Social Group, because there isn’t one that already exists, and I think something like this would be really nice for a place where I can find like minded individuals to do board game nights, coffee hour, and other social things without it being just solely about support groups. That at least is the pie in the sky dream with it.

Weird, I thought there would have been one in Columbus. Then again, the closest ones to me are in Ferndale or Ann Arbor, not Detroit. Though there are some for youth groups, nothing for mature women like me. Good on you for looking to start one!

As for the abuse/neglect thing... I feel you. My therapist and I go over childhood trauma kind of a lot.

Hugs!

@Jackie C. I know what you mean, I did a search on Facebook for groups and asked around. There are independent things like a Softball league, or a bowling league, but not like a gaming group, coffee group, things like that. I am not quite there on wanting to put myself out there because as being the front person, I have a feeling I might get some hate over it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, QuestioningAmber said:

@Jackie C. I know what you mean, I did a search on Facebook for groups and asked around. There are independent things like a Softball league, or a bowling league, but not like a gaming group, coffee group, things like that. I am not quite there on wanting to put myself out there because as being the front person, I have a feeling I might get some hate over it.

I know what you mean. Affirmations had a board-game night and I totally missed it (though I never did figure out how to pay for parking in their lot). My regular gaming group is ALMOST half LGBTQ+, but that was more of a happy accident. Something closer would have been really nice.

I also miss seeing people in person. Two of us are high risk so I wouldn't dream of it until we're all vaccinated but I want to give my friends a giant hug.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Actually it had 6 gears. 

Probably the same gearbox as my GT380.  It had 6 gears, but you only used 5.  On the highway, you cruised in 5th.  6th was only for speeding.

I tested negative for covid.  Not that I was worried: I have been keeping a low profile, and I had no symptoms.  But they are encouraging frequent asymptomatic testing. 

Still, it is nice to know prior to my trip to Montreal for my consultation with Dr. Brassard this week.  It is a consultation for a possible revision of my GCS.  I'll have to quarantine for two weeks when I get home.  That's how they are keeping Nova Scotia relatively safe.

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

my trip to Montreal for my consultation with Dr. Brassard

Nice! It'll be another year or so before I can make that trip. Good luck and congratulations for Nova Scotia handling the pandemic better than the rest of Canada. Excuse me while I once again torture Kenney's voodoo doll.... ?

I'm out of coffee again. It's Earl Grey for me.

Yesterday was my wife's birthday. Her brother and his GF came over to make dinner and see what we've done with our place. We had spent most of the day cleaning our house. I didn't put any effort into my outfit and spent the day in a pair VS/PINK brand 3/4 yoga pants and a hoodie. I had fully expected to be asked to change before her brother came over but when the time came she said I looked fine and I don't need to change. Later on she opened gifts. One of the is a chicken coop. Ever since she found out we can have chickens on our property she's been obsessed with the idea. A wall worthy event.

We have a section of brick wall in our living room. There was a free standing fireplace once upon a time so I guess the wall put for fire protection. Anyways the bricks are painted white. One of our friends suggested we write a life event on each brick as the happens. We bought the house, wrote on a brick. Wife got her chicken coop, wrote it on a brick. So last night while I was up on a stool writing that she got her chicken coop she suggests that we paint the bricks different colors. "Ya know, your pride colors". Me: rainbow or pink,blue and white? Her: pink,blue and white. I almost fell off the stool.

Later we were all just hanging out, talking, drinking wine and somehow (I think my wife just threw it out there) that I'm (me) the girl in the relationship and she's the boy since she's such a tom-boy and hates dressing up and having to put on face. She does love her baseball caps.

I'm just going to, at my own risk, assume she has finally settled with idea that she married a trans-girl.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I'm out of coffee again. It's Earl Grey for me.

Yesterday was my wife's birthday. Her brother and his GF came over to make dinner and see what we've done with our place. We had spent most of the day cleaning our house. I didn't put any effort into my outfit and spent the day in a pair VS/PINK brand 3/4 yoga pants and a hoodie. I had fully expected to be asked to change before her brother came over but when the time came she said I looked fine and I don't need to change. Later on she opened gifts. One of the is a chicken coop. Ever since she found out we can have chickens on our property she's been obsessed with the idea. A wall worthy event.

We have a section of brick wall in our living room. There was a free standing fireplace once upon a time so I guess the wall put for fire protection. Anyways the bricks are painted white. One of our friends suggested we write a life event on each brick as the happens. We bought the house, wrote on a brick. Wife got her chicken coop, wrote it on a brick. So last night while I was up on a stool writing that she got her chicken coop she suggests that we paint the bricks different colors. "Ya know, your pride colors". Me: rainbow or pink,blue and white? Her: pink,blue and white. I almost fell off the stool.

Later we were all just hanging out, talking, drinking wine and somehow (I think my wife just threw it out there) that I'm (me) the girl in the relationship and she's the boy since she's such a tom-boy and hates dressing up and having to put on face. She does love her baseball caps.

I'm just going to, at my own risk, assume she has finally settled with idea that she married a trans-girl.

That's a GREAT story. Sounds like things are looking up for you. My wife is still in the grieving stage, but she is really making an effort to support me though. She calls me "Jamie" more and more often now. Small improvements are much better than no improvements.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

That could be a good thing. Here's hoping!

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

My wife is still in the grieving stage, but she is really making an effort to support me though. She calls me "Jamie" more and more often now. Small improvements are much better than no improvements.

Hooray! I'm glad to hear that there's progress! ?

Good morning. Nothing special going on for me today and that is just fine for me. It is freezing outside

and I just want to stay at home and be warm. I did try on some jeans, this time with a padded shaping

brief and the look was perfect, no more man butt. 

I did manage to go out into the freezing your butt off cold to feed the birds.

Darn birds don't seem to care about how cold it is.

So that has been the start of my day. So good, so far!!!

That's a GREAT story. Sounds like things are looking up for you. My wife is still in the grieving stage, but she is really making an effort to support me though. She calls me "Jamie" more and more often now. Small improvements are much better than no improvements.

Progress is good.

That is good news Elizabeth. I went , well, we went through some very rough territory when I first came out.

trusting in each other and taking our time as we walked through this also helped.

I would say it was a very dark place for her when I came out. I mean gosh, I just came out with this big surprise to the woman I've been married to for 24 years....well things worked out but it was not an easy road for either of us, but here we are still married, 45 years now. 21 years after I came out. All I can say is my journey didn't just include me, my wife joined in on my journey. 

• Forum Moderator

Jamie, i know it took my wife and family what seemed forever to get my name and pronouns correctly.  Give her time and appreciate any effort.  It's hard for everybody.

We are getting what may be the last flops of sap for the year and since we have a great deal of ice I'm looking forward to a long boil and a lot more maple syrup to end the season with.  It has been a funny year with a great early start followed by a long deep freeze.  Soon the remaining snow will melt and spring will come.  Yea!

Hugs,

Charlize

Wonderful news Elizabeth! The role reversal comment your wife made sounds like some my wife has made.

Delcina

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations @ElizabethStar! I'm glad your wife is onboard. Also that the wall gets to be trans-flag colors. I think our flag is pretty too.

Oddly enough, my spouse and I had the same conversation last night. I was bawling at the end of Wandavision. My wife was dry-eyed. Well, somebody had to be the girl. 

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Congratulations @ElizabethStar! I'm glad your wife is onboard. Also that the wall gets to be trans-flag colors. I think our flag is pretty too.

Oddly enough, my spouse and I had the same conversation last night. I was bawling at the end of Wandavision. My wife was dry-eyed. Well, somebody had to be the girl. 

Hugs!

Sorry, I just broke out laughing. That's awesome Jackie.

Ok, I'm inserting a new subject.

I just started shaving my arms 2 days ago. I kept looking at my arms and kept thinking that this doesn't look right, so I did something about it. My wife thinks I'm being silly. She said that most girls don't shave their arms. (This coming from someone who hasn't had any hair on her arms for over 20 years). I told her "Well, this girl does". 

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Well I got to my shop, figured I’d do a little work but someone decided she needed to be seen. So here I am at work. I bet I’ll get a lot done?

• Forum Moderator

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Nah, I've seen cis-women who do that before. usually because their hair is especially dark. I've heard it's a thing in some Eastern cultures as well because, well, sometimes we get hair where we don't want it.

Hugs!

I may not have had low T for years, but my body hair is black n thick. When it grows or I see some it sets something off in me, like ants walking over my body and it makes feel dirty and itch.  Arms are weekly, legs weekly, belly and chest is every two days (it is very sparse now though, but black). Face is daily. Eyebrows are getting easier though, as they're going white lol.