• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

13 hours ago, Willow said:

Back to piercings

I had one ear done back in 72.   Then both a couple years ago.   I keep playing with the idea of something in the nose, but am afraid it might just get in the way when things get messy.

As for this PA thing… I believe I'll pass.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, AmberM said:

some new jewelry for my appointment to get my ears pierced this Saturday. I am super excited for it. I got two sets of butterfly earrings (different stones), some horseshoe shaped, and one that I am kind disappointed based on size, but it is a fox. I am looking forward to crossing this new threshold.

Ooh! Congrats! Earrings are really fun. I got mine done back in November. Just watch out for things that might snag them! Especially while they're still healing.

Mixed bag of news.

My insurance, while willing to pay, won't even start the authorization process needed to even talk to a doctor about my facial surgery until 1 year of HRT.  The "authorization" may take up to a few months and the surgeon isn't even predicting a wait time any more because they are so busy (previously it was 4-6 months)   I am trying to fight with them since HRT doesn't do -crap- for bone structure and WPATH has no requirements around eligibility. I had hoped since my therapist recommended my eligibility that they could at least get started so I could get surgery shortly after my 1 year mark but now it's looking like I won't be able to until next summer.  They won't let me start any other surgical consults/authorizations until that surgery is completed. Given wait times, it may now take up to 3-4 years for  FFS, GRS and BA.  I went down such a deep spiral after all that that I spent the afternoon crawled up in bed crying and didn't come out until this morning.

This morning I decided to skip the insurance system for my BA and I now have a consult with a plastics guy in May to talk about the whole process. We won't decide on anything definitive regarding size until September which will be a year of HRT.  I should have most of my development done by then and he offers a guarantee for 3 years.  If you aren't happy with the size he doesn't charge for revisions except the cost of the actual implants. That way if I grow beyond what I want we can go down a size and he will do a lift if it becomes saggy as a result.  Gonna cost me $7k but I would rather that then wait years while my other procedures are in the works.

• Forum Moderator

It is sad to see that insurance companies are running our lives. As they can tell us when we can have corrective surgery to correct a lifetime defect. 

Not much going on here. My wife is kind of back to almost a pre-comming out stage. It seems like they have accepted that I am Kymbrill at work. I have worn my work shirts at home. My son even teased me about how I spelled my name on my shirts, Kym instead of Kim.

Kymmie

This next video I'm dressed how others want to see me. I took one of the big guns down for this one.

Love,

LM♥️

• Forum Moderator

Not much going on here. My wife is kind of back to almost a pre-comming out stage. It seems like they have accepted that I am Kymbrill at work. I have worn my work shirts at home. My son even teased me about how I spelled my name on my shirts, Kym instead ofKim.

@KymmieL I guess it’s the best you are going to get for a while.  At least you are able to wear your shirts, and the teasing is better than ridicule you were getting.  I hope it continues without setback.

Willow

I needed some therapy today so I went to the salon. I had to break in a new stylist, my old one departed :(  Shortened the locks by about an inch and reshaped things. I like it. I think I will keep her ;)

DFED0578-1F50-44D4-95D6-0B594C157EF4.thumb.jpeg.5b28d77b12fac019479c853d7aa884ed.jpeg

2D857FAA-3C07-41EE-9C75-101C7C239ED5.jpeg

Today turned into well, interesting. I had to get to work at my normal time since went had some storms and they were afraid the phones would be ringing off the hook. Thankfully all was quiet and I was able to leave late morning to head to the courthouse.

After some trials I found my way to the correct Clerk's office. They were insistent that fill out the paperwork there even though I already had filled out copies with me...whatever it's done, it's filed. My court date is June 24. I know it's only 2-1/2ish months away but feels like 100 years.

From there I went to get a 2nd Covid test. Got in, got out, got lunch and back to work. Surprisingly I was only gone for 3 hours.

Two and half hours later I still hadn't gotten the results from my "one hour" test so I called. I got passed around to 3 different people. The last one told my to try calling the main number. That's where I started. Frustrated I gave up. On the way home at 5:30 I finally got the results. Of course they're negative.

Getting the petition turned in was huge and I feel a renewed sense of myself. I'm feeling peaceful again.

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Getting the petition turned in was huge and I feel a renewed sense of myself. I'm feeling peaceful again.

Congrats Liz!  This reminds me that they make us jump through so many hopes and challenges but once it's finally done we feel so good.  Remind me I said this every time I freak out about roadblocks ;)

Good morning folks. It feels so good just to read all the posts. It's a positive kind of meditation where I stop judging myself for a few minutes. Judging myself for feeling sick and having no energy these days. I have allergies, but I know how to take care of them generally. However, now I think I'm having side-effects to the meds I take. Glad a birdy had me check those and I have most the list. That's an easy fix. I stopped taking it, so I hope I'll feel bette soonr. See? I just accepted the situation a bit, rather than try hard to control and fix it . . . and the answer came.

Meditation: Just sit down and shut up. That's my plan.

And GenderPulse of course.

Hugs, all.

Davie

On 4/8/2021 at 5:12 AM, AmberM said:

**sits down coffee cup**

Good Morning all, hope you had a decent evening last night. Yesterday was a great day, I put in my petition with the state to change my name, and it has been approved which means it is now a case. This feels like such a huge win already, and puts me that much closer to living as Amber full-time. Then we had to go pick up a “lost” package from the Postal Service, which had some new jewelry for my appointment to get my ears pierced this Saturday. I am super excited for it. I got two sets of butterfly earrings (different stones), some horseshoe shaped, and one that I am kind disappointed based on size, but it is a fox. I am looking forward to crossing this new threshold.

**sips coffee**

I am still kind of nervous for tomorrow, when I come out to HR. I am not looking forward to it because it is being honest and open to a new person, and I am also still not sure what I am expecting out of the meeting, which I think is the worst part. I don’t want to set the bar for success to be super high and just get squashed, but I don’t want to have a meeting of just coming out and nothing really happening. I appreciate all the people who have already given their input. It just still is something on my mind, which is the only reason I share it in my morning update.

**sips coffee**

I hope everybody has a good day, and if that is too much, I hope you have a manageable day. I appreciate everybody in the community.

That's great! I just got my application acceptance for name change and motion to waive publication yesterday. It was real quick. Today, hopefully I can co to clerks office to file for court date. (The person who handles that was off yesterday). 

Hope it goes well for you.

Jamie

11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Getting the petition turned in was huge and I feel a renewed sense of myself

That is an amazing feeling, isn't it? I am so happy for you that you were still able to get the petition turned in and they actually scheduled you for a court date. I haven't seen a court date for mine yet, if I don't see one in a couple of days I may reach out directly to see when they think it will be.

Today is the day, I am coming out to HR at least and I am starting to feel the slow ratchet of anxiety build up this morning. I am thinking it will go well, though my brain says otherwise at times. I am ready to come out and start being Amber, who will be happier than {deadname} was because I am not wearing a false disguise that I have to keep up.

11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Today turned into well, interesting. I had to get to work at my normal time since went had some storms and they were afraid the phones would be ringing off the hook. Thankfully all was quiet and I was able to leave late morning to head to the courthouse.

After some trials I found my way to the correct Clerk's office. They were insistent that fill out the paperwork there even though I already had filled out copies with me...whatever it's done, it's filed. My court date is June 24. I know it's only 2-1/2ish months away but feels like 100 years.

From there I went to get a 2nd Covid test. Got in, got out, got lunch and back to work. Surprisingly I was only gone for 3 hours.

Two and half hours later I still hadn't gotten the results from my "one hour" test so I called. I got passed around to 3 different people. The last one told my to try calling the main number. That's where I started. Frustrated I gave up. On the way home at 5:30 I finally got the results. Of course they're negative.

Yay! You got a court date. Here in Livingston County, they make you e-File your application. Cost $321.02. 

Did you file for motion to waive publication? That part was free to add on to my case. You can do it any time before court.

I live in a town that isn't friendly towards trans people. My wife was afraid of discrimination.

Jamie

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie You sound great and I love your style!  I understand about how others want to see you but hopefully that will change in due time.  Have a fabulous day!  

@Bri2020 Your new hair style looks great and will be good for driving around in your convertible! 

2 hours ago, Jani said:

@Bri2020 Your new hair style looks great and will be good for driving around in your convertible! 

I like the cut but I will style it to come forward a bit over my forehead so that it masks my more masculine forehead structure and hairline. Can't wait for that to get corrected.

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Yay! You got a court date. Here in Livingston County, they make you e-File your application. Cost $321.02. 

Did you file for motion to waive publication? That part was free to add on to my case. You can do it any time before court.

I live in a town that isn't friendly towards trans people. My wife was afraid of discrimination.

Jamie

I got a court date of June 4th. Yay!

So the meeting with HR has come and gone. I think it went pretty well. I basically told them that I am transgender and that I am working on socially transition and the next step was work. We chatted a bit about where I am at, what my goals were, and she was going to investigate a few things, like what some other policies and procedures that may exist from other trailblazers. We talked about my plan to come out with my boss and then some of upper management depending on how it goes with my boss and what his thoughts are as he knows his boss better than I do. Our next touchpoint/check-in is going to be on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens from here.

There is some relief to the anxiety, but it isn't a complete fix though to be honest. That was the easier transaction versus coming out to my boss. Then talking to my team, then the rest of the department. So yeah, lots of work still, but I can breathe I guess that at least something has moved somewhat.

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

got a court date of June 4th. Yay!

That is awesome Jamie, congrats! That is super exciting.

Way to go @AmberM, that took a lot of courage.  I suspect once you talk to your boss, the rest will be much easier.  I certainly found that the more people that knew the easier coming out to the next person/group  was.

****WARNING****WARNING****

Never heat up a pizza in a skillet and leave it unattended. 

Yep, I did this last night.

Pizza.jpg

This is what we do when we get a few miles on us.

It's a trip.  I'm getting old, but HRT makes me feel like a teenager most of the time.