• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning everyone.

I didn't do much yesterday except watch TV and play on my computer. I did manage to print-up what I hope will be the last version of my rc truck chassis. Since I used a higher resolution  it took 34-1/2 hours to print. Due to it's short wheelbase I was planning on putting a jeep body on it. I had already made one about 5 years ago but found out someone else created one. Yes, theirs is for a different project and was published almost a year after i designed mine but I never published it and don't want to risk being accused of plagiarism. So I'm going a different route. I have to consider what can my dogs get a hold of on it when we play with it. They chase it, I drive, they tackle it, I walk across the yard and flip it back on it's wheels, repeat. Playing with the kids has been the whole reason behind this project.

I also stumbled across my cloth measuring tape. As I suspected, I grew a whole inch. ♥️ Guessing the boob-fairy missed someones house and stopped at mine twice. To be honest, aside from needing to up-size my bra, it doesn't look like it from my perspective.  The numbers say I should be wearing a D-cup at this point but there's still absolutely no way I could fill one.

My wife spent all weekend sick in bed, hugging a bucket. I'm thinking she got a hold of some slightly out dated lunch meat in the fridge. We fought forever about the value of expiration dates. Adding to list of thing to do. I have to make sure there is never-ever anything anything questionable for her to get at. It's not how I wanted to win the argument. But who knows maybe I can get her to start eating better. I'd love for her to eat better. Since I'm lactose intolerant and lost my taste for meat I've gone almost vegan with my diet. What's left? Eggs? I never really liked the taste of fried eggs and there are so many ways to substituent for them while cooking and baking.

Hopefully we get our new fence this week. Freaking 5k for a fence. At lease this guy's quote was accurate. We had a "big" company come by for an estimate. They quoted almost 8k but it was for 165 feet when the run is 260. Jerks, shorting the quote. I think they did it just to get their foot in the door. Eventually we'll have the whole yard surrounded. We're going with chain-link and the wife wants me to put slats in it for privacy. When she said she wanted them black I fell in love with her all over again. She even gave me the OK to make designs in them. Although she did say no to crosses and goat heads. OK, I'll think of something else.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

This. Also back in the day we didn't really have the language to express what was going on. I mean, everybody wants to be a girl right? Have you SEEN girls? Without cultural awareness to nudge us along, we're just unhappy people who don't really know why.

I can't imagine why anyone would NOT want to be a girl.

Good Morning everybody.

@Elizabeth Star I have also put some debate into switching to pescatarian or even vegetarian to see if it would improve my health. I don’t think I could give up cheese and milkshakes, so I don’t think I could go vegan to be honest. Maybe I’ll try it once we clean out our freeze or what food we do have and see if I feel better and lose some of the weight that I want to.

Yesterday was really slow. I mostly was online on discord since the wife had to work. I did end up finding the paints and tried my hand at painting again, but I am not very satisfied with it and trying to figure out what I want to do with it at this point. Debating chucking it, but part of me says I can do something to make it cool. I have grandiose ideas, with a lack of skill to implement them.

This week at some point I get to come out to my boss’s boss, to get her support in general. Not much going on this week besides this. Hope everybody has a great day!

• Forum Moderator

I'm accidentally vegan, so it's possible to slip into a vegan diet without realizing it. It basically came down to. "Hey, all my supplements are vegan and that's all I eat anymore."

I'm not very strict though. I'll happily tear into anything that doesn't try to get away fast enough on the weekends. Of course my body is nuts. I check what I'm burning every morning. If I eat healthy, it's always, "Carbs." Yesterday I had fried chicken, potato salad and chocolate cream pie for lunch, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup for dinner and chased it down with a bowl of ice cream. This morning I'm burning "Fat."

I was down another ten pounds when I checked this week though so something must be working.

Hugs!

Mmmm cheeeese. It's my kryptonite. Thankfully there are some pretty good dairy-free options.

• Forum Moderator

I went vegan about 25 years ago.  At the time, I competed every year in a cross-country ski marathon.  I'd been trying for years to get my time under four hours.  The year I went vegan, I dropped half an hour off my time and made it.

I'll be doing more deck construction today.

• Forum Moderator

When I was young I was very envious of boobs.  They really got to me  when I was a little older it was they get to choose boys don’t (not entirely true but that’s how I saw it). Then later I fell in love with the pregnant female form.  

You say who wouldn’t want to be female, well, I can think of lots of people who would rather be male.  Let’s start with trans men.  Just because we are nearly all trans women, let’s not forget them.  Then there are women who had a rough time with Mother Nature they can’t imagine why anyone would want to go through that.  And last but not least, long hair.  Granted these days that’s not as strictly feminine as it was, but it is hotter and requires more care.

You and I and the rest of the girls here really wanted to be born girls.  But as my mother always said, “if wishes were horses, beggars would ride”. You got to understand, when my parents were born, autos weren’t that common.

Willow

"If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers"

Having been married for over 40yrs, and having 6 grown daughters, I have no illusions that girls have it easier.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I can't imagine why anyone would NOT want to be a girl.

Why would anyone want to be a girl. It's not the feeling deep in your soul. A feeling you cannot explain. Something that just feels right to be.

Nope that's not it.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Not to sound like a downer but this idea of "wanting to be a girl" can be short sighted and lead to issues that maybe some see in their situations.  The term Girl assumes a young female.  Wouldn't our aspirations be better described as wanting to live as female, or as a woman?  The vast majority of us here are not teens, so Girl would not apply, and could be construed as being unhealthy.  I think (IMO) that in saying I'm transgender is saying I have always been the opposite gender than what others have seen in me.  It may be semantics but I never wanted to "be", but wanted to be "seen as" and "live my life as" a female, a woman.  Changing your language can change your perspective, and possibly help you move forward.  

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

Good advice Jani - I'm still trying to look at things that way - thanks for the reminder....

• Forum Moderator

ALL HALE THE WISE JANI. Yes, you are totally correct. I want to be seen as a female, my true gender.

I think that my oldest son still upset with me. Today he turns 33. I sent him a text, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big boy I love you"  I just got back a what seems like a generic "thank you"

I know I need to talk to him. Discuss what is happening with me and the family. I could initiate the call. but I believe that he should be the one to call. I do believe that he wants to. He has asked my wife what my hours are. I'm just waiting.

Kymmie

4 hours ago, Jani said:

Wouldn't our aspirations be better described as wanting to live as female, or as a woman?

True enough.  I'm probably as guilty as anyone in using the term "girl" casually, as in "the girls".

At my age, it is more accurate to say I am living as a woman, then as a girl.

• Forum Moderator

To be fair, when the topic came up I was describing how I felt when I was short, but good point. We're women now.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Four years ago today, I told the world who I am, both in person and on Facebook.  It has been the best four years of my life.  The freedom not to hide who I am removed most of the stress from my life.

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Four years ago today, I told the world who I am, both in person and on Facebook

Wow, congrats on a great anniversary Kathy!

Starting my morning, still kind of tired. Yesterday I got assigned at work to write an internal white paper about why we are going to use a specific tech stack, was kind of surprised I was chosen to do it, but I'll take the vote of confidence. Also had a good session with my therapist. We realized in talking I do get angry, it just isn't what I am used to calling anger, it is more of the slow burn anger versus red hot burn the house down type of anger. I thought that was interesting, but I didn't know how to recognize it because I was told that anger is an invalid or bad emotion for so long.

• Forum Moderator

Dear @KathyLauren I am glad you took that step four years ago!  You are beautiful and I can tell you are much happier.  Congratulations on finding you.

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator
On 4/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, Jandi said:

My ex was kinda jealous (?) possessive (?).  She accused me of having affairs on occasion (I never did) and even with guys.  Apparently, a few gay guys had tried to hit on me, but I've always been pretty clueless when it comes to those things.  To be honest, I did experiment once (before I knew her) and was not impressed with it.

Looking back, I was probably never not trans - even though I would never had admitted it to myself.  I sometimes wonder if I was giving off fem vibes that were interpreted in that manner, if that make any sense.  It gets even more complicated, but I'll not get into that now.

Anyhow, I recently had a guy try to pick me up at the grocery store.  (I present fem 24/7)  It pretty much shocked me since I'm old and ugly.  He was kinda persistent, but I'm not stupid.  But later, and still, I think about it, and wonder what if?   Probably TMI.

Jandi, This is my life in a nut shell. I'm several years behind you, but this is exactly how I have come to see myself. @Jani is correct in pointing out that most of us are not girls, but women, and in my case an older woman. My Suzie is still coming around slowly to the fact that I'm transgender and we can openly talk about how this affects our relationship, and our different feelings. This June 26th, we will be married for 45 years, now she understands that my many girl friends, were just that GIRL friends. Nothing More. I'm not looking to be with anyone but my Suzie, and have to always remind her of that. It's human nature to want to be desired, in my opinion. Relationships die or fail when the people in them stop pursuing each other. It's the hunt, not the kill. It's about the fishing not just the landing of a trophy mount. My joy in gardening is the gardening, not just the harvest or cut flowers.

Good morning everyone, the coffee:coffee: was HOT, black, strong, and never bitter.

Hugs,

Mindy???

7 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Four years ago today, I told the world who I am, both in person and on Facebook.  It has been the best four years of my life.  The freedom not to hide who I am removed most of the stress from my life.

Happy Coming out anniversary!!!!!. Today is my 9 months!