• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations @Bri2020.  I know its a big step but it looks like you've got a well established and booming business.  All my best to you and your team. 

Yes, @Linda Marie Beat it!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Bri, congrats on finally owning your building. I bet it feels great.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 This is big! Congrats on such an accomplishment!

@Willow Congrats to you on #49. That is incredible!

I am looking forward to a ‘sort of’ big day this upcoming Sunday. My wife Frances and I are attending a huge birthday party up North for our  grandson’s 10th birthday. I have not seen any of my son-in-law’s family since pre-transition. They all know I’ve switched sides but they’ve never seen even a picture of me as Susan (that I’m aware of). For whatever reason, they have not been at my daughter’s home when we would come to visit over these last 3 years which is odd since we’d constantly run into them there every few months prior to my transition. We’ve always had a great relationship with my daughter’s in-laws and used to celebrate many holidays together over the years. So while I’m looking forward to meeting them as my new self, I’m slightly hesitant due to the long absence of them in our lives. I am hoping it turns out to be a fun time for us all.

Susan R?

@Susan R That sounds like a big deal to me. I hope things go well for the first time interacting with them.

Well I have taken the big plunge and Facebook has been updated, with a long post about that yes I have transitioned and that if you aren't okay with it leave, otherwise welcome to the world of Amber. All in all, it went really well, I think I only lost a couple of people who showed themselves out politely. I think it is a huge step forward. The next big step is still in motion, the legal name change. I feel relieved as I already checked my work email and it is already set to the new login and the proper name is appearing on send and the signature itself. It's amazing how good this feels.

• Forum Moderator
20 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I am so happy to no longer be paying $50k a year in rent but instead paying myself and gaining equity.  It's been a stressful process but that hurdle is behind us.

Congratulations Bri, it is such a relief when you know the brick and mortar retaile space is yours to build equity and higher resale potential.

Best wishes 

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Hi, it’s a nice Saturday.  We have been doing yard work.  Raking pine needles, pulling weeds bagging them up and made a run to the recycle center.  Actually, we had a lot more than just yard waste.  Four stops  I had a full trailer.  My trailer is 3/4 ton capacity and although I didn’t have the weight, it was full over the sides.  That trailer has come In very handy over the years.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

A pleasant surprise today. So my youngest comes into the store to get a couple things. We talk a little(what we do normally) He checks out by one of the other guys. They joke that should have put it on my store charge account. Then my son points at me and says. "Don't know, she wouldn't like it."

I am like, did I actually hear that come from my sons mouth, "She"

I was blown away.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

That is a cool response @KymmieL You are She in his eyes.

Make the best of it.

Hugs, 

Mindy???

@KymmieL That is awesome that your son used the correct pronouns.

Yesterday was COVID shot day, didn't feel anything too much yesterday, but today it feels like I was hit by a truck. Also had some weird/random dreams, probably unrelated, just kept waking me up as well. Today not much going on, I do have to do some laundry as I am staying at my dad's for a week to watch their dog while they are on vacation, so I need to figure out what I plan on wearing for the week to make sure it gets washed.

Hope everybody has a good day :)

18 hours ago, KymmieL said:

A pleasant surprise today. So my youngest comes into the store to get a couple things. We talk a little(what we do normally) He checks out by one of the other guys. They joke that should have put it on my store charge account. Then my son points at me and says. "Don't know, she wouldn't like it."

I was blown away.

Kymmie

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I was blown away.

Kymmie

AWESOME !!!!

I've been out of touch for a few days, was camping with some family.  Had a pretty good time and got to watch the granddaughters being silly.

My family seems pretty accepting.  I don't know what they say behind my back though LOL.

A couple days before I left, my ex came by in the middle of the night.  She woke me up banging on the door.  She'd been fighting with her boy friend.  She asked if she could borrow my trailer to move the rest of her stuff back to her place.  I guess she just wanted to talk.  They did patch things up the next day.  

The next door neighbor came over wondering what had happened last night.  She said her dog had been going nuts.

Guess if I don't have any drama of my own some will be provided.

Life goes on.

Had a birthday the other day, all the gifts were the same kind of things I'd get when i was in the closet, so I was having a little sad about that (kind of anticipated it since I didn't get any of those 'what do you really want?' questions that came around before Christmas).

Mrs is still in mourning for her male spouse, even as she is somewhat supportive of what I need to do, so I've been not appearing all that different, other than long hair and whatever physical changes HRT is providing, a women's top on once in a while, but nothing too 'girly'. 

But Mrs said there'd be one more, a surprise 'experience'. So yesterday when the time came I was told to put on sandals (so you can probably guess what's coming as I did). I didn't guess that we'd be picking up her best friend (who has been told of my transitioning) on the way to the nail place. So it was us three, me in my everyday guy mode, getting my first professional pedicure. Picked a metallic gray color that had a hint of pink. 

This was prompted by an earlier discussion when I asked for help dealing with the calluses that have built up for a while, so they attacked them with the cheese grater-looking tool. Only one of us got a manicure, not me. 

Then out for lunch and drinks, first table service meal for us since one weekend last October when we ate outside twice. 

Never really all that into the nail aspect, and I've always said I have whatever you'd call the opposite of a foot fetish, but must say I do enjoy looking at the toenails a little, not just for how they look but also the gesture of acceptance (or resignation?) involved. 

But now wondering if I just ask 'how do I get my eyebrows thinner' or 'is there any way to get thicker lashes' if that will prompt more supportive moments or would be pushing my luck. 

Hi @RhondaS. That sounds great! It might have been resignation if you had gone to the nail place on your own and returned home with an unexpected nail work. But it was a surprise for you, so I'd interpret that as acceptance. About the eyebrows and lashes, use your best judgement :)

• Forum Moderator

Morning a balmy 37 degrees out. my Wednesday. first closing shift of my week. The work on the wagon is progressing. Just hope I get it back in time to get the cruise control put in.

For some reason my wife is turning religious. She has had a higher power. But lately things have been showing up at home. She has put a fancy cross patch on both her riding vest and car jacket. an angel has taken up residence on a shelf. as has a cross. and a let go let god decal is on our front screen door.  I wonder if this is because of me being trans?  I know that she has a couple religious friends. One she has talked to about my preferred gender. I know she has gotten the against the bible speech. Is she just humoring me by her "accepting" me as she does.

I plan on asking her about it on our trip. If she gives me the old let me out. I will pull over and leave her, if it comes to that I will consider it as a I don't want to be with you sign.

Anyway, everyone have a great day.

Hugs,

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Morning a balmy 37 degrees out. my Wednesday. first closing shift of my week. The work on the wagon is progressing. Just hope I get it back in time to get the cruise control put in.

For some reason my wife is turning religious. She has had a higher power. But lately things have been showing up at home. She has put a fancy cross patch on both her riding vest and car jacket. an angel has taken up residence on a shelf. as has a cross. and a let go let god decal is on our front screen door.  I wonder if this is because of me being trans?  I know that she has a couple religious friends. One she has talked to about my preferred gender. I know she has gotten the against the bible speech. Is she just humoring me by her "accepting" me as she does.

I plan on asking her about it on our trip. If she gives me the old let me out. I will pull over and leave her, if it comes to that I will consider it as a I don't want to be with you sign.

Anyway, everyone have a great day.

Hugs,

Kymmie

She may be getting some support from a pastor or church group without telling you.  It's possible she is revisiting her spirituality because of it. Not all "religious" people are anti trans so it may be just that while looking for support with all the challenges your transition has created (and don't lie to yourself- it is very stressful on spouses) she found a sense of community and support through church/religion that she needed.  Having a non-confrontational discussion about it would be appropriate in any relationship.  She may be testing the waters with you by putting up the symbols to see if you would object.  Although given what I know about your two's history; I suspect it's a passive aggressive way to draw you into an argument/confrontation about you not accepting her choices so don't bite.

Hi RondaS. Eyebrows and lashes. Lashes just need mascara, but the brows, omg.

Start by trimming them with a pair of sharp scissors, then start plucking them to fit the look you're after.

I did my brows a little at a time until I was happy with them. I guess it was over a period 6-7 months until I got my brows

just the way I like them. Finding the right color eyebrow pencil is another trial by error.

Also use a foundation and powder that matches your skin tone.

Eye liner is another battle to over come. Anyway this is my make-up kit.

Have fun playing with your make-up. 

I start with the brow pencil, then smudge it to blend in, then the eye liner, next the eye shadow, and smudge it with your finger.

then the mascara, don't smudge that!!!! Next the foundation. Now the powder, use the brush after you apply the powder to set it and blend it into your skin. I also brush my eyebrows with my make-up brush. Then the blush and again use the make-up brush to blend it in also, then the lip stick. That is my routine. 

Hope this helps.

LM♥️

Today44.jpg

Today44C.jpg

6 hours ago, RhondaS said:

But now wondering if I just ask 'how do I get my eyebrows thinner' or 'is there any way to get thicker lashes' if that will prompt more supportive moments or would be pushing my luck. 

If you are looking for ways to engage her than yes, a simple, "honey, I hate my brows and have no idea how to deal with them. Do you have any advice?"

Adding-- your brows/lashes are amazing", before asking helps ;) 

We all love a little flattery.

If you just want help with brows, you hair stylist usually knows or does "shaping" 

I hate plucking so I use a rotary "trimmer" kinda like a nose hair trimmer after I cut the overall length using a hair/beard trimmer with a #3 attachment. You have dark enough and full enough brows to probably not need tinting/brow pencil. My white/red need it to make them pop

7 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Had a birthday the other day, all the gifts were the same kind of things I'd get when i was in the closet, so I was having a little sad about that (kind of anticipated it since I didn't get any of those 'what do you really want?' questions that came around before Christmas).

Mrs is still in mourning for her male spouse, even as she is somewhat supportive of what I need to do, so I've been not appearing all that different, other than long hair and whatever physical changes HRT is providing, a women's top on once in a while, but nothing too 'girly'. 

But Mrs said there'd be one more, a surprise 'experience'. So yesterday when the time came I was told to put on sandals (so you can probably guess what's coming as I did). I didn't guess that we'd be picking up her best friend (who has been told of my transitioning) on the way to the nail place. So it was us three, me in my everyday guy mode, getting my first professional pedicure. Picked a metallic gray color that had a hint of pink. 

This was prompted by an earlier discussion when I asked for help dealing with the calluses that have built up for a while, so they attacked them with the cheese grater-looking tool. Only one of us got a manicure, not me. 

Then out for lunch and drinks, first table service meal for us since one weekend last October when we ate outside twice. 

Never really all that into the nail aspect, and I've always said I have whatever you'd call the opposite of a foot fetish, but must say I do enjoy looking at the toenails a little, not just for how they look but also the gesture of acceptance (or resignation?) involved. 

I love doing my toe nails.

Today44E.jpg

Thought I'd do another video. My arthritis limits the use of my hands so please bare with me.

Gosh if coming out wasn't bad enough on me and my family now my body is going to the pits.

Anyway I do hope you all enjoy this tune.

Love,

LM♥️  

Hi kids, me again. I thought I'd do another video, yes another one?lol.

This next song was a rough one to learn, especially the lead solo, I don't do the solo in the video, keeping things short and to the point. (the solo is quite simple once learned, in the pentatonic A minor scale) 

Hope you Led heads enjoy,

LM♥️