• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Well, I thought I'd send another video, I do try to narrate the openings with some kind of reference to the life we live.

I don't get out much anymore do to an accident I had back in 2017, it was a bad one, I wasn't expected to live, but I did.

Crushed my chest and lungs, broke 7 ribs, broke my back in two places, and gosh, even broke 2 toes. Anyway I survived and now here I am. Back in 1984 I also had a motor cycle accident and broke 5 ribs, crushed a lung and bruised my heart in that one. Still I lived. 

Love,

LM♥️

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coffee's been drunk a long time ago.  Been one of those days that starts one way, and then takes another tack.

Yesterday my daughter called to ask if I could do granddaughter duty.  Seems she was a little sick, but the school didn't want her there till she had a covid test.  And my daughter wasn't sure if she could go in or had to quarantine. (she's a teacher)  She lives about an hour away, but hey, it's not like I have a lot to do anyway.  So I asked my neighbor to feed my kitty, and was getting ready to go in the morning.

Today she called and said that the test had come back earlier than expected and was negative.  I had spent much of the morning trying to select my wardrobe (which never had been an issue as a guy LOL) but that was cool.  I'll just stay home.

Yesterday evening I discovered that my outside spigot was leaking, but would be okay till I got back.  But since I'm home now, I'll fix it.  Went to the home improvement store for some washers, and changed it out.  No leak… till I cut it on and off again.  Bad words were said.  So, back to the home improvement store for a new spigot.  Well that seems to be working.

They remembered me at the home improvement store and asked about it.  She wasn't the clerk I'd been to the first time.  Seems that I kinda stand out around here more than I want to realize.  Fortunately, it hasn't been a problem yet, but sometimes I wonder.  I just try to live like a normal (transgender) person.

Guess it's time to go check the mail.

3 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Well, I thought I'd send another video, I do try to narrate the openings with some kind of reference to the life we live.

I don't get out much anymore do to an accident I had back in 2017, it was a bad one, I wasn't expected to live, but I did.

Crushed my chest and lungs, broke 7 ribs, broke my back in two places, and gosh, even broke 2 toes. Anyway I survived and now here I am. Back in 1984 I also had a motor cycle accident and broke 5 ribs, crushed a lung and bruised my heart in that one. Still I lived. 

Love,

LM♥️

Love this ❤! Just turned a new page today.  I got my new driver's license with name and gender updated.  I can't wait for your next video.  Have a great day

13 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Nice! Congrats.

Plus she looked at my records,10 years there and I am a people person.This co worker is not a people person at all

I have been posting music videos of my guitars, and Mable (my sax) just sits there weeping when do you play me?

I am still just a beginner on the sax (5years). I've learned the scales and learned one song on it then the accident. 

Still before the accident I was doing pretty good with it. I really love the sax. 

She is very temperamental, meaning I will have to clean her up, boil the mouth piece and change the reed, a little polishing up,

tune it back up and make a fool of my sax playing here. I look forward to it and so does Mable. She is getting lonely just sitting there. 

LM♥️

Today48B.jpg

Found a new hair salon to get my hair done on Monday.Last one retired on me and had to look for another one.Took me a second try and the owner said how about Thursday at 9:00 AM,it works for me saying yes.Did see there was something about me and kindly asked me if I was transgender telling her yes,said I am welcomed in her hair salon treating transgender women the same.First one told me to leave and I wasn't too happy about it at all.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kimber M said:

First one told me to leave and I wasn't too happy about it at all.

I’m so sorry you had to go though that BS, Kimber. It’s something many of us experience. I have been treated badly in the past as well.

Earlier in my transition, I was treated very differently at my nail salon. My cis g/f and I went for the same gel french tips. When she was rung up she was charged $37. Then five minutes later I was charged $53 and our nails were identical. I was going to make a big scene about the discrepancy but the place was packed and I just wasn’t in the mood. Besides, I have much better things to do with my time. I just never went there again. Before Covid I spent a fortune on my nails…their loss.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Well the wagon wasn't finished. So, we are driving our new Ranger to Bowling Green.  Currently staying the night in Kearney, NE. I'm a little bummed about it. but gives us a chance to get the wagon more complete.

Kymmie

6 hours ago, Susan R said:

I’m so sorry you had to go though that BS, Kimber. It’s something many of us experience. I have been treated badly in the past as well.

Earlier in my transition, I was treated very differently at my nail salon. My cis g/f and I went for the same gel french tips. When she was rung up she was charged $37. Then five minutes later I was charged $53 and our nails were identical. I was going to make a big scene about the discrepancy but the place was packed and I just wasn’t in the mood. Besides, I have much better things to do with my time. I just never went there again. Before Covid I spent a fortune on my nails…their loss.

Susan R?

I walked out not making a scene,know better not to.

1 hour ago, Kimber M said:

I walked out not making a scene,know better not to.

You all are better women than me, I would have made a serious scene, and called them out on social media.

Good morning all!  Woke up at 5:15 and grabbed a coffee to go and watch the sunrise this morning. I'm spending this week with about 9 women on a "beach retreat" which has been a wonderful experience.  My wife organizes these every year and this is the first year I "qualified" to come. I didn't really know most of the women but it has been so much fun getting to know them and having a blast with them over meals and happy hours.  I'm so happy I discovered who I am and started the transition journey. I never felt right on men's outings or get aways. I found my tribe! 

C92D8C9D-5A80-43A3-A68A-ED187D10B776_1_201_a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Good morning all!  Woke up at 5:15 and grabbed a coffee to go and watch the sunrise this morning. I'm spending this week with about 9 women on a "beach retreat" which has been a wonderful experience.  My wife organizes these every year and this is the first year I "qualified" to come. I didn't really know most of the women but it has been so much fun getting to know them and having a blast with them over meals and happy hours.  I'm so happy I discovered who I am and started the transition journey. I never felt right on men's outings or get aways. I found my tribe! 

I’m so happy for you. I tried so hard to fit in with the boys but it never felt right. I having to unlearn some things that I taught myself to seem more “manly” ?. I’d show you a pic of the morning here but the snow would depress you.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Beautiful pic, glad you found a good group. Rainy overcast day here.  Going to hit the gym for stretching session and work on the job hunt.  Hope everyone has a great day

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I never felt right on men's outings or get aways.

These were awkward.   This was one thing that caused me to take a peek into my closet.  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

busy day today lots of errands.  And the idiots around here are afraid of a gas shortage so they are creating one.

@Linda Marie I can’t remember the title of the song or even enough to figure it out but there is one from the 60s or 70s with a lyric “gently weeping” maybe your sax want you to play that on her.  Moody Blues maybe?

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie  I was wondering if the sax had fallen victim to your accident.  You had mentioned a lung injury and I thought that would make it difficult to play.  I do enjoy your playing for us. 

Oh that sax. It is good for lung exercise, The problem was standing up with it. I couldn't even stand up and play my guitars for more than 5 minutes at a time. Also blowing into the sax I would almost faint trying to learn to blow into it after the accident.

I was on light duty at work for over 2 years until I retired. I'm doing a lot better, wearing high heels again actually helped my back. Wearing flats I can still only stand for a limited time and have to sit. Not sure why, maybe the high heels help align my back.

When I started playing guitars again I thought I would have to sell my Les Paul because it is so heavy but I kept it and played it anyway and that helped also, so I figured why not tackle the sax again. There is still lip stick on the mouth piece from before the accident so I really need to clean it up before I practice on it again.

I also had to buy a riding lawn mower just to mow my lawn, had to hire people to do the weed trimming but now I'm able to do some of that again. So life for me is on the mends now, time to get busy again. 

Love to all,

LM♥️ 

Poor Mable thought I abandoned her. She thought I was taking her apart for scrap metal until she hit the sink.

I swear I thought I heard her say....Oh momma Linda, I knew you would come back, I knew you still loved me.

20210512_132734.jpg

20210512_132738.jpg

20210512_132844.jpg

20210512_132847.jpg

20210512_133523.jpg

Well here I go again, no not a White Snake song, LOL. I am how ever surprised I did this video in one take. Normally I have to do 4 or 5 before posting. The Fender Telecaster I'm playing my wife bought me years ago. I rebuilt it did all the work and wiring.

I named it Lola, after the Kinks song. I think most here know that song. I'm doing a Beatles tune in this one.

I hope you all enjoy.

Love,

LM♥️

So Mable on the table is all cleaned up waiting to be put back together, she finally got back together and resting in her chair next to her friends with fresh lipstick on her reed, LOL.

I tried the simple scales on her and had a rude awakening, I got a lot of practice ahead of me. It was hard. Almost like everything I learned on her was lost after the accident. But being me, I won't give up, she won't let me give up?

Love, 

LM♥️

Mable on the table.jpg

Mable back in chair.jpg

11 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Well here I go again, no not a White Snake song, LOL. I am how ever surprised I did this video in one take. Normally I have to do 4 or 5 before posting. The Fender Telecaster I'm playing my wife bought me years ago. I rebuilt it did all the work and wiring.

I named it Lola, after the Kinks song. I think most here know that song. I'm doing a Beatles tune in this one.

I hope you all enjoy.

Love,

LM♥️

Wow, I always love a good electric guitar tune, and that was fantastic. Thanks for posting! Also a big sax fan, so looking forward to anything you may choose to share with that :)

Good morning, Y'all.

Up too early again, but I'm doing OK, even though I feel stressed from this whole past year of mine. I know it's important to see what are the real problems separate from the anxieties I've learned to carry. I've never felt so emotional about everything . . . and I swear I haven't touched a drop of HRT! Don't tell me this is how it is for women all the time. Is it? Perhaps, but if it is, my sympathies for women have grown up a bit. And if that's true I need to learn more sympathy for myself. And this has all caused me some depression which I'm working on every day, one step at a time. Lately, also adding caffeine which I haven't used in years due to sleeplessness. It does help with my tiredness and lethargy.

So here's a toast to change and the courage to face it:

Cheers!

-- Davie

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Davie said:

I've never felt so emotional about everything

Without being able to experience your emotions directly, I couldn't say. I know my emotions have more depth and nuance than they used to.

3 hours ago, Davie said:

Lately, also adding caffeine which I haven't used in years due to sleeplessness. It does help with my tiredness and lethargy.

Peppermint tea also works to perk you up. Well, peppermint in general. Trick I learned from a high school principal during jury duty. It also doesn't blow up my blood pressure like caffeine does.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

January in May.  That’s how our local weather forecaster put it. Wind chill still in the 40s which is normal for January here.

So we met with a nurse from our health insurance company yesterday.  When she was going over my meds I told her about my Trans story.  No way she didn’t know I was trans since I was all done up.  Anyway complemented me for being brave to live my life as I wanted or needed.

did various exams including muscle tone, heart lungs blood pressure all the normal stuff.  Brain and memory she said I know that’s good you are obviously the memory bank for your family.  Another complement.  When we were done she says to me, I have nothing to suggest to you.  You look, act and are as healthy as someone 20 years younger.  Yet another complement.

Another friend was talking about communication with animals the other day.  As a diver, I find it amazing when ocean mammals seek human divers to help them.  Even taking a diver to another that has gotten into a situation where they would die with out quick help.

As for me personally, my dog and I have developed our own language.  She understands me and I understand her.  Yesterday while the nurse practitioner was her she behaved fantastic.  Normally she is all over visitors.  Wanting attention and showing affection.  With verbal commands she didn’t do that (she would usually ignore us when she is excited) and we told her to “go to her house” and she did.  When she was a puppy she had a crate.  We called it her house, implying her safe place.  She would go there any time told or just because.  Now, her house is a corner with her bed, food and water.  Nothing to keep her there but she stayed until released.  

point is we call animals dumb, but if we take the time to learn to communicate with them, they really aren’t dumb.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Very good news @Willow.  You are right about the animals we share life with.