• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Well my son did not join us. saying that my granddaughter was still asleep and he just got up. Really wasn't expecting him to show. but I did offer the olive branch.

The trip was fantastic. The show was great I felt like a giddy school girl. Great seeing all the cars. However disappointed that I didn't meet some people I wanted to. and see some of the iconic cars. Had fun otherwise. The weather was great. Wound up driving our new Ranger. the wagon still wasn't ready. I wound up blowing out both brand new shocks.

I think my wife believes if I get more into working on the car(s) I would go back to being the male me.

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I think my wife believes if I get more into working on the car(s) I would go back to being the male me.

Well that's just silly.

Also, girls who can work on cars are sexy as heck. Maybe she just feels the same way I do on the subject. Grease-spattered girl working in her overalls... yum!

Hugs!

Brother down for first time in a while, got the chance to come out to him in person. Went well, apparently when you get to our age and someone says that they have something to tell you they think illness, bad illness, so when it's just 'I'm trans" it's a big relief!

1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

they think illness, bad illness, so when it's just 'I'm trans" it's a big relief!

That's happened to me a lot. It helps with first reactions.

19 hours ago, Danni B. said:

I finished my race today 13.1 miles 2:43:52.

Wow. Congrats. I admire runners. I'm a swimmer (was, actually, dysphoria and being in the middle of nowhere has me out freaking out about going to the pool), and my endurance on dirt is nil.

I have been working out lately, though, and one month on T and 10 min daily planks have my abs showing up. I'm a happy guy.

Good morning, folks. I got a new cup, a cup for tea, which I'm adding to my diet to give my life a little perk. I've experimented this past week and it doesn't seem to hurt my sleep at all.

So I treat myself to having a cup I really like:

Hand made. Love it . . . and all you girls, too.

--Davie

IMG_0566.jpg.0d653b7bfa98688611836f9a82decd4a.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

not a good night.  At 2 we got up and watched a movie.  We both nodded off for a little while, then went back to bed where I went back to tossing and turning.  I might have gotten an hour in there somewhere.  Why?  Because we decided to sell our home and buy a condominium to down size and stop being a slave to the lawn etc.  we both like our home and neighbors but not the HOA.  This house is 30 years old and the condo is under construction brand new so we would get to make decisions about things.

@KymmieL get your wife to watch Two Girls Garage if she thinks women don’t work on cars.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I am not sure if it is a girl working on cars or not. Don't really care. I am a girl like it or not. nothing is going to change that. When I go out dressed feminine I feel free. finally being me. It is great.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Gabriel I congratulate you for running a half.   I have always struggled with a mile or mile and a half.  That was our fitness requirement when I was in the Air Force 50 years ago.  Wow how time does fly.  

My kids did not take after me. In high school my daughter ran cross country.  And as an adult my son started with a half, then a full, then a tri and ended up completing several Ironman events including the worlds for his age group.  I definitely take my hat off to him, and to you.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL I feel free when I go out fully femme.  I’m to the point that I only do a minimum of things not as Willow.  Legal things, like today I need to sign a letter of intent and dirty things because I don’t have enough clothes to afford getting anything dirty. 

I am hoping to buy a new place and sell this one and we are starting today with a letter of intent on the new place.  Definitely not a fun chore we will be downsizing by at least half.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Funny, that hasn't happened to me!  

Good morning, ladies, gents, and all my friends in between!

I realize I have not posted in a while, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I migrates over to the Discord server for a while. Lots of younger folks over there, but by the gods, I'm an old soul. Haha

Coffee this morning is instant and being downed as swiftly as this girl can prep it. I am still not out at work and it is causing me extreme stress. Mostly because since my last post, I have been promoted. It honestly feels like I'm kinda trapped.

You may all be relieved to know I finally came out to my father about a month ago. He was less than enthusiastic, and is so far resistant to it at all. Thinks I've been brainwashed or something. Anyway, there's my two cents. Hope everyone has a good morning. I'll check back later.

-Big hugs, missed you all,

Keira ❤️

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Willow said:

I have always struggled with a mile or mile and a half.  That was our fitness requirement when I was in the Air Force 50 years ago.  Wow how time does fly. 

That was the requirement when I was in the RCAF, almost as long ago.  They eventually dropped the requirement, because they found that the leading cause of death in the service was people having heart attacks on their annual mile and a half run!

• Forum Moderator

Living in the Eastern Time Zone of the USA, I'm ready to say GOOD AFTERNOON everyone. I've been on a two week road trip teaching at the Delaware State Fire School, to the Louisiana State Police Officer Development Center in Zachary, LA. It took me all morning to catch up here, and I want to WELCOME all the new folks who have come to the TransPulseForums.

The coffee:coffee: this morning was HOT, black and strong.

Hugs, (masked where required)

Mindy???

4 hours ago, Willow said:

I feel free when I go out fully femme.  I’m to the point that I only do a minimum of things not as Willow.  Legal things, like today…

This was one thing that made me realize I was trans.  The first time I got up the nerve to dress, I felt the freest I had in years - probably most of my life.

I live full time whether I pass or not.  I do look over my shoulder though, and try not to do anything stupid.  This is still a rather conservative area.

Still holding off on legal name change though, cause I have some stuff going on that I don't want to complicate.

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

I do look over my shoulder though, and try not to do anything stupid.  This is still a rather conservative area.

Perhaps they tolerate me and just figure I'm old and crazy.  LOL

Oh the mile and a half. I remember those days.

Well back to down sizing. I wish Willow the best in her new adventure. 

As far as me down sizing my wife and I went the opposite direction. We acquired another piece of property.   

So much for down sizing, seems like more is piling up, but it is all good. 

We have 2 lots ready to rent out, water, sewer and electric all hooked up,  and 1 lot we are still working on for our garden, 

looks like we are not going anywhere. 

Life in the western mountains of NC has it ups and downs as with any place, but it is peaceful.

LM♥️

Today51C.jpg

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Willow said:

I have always struggled with a mile or mile and a half.  That was our fitness requirement when I was in the Air Force 50 years ago.  Wow how time does fly.  

Willow

I would too. That was our requirement. when I got out in 92.

Kymmie

10 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I have been working out lately, though, and one month on T and 10 min daily planks have my abs showing up. I'm a happy guy.

10 min daily planks.  Hopefully you'll get back to swimming sometime.  I picked up running just before my 40th.  I ran in high school but injured my knee and picked up smoking.  I can understand about swimming, I love to swim as well but nervous about being in public in a swimsuit right now.

4 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Life in the western mountains of NC has it ups and downs as with any place, but it is peaceful.

LM♥️

I visited the Asheville area a couple years ago. Beautiful area lots of cute shops with great artwork.  I'll have to visit the area in the fall sometime I bet it's lovely 

• Forum Moderator
On 5/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, Danni B. said:

I finished my race today 13.1 miles 2:43:52.  It's about 20 minutes slower than my pre-hormone time but I felt fantastic running in public.

That's great @Danni B. it's great to meet you.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy???

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy???

Thanks, nice to meet you.  Glad to find this group, lots of caring, friendly individuals here ??????

Wow, lots of great stuff here, it took me all morning to catch up since I was on vacation for a week.  Too much to respond to but a few tidbits on your alls posts:

Welcome new peeps!

Liz, I love the hair

1.5 miles: you Air Force people are soft, we had to do 2 miles in the Army (and I barely qualified every year because I can't run for $)%*). Just kidding on the soft part ;) I'm not sure if I have run since getting out unless you count stampeding for a store opening on a first day of a mega sale lol

All the relationship issue news: I love you all and wish you the best

My life this last week was pretty amazing. I had 2 trips meeting ladies I didn't know. The first was a women's biz owners retreat my wife organizes every year for the beach.  It group tends toward "businesses run from the heart" so very empathic, soulful, loving women.  They were very affirming and loving toward me and I enjoyed my time with them immensely. It's off season so the boardwalk shops and areas were very quiet.  Because they were all about being in touch with themselves they felt no boundaries about asking me how it felt emotionally going through my transition and stuff.  I didn't mind talking about it but after the first night just asked them to give me a little space on the subject because I didn't want to spend the rest of the trip focused on that and they were cool about it.

Then I repacked and flew down to Savannah to meet the "Ladies of Football". Its an online group of football fans and we decided to have a ladies weekend and meet each other and have a good time.

It was the complete opposite of the earlier weekend. A couple people asked me a few superficial questions about being trans, but mostly about how I'm treated and things like safety. At least half the women were women of colour and from the deep south so they understood safety and discrimination so wanted to make sure I was going to be OK. It was really nice of them and they "kept an eye" on things and schooled a few people who had made some comments in public spaces behind my back.  I've gotten to the point where I just don't pay attention to how people are responding to me in public. I used to look to see how people were behaving but now I just go about my life so I didn't realize on a conscious level how people were reacting but the ladies with me sure did and wouldn't stand for it. haha.  Other than that, I was just another lady out there having fun with them.  

One aspect of the trip that was awesome and weird was the lack of personal boundaries.  We were all vaccinated and GA doesn't have mask mandates.  When we met for the first time most of the ladies just ran up to me with big hugs and cheek kisses being "so glad to finally meet you gurl!" comments. I've been in complete protection mode for so long it kinda freaked me out from both a Covid habit level and just my personal defenses from being self conscious about my trans status. At the same time just being "gurl-friend" to all the ladies was so amazing.  I'm going to go more in depth on my blog about the trip so if your interested pop over there tomorrow.  One of the girls took this group photo and although I was totally being treated and included as one of them, I still "felt" like I was an outlier being trans fost of the time. But when they posted this pic and I look at it, I just see a bunch of women and I'm one of them.  I'm hoping someday, I get over my issues to see this in real time.

186242343_10159506216263200_7223222579876631178_n.jpeg

OMG!   I just got "man-splained" at Home Depot.  I'm both offended and exhilarated. lol