• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I hate to mention my little Honda here.  It's not much to look at, but 270+K and still going strong.  I had a Mazda 4x4 truck for a bit but it was a piece of… you know.   I just pull a trailer with the old accord and it keeps me in firewood just fine.   And it's pretty good on gas.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JustineM said:

@Jamie68 hang in there girl. I hope your wife will eventually come around. 

Thanks for your support. Feeling better now. We talked some while I cried. It was kicked off by a sad note she wrote and left out where I could see it. She said it was just for her to release her feelings, but I think subconsciously she wanted me to see it. I don't know how our relationship will end up down the road. I hope good. She is dead set against me getting bottom surgery. I will never be complete without it. She already said she didn't like me wearing nail polish in public. 

2 hours ago, Willow Farmer said:

Hi Agnes,

I'm familiar with the Garberville area and lifestyle.  Maybe your car looked old and non-threatening like you belonged there.  Any new bullet holes in the old Ford?  A lot of good people there, but very private.   Big business is messing it up for the small farmer just like everywhere else these days.

I did have a bit of a scare about an hour northwest of redway. Sign on the gate said deadly end. Hiked about a mile into the property on foot and got everything I needed from the “gardener.” Then on my way out ran into the proprietor. I didn’t know that a certain four letter word beginning with F could be used as a noun, verb and adjective all in the same sentence!  He got out a pad of paper and started documenting the evidence of my trespass. I offered to call the cops for him knowing I was within my legal rights as a census worker. He backed off a bit at that point . It turns out there was a robbery on the property the previous week and the thief had been shot dead! 

The next stop was as the light was fading 20 miles from nowhere down a dirt road with a nondescript name like road z. The house was a couple hundred yards up what looked like a footpath into the woods. Talked to the house at the bottom to get directions and they knew the folks as they managed the property. Got a proxy on it. Also learned they had shot a bear about this time the night before.

ir was a helluva  an adventure I can tell you!

I was able to persuade folks with common sense arguments like getting federal dollars to pave the damn roads! LOL!

in the ghetto in Birmingham when they said no my response was “No!? You know what no means? You want federal dollars going to California instead of fixing schools and potholes in your own neighborhood!?”

@Jamie68 That is rough reading a letter like that for sure. I am glad you two had a heart to heart about it, because it sounds like it was necessary. I hope you two can find an agreeable solution, but know you have support from us here. It might just take some time, and only you can know how long you want to give it. I hope you have a good rest of your day, and know that I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

• Forum Moderator

Well my wife and youngest have done it again.

6 minutes to one. my son asks me. would you like to join us for ice cream.  Him and my wife. 

me: Where?

Them: Centennial. 

Me: Not when I have to be at work in an hour.

Centennial,WY is a small town. at the base of the Snowy Range Mountains. about 30 miles from Laramie. They have a great homemade ice cream shop.

My wife had mentioned it when we got up at 10:30 this morning. I said then we may not have the time. Now they say ask this. I think I will be voicing my displeasure to my wife when I get home tonight.

It almost seems like my wife and youngest are more of a couple than me and her are.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Cyndee said:

functional off road delight (knock em' all ya want, I love my F-350) 

I'm with you @CyndeeMy 2014 F-350 6.7L Power Stroke, Diesel has 219,948 miles on it and still pulls like a champ. Someone asked me if those were Highway Miles? My reply was YES! They don't make cities that big. It may not win any races, but it will pull your house off the foundation.

667.JPG

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

I'm with you @CyndeeMy 2014 F-350 6.7L Power Stroke, Diesel has 219,948 miles on it and still pulls like a champ. Someone asked me if those were Highway Miles? My reply was YES! They don't make cities that big. It may not win any races, but it will pull your house off the foundation.

667.JPG

OMG!  I had a 2010 F-150 King Ranch that went to 245k miles before it just finally gave up.  Cold winters (Minnesota) turned the frame into a rust bucket.  It looks like maybe your truck is just getting broken in at 220k miles!!....LOL....

2 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Sign on the gate said deadly end.

Yea,   climb over my gate and you will already have been uploaded to the cloud and any road you take plays a unique tune at the house for my dogs who now know right where you are.   Too bad rural people have to do this now days.  I'm not doing anything illegal, just have a fab shop and the tweekers  try to steal scrap metal and fuel.   What happened?   When I bought this acreage in the 70's I never needed a gate.   Even poor, down and out people had integrity and pride.   I have helped many people having a bad day in my life.   Now when my alarms go off, I prepare for the worst.

I'm glad you got the behind-the-locked-experience and lived to tell the tale.

Willow McKenzie

• Forum Moderator

Hey @Shay do you know what F.I.A.T. means?  Fix it again, Tony!  Had one once.  Never again.  Yes, I know that Jeep is a  member of the group but mine was made in Toledo, Oh. I was born 30 miles down the road and went to college there.  

Speaking of F.O.R.D.’s. Mine is sitting in the driveway needing an alternator.  Probably get rid of it since I have the Jeep now.

Liz my stomach isn’t a wash board but it’s pretty flat.  I’m still not wearing a crop top or Daisy Dukes either.  

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Melissa Mazurek said:

OMG!  I had a 2010 F-150 King Ranch that went to 245k miles before it just finally gave up.  Cold winters (Minnesota) turned the frame into a rust bucket.  It looks like maybe your truck is just getting broken in at 220k miles!!....LOL....

Hey there @Melissa MazurekIt's nice to meet you. I regularly run my truck and trailer through a Blue Beacon Truck Wash to keep it clean for my customers when I'm on the road. When I'm not on the road, I run it through a Crew Car Wash with underbody wash to keep the winter salt from eating it up. I live in the Indianapolis Metro area, and we do get snow down here.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Yes, it’s fun to knock some vehicles.  Fords are easy, so are any number of others, including Jeep’s.  I wouldn’t give a plug nickel for some models of Jeep badged vehicles, but Wrangler and Gladiator’s are different.  I considered a Ford Transit, until I found out who made it and more.  I considered another Explorer but have you seen the base price?  Looked at different other brands too, but decided on this.  Right price for the features and comfort.  Good warranty too.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I wouldn't own some vehicles if they paid me. The 5th and 6th  generation of the Explorer Any of the new gm SUVs and Gm trucks are ugly too. Wouldn't own any of the electric  vehicles.  The mach e is a disgrace to the Mustang name. Same with the new Cherokee. 

Kymmie 

5 hours ago, AmberM said:

@Jamie68 That is rough reading a letter like that for sure. I am glad you two had a heart to heart about it, because it sounds like it was necessary. I hope you two can find an agreeable solution, but know you have support from us here. It might just take some time, and only you can know how long you want to give it. I hope you have a good rest of your day, and know that I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Thank you. I appreciate the support from this group of awesome people.

Wife and I went out shopping today.It was for me.Needed some new work clothes and wanted a couple new pair of heels.It went good and my wife picked out a couple of them.She got a nice compliment too,a woman told her she has a nice femme husband and told her thank you

Today was a mile stone for me, I finally got out of the house. Wife said get out and walk so we did. She took the pictures.

I had to sit 2 times, but made the walk. My accident 3 years ago nearly killed me, sitting in the basement for 3 years also was leading to an early demise. 

Getting out again, that freedom and fresh air. 

LM♥️

20210613_190756.jpg

20210613_190949.jpg

20210613_191032.jpg

20210613_191117.jpg

20210613_192604.jpg

Tonight I had a milestone of my own, I had my first catcall.  I was walking by the mall near our apartments, and I heard someone call out, "Hey mommy!" I glanced back and continued walking.  "Hey mama!" I continued on my way, and he did not pursue me (vocally or otherwise).  Still, it left me smiling, though a part of me feels I should be insulted.

7 hours ago, Willow Farmer said:

Yea,   climb over my gate and you will already have been uploaded to the cloud and any road you take plays a unique tune at the house for my dogs who now know right where you are.   Too bad rural people have to do this now days.  I'm not doing anything illegal, just have a fab shop and the tweekers  try to steal scrap metal and fuel.   What happened?   When I bought this acreage in the 70's I never needed a gate.   Even poor, down and out people had integrity and pride.   I have helped many people having a bad day in my life.   Now when my alarms go off, I prepare for the worst.

I'm glad you got the behind-the-locked-experience and lived to tell the tale.

Willow McKenzie

Most of the cases I was assigned were the challenges, ones no one else got responses at, the locked gates and the lock and loaded ones! I enjoyed the challenge! Census workers are allowed to walk past no trespassing signs but not climb over fences. There was a wide open path to the side of this gate otherwise I would have had to be more creative! I assure you I never climbed over any gates. I found most people once I made contact and they saw my government badge and I made small talk with them were happy to cooperate! 

I saw the concern from your side of the gate every day. However if a population is invisible to the government they don’t get the attention they need and deserve. 

• Forum Moderator

@Willow omg I was born in Toledo and went to UT and owned a few Toledo made jeeps.

Hi everyone! 

I’ve been so swamped dealing with everything I am just now catching up with the kind posts you all wrote about  the loss of my mother. Thank you all so so much. 

I’ve always been a cryer so proper hormones have upped that, but now also I’m more of a take charge person within the family as the now second oldest on that side. And have tried to be more open and encouraging more openness amongst our reserved private family. 

The worry over Mom learning from someone else is over, so I can relax in that realm now.

And I don’t know if it’s hormones, or just being more comfortable as me, but finding joy in people suddenly way more than before. 

Checking into a hotel in a deserted lobby would have been a quick transaction but now turned into a heartwarming chat between me with my mom died yesterday and the staffer saying my grandmother died today.  Somehow a check-in turned into a support group, complete with tears of all intensities on both sides. 

Then seeing her the next night and each smiling more and saying today is a little better, awesome. Guess I’m coming out in more ways than one. 

Good morning! How is everyone this day?

I have summer school PE in a couple hours that I'm not hugely looking forward to. Sports aren't my thing... but the exercise is still kind of nice. After that I have to get packed for girls church camp. Downside to not being out, but the camps are usually fun and there will be swimming! I also need to set up an oil change should my memory allow. Kind of ignoring processing some big emotions, but I've made the decision that today will be decent no matter what. Hopefully I can get some drawing done too!

As a way to maybe help boost my confidence a photo from a few months ago. I'm not on T or even out to my family yet. Most I get is a haircut and I have a binder I can wear at work...

ME.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Shay I’m originally from Fremont.  

Good morning everyone.  A good day to open the roof on the Jeep. Still, I have lots of things to do. Cleaning up and cleaning out my garage will be a biggy.  I need to make a dump run. Already have lots in the trailer 

busy day, gotta go

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Getting out again, that freedom and fresh air. 

LM♥️

You look good @Linda Marie.  I understand that being in for the last year hasn't helped me.  I need to get out and walk more.  Spring would be a great time but the pollen gets me bad.  After that its the heat.  I have to pick and choose my times.  Now that my wife is retired too I hope to get more active.   

Father's day my brother in law and I have a 9:30 tee time. 18 holes. Smokey Mountain Golf course.

My handy cap on this course is 12, yes 12 golf balls I usually lose on this course.?

I'm not a good golfer at all, but still enjoy it.  

Name change filed with the County Court!!!!! Now just the long wait for my certified copy via mail. 

Great pic, Torrance. Have fun this Summer. PE takes up only a tiny fraction of the incredible life that’s in front of you.