• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The golf tournament went good. There were some last minute changes to our teams. I ended up with one of our vendor's sales rep and one of my service techs.  Again the people I was worried about giving me a hard time never showed so I was able to relax and really did have fun. The sales rep had never golfed before but she had still had a pretty good long game.  We got an award for being the "most honest" team. We didn't care how bad we were, just out to have fun.

Right before we started I bought a couple of pretty balls at the pro shop. They were of course overpriced and by the 10th hole I had lost both of them.  I'm guessing I was being a little protective of them because I played better once they were both gone and was just playing with whatever random balls that were in my bag.

Golf is still not my things but I will be going again next year.

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like you had a great time Elizabeth.  I saw your outfit in the "WhatAre You Wearing" thread.  You looked great!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

That sounds like a lot of fun @Elizabeth Star! I've never really played. I practiced driving a bit, but I didn't have the motivation to actually learn how to play more than mini-golf (and I'm terrible at that). I did have a summer job as a photographer's assistant for a while and we took a lot of pictures at company golf outings, but mostly I got sunburned to heck and got club food for the photographer.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

@Bri2020, you look great!

I hit a new milestone today: I got classically, verifiably mansplained.  There was a discussion on the astronomy club mail list about going to the club observatory.  One fellow mentioned that there was a limit of 10 people, due to covid restrictions.  Not wanting people to be denied access on a beautiful night, I pointed out that the current limit was 25.  Him: "Yes, but club policy limits it to 10 people."  Me: "As the author of that policy, I can assure you it is currently 25."  ? ?

You rock it girl. Looks great!

On 9/12/2021 at 5:27 AM, KathyLauren said:

I hit a new milestone today: I got classically, verifiably mansplained.  There was a discussion on the astronomy club mail list about going to the club observatory.  One fellow mentioned that there was a limit of 10 people, due to covid restrictions.  Not wanting people to be denied access on a beautiful night, I pointed out that the current limit was 25.  Him: "Yes, but club policy limits it to 10 people."  Me: "As the author of that policy, I can assure you it is currently 25."  ? ?

That's good.?

23 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

The golf tournament went good. There were some last minute changes to our teams. I ended up with one of our vendor's sales rep and one of my service techs.  Again the people I was worried about giving me a hard time never showed so I was able to relax and really did have fun. The sales rep had never golfed before but she had still had a pretty good long game.  We got an award for being the "most honest" team. We didn't care how bad we were, just out to have fun.

Right before we started I bought a couple of pretty balls at the pro shop. They were of course overpriced and by the 10th hole I had lost both of them.  I'm guessing I was being a little protective of them because I played better once they were both gone and was just playing with whatever random balls that were in my bag.

Golf is still not my things but I will be going again next year.

Sounds like you had a great time. I miss that sort of thing. My wife isn't social at all. I would like to be. Someday, I hope.

I had another good weekend with my partner. It started with her trying on a dress that she bought on-line. It didn't fit her right so without hesitation she gave it me. It was to say the least unexpected.  Later, as we were getting ready to head out for some errands she asked me to help her not only pick out an outfit but also do her makeup. It meant so much to me to be asked to help. Especially with the makeup. With Fall quickly approaching she wanted to change purses but couldn't find a fun one in her collection so purse shopping was added to the list.

Our first stop was to pick up some of her "medication". It was curbside pickup so no real interactions there.

Second stop, purse shopping. As we walked up to the store we were passed by a young woman in a cute open back dress and my partner made a comment about how I could pull off that look where she could not. I really wouldn't have expected that but yea, it happened. While we were in the store we held hands as we walked around. The thing that's interesting is that she is NOT into public displays including hand holding. She found her purse. I was looking at shoes but nothing caught me eye.

Eventually we ended up at a friends house. During our time there one of friends called. It was the same girl I met up with a few weeks ago. The phone call was brief but sparked some conversation. This time there was no negativity. My partner and our friend wanted to see a picture of her.We're FB friends so it was easy to find one. They were both so amazed and had a hard time believing that she was also trans. I now  feel that if I want to hang out with her again there will be a lot less problems.....

Grr.......gotta get ready for work.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I had another good weekend with my partner. It started with her trying on a dress that she bought on-line. It didn't fit her right so without hesitation she gave it me. It was to say the least unexpected.  Later, as we were getting ready to head out for some errands she asked me to help her not only pick out an outfit but also do her makeup. It meant so much to me to be asked to help. Especially with the makeup. With Fall quickly approaching she wanted to change purses but couldn't find a fun one in her collection so purse shopping was added to the list.

Our first stop was to pick up some of her "medication". It was curbside pickup so no real interactions there.

Second stop, purse shopping. As we walked up to the store we were passed by a young woman in a cute open back dress and my partner made a comment about how I could pull off that look where she could not. I really wouldn't have expected that but yea, it happened. While we were in the store we held hands as we walked around. The thing that's interesting is that she is NOT into public displays including hand holding. She found her purse. I was looking at shoes but nothing caught me eye.

Eventually we ended up at a friends house. During our time there one of friends called. It was the same girl I met up with a few weeks ago. The phone call was brief but sparked some conversation. This time there was no negativity. My partner and our friend wanted to see a picture of her.We're FB friends so it was easy to find one. They were both so amazed and had a hard time believing that she was also trans. I now  feel that if I want to hang out with her again there will be a lot less problems.....

Grr.......gotta get ready for work.

Wow! Sounds like things have changed so much for the better in recent months. I envy you. It's getting better for me, but it's slow progress.

My wife keeps trying to figure out why I am what I am. Her latest is; I was the last child that my sickly mother had. Her hormones were messed up, which caused mine to be messed up also. (She died when I was 7). I don't think I ever saw her out of bed since I was 5 yrs old. She had autoimmune problems. Back in 1960 they had no idea what that was or how to treat it. Theres a saying; "We marry our parents". Well, my wife is much like my mother.

• Forum Moderator
On 9/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, Bri2020 said:

I will be officially moving out at the end of November.  Gonna be a -crappy-/hard xmas.

Bri, I agree with @Jackie C.. This is a tough mixed bag of emotions. I'm sorry you couldn't work it out with your wife, and I know the holiday season will be real hard for you. On the bright side I'm proud of you for moving on with your head up high.

Hugs,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

..... Our short "just for a minute" visit lasted a few hours. At one point someone asked me about using public bathrooms. I explained what Illinois laws are but also that in some states you have to use the restroom that matches you assigned birth. I went into detail of how this can be problematic for someone pretty far into transition. As I put it "Do I look men's room compatible?" Of course someone asked about the trans men so I had to go into some detail about what HRT does for them.

After we got home My partner asked me if I could help her find her reading glasses. Suspecting they had fallen behind the bed again I went looking for them. While I bent over scrounging under the bed she made a comment about my butt half sticking out from my pants. I figured we've gone this far so I asked her if my butt looked any bigger then it was a few years ago. She confirmed it did but had to add a "this is what you wanted". I had suspected it grew a little and it's definitely a little squishier but I can't really see it so it's hard for me to judge.

All-in-all things are getting so much better and I feel like I can just live my life now.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 5:11 PM, Bri2020 said:

Probably my first ever. Unless you count Army days but you have your buddies at least.  I will figure things out.  I was the person in the neighborhood that decorated all the common areas and went all Clark Griswold in the front yard.  Heart definitely not into that this year.

I know what you mean I would go all crazy on decorating and right now I to just don't have the heart to go putting up decorations either, and both of my daughter are going on trips at Christmas so me and my 2 dogs will just hang out together. 

Hugs Billie.

5 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

My wife keeps trying to figure out why I am what I am. Her latest is; I was the last child that my sickly mother had. Her hormones were messed up, which caused mine to be messed up also. (She died when I was 7). I don't think I ever saw her out of bed since I was 5 yrs old. She had autoimmune problems. Back in 1960 they had no idea what that was or how to treat it. Theres a saying; "We marry our parents". Well, my wife is much like my mother.

What's kind of interesting is that it's plausible there could be some amount of truth to that. From what I've been hearing, and maybe you've already heard this too, but apperently the latest thinking in trans medical research is that sex development of the brain happens at a different stage of gestation than it does for the genitalia, and in both cases, the difference in which way the body develops depends on exposure to testosterone. So if the fetus is exposed to different levels of T at different periods, that can lead to either male-brain w/ female-body, or vice-versa.

I came across a really interesting talk online that theorizes about there beind a very good evolutionary purpose for gay males, and I guess apperently there's some research behind it, too. Listening to it, I can't help wondering how much it might also apply to transwomen, and even the rest of the lgbt sprectrum:

There are some studies about DES exposure in the womb.  It was commonly given to pregnant women at the time.  Apparently there is a higher than average rate of trans or gay among AMAB with DES mothers.  (And higher rate of cancer in AFAB)

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Jandi said:

There are some studies about DES exposure in the womb.  It was commonly given to pregnant women at the time.  Apparently there is a higher than average rate of trans or gay among AMAB with DES mothers.  (And higher rate of cancer in AFAB)

My mother passed on before my egg cracked, so there was no opportunity to ask her about DES.  My older brother, as her executor, had access to her medical records and learned of two miscarriages (the most common reason for prescribing DES in subsequent pregnancies).  So she probably was prescribed it for our pregnancies.  He is gay; I am trans.  My younger brother is cis-het, but that still makes two out of three supporting this theory.

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

My older brother, as her executor, had access to her medical records and learned of two miscarriages (the most common reason for prescribing DES in subsequent pregnancies).  So she probably was prescribed it for our pregnancies.  He is gay; I am trans. 

This is probably me as well.  My mother passed well before I cracked, but she had miscarriages before I was born (I am the oldest sibling)  I have no way to know for sure though.  One of my sisters passed quite young from uterine cancer, and her twin sister had a hysterectomy out of caution.  (she later got ALS as did my brother, so I'm the only one left)

6 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I came across a really interesting talk online that theorizes about there beind a very good evolutionary purpose for gay males, and I guess apperently there's some research behind it, too. Listening to it, I can't help wondering how much it might also apply to transwomen, and even the rest of the lgbt sprectrum:

I watched the video and had some misgivings. It seemed that the presenter pursued this line of reasoning to assuage his own struggle with personal guilt at having brought a gay son into the world. While he presents ostensibly as an ally, in my opinion an apologetic approach diversity inclusion based on gay exceptionalism ultimately falls short because of the dearth of research, the practically endless multitude of variables in attempting to measure intelligence and emotional intelligence, and the idea that we need to understand gay people as exceptional and utilitarian in order to accept them. That's my take, for what it's worth.

So today I get to go back to work in person for the first time since March 11 2020. One of two days in person scheduled for me this month, involuntarily. The only reason I've heard is that they need people there 'just in case', despite no serious issues that have come up in that year plus.  Oh, and at some point in the day management is doing one of their zoom from home meetings where they tell us we're not all going back to the office until at least January now.

Only a fraction of the number of people who would typically be there will be there today. Since it was covid lockdown that pushed me over the edge it'll be the first time in there during my gender evolution and I'm not seeing a need to come out there yet and won't be hanging out with people it sounds like so there won't be too much scrutiny I suppose.  

In other news, my wife, a year plus into her mourning period over the loss of her dream husband, when we were at a touristy instagrammable spot the other day wanted to take pictures of me and us. If i had known that was going to happen I would have tried to do better with my hair!

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning everyone.  You may have been wondering why I haven't been on lately. Well I have came to the realization that while I am a woman. It is the wrong time for her to emerge. My wife never accepted it. and I haven't "talked" to my oldest son since the spring. Haven't seen him or his family since before Xmas. This is weighing too heavy on me.

So, except for work, Kymmie is pretty much back deep in the closet. Her clothes are staying. I have discontinued taking my spiro and E.

I did not want to make this post, but I felt I owe it to my friends here to know what happened to me. Like I said Kymmie is still here. just waiting.  It is now a wait and see game.

I will be popping back in from time to time. A girl needs her gossip. LOL

I Love you all,

Kymmie 

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Good Morning everyone.  You may have been wondering why I haven't been on lately. Well I have came to the realization that while I am a woman. It is the wrong time for her to emerge. My wife never accepted it. and I haven't "talked" to my oldest son since the spring. Haven't seen him or his family since before Xmas. This is weighing too heavy on me.

So, except for work, Kymmie is pretty much back deep in the closet. Her clothes are staying. I have discontinued taking my spiro and E.

I did not want to make this post, but I felt I owe it to my friends here to know what happened to me. Like I said Kymmie is still here. just waiting.  It is now a wait and see game.

I will be popping back in from time to time. A girl needs her gossip. LOL

I Love you all,

Kymmie 

Sorry to hear that, but only you know what will work for yourself. Hugs

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

My wife never accepted it. and I haven't "talked" to my oldest son since the spring. Haven't seen him or his family since before Xmas. This is weighing too heavy on me.

Sometimes there are complications, and we have to make difficult decisions.  And they involve other people we care about.

Hope things go well for you.  You will always be welcome here.