• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I thought I should post this next picture. My wife took this shot, she even had me pose for the shot.

She had a really good day with me. It was really fun!

The amazing thing was she got to see me, how my world is out there, and how comfortable I am out there.

LM❤️

Today78C.jpg

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone near wilmette /Chicago and want to grab dinner? I’m here for electrolysis tomorrow then fly back Wednesday ?  I’m treating myself to a pedicure as I write this. Felt like I’m gonna need some pampering before the torture 

5 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Anyone near wilmette /Chicago and want to grab dinner? I’m here for electrolysis tomorrow then fly back Wednesday ?  I’m treating myself to a pedicure as I write this. Felt like I’m gonna need some pampering before the torture 

Doh! I am so close and have too much on my plate right now.☹️

12 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

Well darn. My dreams of surgery has been squashed. Not because of my age, but do to the fact I'm in bad physical

shape. If only I took better care of myself. My wife is terrified I won't survive the surgery, my doctor feels the same way

That sucks. Sorry to hear this. At least you can live as your gender. Hugs

7 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I just checked Precisions website. I don't have the funds for what they charge. Kelly's in Oak Park is taking a break till January to catch up on current clients. I'm #1 on their waiting list. Hopefully I can afford them. My partner is looking into sugaring hair removal. I'm still going to continue using my electrolysis machine. At least it will give me a good start on removal.

Good morning!

Went shopping for a while yesterday, my "I Don't Want To Be Your Coach" Mrs. actually expressed regret she couldn't go along as a consultant. Turns out my size is in that sweet spot where all the merch is either way too small or too big. She seems more Ok with my slow evolution than ever before.

In a little less then 6 hours I meet with a new therapist. I am excited to be taking another step in my journey but also nervous because part of me feels I could be shut-out at any moment. I am also feeling blessed, blessed that my employer is letting me take and extended lunch to do it even though it's going to be every week for the foreseeable future. I would have surely imploded by now without their support and understanding. Of course they want me to keep them updated on any dramatic changes but I feel it's the price I have to pay.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

In a little less then 6 hours I meet with a new therapist. I am excited to be taking another step in my journey but also nervous because part of me feels I could be shut-out at any moment. I am also feeling blessed, blessed that my employer is letting me take and extended lunch to do it even though it's going to be every week for the foreseeable future. I would have surely imploded by now without their support and understanding. Of course they want me to keep them updated on any dramatic changes but I feel it's the price I have to pay.

It's awesome that you're employer is so accommodating!  You won't be shut out- that's just fear talking.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

9 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I just checked Precisions website. I don't have the funds for what they charge. Kelly's in Oak Park is taking a break till January to catch up on current clients. I'm #1 on their waiting list. Hopefully I can afford them. My partner is looking into sugaring hair removal. I'm still going to continue using my electrolysis machine. At least it will give me a good start on removal.

I'm lucky- Kaiser will pay for the treatment since they've approved the surgery, but not the sedation part or travel.  Still, it's worth it for me. If I don't go out for dinners or lunches then I can save for that part every two months for a year.  I'm willing to sacrifice that and make my owner food (an invite people to me and I cook for social reasons)

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I'm lucky- Kaiser will pay for the treatment since they've approved the surgery, but not the sedation part or travel.  Still, it's worth it for me. If I don't go out for dinners or lunches then I can save for that part every two months for a year.  I'm willing to sacrifice that and make my owner food (an invite people to me and I cook for social reasons)

I’m with Kaiser too. Did they offer different surgeons around the country or do you have to use one that’s in your region?

2 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I’m with Kaiser too. Did they offer different surgeons around the country or do you have to use one that’s in your region?

They have options. I had two in the DC area (one moved to Boston and out of system). They said they would fly and lodge me in Oregon if I wanted to use their surgeons there. I stayed local cause they two were pretty well rated and even though Oregon has more experience, it was inconvenient as hell. lol. I just can't take that much time away from my business.

I met with my new therapist today. OMG! She has such a different perspective on things. Not to mention has had several trans clients and has written many, many letters. I don't regret my time I spent with the previous one but I was starting to feel a little trapped with what I could and couldn't say and didn't feel like I was moving forward with anything. Although I'm getting better, I still suffer from occasional bouts of severe depression and was afraid to talk about it. This go around I was able to clear the air on them right away. Maybe I have high hopes or maybe this is just my path.

I met with my new therapist today. OMG! She has such a different perspective on things. Not to mention has had several trans clients and has written many, many letters. I don't regret my time I spent with the previous one but I was starting to feel a little trapped with what I could and couldn't say and didn't feel like I was moving forward with anything. Although I'm getting better, I still suffer from occasional bouts of severe depression and was afraid to talk about it. This go around I was able to clear the air on them right away. Maybe I have high hopes or maybe this is just my path.

Happy dance!

Congrats! ?

I'm glad this step is working out for you. It really is so helpful to have a therapist you feel comfortable being open with. ?

15 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

They have options. I had two in the DC area (one moved to Boston and out of system). They said they would fly and lodge me in Oregon if I wanted to use their surgeons there. I stayed local cause they two were pretty well rated and even though Oregon has more experience, it was inconvenient as hell. lol. I just can't take that much time away from my business.

Thank you. I’m about ready to start this journey.

• Forum Moderator

Well it is official my wife also has confirmed case of Covid. She has some issues so she has gotten some meds. 

Learned something that I didn't like. My youngest son has access to my wife's bank account. When I don't. really trusting isn't she. Today, Tues is our 36th Anniversary and 15th anniversary of my father passing. So today  was a great day.

Oh, Well.

Kymmie

Good morning!

Yesterday Mrs basically encouraged me to go do some shopping, so continuing progress here. 

• Forum Moderator

That is fantastic news @RhondaS. That kind of encouragement from your spouse would mean the world to me if my spouse did that.

Hugs

Heather

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I met with my new therapist today.

Fantastic! I'm glad you've got a good one that you like! A good therapist who gets you can make ALL the difference.

5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Today, Tues is our 36th Anniversary and 15th anniversary of my father passing. So today  was a great day.

I'm sorry to hear that. Your anniversary should be a day of joy where you and your spouse celebrate each other and your time together.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Your anniversary should be a day of joy where you and your spouse celebrate each other and your time together.

Hugs!

I agree, I think my dad did it for spite. He never really liked who I married.

Kymmie

So I work in small office where we talk way too much about our personal stuff. I had noticed one of my co-workers was in the bathroom several times through out the day and had to ask him if he was OK? Being the Covid years it didn't feel too out of place. He politely told me he's fine just started some new meds that make him pee all the time. I got thinking to myself...Hmm, I'm on spiro and I pee a lot. You have to understand he is a former 70's biker, old enough to be my father and is very passionate about keeping and maintaining his male privilege and guns. Yet, somehow we get along pretty good and joke a lot at work. Anyways, he looks up the medication and tells me it's Finasteride. I about choked when I heard. I guess he could see the look on my face and asked what I know about it. Well.... What? do you take it? No...but I know women who do. OK, and? Um, women like me. It was so fun watching the look on his face for that couple of moments. I did let him off the hook and explain that in low doses it's fine and probably won't cause any changes. It was also good for a few jokes about him getting emotional and don't cry to me when it happens.

#Idnevermakeitinthecorporateworld.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL get well soon. Sorry it caught up with you and your family.

there was a discussion earlier about change bringing on the realization of being transgender.  Well, that is actually very true.  In my case the change was retirement and relocation.  But any major change can bring it to the surface especially if you’ve had signs or symptoms but didn’t put it together or thought it was something else.

I have my first appointment with a new therapist Friday.  I hope it goes well.  I know little or nothing about this one.  My last one retired and this one was the one to accept me.  

stay safe hugs

williow

I did let him off the hook and explain that in low doses it's fine and probably won't cause any changes. It was also good for a few jokes about him getting emotional and don't cry to me when it happens.

Omg that’s hysterical!

7 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Well.... What? do you take it? No...but I know women who do. OK, and? Um, women like me.

I love it!

7 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It was so fun watching the look on his face

Tbh it was unnecessarily cruel on your part, esp considering how you described this person. It sounds like on one hand the medication was not properly explained (including side effects) by the doctor, and on the other hand he is of the old school of thought.