• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

2 hours ago, ValerieRun said:

Tbh it was unnecessarily cruel on your part, esp considering how you described this person. It sounds like on one hand the medication was not properly explained (including side effects) by the doctor, and on the other hand he is of the old school of thought.

I do understand what you're saying that's why I explained to him that the low dosage he's on was fine. Thankfully we can have these conversations, at work, without people getting too upset.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star you could have at least told him that finasteride and propecia are the same thing and has he noticed faster hair growth.

Bought a new bra today.  I think I’m going to like it.  It is a Victoria Secrets two size increase cup.  I think it fits both my itty bitties and my band size pretty well and gives me the look I want.  Anyway I’m restarting my estrogen tomorrow.  I’ll be back on full hrt after that.  I’ll have to see when we can talk about surgery again.  A big concern to me is all the Covid patients in the hospitals.  It may have to wait a while.hugs

Willow

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Bought a new bra today.  I think I’m going to like it.  It is a Victoria Secrets two size increase cup.  I think it fits both my itty bitties and my band size pretty well and gives me the look I want.  Anyway I’m restarting my estrogen tomorrow.  I’ll be back on full hrt after that.  I’ll have to see when we can talk about surgery again.  A big concern to me is all the Covid patients in the hospitals.  It may have to wait a while.hugs

I'm curious about this bra. I'm a 42a and have a hard time finding one that fits right. The last one I got was a 40b, and a 5" extender. I had a previous one that is a 42a by leading lady. The straps were almost too short and the band was a little too tight. I use a short extender with it.

19 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So I work in small office where we talk way too much about our personal stuff. I had noticed one of my co-workers was in the bathroom several times through out the day and had to ask him if he was OK? Being the Covid years it didn't feel too out of place. He politely told me he's fine just started some new meds that make him pee all the time. I got thinking to myself...Hmm, I'm on spiro and I pee a lot. You have to understand he is a former 70's biker, old enough to be my father and is very passionate about keeping and maintaining his male privilege and guns. Yet, somehow we get along pretty good and joke a lot at work. Anyways, he looks up the medication and tells me it's Finasteride. I about choked when I heard. I guess he could see the look on my face and asked what I know about it. Well.... What? do you take it? No...but I know women who do. OK, and? Um, women like me. It was so fun watching the look on his face for that couple of moments. I did let him off the hook and explain that in low doses it's fine and probably won't cause any changes. It was also good for a few jokes about him getting emotional and don't cry to me when it happens.

#Idnevermakeitinthecorporateworld.

It's good that you can joke around with your fellow workers. It makes work much nicer.

Practical jokes or horse play is always a bad idea though. I never allowed it in our shop. It always goes too far and someone gets angry.

19 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So I work in small office where we talk way too much about our personal stuff. I had noticed one of my co-workers was in the bathroom several times through out the day and had to ask him if he was OK? Being the Covid years it didn't feel too out of place. He politely told me he's fine just started some new meds that make him pee all the time. I got thinking to myself...Hmm, I'm on spiro and I pee a lot. You have to understand he is a former 70's biker, old enough to be my father and is very passionate about keeping and maintaining his male privilege and guns. Yet, somehow we get along pretty good and joke a lot at work. Anyways, he looks up the medication and tells me it's Finasteride. I about choked when I heard. I guess he could see the look on my face and asked what I know about it. Well.... What? do you take it? No...but I know women who do. OK, and? Um, women like me. It was so fun watching the look on his face for that couple of moments. I did let him off the hook and explain that in low doses it's fine and probably won't cause any changes. It was also good for a few jokes about him getting emotional and don't cry to me when it happens.

I go crazy if if can’t joke about my transition at work. Earlier this year a clerk accidentally hit me in the crotch with a package and I told her not to worry because it would save me money when I have my surgery. Oh, the look on her face?. We still laugh about it. 

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

Earlier this year a clerk accidentally hit me in the crotch with a package and I told her not to worry because it would save me money when I have my surgery. Oh, the look on her face?. We still laugh about it.

Now that's funny. ?

Good morning!  I can't function without my morning coffee.  I'm getting ready to go to my job, in a thrift shop where I'm the assistant manager.  I came out to everyone last week.  Hearing people call "Diana!" across the shop is so amazing.  I'm now in the process of looking for a therapist to start the next stage of my journey.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Beautiful day again here.  Have to go back to our boat soon.  My big project is to get the shower plumbed to the inside. Once that’s done I can start my outside projects.

@Jamie68 Victoria only deals in smaller bras. I normally but 40B, because 40A is hard to find. Went 38B and expected to need an extender but my measurements say I am between a 38 and a 40. And for once the 38 seems to fit.  38B is the sister size to 40A

Willow

3 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I told her not to worry because it would save me money when I have my surgery. Oh, the look on her face

I’m in your school of thought on this. I have a funny bone and it has a mind of its own. It’s not tied into my endocrine system I can tell you that!

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

Beautiful day again here.  Have to go back to our boat soon.  My big project is to get the shower plumbed to the inside. Once that’s done I can start my outside projects.

@Jamie68 Victoria only deals in smaller bras. I normally but 40B, because 40A is hard to find. Went 38B and expected to need an extender but my measurements say I am between a 38 and a 40. And for once the 38 seems to fit.  38B is the sister size to 40A

Willow

I'll have to check them out. Thanks. Have a great day

2 hours ago, DianaW said:

Good morning!  I can't function without my morning coffee.  I'm getting ready to go to my job, in a thrift shop where I'm the assistant manager.  I came out to everyone last week.  Hearing people call "Diana!" across the shop is so amazing.  I'm now in the process of looking for a therapist to start the next stage of my journey.

I agree, it's wonderfull hearing your preferred name.

22 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Liz that was to funny 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

I am on Finasteride because my bladder was having issues (going too frequently, feeling like I need to go when I didn't, some leakage), it's used also to shrink the prostate and my doctor thought it could help with that. I did find out after that it's also taken by women like us to help with hair loss. Not sure if it does that for me, I feel like I lose a handful each washing. I've not noticed any other effects and it's going on 3 years.

• Forum Moderator

Finasteride/propecia/ROGAIN!  Didn’t help me one bit.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Finasteride/propecia/ROGAIN!  Didn’t help me one bit.

I don't know if it was just a delayed effect of losing testosterone or Finasteride, but some of my hair did come back after I started taking Finasteride. I also used some Minoxidil for a little while though. Still, I didn't get a head full of hair.

Mike

2 hours ago, Confused1 said:

I don't know if it was just a delayed effect of losing testosterone or Finasteride, but some of my hair did come back after I started taking Finasteride. I also used some Minoxidil for a little while though. Still, I didn't get a head full of hair.

Mike

I've been using (generic) rogaine/minoxidil for close to a year (although the "executive dysfunction" from my ADHD has led to me using it only once per day, instead of the recommended twice a day.)

Hard to say how much it helps, if any. I think I did manage to catch the "crown" hair loss in relatively early stages (wish I could say the same about receding hairline in the corners, and a bit in the center of the hairline, but I understand that minoxidil/rogaine unfortunately isn't intended to help with that ☹️) Since I've been using it, it does seem like my bald spot hasn't progressed any further (which I'm thankful for!), but I do still wind up with a disturbing amount of stray hair left in my hands every time I shampoo.

I suppose, given that I'm amab, pre-hrt, and less than two months from hitting "the big 4 - 0", that I should feel lucky and grateful that I don't already have far more progressed hair loss than I already do.

I had my last session with my other therapist last night. It was surprisingly hard despite the negativity I had been feeling over the last couple sessions. We skimmed over what had been worked on and I how feel now about thing. I think I really surprised him at one point, he had asked if I remember our start date and how sessions we've had. Not only did I know the exact  date, off the top of my head, but also how many sessions we had and the fact that the day and time were changed after 2 weeks.  When the clock ran out I did have to end things rather abruptly as it was getting hard to hold back the tears. It was hard to say good bye and I did actually cry a little afterwards but it was for the best. Now that I've already had the first meet and greet with the new one last week and just ended with the old, it feels like a passing of the baton as I start a more definitive leg of my journey. 

Gotta go for now; have no idea what I'm wearing today.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I had my last session with my other therapist last night. It was surprisingly hard despite the negativity I had been feeling over the last couple sessions. We skimmed over what had been worked on and I how feel now about thing. I think I really surprised him at one point, he had asked if I remember our start date and how sessions we've had. Not only did I know the exact  date, off the top of my head, but also how many sessions we had and the fact that the day and time were changed after 2 weeks.  When the clock ran out I did have to end things rather abruptly as it was getting hard to hold back the tears. It was hard to say good bye and I did actually cry a little afterwards but it was for the best. Now that I've already had the first meet and greet with the new one last week and just ended with the old, it feels like a passing of the baton as I start a more definitive leg of my journey. 

Gotta go for now; have no idea what I'm wearing today.

Parting ways with someone that you shared your deepest thoughts with has to be hard. It sounds like your new therapist will be good for you though. Hugs

9 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I've been using (generic) rogaine/minoxidil for close to a year (although the "executive dysfunction" from my ADHD has led to me using it only once per day, instead of the recommended twice a day.)

Hard to say how much it helps, if any. I think I did manage to catch the "crown" hair loss in relatively early stages (wish I could say the same about receding hairline in the corners, and a bit in the center of the hairline, but I understand that minoxidil/rogaine unfortunately isn't intended to help with that ☹️) Since I've been using it, it does seem like my bald spot hasn't progressed any further (which I'm thankful for!), but I do still wind up with a disturbing amount of stray hair left in my hands every time I shampoo.

I suppose, given that I'm amab, pre-hrt, and less than two months from hitting "the big 4 - 0", that I should feel lucky and grateful that I don't already have far more progressed hair loss than I already do.

Since on HRT, my hair has actually grown back some but it will never do much. I haven't had much hair on top for too long. It's wig time. I went to Hair Club recently. They have a hair transplant system but I don't have enough donor hair. They have another system where they glue on hair that looks natural. It's only for the wealthy. We're talking about $4,500 to start with and $350 every few months to replace it for the rest of your life. Not for me. A good synthetic wig can look awesome. Just wash and put on stand to dry. Never loses it's shape. A real hair wig has to be styled like any other cis womans hair.

• Forum Moderator

Well. I haven't posted up the real kicker in my world. It is me, my store manager and the commercial manager that are out. The store manager lost his dad Wed night to Covid. and now he has pneumonia. SO he is out the full 14 days. We have one other manager that knows how to open the store. The other assist. We have 2 other managers that can close but one only works Weekends.  Don't know what the upper manager(s) are doing.  

When it rains it pours.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Well. I haven't posted up the real kicker in my world. It is me, my store manager and the commercial manager that are out. The store manager lost his dad Wed night to Covid. and now he has pneumonia. SO he is out the full 14 days. We have one other manager that knows how to open the store. The other assist. We have 2 other managers that can close but one only works Weekends.  Don't know what the upper manager(s) are doing.  

When it rains it pours.

Kymmie

That kinda sucks but it doesn’t sound like it’s your problem to figure out. You just need to take care of yourself and get well. 

I got thing where I bring a bagel with me to work for breakfast. A couple months ago the owner happened to see it on my desk and asked for a piece. Besides being the person who signs my paychecks he’s really a great guy so I happily let him  have some. Since then he would randomly come by in the mornings looking for his piece of bagel so I’ve been making sure to always have one if I really wanted it or not. Now and again I would see him in back working with techs and would slide in drop if a piece and go back to my desk. He always thanks me for the mini-breakfast but today instead of just generically thanking me I got “thank you girlfriend”. I admit it was a little awkward but I feel really affirmed that he sees nothing but the woman I truly am. 

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I got thing where I bring a bagel with me to work for breakfast. A couple months ago the owner happened to see it on my desk and asked for a piece. Besides being the person who signs my paychecks he’s really a great guy so I happily let him  have some. Since then he would randomly come by in the mornings looking for his piece of bagel so I’ve been making sure to always have one if I really wanted it or not. Now and again I would see him in back working with techs and would slide in drop if a piece and go back to my desk. He always thanks me for the mini-breakfast but today instead of just generically thanking me I got “thank you girlfriend”. I admit it was a little awkward but I feel really affirmed that he sees nothing but the woman I truly am. 

Wow! that's a great boss

I have, and was disappointed with the results. I can't recall the vendor, but they advertised human hair wigs for a very reasonable price. When the product arrived, it did not fit. It did, however fit my four year old granddaughter... I would humbly suggest that a local wig shop might be a better option.