• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Well, here’s a first, for me anyway.  I paid for the surgery today.  Good news that makes it absolutely certain and the cost was less than I had expected.  I am very pleased with my Medicare advantage plan.

I didn’t take the boat for a test run this morning, it was very windy and I have a very narrow channel that is deep enough for my boat.  It’s hard enough finding the right spot with out winds blowing me off course.  Maybe Sunday.  I’ll have to check the boating weather.

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Willow, that’s great news, especially since I’m also with Medicare Advantage. 

Hugs,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

On 11/17/2021 at 5:21 AM, Jamie68 said:

I have a question for you ladies who have had bottom surgery. Do you find it easier to keep your knees together without the extra junk in the way? I'm trying to get into the habit of keeping them together. It seems difficult for me. 

I haven't had that yet either of course (or HRT...but hopefully soon on that...), but fwiw, I do find that my being significantly overweight makes my thighs way too big in circumference to be able to cross my legs or keep my knees together. I think (for me) that is not only because of the extra leg fat, but also because of the extra leg muscle built up to support my overweight body.

5 hours ago, Jani said:

@JustineM This is terrible.  Doesn't your boss understand the economy is booming and businesses everywhere are looking for employees?  Not suggesting you look elsewhere but I'm sure its crossed your mind.   I hope it works out well for you.  

Sorry to read about your family.

Jani

Oh I’ve actually had some of our bank customers actually offer me positions. Not saying I’m looking but…. where’s my resume? 

On 11/17/2021 at 2:44 PM, Jackie C. said:

Yeah? Just wait until you hear about hands-free peeing.

Hugs!

I've actually been really looking forward to that one for a good while now. (Heck, I'll probably need those hands free just to hold my dress/skirt!)

All things in due time...(or so I try to tell myself!) One small step at a time...

I actually, finally, have a followup meeting I just scheduled yesterday at my local clinic's transgender health center. Three weeks...Can't wait! I'm not clear on their procedural details but I think this is mainly a boilerplate step to get referred to an endo for finally (fingers crossed) hrt 4 me!!! :) They already had me get some bloodwork done.

Having had to help out with my mom during her chemo and eventual estate-settling and grief-councelling matters forced me to shelve the start of my transistion for much of this year (and I really, really can not even believe how quickly this year has gone). But it feels really good to finally be getting back on track.

16 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

So, I am feeling much better (pain was 8/10 last couple weeks, and amazingly 5/10 yesterday) & am hopeful I can learn to manage better.

There have only been a couple of times in my life where I experienced that kind of pain. I had a couple of bouts of kidney stones where the pain was so intense it made me puke. Also six months of chemo for colon cancer where the last month I felt like I was dying, probably because the chemo was literally killing me.

Other than that I’ve been truly blessed with a pain free life. I really don’t appreciate it as much as I should. 

hope your recovery continues and the pain continues to subside. 

Got scheduled for my first surgery on Nov 30. A tracheal shave. Feeling a bit apprehensive. My first voice feminization lesson went really well. Practice saying “Meow said the cat”, “Here kitty kitty kitty” and “Ouch that hurt” in various pitches up to C4. This is fun!

I am planning to extend these sessions into singing lessons. The first song I want to master is “Hen wlad fy nhadau”, Welsh national anthem.

Good morning. We have a new kitten named Ürl that is filling our life with joy. I attended a meet and greet at a local trans organization last night. Besides three staff members that were there, I was the only one who showed up. We engaged in some good conversation but ultimately I was disappointed. I have a real desire to have social interactions with other trans folks. It’s lonely out here in the burbs.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I have a real desire to have social interactions with other trans folks. It’s lonely out here in the burbs.

Good morning Erica,

I live out north where the corn meets the city, and my closest LBGTQ group meeting is on the south side of the city. So my drive one way is 22 miles. I'm hoping it well attended and worth my drive.

Good morning Ürl, her kitty, kitty, kitty.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning 

That magical black elixir, Java, Joe, mud, Coffee, that’s it, is pretty good.  It was a difficult night for sleeping.  The wind picked back up so everything outside was banging and rattling.  And it was cold!  The three of us (wife, dog and I) were all trying to snuggle for warmth.  Dog gave up first.  We have a thick stadium blanket which is usually warm enough but it isn’t big enough.  Guess it’s time to break down and get an electric blanket.  I have the boat wired for both 12vdc and 120vac shore power.

@Mmindy If you read the Medicare coverage on their website, Medicare covers transgender care and has for years.  But it isn’t a National mandate it can be different by state or regions.  Since SC is generally not trans friendly I was very concerned they wouldn’t cover my costs, or that my copayment would be significant.  So I was very surprised when I first found out it was approved and then to learn my copayment was no more than in network since this facility is out of network.

good news all around.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Erica Gabriel getting to a trans group that suits your needs can be very difficult, especially since most are secret groups.  I first joined one in Charleston SC, about 65 miles one way.  The moderator was ok.  The group was friendly enough.  But on average they were too young and discussion topics didn’t meet my needs.  That moderator got me into another group, 20 miles from home.  That group meeting was a real bummer.  Three members, the moderator, the secretary and one at large member, and TWO visitors.  So I met “S”. She and her wife invited my wife and I to meet them for lunch the next day.  We hit it off and talked for hours.  She got me into a therapist sponsored group in Wilmington NC.  Two hours from here.  That group was a fit and until Covid shut everything down I would go there most months.  My point is sometimes you have to look for a group that fits, and it may not be the closest group.  They can be hard to find because they tend to be secret and you have to get to know someone else who can recommend you.  Good luck getting a good group.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Willow I'm glad the Java:coffee: Mud is warming you up, and hope your day continues to improve.

I know that Indiana is an Informed Consent State, however I have not checked into the Transgender Coverage.

My coffee is the usual, HOT, black and strong. The Bird Feeders are active so the cats are too.

Hugs,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

1 hour ago, Willow said:

@Erica Gabriel getting to a trans group that suits your needs can be very difficult, especially since most are secret groups.  I first joined one in Charleston SC, about 65 miles one way.  The moderator was ok.  The group was friendly enough.  But on average they were too young and discussion topics didn’t meet my needs.  That moderator got me into another group, 20 miles from home.  That group meeting was a real bummer.  Three members, the moderator, the secretary and one at large member, and TWO visitors.  So I met “S”. She and her wife invited my wife and I to meet them for lunch the next day.  We hit it off and talked for hours.  She got me into a therapist sponsored group in Wilmington NC.  Two hours from here.  That group was a fit and until Covid shut everything down I would go there most months.  My point is sometimes you have to look for a group that fits, and it may not be the closest group.  They can be hard to find because they tend to be secret and you have to get to know someone else who can recommend you.  Good luck getting a good group.

Willow

I found a skeleton crew meeting via zoom at the beginning of the year. There were no groups meeting in person so this one was on life support. literally. One of the ladies is in an assisted care facility but she really needs the connection and zoom works great. There’s no way for her to meet in person.. Usually only two or three others pop in once in a while, some from as far away as British Columbia. In fact I met one of the Canadians for coffee when she was in Portland for voice surgery. could never have done that without zoom either.

However they are starting to meet in person and a dozen showed up at an Elmers restaurant one evening a couple weeks ago. 

You’re right about the secrecy angle. I found out about this one by word of mouth.

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning Erica,

I live out north where the corn meets the city, and my closest LBGTQ group meeting is on the south side of the city. So my drive one way is 22 miles. I'm hoping it well attended and worth my drive.

Good morning Ürl, her kitty, kitty, kitty.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

I live in the burbs in a large metropolis Portland and Vancouver and it’s not uncommon to drive 30 miles cross town for appointments. I’m walking this morning in Washougal on the East side at 10am, then have to scoot back home, drop off my dog, and cross over the Columbia and head south of Portland for a harvest feast with I think a dozen trans folk. I’ll probably have to fill the gas tank on the way home!

Squeaky, Duchess and Percy say smile for the birdies! Here kitty kitty kitty!

Not sure how to chime in on support group meetings. When I was attending the Phoenix group in Asheville, NC

It was very rewarding. I attended around 12 meetings and met some really nice people.

I also attended one of the Bette Kappa chapter in Charlotte, NC meeting, it was geared a little different at least that day it was,

still I had a good time. It is the people you meet that make the drive and time worth it.

Betta Kappa trans girls meeting, I'm the little one on the far right.

Charlotte, NC. picture taken some 15+ years ago.

LM zk2011~12 The Betta Kappa Girls (Just me and the girls) 2005.jpg

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, LindaMarie said:

Betta Kappa trans girls meeting, I'm the little one on the far right.

Charlotte, NC. picture taken some 15+ years ago.

LM zk2011~12 The Betta Kappa Girls (Just me and the girls) 2005.jpg

Great pic LM! I bet you had some great times and have many good memories with these lovely ladies!

This was a new meet and greet that they’ve started at the Transgender Center if the Rockies. It was an hour drive for me in rush hour. They’ve zoom meetings too that I’ve attended, but in person is so much better. 

There’s Castle Rock Pride in my town that is fairly active. The biggest thing for me is my work schedule makes it difficult to attend there events.

I’ve come across several trans folks in my area but it is often the “you know that I know that you know I’m trans but let’s not acknowledge that” thing going on.  

Yay I went to my first trans group at the VA and there were only two of us, but I got to meet my first FtM person IRL and it was really cool, as well as both of us preferring to use "they" pronouns for the day. I wasn't feeling too girly.

Met with the Endo, blood work is cleared so will be getting my oil changed up as the magic pills arrive in mail in a few days. I complained to the doc I was suffering from testosterone poisoning and that got a laugh from her. The doc, she's lovely and everything I hoped for. So it begins!

13 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

There have only been a couple of times in my life where I experienced that kind of pain. I had a couple of bouts of kidney stones where the pain was so intense it made me puke. Also six months of chemo for colon cancer where the last month I felt like I was dying, probably because the chemo was literally killing me.

Other than that I’ve been truly blessed with a pain free life. I really don’t appreciate it as much as I should. 

hope your recovery continues and the pain continues to subside. 

13 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Got scheduled for my first surgery on Nov 30. A tracheal shave. Feeling a bit apprehensive. My first voice feminization lesson went really well. Practice saying “Meow said the cat”, “Here kitty kitty kitty” and “Ouch that hurt” in various pitches up to C4. This is fun!

I am planning to extend these sessions into singing lessons. The first song I want to master is “Hen wlad fy nhadau”, Welsh national anthem.

@AgnesBardsie bless your heart. Thank you so much, and I'm grateful you survived the ordeals you shared. I'm glad you're enjoying vocal training. I'm a singer, so I also enjoy learning about and practicing vocal techniques. I was just playing around with C4 to see what that felt like. For me, I feel the vibration just below the upper palate, like behind the uvula. I can't wait to hear your rendition of Hen wlad fy nhadau. 

9 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

@AgnesBardsie bless your heart. Thank you so much, and I'm grateful you survived the ordeals you shared. I'm glad you're enjoying vocal training. I'm a singer, so I also enjoy learning about and practicing vocal techniques. I was just playing around with C4 to see what that felt like. For me, I feel the vibration just below the upper palate, like behind the uvula. I can't wait to hear your rendition of Hen wlad fy nhadau. 

Coming out as a singer is going to be twice as hard as coming out as transgender!!!! LOL! 

I'm starting to pay attention to vibrations. It's really like learning a foreign language in a way. Do you feel vibrations for other notes in different parts of the head, mouth, nose, lips and throat? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

We (really just me) started renovating out kitchen. My partner picked out the colors for the floor and counter and then just left it up me to make it happen. I learned a valuable lesson about ordering tile on line. Every case was broken and useless. I was able to do an in-store return but had to travel four towns over to find a store that actually had it in stock. Since I refuse to have a lot of  building supplies piled up waiting to be used. I've made 6 runs to home improvement stores so far.

I've also been working on a 3d printed chainmail shirt. This go around I'm making a tank top with a design and some other neat things. From what I can tell (not that anyone will really know or care) it'll be the only one in the world. Hopefully it'll be done this week.