• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

She just casually replied “no, we’re married”.

That's an uplifting experience, it is fun to watch the reactions of people when they put two and two together.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Banner day for me, got gendered half correctly once and then correctly later on. 

Was dealing with an unreadable screen at a parking lot pay gate: "You're good, sir! Or ma'am?"

And waiting at a counter, "Are you being helped, Miss?" 

I could get used to this!

9 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

Oh dear me, I just found out I can pop the Christmas bulbs. Gosh it is more fun than popping those bubble wraps.

I'm having way too much fun with this lol

1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

Banner day for me, got gendered half correctly once and then correctly later on. 

Was dealing with an unreadable screen at a parking lot pay gate: "You're good, sir! Or ma'am?"

That's so wonderful! Hope it keeps up for you ❤️

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Yay!  I got a thrill from my wife and I being addressed as "ladies" in restaurants the first few dozen times it happened.  Okay, okay, I still get a thrill from it.  Enjoy!

10 hours ago, RhondaS said:

It's such a good feeling when this happens. I don't get misgendered much these days but still it makes my soul happy when I hear people using the correct pronouns and descriptors when talking about me.

17 hours ago, Davie said:

Good news! Got a great lab test result on my diabetes just now. It had gone up quite a bit due to many factors: stress, diet, exercise . . . stress. And with a  new plan and new meds, it's back down to (not exactly normal) but it's a great improvement for only three months and means no long-term problems from it. Long-term good news—give me more of that! Sigh.

hugs,

Davie

That's great news!🙂

11 hours ago, RhondaS said:

I'm happy for you. I'm still waiting for this.

22 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

When I got home last night my partner needed me to go with her to the dispensary. There’s some regulation that you have to have you ID on the counter when working with the associates. This was the first time we ever had them side by side. My partner noticed and commented about how we look pretty similar. The cashier overheard, stopped for a moment and also looked at the pictures. Without hesitation (probably because we have the same last name) he asked if we were sisters. She just casually replied “no, we’re married”. The poor guy looked so confused. 🤣🤣

:groupwavereversed::goodone:

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The second rush on the bird feeders has started. The fog here was so heavy this morning you could barely see the the most distant feeder, and you surely couldn't see across the street. It has lifted now.

The coffee is HOT, black, strong, and has a mixer in it. Eggnog and Tullamore Dew. NO POWER TOOLS TODAY.

I hope everyone has the best day they can today.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

53 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

NO POWER TOOLS TODAY

I'll make up for it. I'll be using a lot of power tools today it's day 3 of my kitchen remodel.

13 hours ago, RhondaS said:

That's great @RhondaS

A funny story. On Thanksgiving Day, my husband and I took our two pups for a walk. We encountered a utility worker who was getting some equipment out of his truck. I said, "happy Thanksgiving." He said, "thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to you, ma'am." I stiffened and cringed reflexively, but replied, "thank you." Then, he pointed to our female husky (who, by the way, is very queenly in appearance) and commented, "he's a beautiful dog." It actually made me feel a lot better that he misgendered me AND our husky, lol. In my mind I decided he must have gender dyslexia, and it amused me. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

day 3 of my kitchen remodel.

Girls with hammers, have nothing on a girl with electric, and air operated power tools.

Safety glasses, and gloves,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

38 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Girls with hammers, have nothing on a girl with electric, and air operated power tools.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Rock it, girl! MORE POWER!!

• Forum Moderator

Bring on the hydraulic power.  Sitting on the backhoe slight finger movements push rocks aside and open trenches.  After a lifetime of building i enjoy what this old transgender woman can still do.

Hugs,

Charlize

3 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

In the garden this morning. Atala butterfly symmetry.

They're so beautiful.

2 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Safety first! I don't want to break a nail.

• Forum Moderator

OK, while I didn't use any power tools. I pretty much got the remote start put in the wife's car. I still need to do the door locks and the hood pin.

Speaking of air power tools. I got myself a couple of Xmas presents already. I picked up a Warn 10K winch w/synthetic rope. I also picked up a ARB dual air compressor.  All I will need is  an air tank and I can finally use my neglected power tools. Ones I haven't used in 12 or so years.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Charlize said:

Bring on the hydraulic power.  Sitting on the backhoe slight finger movements push rocks aside and open trenches.  After a lifetime of building i enjoy what this old transgender woman can still do.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hugs🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋🚜

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

OK, while I didn't use any power tools. I pretty much got the remote start put in the wife's car. I still need to do the door locks and the hood pin.

Speaking of air power tools. I got myself a couple of Xmas presents already. I picked up a Warn 10K winch w/synthetic rope. I also picked up a ARB dual air compressor.  All I will need is  an air tank and I can finally use my neglected power tools. Ones I haven't used in 12 or so years.

Hugs

Kymmie

Yeah! 

• Forum Moderator

Hi, 

it’s been a very stress filled day. We got to the airport only to discover something went wrong with our tickets.  So we still made it to Atlanta only to get stuck here.  We are finally leaving here at 11pm instead of our expected 3pm. 

we won’t get to our hotel until after 1am. At least we don’t have to be out until 11am. Next is boarding the ship at 2pm. Finally we can relax.  

Last time my wife and I went out, we got ladies and mame’d all over.  That is nice

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

haven't made any coffee yet.  I’m still half asleep.  Yesterday was a very stressful day.  If it could go wrong, it did.  I had wanted to drive from home to here.  But my son convinced me to use my flight benefits.  Even said we could purchase a deeply discounted ticket so we weren’t on standby.  So I agreed. Big mistake!  Something went wrong right from the start and the ticket purchase was never finalized. We get to the airport and I can’t check in. Finally got on a standby list.  Got to Atlanta where we had to change planes.  That’s where everything blew up.  We did eventually did get to Fort Lauderdale, at 2am.

But, today will be better, stress free.  Nothing will go wrong!  (Affirmations)

@KymmieL i think you hit the nail square, you (we) often don’t care to put ourselves first.  We need a social life and put that ahead of our own needs.  I know I do that too.  I’d rather keep switching male/female and keep an even keel on the home front than do what’s best for me.

see y’all in a week.

willow

• Forum Moderator

Have a great time Willow.  Hope you get to enjoy the beach.

Hugs,

Charlize