• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good afternoon everyone. Today is my 69th birthday. Brought coffee ☕️ and cake 🎂 for you all. Before I retired 3 years ago I always brought treats to work for my birthday. No reason to stop now for my new friends. 🥰

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Good afternoon everyone. Today is my 69th birthday. Brought coffee ☕️ and cake 🎂 for you all. Before I retired 3 years ago I always brought treats to work for my birthday. No reason to stop now for my new friends. 🥰

Happy Birthday @Jamie68

I'm having a late afternoon coffee, because the weather has really turned here and the temperatures are dropping.

18 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Happy birthday @Jamie68

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Happy Birthday.

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

That’s a right Hobbity thing to do! I think they call that an ambidrone, where you turn it upside down and it still says the same thing! Happy birthday 🎂 

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Have a very happy birthday!

• Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday Jamie. Hope you have a great day.

Other than false ones. Anyone know how to strengthen finger nails? How's a girl to have nice pretty nail when they are breaking all the time. 

Kymmie 

The surgeon's report for my laryngochondroplasty was posted to my chart today. I pored through it eagerly relishing the details of every blade stroke, and looking up some of the medical jargon. I was feeling pretty good until I got to the part where it said "Prominent thyroid notch. Removed this to just above Montgomery's tubercle. Minimal to no prominence with skin redraping." Wait, what? I looked up Montgomery's tubercle. Dr Google says it's the goosebumps that surround the nipple on the areola! There must be two Montgomery's who were pretty hot back in the day and got a body part named after them, cuz there's no way they scraped cartilage all the way down my breastbone! LOL

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Other than false ones. Anyone know how to strengthen finger nails? How's a girl to have nice pretty nail when they are breaking all the time. 

Kymmie 

I take Glucosamine daily. Also, I wear gloves when using detergents. Rub lotion or oil into the nails so don't dry out. Good luck and Happy Birthday, Jamie.  

—Davie

13 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie 

Take biotin. It also helps with hair growth and strength.  Other than that, welcome to the challenges all women face.  Growing up pretending to be men, we use our hands differently, without much care for our nails so you have decades of muscle memory to change in order to protect them.  I do acrylics because they are like Wolverine's claws- damn near unbreakable.  My nail tech gets so frustrated with me because I tell her I want them really short ( I can't get use to long nails- to restrictive). I tell her I just don't want to have to constantly "fix" them from all the work my hands tend to do without regard to my manicures lol.

She sees it as a waste. lol.  "don't you want them to be pretty" she always says.  

I also like them because I use to have a habit of chewing my nails and you can't do that with acrylics. At least not easily. lol

• Forum Moderator
3 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

My nail tech gets so frustrated with me because I tell her I want them really short ( I can't get use to long nails- to restrictive). I tell her I just don't want to have to constantly "fix" them from all the work my hands tend to do without regard to my manicures lol.

I tell people I need to keep my nails short because I'm really, really gay. They stop asking after that.

Hugs!

10 hours ago, Jandi said:

Weird.

It is kind of weird. I’ve tried googling Montgomery’s tubercles in the context of the trachea but can’t find anything. There are other tubercles named after someone whose name begins with a Z. I’ll ask the surgeon next week in my postop who wrote the report!

Weird, indeed. I swear, Doctor Speak is designed to be confusing, illegible or both!

10 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Weird, indeed. I swear, Doctor Speak is designed to be confusing, illegible or both!

I found it fascinating to read about how they pulled this muscle aside and cauterized that thingy and tattooed something else to mark the limits and then used a #15 blade to make an incision. OHSU is a teaching hospital and they had a resident helping the surgeon. I’m not sure exactly what his role was. Maybe he wrote the report? They were both MDs. OHSU called me a couple of weeks ago and said the procedure cost $21,000 but not to worry, my copay was only $300. 

13 minutes ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I found it fascinating to read about how they pulled this muscle aside and cauterized that thingy and tattooed something else to mark the limits and then used a #15 blade to make an incision. OHSU is a teaching hospital and they had a resident helping the surgeon. I’m not sure exactly what his role was. Maybe he wrote the report? They were both MDs. OHSU called me a couple of weeks ago and said the procedure cost $21,000 but not to worry, my copay was only $300. 

Reports are dictated and then transcribed. Left over from the days where Dr's handwriting was a required course lol.  Lots of room for error with transcription

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I tell people I need to keep my nails short because I'm really, really gay. They stop asking after that.

Hugs!

Back in January I finally succumbed to a n overwhelming urge to paint my nails and walked around the house with them for a couple of days before my middle daughter did a double take on them. Which was the launching pad for my introduction to my family as Agnes. I kept them painted for a couple of months. But then I started looking at womens hands and noticed that a great many didn’t bother to paint them or did so only for special occasions. It really is a lot of work to maintain the exterior. It’s not like I need to attract a mate or something. It’s mostly to feel pretty for myself. Aside from some big male tells like facial hair, Adam’s apple, and bushy eyebrows which can be fixed, I’m more concerned about the inner woman and feeding and nurturing her at this stage.

15 hours ago, KymmieL said:

My secret is to keep them short.  Nails can be pretty without beig long, especially if you paint them.  I cannot stand having long nails, because I'm always in the kitchen and I hate the thought of gunk getting under my nails from food handling, or even worse: gunk from my nails getting into my food!

Happy birthday, @Jamie68!

44 minutes ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Back in January I finally succumbed to a n overwhelming urge to paint my nails and walked around the house with them for a couple of days before my middle daughter did a double take on them. Which was the launching pad for my introduction to my family as Agnes. I kept them painted for a couple of months. But then I started looking at womens hands and noticed that a great many didn’t bother to paint them or did so only for special occasions. It really is a lot of work to maintain the exterior. It’s not like I need to attract a mate or something. It’s mostly to feel pretty for myself. Aside from some big male tells like facial hair, Adam’s apple, and bushy eyebrows which can be fixed, I’m more concerned about the inner woman and feeding and nurturing her at this stage.

I was told that painted nails is really bad for them. I noticed that mine were turning yellowish brown after a while. I only paint them for special occasions now. 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a good day. Wife hasn't been well lately so I made my own cake and dinner.I was able to fix them just how I like it. 🙂