• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Jury duty over. Perps pleaded to a plea bargain.

Cold here, but I'm in my happy dress today and coffee was good(at home)

Wife ruined my cat last night. She was down here and put cat tv on the computer.

Poor cat couldn't figure out where the birds and mice came from, and where did they go?

LM

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

High winds out of the North are cooling down the temperatures here in central Indiana. It was in the teens this morning, so I'm grateful for the little wood stove in my garage. Working on an all aluminum training prop, and trying to get vinyl logos to adhere to it requires everything to be above 65°F. The prop pictured is a Propane/Anhydrous Ammonia Transport Tank or MC-331.

The coffee was the usual HOT, strong, and black.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG

Missing another day of work for my partner. We were supposed to go meet with the transplant team today but there's this small detail that she can't smoke for 4 month before they'll meet with her so it's being put off for yet another 4 months. This is assuming she quits within the next day or two. My goal today is to have a serious sit-down talk with her about what she wants. If she wants to throw in the towel and live the few years she has left as-is or go through the process and risks to get new lungs to gain a few additional years. Either way I'll love and supports her but her half-a** attempts aren't getting us anywhere.

Other than that that, I'm already tired and thinking about a nap. Maybe later I'll get my tool and work on our kitchen, still have a lot of work to do. Being sick with I'm now referring to as "Mock Covid" really knocked me on my butt and stole my motivation to get it done.

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that @Elizabeth Star. The transplant team has the right of it though, she won't quit until she wants to quit. I've seen WAY too many people smoke themselves into the grave saying, "One more won't hurt."

Big hugs sweetie. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love self-destruct. May you and your spouse find the conviction and strength to walk the best path for both of you.

My wife again left me with this today.....cat sitting...

She said it was national cat day.

I ask where?

She says some where,

la de da and walks off.

I'm sitting here thinking,

better than jury duty...

❤️

Cat1.jpg

Cat2.jpg

Cat3.jpg

Cat4.jpg

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Missing another day of work for my partner. We were supposed to go meet with the transplant team today but there's this small detail that she can't smoke for 4 month before they'll meet with her so it's being put off for yet another 4 months. This is assuming she quits within the next day or two. My goal today is to have a serious sit-down talk with her about what she wants. If she wants to throw in the towel and live the few years she has left as-is or go through the process and risks to get new lungs to gain a few additional years. Either way I'll love and supports her but her half-a** attempts aren't getting us anywhere.

Other than that that, I'm already tired and thinking about a nap. Maybe later I'll get my tool and work on our kitchen, still have a lot of work to do. Being sick with I'm now referring to as "Mock Covid" really knocked me on my butt and stole my motivation to get it done.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully she'll quit smoking. My Dad died from emphazima. He had quit smoking, but too late. My Mom didn't quit, so he got second hand smoke 😒

🙏wish you well 

12 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

My Dad died from emphazima. He had quit smoking, but too late.

Mine as well.   And then he worked in textile plants also - lot of dust.

Quitting smoking is hard.  It was one of the hardest things I've had to do.  

Lizzy, I hope your wife will do it.  It's worth it.

• Forum Moderator

I hope your wife listens when you speak to her Lizzy.  It is her decision though.

LindaMarie, My cat will sit with me but not to hold her.  Plus the cat hair would drive me crazy. 

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Being sick with I'm now referring to as "Mock Covid" really knocked me on my butt and stole my motivation to get it done.

Lizzy, I’m sorry your partner is not taking her need for a transplant, as reason enough to quit smoking. It’s totally up to her to meet the requirements of the transplant team. Nothing you can do will motivate her if she doesn’t care. My best friend and kidney recipient quit smoking and drinking alcohol as soon as we were approved as a perfect match. We had our surgery on April 4th, 2008. He seen his kids grow graduate high school and college, get married and have children of their own. We’re the two oldest people in our families. Transplants work and the recipient usually has a huge improvement in their quality of life. 

Now as for how you feel about your mock Covid. I was down bed ridden for two weeks, and week as a kitten for two months. Take care yourself, listen to your body, and don’t over do it. 

Hugs, 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Liz,

I am sorry to hear your problems.  And feeling as your are it doesn’t help.  Don’t over tax yourself, physically or mentally.  You can’t help anyone if you can’t help yourself.

I tried to to get my mother to quit.  I too had limited success.  She’d quit and start again.  I gave up.  I’m not suggesting you should but I agree with you sitting down with her and letting her tell you what she wants.  

Willow

I ended up not doing much of anything yesterday. Did a little cleaning, watched a movie and napped a lot. I did not talk with my partner. I feel I'm procrastinating. I hate it when I procrastinate. It reminds me of someone I used to be.

Another 60 hour week at work, covering for coworker in quarantine. Plus side I won't have to dip as much into savings for tracheal shave in a few weeks. I should have an extra paycheck just from OT.

I have groceries to buy, laundry piled up and a cat to attend to. Being single, if I don't do it, it don't get done.

So if I ramble, i'm tired.

• Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Being sick with I'm now referring to as "Mock Covid" really knocked me on my butt

I am stealing that, if you don't mind!  It's the easiest way to describe it.

I am sorry that your wife isn't willing to address her own health needs.  It's her life, but that puts so much stress on you.  Hugs.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Wife and I are getting cabin fever.  Stuck in the cramped confines of the boat.  Can’t go anywhere because of Covid to escape.  I have decided I’m going to group Friday. That will get me away for7 hours.  But that doesn’t help her.  (Why 7 hours? It’s over 2 hours each way, I try to get there early to give myself some extra time, the meeting lasts 90 minutes but always runs over.)

i am trying to buy a new Keurig.  But internet here is so bad I can’t get it to go through.  Maybe it’s telling me I don’t need it.  We can get by with what we have.  Guess I’ll stop trying.  

Speaking of coffee, Sumatra Dark Roast is on the menu.  I like to change from time to time but that’s on the menu for the next 12 days.

lots of talk about cats lately.  Sorry ladies but cats and i don’t have a good relationship.  I like and get along with all pets.  I even got one of my sisters love birds to sit on my finger when they wouldn’t sit on hers.  She even said it was the more skiddish one.  The thing about cats is I am allergic to cat dander.  Otherwise the ones I’ve been around seemed to like me and I didn’t dislike them, I just couldn’t deal with the dander.

we only got the dog because of our granddaughter.  She liked it when they brought a dog into her room at the hospital.  Then turned out she didn’t like it because it would jump on her and kiss her.  The dog is very friendly, obedient except I can’t break her of jumping up on people.  We’ve decided when her time comes, no more pets.  It puts a road block in traveling for sure and we want to travel.

Guess that’s all I’ve got.  Hope everyone’s day is a good one.  Be careful if you are getting hit with the latest winter storm.

Willow

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I ended up not doing much of anything yesterday. Did a little cleaning, watched a movie and napped a lot. I did not talk with my partner. I feel I'm procrastinating. I hate it when I procrastinate. It reminds me of someone I used to be.

This has been me since before the holidays. Been down in the dumps. A lot of it is seeing my wife being ill so much this season.I decided last night to just get off my arse and get to work. 

Had to go to Walmart yesterday, 12 degrees plus strong wind. Was wearing workout attire, ankle socks, exposed ankles because I didn't have any womens boots. I bought some while shopping. I love these for $20. A little tight. A half size smaller than normal.

Have a great day everyone.❤️

Muk Luk down.jpg

Muk Luk up.jpg

On 1/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, Teri Anne said:

The whole pronoun thing is a mystery to me and why some trans people get so hung up over them.

I present female 24/7 so why even bother with the she/her thing its pretty obvious.

I would like to know why people think they need the pronouns ?

I have always been curious about that but when I ask on forums it seems the haters come out and I get called a lot of bad names for even asking.

Hopefully this is a more mature group and I can get an answer without being called some really horrible names.

Sorry about bringing this subject back. I just came across this today. It pretty much describes me.

It's titled "Why passing matters" by Alexis Moon 1-4-22

Why passing matters.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It's 13° outside, the bird feeders are active, and the cats love it. The gas company also loves it too, as the furnace cycles on. We still haven't had anything more than a dusting of snow this season, and I'm afraid the other shoe is going to drop before I can buy us a new snow blower. The 25 year old one we had finally shot craps.

The coffee is good, Hot, strong and black,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Cabin fever. When I built our house I went with a full basement.

We lived in a mobile home before that along with our 2 children, tons of

cabin fever back then.

Cats got their treats this morning, wife had her tea and coffee for me.

Problems I have faced. I was once told I had a problem.

I had to explain that when one goes to a shoe store they buy a pair of shoes.

So What's the problem?

Today22B.jpg

LM g 2011~12 Puss and Boots (got shoes).jpg

LM zi 2011~12 Got shoes (Girls love shoe shopping) 2008.jpg

Jamie I know passing matters to some and others just don't care.

I worried about passing so much it took me over a year to actually walk out the door dressed and that was at night walking to the mailbox.

Went 24/7 and its been my normal for a long time for over 20 years.

Do I pass you might ask?  I get called ma'am 99% of the time so I guess most of the time I do. Worrying about it wouldn't change anything.

Yes passing can be tricky.

I thought my earrings passed as fancy acorns. Then my friend whispered to me ....

they look like fancy scrotum eggs.

🥴

Today22C.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon 

today was a busy day.  Lunch at our favorite pizza place.  Then we went to on bank to take care of some business.  Then we went to the bank that will be loaning us funds for our new home to sign some paperwork for the loan officer.  With no internet and no scanner I can’t do it from the boat electronically I have to go to them and deliver or sign papers.  Finally we went to the new condo to see what is happening.  In some regards, I was pleasantly surprised in others, same old excuses.

Siding appears done, The roof is shingled, exterior trim is up.  Doors and windows have been done.  I can’t see it but I’m told all rough in is done, drywall is up. Street is nearly ready to be paved.  They are working on interior trim,  paint after that, cabinets, plumbing and electrical and all the usual finishing touches.  Of course one difficulty is they have to finish 18 units before anyone can be occupied.  The building that was supposed to be done last summer is still being worked on.

so who knows how much longer we’ll be in the boat.  The builder is blaming the county for the most recent delays in that building.

bought a book today.  Written, or consolidated by a friend of mine.  I hope to see her at group tomorrow.

Willow

I guess a busy day (sorta) for me.

Cat made me get up at 04:30 to let her out.  That was mean.  Went back to bed.

Finally did get up, this time because I wanted to.  

Baked some bread that had been rising overnight.

Had some for breakfast.

Had coffee and doom-scrolled for a bit.

Fixed a sandwich.

Looked in the well and saw that the recent rain has brought the watertable up enough so the foot valve is submerged at last.   Went up under the house and got the pump running again.   (sometimes a mysterious process).   Now I can get water without a bucket and rope - nice.

Then, I got so ambitious that I cleaned the ashes out of the heater.

And on top of all this, got a little bit of writing and reading done.

Fixed some dinner and here I am trying to decide whether to waste the rest of the night on YouTube.

Big day here.

Hope y'all had a good one.