• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

So any way I was asked this about the so called deal, Linda, how in the world did you "hold out"?

My reply was, well kind of embarrassing, but true. So here goes, I was wearing my Wonder Woman panties.

BTW, I'm no fool, I'm holding out, money talks.

LM. 

Today30B.jpg

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wife,son and I were busy,shopped for new clothes.My son loves wearing girl's jeans,more comfortable.Wife and I support him on this.We bought him 3 more pairs of girl's jeans.At 15 years old,he discovered this a year ago

• Forum Moderator

Well, it’s been very windy and that. makes it very noisy.  They said th rain would begin after 1am and the leading edge of the first band is about 12 miles south and closing fast.   Closest snow isn’t a couple stared NW but it’s coming to SC too.  Calling for up to 20 inches in the mountains  that’s enough to shut down those roads around here until.it melts.  @LindaMarie I presume you are about to get snowed in too.   Dry pretty lots, I don’t blame you at all for hanging on to them.  

Soon to be wet, Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

well, the rain, ice or snow has begun.  For us it should remain as rain all day.  The wind kept me up most of the night.  TV antenna is down.  I will have to fix that later.  I just have it clamped to a flag halyard and rigged to use a cable stay so it doesn’t swing and bang.  It came loose from the cable.  Then I’ll check for any other wind damage.  

@LindaMarie I hope you are ok in your mountain home.  

So, we went shopping yesterday.  First we went to a restaurant I knew my wife would want.  I didn’t ask or say anything just went there. She says to me, I was hoping you’d come here.  Between us we bought some new tops, and Hugs brand leggings.

Then to a home improvement store where we bought an inexpensive medicine cabinet mostly for the mirror.  Now the question is do I hang the box or just the mirror. We will see later today.

Plan for today, stay dry, as much as possible, find and fix water leak.  Finish running new power lint to the helm.  I already have it inside so I’m dry.  The only thing that requires me to get wet is the stupid antenna.

Be safe if you have been or will be caught in this storm.

Hugs

Willow

Good morning all. @Willow Thanks, we got 4 inches so far and still coming down.

Hope all is good your way.

Not much else going on, just the white stuff falling from the sky.

20220116_085031.jpg

20220116_085104.jpg

20220116_085113.jpg

20220116_085205.jpg

20220116_085210.jpg

20220116_085256.jpg

20220116_085314.jpg

This one brings back a night mare. Last time we got snow like this I

was up on the roof cleaning the dish for the wife.

I fell from the roof hit the drive way. Broke 7 ribs, broke my back in 2 places, crushed my chest.

I've never been up there again.

20220116_093247.jpg

Had a belated Christmas dinner at my BIL's new house last night. It went good. I'm not sure why he needed to buy a 3br 2.5 bath house for just himself and his GF that lives there part-time but whatever makes him happy. The gifts were small and well thought out which was a welcomed relief. In past years it felt like everyone was competing to see who could spend the most money. I'm a simple girl and was a little over excited about a reusable makeup eraser cloth I received. It effortlessly removes makeup using just water.

My partner on the other hand isn't doing too good. I think her health is taking a downward turn.  She was up late on Friday and up for while early Saturday morning. I had woken up around 5am with really bad stomach cramps. They were unlike anything I had ever felt before. Anyways....she went back to sleep. Her breathing sounded intermittent and labored. We had to leave around 4pm so I started trying to get her out of bed around 2. It was quit the struggle as she kept trying to circle back bed instead of getting ready.  She slept the whole (30 minute) ride to her brother's hose despite me playing MY music. Once there, she crashed-out on his couch until it was time to go. Slept again on the way home and then went straight to bed. Another thing that's got me thinking thing are getting bad is that hasn't had a cigarette in over 24 hours. I know she still smokes since she asked to me go grab them for her when we were leaving.

My emotions are precariously perched for time being but things could turn around and get better for her.

@Elizabeth Star, I'm sorry your partner is not doing as well as you would hope. It can be very difficult to watch a loved one's health deteriorate. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Hi just a quick note on weather. Friday we got hit with a "weather bomb", snow and lots of it. 30 cm (15 inches)  which started out just around freezing temps but quickly changed to snow with strong winds. By late evening it was snowing heavily, turned bitterly cold, and very windy. Temp by then was minus 12C (10 F) with a wind minus 24 or so. Saturday morning it had dropped to minus to minus 20 (-5F )with wind chill of -34 (-20F ). 

Trying to cleared all that snow was a real job for me. Kept losing my breath the wind taking it away with me having COPD but little by little ( and being stubborn to git it done ) got most cleared. I will finish when it warms a little. 😄

So ready for a nice warm day.  👍

@Elizabeth Stargood wishes for your partner and for you to stay strong my dear. 🫂❤️

Big Canadian Hugs

Joni Steph

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

My partner on the other hand isn't doing too good. I think her health is taking a downward turn.  She was up late on Friday and up for while early Saturday morning. I had woken up around 5am with really bad stomach cramps. They were unlike anything I had ever felt before. Anyways....she went back to sleep. Her breathing sounded intermittent and labored. We had to leave around 4pm so I started trying to get her out of bed around 2. It was quit the struggle as she kept trying to circle back bed instead of getting ready.  She slept the whole (30 minute) ride to her brother's hose despite me playing MY music. Once there, she crashed-out on his couch until it was time to go. Slept again on the way home and then went straight to bed. Another thing that's got me thinking thing are getting bad is that hasn't had a cigarette in over 24 hours. I know she still smokes since she asked to me go grab them for her when we were leaving.

Sorry to hear this. Hope things get better.❤️

Thanks everyone. Things got a lot worse. Although she was breathing she was unresponsive.  I ended up calling an ambulance. I was able to go to the hospital and give them her information. As of an hour ago there was no update. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi

we made it through.  Couple of leaks I wasn’t expecting.  A port hole wasn’t screwed down tight enough and our main hatch always leaks but it was a bigger leak than normal.

we did some cleaning and reorganization. Up side we have a bit of free space, bad news, I can’t stretch out.

@Elizabeth Star  I’m sorry your partner is worse.  I hope she gets better and sees the light to quit.

@LindaMarie your snow looks pretty, but I’m glad I haven’t had to clear snow for 5 years.  We used to live in the Shenandoah Valley.  Blue Ridge on one side and Appalachian on the other.  We could get lots of snow especially when the conditions were like they are today.  I actually think we are done with the rain but definitely not done with the wind.  I can see breaks in the clouds.

Willow

I got an update on my partner a little while ago. I was able to get our pcp involved so at least I'm getting straight answers. She has sever pneumonia, high fever and some sort of viral infection. They did have to put her a respirator. I was also told that due to Covid I'm not allowed to visit her and she will most likely be there for a few weeks but also there is a chance, due to her underlying health issue, she won't recover. So far, for me, it hasn't entirely sunk in yet so I'm doing OK. I don't know what I'd do without her. I know we've been fighting a lot lately and I've been praying for it to end but like this...not like this.😭

• Forum Moderator

Oh, I am so sorry that your wife is going through this, @Elizabeth Star.  I know things have been rough for you lately, but no one wants this.  Hang in there, do what you have to do, and know that you can lean on any of us for help.

Well peoples, me again. Sorry to keep bothering you all, but it was snowing out,

and well now you are stuck with my new video.

I had this bag lady thing going on in my head. 

Love ya's

• Forum Moderator

Oh my @Elizabeth Star my heart is breaking for you and your partner. 🙏🏼💔🙏🏼

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Sorry to butt in again. Liz, I wish you and your partner the best.

I nearly lost my wife 2 times do to her physical being. 

So I did this vid on bottled lives.

I really have not much to do but practice, 

and I do plan an Asheville trip. 

LM.

• Forum Moderator

Liz, I hope your partner is doing. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I know even with the rough patches you two have had. I know you still care. With all the covid crap and everything, I would think that a hospital would look at a spouse being able to be with their SO. especially in these cases.

All of you in the East can have the white crap and cold weather, I am so done with it. But I know that I still have a few more months of it. As long as I have some nice weather before and in mid May. I have things I need to do to the wagon to get her ready for the road trip to Bowling Green, KY.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I got an update on my partner a little while ago. I was able to get our pcp involved so at least I'm getting straight answers. She has sever pneumonia, high fever and some sort of viral infection. They did have to put her a respirator. I was also told that due to Covid I'm not allowed to visit her and she will most likely be there for a few weeks but also there is a chance, due to her underlying health issue, she won't recover. So far, for me, it hasn't entirely sunk in yet so I'm doing OK. I don't know what I'd do without her. I know we've been fighting a lot lately and I've been praying for it to end but like this...not like this.😭

It's a horrible feeling seeing the one you love, your soul mate in such a state, and knowing there is nothing you can do to help but pray. My prayers are with both you and your wife. ❤️

Liz, like many before me my thoughts are with you as you navigate this. It's got to be hard to watch her health go down hill the last years but it's got to be even doubly hard to NOT watch while she is in isolation in an ICU. My heart breaks for you. Even if people are fighting, it doesn't mean they don't care or love each other, it just means there are things that are challenging each of you as a couple. Try not to worry about the fights, or feel guilty about them. It certainly seems like those were not at all you doing anyways. From a former kids ICU RN- call in to the nurses station for a report around 6am. The night nurses are usually just doing some last paperwork before the day shift comes in. Ask what the plan is for the day.  Then call back around 9-10am. They should have had the medical team rounds by then and the nurses typically have a little lull in the med schedule around then so you have a better chance of catching your nurse for a report on what the doctors said and planned during rounds. The RNs are used to this with Covis over the last 2 years. If possible, you can usually go to a 'meeting room" or waiting area outside of the ICU  and a nurse or doctor can fill you in there. Ask for zoom meetings, sometimes a nurse can do that so you can listen in on rounds and ask questions. 

Hugs

One of the nurses called me a few minutes ago and I have an update on my partner. She was moved a few hours ago to ICU, is sedated and still on a ventilator. Apparently her potassium levels are extremely high and her kidneys are not functioning properly so for now she's on a sodium bicarb drip. The nurse told me he will call if anything changes overnight and will give me an update again in the early morning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)

• AllieJ
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Vidanjali
    • MaeBe
    • marysssia
    • VickySGV
    • KathyLauren