• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning all.  Or rather good afternoon here.  I'm on my third cup of coffee before I head out to work.  I only have to work two hours today so it's not so bad.  We've had pesky on - off snow showers all morning.  It's not really sticking though so that's not too bad.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, LindaMarie said:

@Willow This is a Comfort Glow QDE 1320. Remote control also. Tipping safety switch, 3 infrared quartz bulbs

and fan driven. It is one of the best little heaters I've ever owned.

Cost $120.00, you've seen the pictures of my office, this little jewel will fry you out.

20220118_115541.jpg

A big part of my problem is I only have 30 amps to spread between the heater, the refrigerator, the VERY important coffee pot and everything else that uses AC.  The tiny propane heater at 700 btu will roast you.  When I got up the electric heater was cranking but the place was only 60.  I turned on the propane and it was 72 in no time.  It is rated for indoor use.  Has all the tip over shut offs and a CO detector shutoff.  But I am leery to run it when I’m asleep.  Also since it is either on or off it would be a sauna in here.  

did our shopping today.  Came back with extra stuff.  (Shouldn’t shop on an empty stomach). Then we had to find places to put it all.  Oops!

The boat actually has a lot of storage.  Unfortunately a lot of it is taken with things that aren’t food.  One whole side is an 80 gallon water tank. The seat in front of the sail locker is taken up with an air conditioner. Under the third seat is full of tools and spare parts.  That would normally have minimal tools and parts but be full of canned food.  There is always the bilge but I’m still locating and fixing water leaking into the bilge.

speaking of fixing, I’ve got some indoor work to do.  I’ll check back later.

Willow

3 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

@Willow This is a Comfort Glow QDE 1320. Remote control also. Tipping safety switch, 3 infrared quartz bulbs

and fan driven. It is one of the best little heaters I've ever owned.

Cost $120.00, you've seen the pictures of my office, this little jewel will fry you out.

20220118_115541.jpg

I'm kinda partial to the oil filled radiator ones. Don't have to worry much about someone dropping clothes too close to it. Takes a long time to heat up a room, but it stays warm real well. 

Good afternoon! The coffee was almost as good as sleeping in my own bed after 4 days of traveling. Lol. And I must admit I have done nothing but sit on the couch and binge NCIS. I’ll get more active later… tomorrow. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi, I found and fixed another water leak.  It’s all been at joints between hoses and fixtures. Loose clamps. Stuff like that. I also installed a medicine cabinet over the sink in the head.  I did it for the mirror but there other advantages.  

not too happy with our local weatherman.  He seems to be zeroing in on ,

”article temperatures.” and ice storm Friday and Saturday.  I think he needs to go back to weather school and learn how to not predict winter weather for here.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Willow said:

The seat in front of the sail locker is taken up with an air conditioner.

An air conditioner?  On a sailboat.  Wow.

For weather I like Weather Underground since it links to the National Weather Service but also shows actual weather as reported on nearby local home weather stations.  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Yes, an air conditioner.  It uses water, not air as a heat transfer median. Why? Well it gets hot in the south and you can’t sail everyday.  So when you are at anchor or tied up to a dock, rather than sweltering it’s nice to have an air conditioner.  I actually took it off another sail boat that I was salvaging.  Since it uses water, it’s a lot more efficient than your typical home ac.  

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Willow said:

not too happy with our local weatherman.  He seems to be zeroing in on ,

”article temperatures.” and ice storm Friday and Saturday.  I think he needs to go back to weather school and learn how to not predict winter weather for here.

One of the only professions  where you can be wrong half the time and still keep your job. Most anymore just read the computer, don't really do any meteorology.

Kymmie

8 hours ago, Willow said:

Yes, an air conditioner.  It uses water, not air as a heat transfer median. Why? Well it gets hot in the south and you can’t sail everyday.  So when you are at anchor or tied up to a dock, rather than sweltering it’s nice to have an air conditioner.  I actually took it off another sail boat that I was salvaging.  Since it uses water, it’s a lot more efficient than your typical home ac.  

I can imagine that it works like a radiator or chiller. It either runs water through it or over it with a fan blowing air past it to cool you. If the water your boat is in is clean enough, you could use it. Doesn't it keep at a pretty constant temp?

Good morning ya’ll. I volunteered to work my scheduled day off yesterday. The Mail Gawds conspired to make it the heaviest mail and parcel volume day we’ve ever seen. I worked a measly 13 hours. Think of the paycheck, right? 

7 hours ago, KymmieL said:

One of the only professions  where you can be wrong half the time and still keep your job. Most anymore just read the computer, don't really do any meteorology.

Kymmie

Yes it is. The only other profession where you can have an even lower winning percentage is left handed starting pitching.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

couple last things about the boat ac, water coming in goes through a strainer so it doesn’t clog anything.  It’s drawn in by a pump Then it acts essentially like a radiator (really a heat exchange) and finally exits the boat above the waterline.  It uses Freon with a compressor, gets cooled then expands in the air stream. A blower takes in the air at the unit and after chilling discharges it wherever you duct it too..   sorry if I mansplained.  I’m told I do that.

today is supposed to be the nice day of the week then down hill from here.  Winter storm watch has been issued. 🤬.   I am praying that no news is good news.

not much else to share unless you want to help with laundry.

Willow

On 1/18/2022 at 7:18 AM, Erica Gabriel said:

I think it's due to HIPPA regulations. It's still frustrating and disrespectful.

I happened to me and ex wife even when I was in guy mode-legally married but different last name. It's a hippa thing. 

• Forum Moderator

I just hope everything is going well for @Elizabeth Star We haven't heard from her in a couple days. Prayer for her still.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star I hope you can feel the hope and compassion we all have for you and your partner. 

Thank you for the updates. 

Hugs, 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Nothing new to report about my partner. I thought I posted something earlier but I don't see it. Maybe I forgot to hit submit. Probably for the better. I had to vent a little. I am losing faith in doctors being honest. Today I was told that her liver started working a little. That's nice, why didn't anyone tell me that it wasn't working? It was the same way I found out about her kidneys. They started working, a little bit. Totally after the fact.

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star thank you for the update.  We are all with you in spirit and can feel your pain on some level.  I’ll keep praying for you and your partner.

sorry the doctors haven’t kept you fully informed,  I’ve had that experience too and it’s very upsetting.

sending hugs and love to you

Willow

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

why didn't anyone tell me that it wasn't working? It was the same way I found out about her kidneys. They started working, a little bit. Totally after the fact.

My wife constantly getting that with her doctors. Are they all afraid that you can't take the bad news? Personally, I would rather know so I can prepare or just maybe come up with a fix.❤️

26 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

This is just too good. 🤣😂

After this sinks in for a little while, I find that it's really not funny. There's really nothing funny about being "trans".

Mostly pain for us, and anyone around us. I guess some people make light of this so they don't cry. How many times have I made fun of gays and trans when I was crying about it inside. I don't like to even think about it.

As someone who does it, I get using dark humour as a coping mechanism, though I've only ever seen lists like those in an anti-trans context. There's a YouTuber called "One topic at a time" who looks at things like this in a light hearted and wholesome way. They usually lift my mood by the end of their videos. 🙂

51 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

As someone who does it, I get using dark humour as a coping mechanism, though I've only ever seen lists like those in an anti-trans context. There's a YouTuber called "One topic at a time" who looks at things like this in a light hearted and wholesome way. They usually lift my mood by the end of their videos. 🙂

Sorry about being a downer first thing this morning. Had a bit of a rough night with my wife last night. I now have 3 subjects that I won't discuss with anyone. Politics, Religion, and now what movie star I'm attracted to. My wife, daughter-in-law and I were talking at the kitchen table when this subject came up. They both said, Jason Momoa (Aquaman). I said, Sean Connery (The actor, not the real person). It was like I dropped a stink bomb. I've told her this years ago before I came out to her as trans. She already knew I was bi-sexual, but this has a whole new meaning to her, especially after her reading about how many transwomen change their sexual preferences during transition. Needless to say, it was a long night.❤️

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

After this sinks in for a little while, I find that it's really not funny. There's really nothing funny about being "trans".

Mostly pain for us, and anyone around us. I guess some people make light of this so they don't cry. How many times have I made fun of gays and trans when I was crying about it inside. I don't like to even think about it.

I think you were right the first time. It's a trans person Tweeting it, so it's kinda laughing at ourselves. If it was a TERF, it would be different.

aaand it's Twitter, the more obnoxious Tweets get more attention.

• Forum Moderator

Five years ago today, I applied my first estradiol patch and popped my first spiro pills.  I didn’t think that five years later, I’d be in a hospital bed, but the good news is that I am 100% myself here.  My transition is done, and I am accepted as Kathy everywhere I go.  They have been the best five years of my life.

For anyone contemplating taking that first step in transition, it feels like you are stepping out of an airplane without a parachute.  But there are all kinds of lovely people who will catch you and help you.  I am so glad I took those first steps, and I would never in a million years go back.