• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Hey everyone I will be thinking of you all over the next week or two but probably won't be online after today for a bit.

TOMORROW IS FFS DAY!!!!!

I'm not expecting to be able to see well enough to read for a little bit with all the swelling. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but I've mentally prepared myself for daily life with limited vision while the swelling does it's thing.

Kathy-Lauren, I hope you continue to recover. Congrats on 5 years! I can't wait to be where you are (not hospital bed ;) ) but am enjoying the journey to get there.

Liz, hang in there. I don't know any way to ease your pain and suffering right now but just know that we all care for you and are virtually supporting you. Lean on your community through these tough times.

Linda Marie, keep jammin

Jamie, and all the others facing relationship issues I am sending my love.

Kisses and Hugs to all

Bri

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Thanks. I need it right now. Feeling down. Like I'm dying a slow painful death. Hopefully the day will get better.

Hope everything goes well with you, and speedy recovery. ❤️

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Today I was told that her liver started working a little. That's nice, why didn't anyone tell me that it wasn't working? It was the same way I found out about her kidneys. They started working, a little bit. Totally after the fact.

Those are both lovely things to have in operational condition. They probably don't mean anything by it, they're most likely up to their eyebrows in COVID cases and they don't SEE you so they don't think to give you updates unless you call to harass them. The obvious solution is to keep harassing them.

3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

After this sinks in for a little while, I find that it's really not funny. There's really nothing funny about being "trans".

Not true, being trans is patently ridiculous. I mean yeah, it causes pain and heartbreak but honestly. The whole thing is like the universe playing a practical joke. Not a funny one, but I rarely find practical jokes funny so that tracks.

Humor is a good way to fight back. My favorite was always Femme & M's. My therapist prefers anticisthamines. I mean first you need to embrace the absurdity of the situation then you can grow from that.

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

My wife, daughter-in-law and I were talking at the kitchen table when this subject came up. They both said, Jason Momoa (Aquaman). I said, Sean Connery (The actor, not the real person).

Tom Ellis. I would totally be straight for Tom Ellis.

34 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Hey everyone I will be thinking of you all over the next week or two but probably won't be online after today for a bit.

TOMORROW IS FFS DAY!!!!!

Congratulations! Another friend of mine just had a face lift so I'd imagine similar levels of beat up. Just take your meds, follow your surgeon's instructions and don't be a hero. You'll be able to see the lovely woman the rest of us already see in no time.

2 hours ago, DeeDee said:

There's a YouTuber called "One topic at a time" who looks at things like this in a light hearted and wholesome way.

OT is incredibly wholesome. I strongly recommend.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

we are having our morning coffee.  We both had some difficulties sleeping last night.

Liz, I don’t know if you take it as good news, bad news or just finally some news, but I’m glad you posted about your wife.  Still praying for a good outcome. Don’t get too angry with the doctors and nurses.  They are trying to get her well again.  Maybe try to get a rapport with the desk for answers.

Meeting up with a friend for lunch today. It will be good to see someone in this strange world we are living in these days.  

I guess we are really going to get some bad weather starting tonight.  The weather guessers keep calling for it anyway.  Overnight temperatures in the 20s and ice and sleet.  Yuk!

until later

Willow

Good luck Bri.   I am on my 4th week of recovery from FFS.   The first time I went to the bathroom in my hospital room, I looked in the mirror.   I cried at the loss of him, GONE!   And then cried at the image of her.   It is a "once in a lifetime" moment.

I will be praying it goes well for you,

---Willow McKenzie---

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Humor is a good way to fight back. My favorite was always Femme & M's. My therapist prefers anticisthamines. I mean first you need to embrace the absurdity of the situation then you can grow from that.

Totally agree about humor, and self deprecating humor is often the best way to use it. For me, I kinda go with Notorious HRT or Titty Skittles as my favorites; can't seem to choose between them.

2 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Totally agree about humor, and self deprecating humor is often the best way to use it. For me, I kinda go with Notorious HRT or Titty Skittles as my favorites; can't seem to choose between them.

Where can I get those tittie skittles? Lol

26 minutes ago, Willow McKenzie said:

Good luck Bri.   I am on my 4th week of recovery from FFS.   The first time I went to the bathroom in my hospital room, I looked in the mirror.   I cried at the loss of him, GONE!   And then cried at the image of her.   It is a "once in a lifetime" moment.

---Willow McKenzie---

FFS sounds scary but a dream of mine too. Excited for you.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

TOMORROW IS FFS DAY!!!!!

I'm not expecting to be able to see well enough to read for a little bit with all the swelling. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but I've mentally prepared myself for daily life with limited vision while the swelling does it's thing.

Kathy-Lauren, I hope you continue to recover. Congrats on 5 years! I can't wait to be where you are (not hospital bed ;) ) but am enjoying the journey to get there.

Liz, hang in there. I don't know any way to ease your pain and suffering right now but just know that we all care for you and are virtually supporting you. Lean on your community through these tough times.

Linda Marie, keep jammin

Kisses and Hugs to all

Bri

Excited for you.🤗

28 minutes ago, Willow McKenzie said:

---Willow McKenzie---

How was it recovering? I’m expecting to be pretty toast for two weeks, quasi function after that and hope to be able to get out a bit in 4-6. I know I will look pretty bad for 8 

23 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

How was it recovering? I’m expecting to be pretty toast for two weeks, quasi function after that and hope to be able to get out a bit in 4-6. I know I will look pretty bad for 8 

I had from below my eyes and up done.   Forehead setback, orbits opened, hair advance, upper face-lift.  Took around 6 + hours.   I had some challenges, but I'm  happy and going forward.   I still sleep in a lazy-boy most of the time and can get a bit of swelling below my eyes.

Here is a better day about a week after.   I have on a clip-hairpiece to cover the scar.   They will do my upper eyelids and lip-lift in a couple months and then I will just need hair transplants so I can give my hairpiece to my dogs to play with.

If you want to share war wound pictures and Q&A after you are functioning, message me.

20211231_124936[2384].jpg

• Forum Moderator

@KathyLauren congratulations on 5 years of being real.  You are a wonderful person.

@Bri2020 Best of luck tomorrow.  I know it will go well for you.

Hugs, Jani

Morning everyone the coffee is good here in chilly central Texas. I have missed alot here as the RONA got me and I am just now feeling good enough to do anything. 

@Elizabeth Starmy thoughts and prayers for you and your partner.

@Bri2020best wishes on your FFS so happy for you.

Hugs

Billie.

56 minutes ago, Willow McKenzie said:

I had from below my eyes and up done.   Forehead setback, orbits opened, hair advance, upper face-lift.  Took around 6 + hours.   I had some challenges, but I'm  happy and going forward.   I still sleep in a lazy-boy most of the time and can get a bit of swelling below my eyes.

Here is a better day about a week after.   I have on a clip-hairpiece to cover the scar.   They will do my upper eyelids and lip-lift in a couple months and then I will just need hair transplants so I can give my hairpiece to my dogs to play with.

If you want to share war wound pictures and Q&A after you are functioning, message me.

20211231_124936[2384].jpg

Looks great!  I'm having the forehead setback/grinding,  hairline advancement, cheek fat implanted, jaw ground down, chin reshaped and a upper lip lift.  I will go back for a rhino and facelift next year after everything settles down. I'm lucky from a hair standpoint. I just have some receding in the temples and a wee bit of thinning up top. 

51 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Looks great!  I'm having the forehead setback/grinding,  hairline advancement, cheek fat implanted, jaw ground down, chin reshaped and a upper lip lift.  I will go back for a rhino and facelift next year after everything settles down. I'm lucky from a hair standpoint. I just have some receding in the temples and a wee bit of thinning up top. 

Looks like you have a big project coming up.   I could probably use more of your list, but $$.   I hope you have insurance, I didn't.   Thanks for the compliment!   My mirror and I are always arguing over the issue.    I'll tell them what you said.

1 hour ago, Willow McKenzie said:

Looks like you have a big project coming up.   I could probably use more of your list, but $$.   I hope you have insurance, I didn't.   Thanks for the compliment!   My mirror and I are always arguing over the issue.    I'll tell them what you said.

I have insurance for everything being done tomorrow. Rhino and facelift would be on my $$

8 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

I have insurance for everything being done tomorrow. Rhino and facelift would be on my $$

I'm so happy for you.   Remember to check the mirror in the hospital bathroom. 

---HUGS---

6 hours ago, SheenaT said:

FFS sounds scary but a dream of mine too. Excited for you.

It really is scary, glad it's over

• Forum Moderator

Hi 

Lunch with our friend was really nice.  She was one of the first to fully accept me as Trans.

Regarding the trans humor, yes I somewhat felt the various names for our HRT, was mildly amusing.  Did I have a favorite or one I would use.  Not on my life.  At our last group we talked about the need to call ourselves MTF or FTM or put any other name to it.  The consensus was we are either women or men and further description was unnecessary and could be demeaning.  

essentially we were saying at times we are our own worst enemy.  I feel these names for HRT medications are also demeaning.  We take them because we need to.  They are part of our treatment to eventually get to wherever we want to be in our future.  What you want and what I want aren’t always exactly the same but that doesn’t matter.  We are all diagnosed as gender dysphoric.    Where I’m going with this is using humorous names for things related to our situation is something we should avoid.  If we can’t talk openly using correct terms how can we expect others to see us as legitimate.  It’s like we are embarrassed.  I am not embarrassed I am who I am and everything about me is important.

be proud

good luck with your surgeries everyone

we are expecting ice and cold weather.  But I’m prepared for it.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Tittie skittles, sound yummy.  What would you call the patch? girl badge?

My wife seems to be ignoring me, again. Yesterday she may have said 20 words to me. So far tonight, 2. I walked in the door. No one was around. She must have went straight to the bathroom. I greeted her. "Hi, Honey" I get back "Hi, Boogie," that was it. I get changed and comedown stairs. She finishes and comes down. Takes off her boots, greets the dog. puts her paystub away. Grabs her phone and disappears up stairs. That is it. Now I am on here. I will see what she says to me the rest of the night. 

I am getting tired of all this crap. She won't talk to me.  Says everything is fine. I got a week tomorrow till I talk with my therapist.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

TOMORROW IS FFS DAY!!!!!

Linda Marie, keep jammin

Kisses and Hugs to all

Bri

Hugs Bri, I’m so happy for you, we’ll be here when you are ready. 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

It was better tonight. She even stayed awake and watched the bridge on the river kewi with me. Amazing.

Kymmie