• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Hanging with my cool nephew from the West Coast today.

Out to him . . . we chat about everything cool now.

So happy.

-- Davie

IMG_1166.png

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@HollyNG glad to hear things are going so well for you! 

Had an interesting conversation with my wife today. Even after nearly a year on hormones she is still struggling with getting my pronouns right, not saying she isn’t trying she’s just still struggling. So we talked today and I asked her if it would be easier for her to use they/them for me. I’m not non-binary but as I told her it would be better than calling me he. She said she thought it would, so I said fine. The interesting part is that since that conversation, she has been bouncing between they and she for me. Only once today has she called me he and that one was actually kinda funny. She ran through nearly every pronoun before getting “they” out.  

Small steps are still steps. I’ll count this in the minor win category. 

So out of a lovely day where I hung out with my nephew I love so much, I wake into a new day in a new way, realizing a few men I've loved in the past. Some long ago who were never told or others here and today I've never told, either. John, the luthier, I love you. Larry, the actor, I love you, too.

— Davie

• Forum Moderator

ugh Monday morning 

Why ugh when you are retired and one day is pretty much the same as another?   Well, neither of us slept well last night.  I woke up unable to breathe well, all stuffed up.  It’s better now.

Major Dickenson, how was your tour of duty?  I enjoyed bringing my caffeine to you each day.  Yes, I’ll just have to see what makes the most sense when I go to the store, extend your tour or switch.  (And now back to our conversation)

We went to the beach yesterday.  The onshore breeze kept it cool.  This will be a hot week, temperatures reaching out for the 90s.  That’s too early for me, it isn’t even Memorable Day yet.  

i think my eyelids are gettin* heavy. Time to let them close up again.

Willow

On 5/14/2022 at 12:57 AM, Betty_B said:

Good morning everyone

130 am coffee in hand already 😖

sitting here trying to figure out why my daughter would drive 450 miles to the beach where  i live and only visit once for 15 min,

as far as the great grand children , looks like i will never get to meet them ever ,  sad, hurt that doesn't even come close to explain  the feelings i have over this , i cant do this any longer , not sure how im going to crawl out of this funk the hole has gotten so deep, in the end just  cutting  ties to all in my past life and just go forward alone seems all thats left for me to do ,

I could just cry ,, i am crying , life is just not worth living  some times

Betty

Sometimes the closest ones to us don't even consider how their actions hurt us. It's sad. There's time, this may change. 💜

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, it’s a road-trip day. Driving Westfield, IN to Annapolis, MD. Teaching Wednesday and Thursday there, West Chester, PA over the weekend. Back a from today. #LifeOnTheRoad #PublicSafety #EMA #HAZMAT #Firefighers 

• Forum Moderator

Just say’n 

2F4EAC71-6AD7-490F-9F65-6F936535E5C0.jpeg

Good morning Everyone

yes coffee in my hand, i think im addicted ,

Well in the end i did get to see my oldest great granddaughter for the first time for a few hours,such a wonderful moment it was

she liked my betty boop earrings and necklace, she said she liked the girl in the red dress , so i took them off and gave them to her, probably wont get another chance to see her again , may be she will remember this  old lady ,,

what is it with the  tears , just cant seem to stop crying any more ,,,

Peace, Love N Hugs to all

Betty

1 hour ago, Betty_B said:

Good morning Everyone

yes coffee in my hand, i think im addicted ,

Well in the end i did get to see my oldest great granddaughter for the first time for a few hours,such a wonderful moment it was

she liked my betty boop earrings and necklace, she said she liked the girl in the red dress , so i took them off and gave them to her, probably wont get another chance to see her again , may be she will remember this  old lady ,,

what is it with the  tears , just cant seem to stop crying any more ,,,

Peace, Love N Hugs to all

Betty

That's awesome. Best times.❤

My fever free moment was short lived :(. woke up today with the sweats so check and sure enough, back over 99.  I think it's going to bounce around a bit before I fully recover. I was wiped out this morning but otherwise feeling like I'm turning a corner on this crap. I'm not coughing much, or at least the interval is much longer between coughing fits. 

I accepted the offer from Long and Foster this morning so I'm hoping to start paperwork and stuff virtually. I have to isolate until Sunday.  I'm pretty excited about starting this new adventure

Hey All!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been thinking about all of you and wanted to know that each of you is loved in this moment!

So the Ex called me last Wednesday because she wanted to apologize over how our marriage had ended and I had not come out to her but as we talked I decided to tell her. To my surprise she was not surprised but she was very accepting and said that she still wanted to stay close and be friends. Her daughter that had lived with us for the last 5 years before they moved to California, was next after the Ex and I hung up I called her and she was so excited for me and grateful that I called and told her personally. She went on to say that I was an inspiration to her and that she wanted to be a part of my journey and wanting to know what she could do to help. A totally unplanned coming out event and it could not have gone any better. The sad part they are more accepting and wanting to be involved and my own family is not accepting. Oh well I know I have 2 more allies on my side.     

Hugs

Riley.

1 hour ago, Billie75B said:

To my surprise she was not surprised…

This seems to happen a lot.

Those close to us see something even when they can't quite put their finger on it.

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 congratulations on accepting your offer of employment.  In my experience Long and Foster is clearly the best agency in Northern VA.  An agent sold my home in Centreville within 2 days he had 3 competing offers and a bidding war.  I peaked the market.  I definitely think you made an excellent choice and their training from what I’ve heard is excellent.

Willow

So I wanted to share a moment I had the other day. I had built my daughters PC. The other day she told me that she wanted to play Elden ring but it seems the CPU is too old to support it. Well I did some research and found what her mother board would support and told her what she could buy to update her PC. She told me that was too much and she would have to wait several months before she could save up that much so I purchased it for her. She wanted to pay me back but I told her that she was there for me during the most difficult days of my life and if it were not for her then I would probably have killed myself. I told her I am only alive today because of her. Therefore I am paying her back. Well tears hugs and thank you ensued. and then the interesting part...

So two days later my wife stopped over my house to pick up some more of her things and mentioned that our daughter told her what I did and said. So she says to me "Jae and I both agree that we like Rachel more."  she then told me she still can not understand the whole trans thing but she knows that I am becoming a better person. She then got in her Jeep and drove away. So. Kind of strange but affirming to me that she can see the positive changes occurring in me. I just want to become the best possible version of me that I can be and I am glad someone noticed.

Rachel

4 hours ago, Jandi said:
5 hours ago, Billie75B said:

To my surprise she was not surprised…

This seems to happen a lot.

Those close to us see something even when they can't quite put their finger on it.

Yes. I've been out to my sister for over a year so I expected her son would have been told, but no. Told him f-2-f and it went great--it made me feel great. Today I bought a new router and a new shirt but suddenly real insecure about myself—that's a surprise. Glad you're all here to accept my progress even when I can't myself.

Hugs,

Davie  

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

I just want to become the best possible version of me that I can be and I am glad someone noticed.

Love that. One of the most profound questions my therapist asked me was, "What kind of woman is Jackie." 

The people in my life have realized that she's a much kinder, happier person too.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

I just want to become the best possible version of me that I can be and I am glad someone noticed.

That's nice to read Rachel.  Hopefully your relationship will continue to grow ( in a modified form).

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Davie said:

but suddenly real insecure about myself—that's a surprise.

@Davie  But why?  Not the surprise, but the insecurity.  You seem to be well grounded in life and what you want and need from it.  Be sure of yourself!  That's how we see you!

Jani

11 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

So two days later my wife stopped over my house to pick up some more of her things and mentioned that our daughter told her what I did and said. So she says to me "Jae and I both agree that we like Rachel more."  she then told me she still can not understand the whole trans thing but she knows that I am becoming a better person. She then got in her Jeep and drove away. So. Kind of strange but affirming to me that she can see the positive changes occurring in me. I just want to become the best possible version of me that I can be and I am glad someone noticed.

Rachel

So happy for you, Rachel. 

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

well Major Dickinson has gone on TDY.  And the French have taken his place. Vi Va les French.

Quarterly doctors appointments need to leave shortly.

I will join in on the kinder better person.  Although I do get frustrated and let go with some expletives.  Frustration and giving me a difficult time are my bugaboos.

For the most part my wife goes along with kinder better person

well gotta go

more later perhaps 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Hi

pretty nice day today.  Drs appointment took an interesting twist.  He asked me how long I’d been on HRT then said we need to think about breast imaging soon.  Why is that special?  My endocrinologist had said we didn’t need to be concerned about that at my age.  

After the doctors appointment we went went to the condo and talked to our salesman.  He met me as Willow for the first time.  Anyway, he confirmed that they still expect to get the certificate of occupancy by the end of the week.  Then he said you are number one on the list to close and should be doing your walk through next Monday’s.

Willow