• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
40 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

On the eyes? I guess, I'm demi though. What got me going is her character's slightly off-kilter mad science personality. She can experiment on me ANYTIME.

Hugs!

That too. LOL

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been curious to see that new Star Trek, but I still haven't gotten around to the third season of Discovery yet. I've assumed Discovery leads into Strange New Worlds, or is there not really any need to catch up with Discovery before starting the new one?

@DavieIn my opinion, we no longer hold our self accountable for what we believe and why we believe it. One can only have an open mind, if one is willing and capable of changing their beliefs. Political ideology is moving closer to a religious belief such that no amount of evidence will change one's belief. It is also becoming more extreme on both the right and the left. The most extreme voices are the most vocal and demonize ANY dissent as disinformation or antiscience or morally evil. They speak only for their benefit and not for others. It has become increasingly difficult to take a position that does not fit with extremist position. Why can't we argue our positions on the merit anymore?

@Marcie JensenExtreme politics whether from the left or the right end up in the same totalitarian space.

'And a parting on the left Is now a parting on the right"  The Who

cycling back to the nails thread, dipped is the way to go.  I just get them trimmed pretty short and a french nail finish.  they hold up to just about anything. Of course, you have to get them filled in about every 3-4 weeks. 

I'm all in on the new star trek!

Happy Pride everyone.

3 hours ago, miz miranda said:

@Marcie JensenExtreme politics whether from the left or the right end up in the same totalitarian space.

'And a parting on the left Is now a parting on the right"  The Who

@miz mirandaI could not agree more. Thought that was clear in my post. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I'm almost certain I included both Nazis and fascists as well as communists. If I did not, my apologies.

good evening everyone

more on nails ,,,,just got back from the nail shop ,

powder dip this time , we will see if its Betty boop proof, giggles,   bright red glitter,

Yaaa my regular nail girl is back from her baby  leave , funny how you get attached to a nail girl ,,,they each have there very own way of doing things,

on a girly note,,, i got   complements on my dress and earrings wile there ,

Peace, Love N Hugs to everyone

Betty B.

• Forum Moderator

I'm in St. Petersburg FL for the week.  They really know how to do Pride here.  Flags and banners everywhere and events publicized all over.  Here's a nighttime look of the Museum of Fine Art building all lit up from our balcony.

20220602_205159.thumb.jpg.4bcf66efca33ee84d98b3e3296d5a2b0.jpg

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I've been curious to see that new Star Trek, but I still haven't gotten around to the third season of Discovery yet. I've assumed Discovery leads into Strange New Worlds, or is there not really any need to catch up with Discovery before starting the new one?

No need to catch up on Discovery. Star Trek, Brave New Worlds. Is set before Star Trek, TOS. Capt. Christopher Pick is in Command.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I hope everyone has plans for their weekend.  Yes Kymmie I know that excludes you, your weekend comes early.

well, I guess I finally managed to meet the bank’s requirements.  They haven’t said anything more and they did have me review a new closing statement.  Of course it was wrong.  They failed to include a thousand dollar deposit I paid to the builder and they are charging me for the first year home owners insurance when I already paid for it, another $1100.  They were supplied proof of both of those payments.  Hey bank, money doesn’t grow on trees you know!

@KymmieL sorry you are having so much trouble matching your requirements and not getting out bid.  It’s a tough market out there.  Not enough supply to meet the demand.  Any chance of buying a piece of land and putting your own place on it?  Like a manufactured home?  Our building a small home designed to be expanded over time?

I'm not going to group tonight.  It’s predicted to be stormy and I’ve got other things to take care of in preparation to moving off the boat and into our home.  It’s going to be a busy week.

my wife is having a bad reaction to some medication.  She stopped taking it as soon as we realized it but our Dr is away and we don’t want to go to the ER and sit there for 8 hours all for naught.

we went to the beach yesterday.  When we were leaving a young man asked if we would like him to pull our beach cart through the sand.  Admittedly it can be tough.  I politely declined.  Then a second slightly older person asked to help us.  This time I thought why not? After all he is just being polite to two woman so I replied very gratefully. And thanked him several times.  After we got to the car my wife asked, aren’t you embarrassed to accept help from a man?  My response was that that was why I had politely declined the first young man, and had done so the previous times it was offered.  But had realized that if they had seen a 73 year old man pulling it they may have offered the help so why not accept the offer.  And I was grateful as it’s hard getting through the soft dry sand.

they just don’t make beach cards with wheels wide enough to ride on top of the sand.  You have to get a fishing cart that doesn’t fold up if you want that.  The wheels on them are a foot in diameter and 6 inches wide.  Made out of welded aluminum and cost around $600 verses $150.

we bought a new beach umbrella this one is really well made and should last a long time.

guess I’m done for today. Times a wasting.  

let me know your thoughts on accepting help.

Willow

On 6/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, JustineM said:

Here are the promised photos taken exactly 1 year apart. 

53B77EC0-5088-4045-A39F-CA284EEE8564.jpeg

535A5AA3-A26D-42F7-9FF1-3EF1A107737E.jpeg

Wow, @JustineM ! It's not so much the change in your appearance, but your demeanor - you look so much happier & natural. 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:33 PM, Katie23 said:

I am not sure I emote like either Spock or Shatner/Kirk, but I am liking the new Star Trek with Christopher Pike. It is like the original pilot, only better!

Love love love Strange New Worlds! When the talk of Spock started, my thought was how much I like the Spock of Discovery & SNW. He seems so sweet and disarming - in a Vulcan way, of course. 

I also really like Erica Ortegas, the helmsperson. Lol, probably because her personality and look seem rather nonbinary to me. Gender envy? 😏

23 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

If you've seen Discovery seasons 1 & 2, then you have all the context you need to segue to Strange New Worlds. It's soo good! 

• Forum Moderator

Just got back from Speech Therapy. Got the snot beat out of me by Mother Nature. I I figured a nice day so why not ride. The ride over to Cheyenne was beautiful and Halfway home was too. Then the defecation hit the rotary oscillator. I've ridden in the ran which is no big deal. But hail is another story. Even though it was small it still stung when I got hit. I rode though it.

Hugs,

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator
On 6/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, JustineM said:

The best news of all, the first day of Pride month also marks 365 glorious days of being ME! I’ll have to post a comparison picture a little later. 

That's great Justine,

Have a wonderful weekend.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!!

So I am now out to all my immediate family. Seems like the one who took it the hardest was my sister. She says she will do he best to support me but she was crying while she said it. I felt awful. I am not doing this to cause anyone pain. I just am trying to find my Blue bird of Happiness.  I never did get a chance to tell my son. After seeing him on Memorial day I planned on calling him this past Thursday to tell him. It seems he beat me to it. He called my ex and asked what was going on. When she tried to play coy with him he began listing various anomalies that he noticed and how strangle out of character I was on Memorial day.  He then told her that he thinks that I am transitioning to which my wife finally admitted that I was. She told me she told him about Rachel and how she and my daughter both like Rachel. So, I texted my son today to gauge how he is feeling and asked if he wanted to talk about it. His reply was we will talk about it eventually but in the mean while he said "I just want you to now that I support you and just want you to be happy." 

I guess I am a lucky girl to have that kind of support from family. I can only hope that it continues. 

Rachel

Gotta share this. I hate to complain, and apologize to everyone beforehand. 

So, this happened to me today. I was shopping in Macy's for a semi-formal dress and was nicely dressed, wearing makeup and hells. No mistaking me for a guy or in guy mode. I asked a sales associate for assistance (I wanted to get a key to the dressing room, and was bluntly told "no." She was standing under an LGBTQ+ support sign at the time. I immediately went to another associate and demanded to speak to the store manager immediately. When he arrived, I told him what happened, placed teh $200 dress I was holding in his hand and told him he had lost a sale. He tried to apologize, but misgendered me. I corrected him, showed my driver's license as proof (yes I was HOT!!!) and he called me "sir" a second time. The DL clearly lists my gender as female. I walked out at that point and emailed Macy's corporate. The total hypocrisy was what was worst--I mean, standing under an LGBTQ+ sign and telling a customer no during Pride minth!

Pretty much over it now, but needed to share.

• Forum Moderator
3 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Marcie,

I'm sorry you experienced this kind of treatment. It's completely hypocritical of them to not carry out to advertised policies their company boasts about. When you do find that dress you're looking for. Be sure to do the Julia Robert "Pretty Woman" routine and remind them of the sales commission they missed out on. I love that movie, and could watch it over, and over, and over. Oh wait... I do watch it a lot.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 

Mindy,

Great idea! I hadn't thought of that. I love Pretty Woman, too. It's my favorite Julia Roberts movie, and I WILL go back and rub their noses in it! 

• Forum Moderator
6 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I WILL go back and rub their noses in it! 

Woot woot arm pump...

Hi Marcie    that is totally  not right .and pretty foolish on there part.

On a good note I start HRT today, had my first electroless done yesterday. So far when i have ben in stores they have treated me really nice every one have a good day.

One of the problems that the retail stores are having is that they are losing customers by the droves. The stores have a hard time finding decent people to work. The other issue we my come up against is that with the current level of anti-trans activity by the Republican Party's propaganda network (Fox News) is that there are people that will get influenced and feel protected because of the anti-trans legislation and rhetoric. Unless things turn around, there is a juggernaut campaign to keep jumping on the wedge issues that the Republicans can use against the Democrats. 

I am bracing for a nasty run of about 6 years starting in January after the mid-terms. I suspect there will be attempts to rollback our hard-earned protections and insurance coverages. I also suspect that a number of us will relocate to safer more accepting areas. The saddest part is that I have had virtually nobody give me a hard time in traveling between several conservative states. Of course, I have barred myself from travel through Oklahoma. 

Sadly nobody has challenged these politicians as to why transgender issues are the number 1 priority in a number of states and nationally. Do we have some secret power or knowledge that they are worried about? 

As for Macy's, I have never went there for so much as a piece of lint. I always found them to be condescending no matter what. Now I have been to a Dillards. What a difference. Last year I had went to a mall in the Charlotte, NC area to get my ears pierced. I inadvertently dropped my wallet out of my shoulder bag when I was walking through the mall. I wound up leaving the mall. When I got to my second location, I realized that I had lost my wallet. I called the mall and talked with security. Nobody had found it. I was worried as I had all my ID and recently I had put my social security card in the wallet as I had to present my card for some I-9 forms. Well, mall security did not have the wallet. I went back to the mall and retraced my steps. I could not find the wallet. I finally realized that I had went through Dillards to get into and out of the mall. I went up to the office area of the store. They had found my wallet and locked it in their safe. Nothing was touched. Not a dime was missing.

I was still early in my transition, but they were incredibly kind and supportive. I try to give my business to Dillards. I have also been to Kohls where I have not had any issues. Old Navy is very good as well. There will still be imbeciles no matter where we go. The sad part with these people who hate is that many of them are older. The newer generations are more aware and more accepting. Down the road when these aging conservatives need care, they are likely to run into one of my former RN students, former NP students, or a young aid working at a nursing home who may be LGBTQiA+. I wonder how it will go for these conservatives who are mean to us now. 

Sincerely

Katie

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Marcie, I am sorry to hear that happened to you.  The ignorance is offensive but common enough.  The hypocrisy of doing it under a pride poster is inexcusable.

Definitely report the incident to Macy's corporate HQ.  I would also report it to your city's Pride coordinators.  We all know about corporations exploiting Pride as a marketing opportunity, but that was over the top.

9 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Woot woot arm pump...

Thanks for posting that clip!  It has been years since I saw that movie.  I had totally forgotten about it.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, rachel w said:

On a good note I start HRT today, had my first electrolysis done yesterday.

That's great news @rachel w

Congratulations,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Thanks for posting that clip!

Good morning Kathy,

I hope you have a great weekend.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Oh, wait...

Good morning Hannah,

Waiting for the follow up to the Oh, wait...?

I hope it's a good and positive thing.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thanks to everyone for your support. I really appreciate it.

@MmindyLoved the clip! Thanks.

Here's an update regarding Macy's. First, there is no way to report the incident to them online. They have no dedicated email for complaints, and their online chat app dead ends--every time one tries to use it, it goes to a "this site is not found" page. Calling the 800 number they do have resulted in a 10 minute hold, followed by an utterly indifferent representative, and an    unfriendly supervisor. Got the incident reported though.

And @Katie23I went to Macy's AFTER having gone to Nordstrom, Dillard's and JC Penney. In Penneys and Nordstrom, they had nothing that fit and/or no sales help. At Dillard's the salesperson ignored me until I spoke up and was unhelpful. I finally found an acceptable dress at a Torrid in an outlet mall. TBH, at present I really don't see much difference between any of the major retailers except that Macy's was harsher. The saleslady at Macy's was wearing some sort of long service pin on her name tag, so it appears tome that she was not new. By contrast, the salesperson at the Torrid I went to was not only very nice and supportive, she gave me a business card, thanked me and told me I was welcome back at any time. She even suggested a private fitting for undergarments and made me try on the dress before purchase, making sure it fit properly.  Glad you had a good experience at Dillard's but, sadly, mine was not so good. I suspect that it all hinges on the attitude of the store manager.

Again, thanks everyone for the support.

Hugs,

Marcie