• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@WillowI hope that you don't forget the boat. once you get land locked for a while. LOL. Just don't over work yourself moving in.

I am being moved from my GYN to the Endocrinology in Denver. I was a little upset. But I got a call from one of my Dr. Nurses. She explained it. I found out that my Dr. is the director of reproductive health for the whole VA health system. It seems like she is concerned that her patients get the quality care we deserve. 

Kymmie

On 6/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, BrewessJ said:

This is great advice and I love the ideas. Unfortunately I have no girl friends IRL. 

But shopping as a male in the ladies section and not trying things on just brings on dysphoria. Seeing others shop for their gendered clothing and looking happy or content in their expressed gender also makes me feel dysphoric. So I'm looking forward to my homework!!!

Go find some girl friends!

Shopping in Male mode: I would think that would be bothe triggering and just make me more self conscious about how I was being perceived.

I drive through Ohio a few times a year. Next time I'm taking you shopping as your true self.

My apologies for not being as engaged here lately.  I'm not used to work this much again and I barely get time to get onto her or social media.  Between jobs I'm back to working about 60-70hrs /week. It's not "hard work" but it is task after task after task that needs to happen.  I got a little break today when I had to go for my 1st professional photos (for headshots). It was an outdoor shoot about a 20 minute drive. I had to keep the top up on the ways there to maintain the hair and all. However, once there I got a nice break in a parklike setting for the photos and I took the long way back with the top down. It was a picture perfect day ;)

The rest of my life has been taking up with work. Here's two of my favorites from the shoot. I had hime erase the bags under my eyes a bit as well as my big arm tattoo.  If only having that removed was as easy as photoshopping. lol

I have to say that I am really happy with my newly restore dental work as well as the general results from FFS. 

I'm only wearing a light natural makeup except a little heavier over my hairline scar. I'm still learning how to be a proper girl....I totally forgot to put lipstick on for the photos!

Also- pic of me in Feb 2020, a few months before my egg cracked for comparison. I just blown away that in only 2 years of transitioning this much can change 

A2CF9CCB-9BBD-40F6-869E-CD155A8A0934_1_201_a.jpeg

CC555310-009B-4BDB-B154-675F78D53C81_1_102_o.jpeg

39A79233-EE6C-4604-ABC2-EB254E653B1A_1_201_a.jpeg

36 minutes ago, BrewessJ said:

That sounds great, thanks!!! I have no idea what I'm doing with my life, but I know I'm pushing forwards on my transition no matter what!!!

I can say this truly: before, I knew a lot of ladies just from life, my partners friends etc etc but I never knew how wonderful it was to have girlfriends.  Most of them knew me before but it was the same for them, I was my wife's husband, or a friends friend etc etc. Once I transitioned, I became one of the club and my relationships have been so amazing and so much deeper than having "buddies".  To me it has been the best part of being a lady.

What part of Ohio are you in.  I actually have an amazing GF out there who is the such an amazing ally and friend.  I know that if I introduced you to her you would have an instant friend who will do all the fun things like mani/pedis. shopping trip, wine wednesdays et all. She's in Cinci area

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

the question of the day, will we close today?  The lender is wearing me down with all their delaying tactics.

everything was all set for yesterday, or so I thought.  Late yesterday afternoon I was told the last hurdle had been cleared, but the loan processor later told us it was back with the underwriter after I had been assured the closing department had it, and would be with the closing attorney soon.

if it wouldn’t delay things even more I’d find a new lender.

7 mos. HRT  pretty much settling in now, I can feel my moods more profoundly and my thinking seems to be changing. I am assuming the same kind of changes on the outside are happening inside, too in my brain cells. 

The Universe has been nudging me to really watch my six and make sure I "toe the line" since I am living out as trans, that may bring additional attention and discrimination my way, esp. with those with Transphobia. Like it can be more critical. Especially with the politics. So at this point of the process, the cis-male priviledge is gone and starting to feel the vulnerability of being at the mercy of strangers and the system.

I know there's real possibilities of losing my housing or job because it's still not illegal to discriminate here, but there's no way I can hide myself anymore. I probably won't, but I just don't want to have to start over again with few real marketable skills that's all. I'm hoping things hang until I get some other kind of certification or job training in the meantime. 

42 minutes ago, Willow said:

everything was all set for yesterday, or so I thought.……

Dang, girl.    What is with these people?

2 minutes ago, BrewessJ said:

Its mostly men that scare me, yesterday most every women I met was super nice called me "hun" or s"weetie" (hi there euphoria).

This has been my experience in NC also.  

To be honest, I have not had much trouble with men either.  But I do watch my. back.  Sometimes there is just a feeling that it's best not to ignore.

• Forum Moderator

Also on the home buying front. We looked at # 4 on Sat. less than 24hrs from the time they listed it. We put in an offer.  Had to wait till yesterday to find out but I think it was accepted This what I got back from my agent:

"We will be getting a counter just want a little more flexibility on closing time is all. I'll text you once I receive it so we can get you under contract"

That sounds like a win in my book.

Decided to wear my Pink Panther mini and halter set this AM before I need to change to go to work. IIRC, that last time I wore this is when my middle son came home and I was wearing it. nothing said. Then again he is the accepting one.

Well coffee is calling my name, Kymmie come drink me.

So I am going to submit to the call.

Have a great day.

Kymmie

@Willow So sorry about all the lender frustrations. Although, once all this is finally behind you, and you're all settled in and boat repairs aren't as urgent...what are you going to do with all that newfound free time??? 😉

As soon as I wrap up breakfast and get dressed, it's off to the clinic for my (almost) 6 month blood check. It's funny how much I look forward to this now, considering how deathly afraid of needles (and especially blood draws) I was back in college. Considering the slow rate of changes, I'm not expecting the levels to be nearly where we want them yet, but I've been looking forward to at least finding out where I stand with them.

Morning all,

Working on the last 8 ounces of my second liter of coffee.

Also,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Thanks for listening.

Much luv

Only true if you’re an addict of course!  Although it was a good job I didn’t have a mouthful of coffee when I read it, heh heh!

FDE62942-A1D5-41F7-AB81-0CA156B46C7E.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, I hope

Well, we have been assured it WILL happen today at Two.  I’m not sure who wore who down, but I do know the closing attorney has the documents.  At least that is a first.  If all goes well we get our keys and other things then start moving in.  First things first, installing some blinds, a ceiling fan in the bedroom followed by our bed.  I just have to figure out where my ladder is.  I put it away about a year ago.  My memory does y go back that far.  I hope it isn’t too tall.  It might be a 10 footer.  This only has 9 foot ceilings.  

anyway, I’m sorry I haven’t been too attentive here.  Lots of you had good news and posted new pictures.  Yes I saw them no, I didn’t comment.

hope the offer goes through Kymmie, like your pictures Bri, thanks Jandi, very true Aggie1, Heather, I always look forward to my blood checks and can’t wait for the results.

to everyone else, I’m sorry I didn’t mention your specific joy.  I’ll get back on track as we get settled.

Todays the day, either we close or somebody dies.  I hate the idea of killing, even myself so I hope we close.

Willow

PS, that was not meant to be real, just sarcastic 

37 minutes ago, Willow said:

Todays the day, either we close or somebody dies.  I hate the idea of killing, even myself so I hope we close.

My therapist.

image.thumb.png.401ac57182de483e82befd458dc7a2b1.png

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi

i do hope to be doing my share of the cooking, but until we close, we don’t have a kitchen, and until Saturday we don’t have a refrigerator.  But that’s ONLY three days.  Washer and dryer are supposed to come too.

Hi @Willow. Hope you do manage to close today. You don't need any more frustration. Loved the sarcasm, BTW. Sometimes it's the only way to cope.

Hugs,

Marcie

• Forum Moderator

we did it! We closed!  We spending our first night in the new place.  

• Forum Moderator

That is fantastic news, @Willow They did accept our offer. With the contingent that the current owners are able to find a home to purchase, and of course, all the financing goes through.  looks like we are closing the end of July, in about 7 weeks.

It looks like I am already getting things decided for me with our house. it was my wife and our youngest decided on this or that. With no mention of letting me say anything, period. I didn't want to get into an argument at that time.

Well, today started my 5 day weekend. Taking the wagon to a car show on Sat. A pre-show party Friday eve. But the best is I have my therapist appt Friday late morning. It is supposed to be hot. SO this girl is wearing a nice dress.  Would love to wear a sundress to the show. (Haven't got my poodle skirt, Etc. yet.) however I am going with the wife so it is probably just shorts and a t shirt. Ladies of course.

Have a great evening and good night.

Kymmie

Congrats Kymmie and Willow!  Kymmie your contingency for the owner to find housing shouldn't be an issue any more. Days on market are pushing out at a big clip and mortgage applications are plummeting which means very soon it will be turning into a buyers market. There won't be the insane numbers of offers on homes and people should be able to get their offers accepted fairly easily. Make sure you got your financing rate locked in. The skuttlebut in the mortgage industry from all the people I've been talking with is that rates will continue to creep up to around 6% by year end and that will become the new benchmark. These 2.5%-4% years are gone and not coming back. I know we all thought that was good but banks are now screwed. They are holding onto loans only getting those low rates for 20-30 more years but have to borrow for new loans at a much higher rate. There's going to be a shakeup in the banking world again as they struggle with cash flow. Don't panic if your home value drops over the next year or so, it will returns, just like in 08/09. 

It's certainly an interesting time to start my real estate career. haha.

I had an interesting day yesterday and it got me reflecting on these last few years. When I came out and started transitioning, it felt like every day 'being trans' was an underlying part of almost all of my day/interactions.  So many people in my world "were following my progress" that it seemed like I couldn't get away from it. (Also, there was some kind of treatment/intervention almost every week to remind me)

So most of you know I just started working in real estate.  Every day I have been interacting with a whole new circle of people that never knew me before and are uber professionals.  Back to yesterday: we had one of those company appreciation days kinda thing out at a local winery where about 100 different real estate /mortgage/title company etc etc people attended.  I probably entered into 30 or more conversations with people I never met and it just felt "normal". There were no questions about transitioning, no issues with pronouns or anything like that. I was just one of the team.  A fair amount of these people are even from the far right side of the spectrum but still, everyone was just professional and congenial.  We had professional discussions as well as a lot of laughter and joking.  For these past 2 years, I started getting comfortable with the idea that "being trans" was just going to be how I went through my life from now on. Now I'm starting to see that maybe, just maybe, my life might become mostly normal.

9 hours ago, Willow said:

we did it! We closed!  We spending our first night in the new place.  

YAY!! Congratulations, @Willow. You have certainly had to persevere through some frustrating steps during this process. I am happy for you and admire your patience.