• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 hours ago, RhondaS said:

A few tears again, and a hug from the stylist.

I am so jealous.  My lack of hair is a major trigger for me…  sigh.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day that they announced Roe was overturned- depressed, cries. Felt like I turned a point. 

Like up to now, I had been really careful to align with cis hetero culture living in the 'white' neighborhood and being "appropriate"- the nice, unthreatening trans girl I guess? "Please accept me and like me".

Nah, if it's a warzone out there then I've no more f-##$ to give. It's YOUR problem if you don't like what you see. I'm at the grocery in my pajama pants and crop top.

Up to then I was still pretty preoccupied with fears of eviction, etc. But when you realize you may end up literally fighting for your existence, kinda changes things.

Then name change paperwork arrived. 

More cries....but joyful.

Then visited my special friend and we just hung out and talked and ordered pizza. Might turn into a "thing" as she says.

I am having some deep feels. I basically ended up telling her how much she meant to me and confessing my love without actually using that word. Fear is I don't want to mess it up. We are really having a good time. No intimacy. She said she's not bi but then admitted she had some deep feels for another girl once, non sexual. 

But it's all happened naturally so far. Last night I ended my text with "Love ya", justification being most of my other women friends and I ended up saying that, but honestly I really have wanted to say I love you. But she replied "Love you too".

Ugh. So sweet.

Actually, I am pretty darn happy with that. She is attractive, tall, smart, (a mechanical engineer), and hilarious. Go ahead and be jealous.

But it's different this time. I actually really care about this person deeply. Libido stuff isn't even on the table. I think about what intimacy might be like (probably HAWT lol), but really the relationship has a mind of it's own and things arise so naturally and spontaneously....I can perhaps try to imagine she might think the last thing she ever expected would be being with a trans girl too, possibly. And she is too, in a new season of life.

There's probably a lot that I am missing since I am usually dull as a cow in relationships.

Sorry for TMI, haven't been with my therapist in awhile. 

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi I too wish I had my own hair to style.  Instead I have to wear a wig and hope it stays in place in public.

my bigger issue is the size of my boobettes.  Both hair and them require artificial improvements.

@stveee I know how you must feel.  We all need that one special friend that we can open up to.  Lay our cards on the table and not get rejected.  It’s the rejection I fear the most.

Willow

5 hours ago, Jandi said:

@JandiI know how you feel sister as my lack of hair is also a major trigger.

So Good Sunday afternoon from central Texas, to dang hot for coffee so drinking iced tea. I was under the weather most of last week and yesterday was the first day I felt like doing anything I did go to my HRT doctor last Tuesday and she is very happy with all of my numbers, she also told me that she is excited for on being close to getting FFS sometime Feb, March time frame. She also wrote the letter for me to start the process of gender marker and name change I hope to be ready to submit sometime late July.

Hugs Riley.

5 hours ago, Billie75B said:
10 hours ago, Jandi said:

@JandiI know how you feel sister as my lack of hair is also a major trigger.

We should start a club! 

good morning everyone

coffee is hot and the night is sleepless

funny for a girl that has every thing one could want , i find i have nothing,, not one real friend ,

just old and lonely even with some one in the next room ,,,

i just had to let it out, if i read it maybe i can fix it some how ,,,  maybe its real maybe im crazy , to many hour's alone with little sleep right now ,,

sorry  forgive me don't be mad , the struggle is real ,

peace, hugs and love to all

Betty B

4 hours ago, Betty_B said:

good morning everyone

coffee is hot and the night is sleepless

funny for a girl that has every thing one could want , i find i have nothing,, not one real friend ,

just old and lonely even with some one in the next room ,,,

i just had to let it out, if i read it maybe i can fix it some how ,,,  maybe its real maybe im crazy , to many hour's alone with little sleep right now ,,

sorry  forgive me don't be mad , the struggle is real ,

Mad at what, sharing in a safe place designed for exactly that?  Lol  In all seriousness though, I get it, I often feel like I'm imposing or intruding here but that assumption has always been proven false.  Vent, share, rant... that's why we are here.  

I think a lot of us here feel isolated in some form or another, I know I do and knowing I'm not alone in that, somehow helps.  So, my sister in solitude, thanks for sharing and consider yourself well and truly hugged... should such a thing be welcome. 

1 minute ago, Ticket For Epic said:

I think a lot of us here feel isolated in some form or another, I know I do and knowing I'm not alone in that, somehow helps. 

This is true.

Coming here helps me a lot.  Helps me realize I'm not the only one.

• Forum Moderator

@Betty_B I have the same problem. I have no true friends. Yeah, I have people I work with and people I know but no one to just call and talk to about anything.  Or go out with for coffee. Other than on this board I have no trans friends. That is just about the way my whole life has been. Even with people I call good friends, I am the one who initiates the contact, that soon breaks off, again. My one true friend is my wife and most everyone here knows her stance on my transition.

However I trudge on.

I have been in fair mood lately. I've been able to get out and work on stuff. Been out on the bike. Hit the trails. When I express to my wife that hey we will have our own home soon. She throws salt on the wound and says. The current owners haven't found a place so until they do we ain't going anywhere.

Sorry for being debbie downer, everyone.

Have a great day.

Hugs

Kymmie

Hugs,, Kymmie ,,, i guess im not alone in being alone , at least we have the hope for it to feel differently

Peace , love and hugs to all

Betty B

On 6/24/2022 at 10:52 AM, Vidanjali said:

So, your sister will be your companion at pride, but you are not out to her? What is her interest in attending pride?

Usually, it's me tagging along as an ally.  She came out over 20 years ago and I only discovered I'm polysexual on a corresponding demi spectrum (does that make sense?) in the last couple of years.  This was my first pride as an out (well, halfway) member of the community. (That's a whole post by itself!)

Yeah, my sister is my closest and dearest friend, a queer woman that married a trans man (recently separated), who could be easier to come out to?!!?

Well, I don't think she is the ally she thinks she is.   We have on several occasions had heated debates over the non-binary community and pronouns. Just yesterday we were talking about sexuality and she said "I think I'm a little bit bi."  to which I responded "You married a man." and the reply I got was "but...  well he's a trans man" I reiterated "yes, he's a man" then she rolled her eyes dismissively and moved on.  

Anyway, that's just one example, there are more.

Doesn't it feel like the stakes are soooo much higher when considering telling people you're close to? I've had an easier time mentioning it casually and spontaneously to people I barely know or see.

Truer words have never been spoken, I've come out to more than one perfect stranger!

I was struck by your comment that you feel wrong/bad for starting a new thread. In doing so, you assert yourself to some extent. I just want to affirm that you are assertable (a word I made up just for you, lol). We WANT to see you & hear from you; you are worthy, valid & beautiful. 

Thank you, I needed that...  also...  How dare you make me feel feelings! 😜🤣

Much luv

Was out for my morning trail walk earlier.   We have a local trail along a river.  It's been there for years, but a footbridge had been washed out in a flood a couple years ago.  Also some parts along the bank had been washed away.  They have been working on repairs though.  A new (fancy suspension) bridge was recently completed and the trail now "officially" opened.

I have been using it since early spring - the part I walk was just not "officially open."  I try to go out around sunrise, and there are seldom other folks down there.  That is a good and bad thing.  Good because I usually have the place to myself - bad because I'm alone in a secluded area.  (I am out full-time but certainly do not "pass")  Since the official opening, there have been more people, although still not many out that early.  I usually see no one else.

About a week ago, I was there alone when I heard someone coming.  They were arguing loudly.  Since I was in a place where I could, I kinda slipped off the trail and watched from a less visible place.  Turned out that only one person came by (a pissed off woman) so that was that.  But I had been concerned for a bit.  Perhaps I was just being silly IDK.

This morning I hadn't been on the trail long when I saw someone through the trees, coming towards me, about 100yds away.  We both stopped and looked at each other for a bit - almost a minute maybe.  Then started walking toward each other.  I could tell it was a woman.  I was wearing a dress of course, so I expect I did "pass" at a distance.  About 50ft she stopped and said she wasn't dangerous, and I said the same.  As we passed she said it wasn't always safe there alone.  I said, "Yeah, I know" and we went on our ways.

The take away I had was, in that moment we had a mutual understanding of vulnerability in that environment.

Gave me something to think about.

3 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

polysexual on a corresponding demi spectrum (does that make sense?) 

Yes. I believe I understand. Similarly, I'm ace and panromantic.

Yeah, my sister is my closest and dearest friend, a queer woman that married a trans man (recently separated)...

We have on several occasions had heated debates over the non-binary community and pronouns. Just yesterday we were talking about sexuality and she said "I think I'm a little bit bi."  to which I responded "You married a man." and the reply I got was "but...  well he's a trans man" I reiterated "yes, he's a man" then she rolled her eyes dismissively and moved on.  

I think many people erroneously assume that anyone in the alphabet soup is necessarily a seamless ally for everyone else. Add familial baggage to that (even despite having a close relationship with someone), and indeed, it can be intimidating and complicated. For example, one of my closest friends is a gay cis man. I have had three major heart to heart conversations with him about my gender - the most recent of which was more of a reckoning during which I told him how I felt hurt by his lack of understanding. I thought we had a breakthrough. Then, just yesterday, he addressed me and another female friend collectively as "ladies". Sigh.

About your sister's questioning bi-ness - I suspect that it's not unusual for folks who engage in relationships with a trans partners question their sexual orientation to some extent. Please forgive me if I am not expressing myself well - I mean no offense to anyone - if there is some aspect of their partner's physicality which they associate maleness or femaleness with, irrespective of their partner's gender, then it's possible that attraction may be a gateway to desiring further exploration regarding how they may find sexual fulfillment with other partners with similar qualities in other contexts. It's a sticky issue, yes, because we strive to be 100% affirming. This is why I personally like the general term "queer". 

How dare you make me feel feelings! 😜🤣

😜😁

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

my wife had her second round of eye surgery today.  I guess it will be about a month until we know for sure if this had the desired effect.

talking about friends and being lonely.  I had no friends throughout most of my adult life.  No one I could call and talk to, have a beer or any such thing.  Combine that with the loneliness of having thoughts that I couldn’t share with anyone.  I broke that when we moved to South Carolina.  I made friends with the neighbors and would talk to them.  

now I talk to all of you and consider you all my friends.  I have refound people I went to high school with and we share on Facebook.  I’m actually amazed that they are all ok with me.  Guess I had more high school friends than I realized.  

and then there is the group I meet with in Wilmington.  They are all my friends and there are several whom I could call or even visit most anytime.

no it’s not quite the same just as you are saying but it’s the best I’ve had most of my life.

Willow

I had lunch with my new friend yesterday. Her car was in the shop so she asked if I could pick her up. She lives literally a 5 minute drive from me. After lunch we went back to her place and I hung out for a few hours. I met her kids and BF. It was a lot for me to take in. I had been with the same person for 15 years but no kids, just dogs. There was so much going on I started to get overloaded but I had  still an amazing time and we're definitely going to be friends.

29 minutes ago, Willow said:

talking about friends and being lonely.  I had no friends throughout most of my adult life.  No one I could call and talk to, have a beer or any such thing.

I'm the same way. Hearing so many of us here who either are, or have been, in that boat makes me feel a little better about it ☺️

Ah yes, loneliness. I met my wife when I was 18. We moved in together a month later. We got married when I was 21. She was always my best friend. After 32 years it still wasn't enough to save us. So for the last 2.5 years I have been experiencing this thing called loneliness, and I have decided that it sucks. Ever the dreamer I still hope to find the One. The one who will love me for who I am without reservation. It can happen right? True love exists doesn't it? I am going to go cry now. I will tell myself everything will work out and that dreams do come true until I believe it again. It will keep me going another day. I will continue to hope and live and who knows... 

~Rachel

Blah, Sorry about that little melt down. Feeling better already. Isn't there some kind of live chat thing available on this site? Do any of us lonely people ever talk to each other? We could set up zoom chats and talk. I mean i have been sitting here for the past 3 hours not doing a dam thing. It would be great to find opportunities to actually talk to each other. Just saying. If anyone is ever intreated in just talking I can be a great listener. Years of practice....

~Rachel

10 hours ago, Willow said:

talking about friends and being lonely.  I had no friends throughout most of my adult life.  No one I could call and talk to, have a beer or any such thing.  Combine that with the loneliness of having thoughts that I couldn’t share with anyone.  I broke that when we moved to South Carolina.  I made friends with the neighbors and would talk to them.  

now I talk to all of you and consider you all my friends.  I have refound people I went to high school with and we share on Facebook.  I’m actually amazed that they are all ok with me.  Guess I had more high school friends than I realized.  

and then there is the group I meet with in Wilmington.  They are all my friends and there are several whom I could call or even visit most anytime.

Thank you @Willowfor sharing this. Me too. I think this is something we all struggle with.

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

it’s a rainy day here.   But that’s ok.  I thinks it’s crying for us after last nights talk.

@CD Rachel there is a connected live chat.  Look above at the menu far right.  I logged on once and quickly realized I couldn’t keep up with the people on it.  They were either using speech to text software or were really fast typers.  If I understand how it works, you can open a private room with people who you want to talk to about ???.  But you’d have to find someone more techy than I am.

my Wilmington group has a private website, Facebook page and uses the same chat service.  I didn’t even bother with the chat room.  I thinks that’s what you might run into unless it’s prearranged.

today is laundry day.  I got one of those shirt folders I can never get them right doing it the old fashion way.

I met my wife 51 years ago.  We got married just over 50 years ago.  I’ve had a struggle keeping us together but we are hanging on so far.  

well I need to finish my coffee and shower.  I guess I could just go outside, I see it’s raining again.  lol

Lots of pro LGBTQI public service ads on tv. Good ones.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Past is coming back to haunt me. Can't stop the tears. It'll be OK.

Hannah,

It's going to be real tough to get through the separation/divorce process, and as you posted you'll be okay. That being said, doesn't reduce your current emotional pain, and realization that a portion of your life is ending. Please know you have a support network here to lean on, sadness, crying are okay.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:39 PM, Willow said:

we did it! We closed!  We spending our first night in the new 

YAY!!!!! That's awesome ❤