• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all

instead of a single cup pod, I made a pot of coffee. First time for this coffee maker.  Well, I have mixed results.  The taste beats any pod I’ve ever used, but, if you don’t care for strong coffee, you would care for this.  I actually do like it but can see that I got the ratio of coffee to cups wrong.

The tropical storm warning was a non-event where I live.  We did get a heavy downpour around 5pm., but that was it.  By then the center of Colin was 60 plus miles north of here on the other side of Wilmington NC.  it was a backside storm.

we went to the ice cream social ii spite of the rain.  We met about 24 neighbors, and learned how the parties worked.  I

think we will be going to more parties here than we did at our previous home. At least so far, the people seem friendlier.

we are making progress with getting out of one storage unit but we have a lot more things to move.  It is obvious we won’t be able to get out of the smaller one unless the sell or give away more things.  Won’t know for sure until we start getting closer to emptying the bigger one to see what’s left.  

I’m still making little mistakes that upset my wife.  For example I mentioned our daughter to someone yesterday.  My wife later reminded me that if I am going to be Willow full time I can’t say we have a daughter or a son.  Honestly I hadn’t given that any thought until she mentioned it.  These people only know me as a woman, not a transgender woman.

well, I hope everyone celebrates our Independence Day and stays safe.  South Carolina is one of the few east coast states where fireworks are legal.  Unfortunately that also means people will get hurt.

Hugs to all

🙋‍♀️ Willow 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
41 minutes ago, Willow said:

I’m still making little mistakes that upset my wife.  For example I mentioned our daughter to someone yesterday.  My wife later reminded me that if I am going to be Willow full time I can’t say we have a daughter or a son.  Honestly I hadn’t given that any thought until she mentioned it.  These people only know me as a woman, not a transgender woman.

Good morning Willow,

I have the fullest of confidence that you will master the coffee maker.

This is an interesting thought, and perspective when being out with a spouse. I never thought about not saying our daughter, our son as a way to give up or out yourself as transgender. Does she expect you to disown them when you are with her? Her son, her daughter, or will you just not talk about family?

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

49 minutes ago, Willow said:

Hi, Willow. Glad you're getting to know your neighbors. And, while I'm sorry your wife got upset, YOU made no mistake. It isn't wrong to mention your daughter. For all the neighbors know, you and your wife are a lesbian couple that either adopted or used in vitro with a sperm donor to conceive a child. You are her parent after all. And, as for being trans or not, that shouldn't be an issue either. To be blunt, and please forgive me but this needs to be said, sister, the issue isn't yours; it's your wife's. You did nothing wrong, made no mistake and that's it.  I agree completely with @Mmindy. Does your wife expect you to disown your children? If so, she's in the wrong.

Apologies for the rant. Afraid this pushed a button. SOrry

Hugs

Oh yeah. Forgot to say this, @Willow. It isn't wrong to be trans. If you want the neighbors to know, that's perfectly fine. If not, that's okay too.

Glad my son has been improving accepting I am finally happy.It has been good with him and calls me Holly most of the time now.He has seen the changes too,felt my right arm and told me my skin is soft like mom's skin.Plus wife and I are talking over a decision I may change on,the gender corrective surgery.Decided not to have it done at first and there are feelings I want to have this done.Said she is still supportive and wants to see me happy

2 hours ago, Willow said:

While it is ultimately your decision how you handle that, I agree with @Mmindyand @Marcie Jensen that it isn't wrong to say that you (plural) have a daughter or a son. Perhaps that is something that you two agreed upon? Having said that, I struggle with saying "my wife" given my transgender status, but that is more a matter, to me, of becoming more accustomed publicly to said status. Of course, in a matter of a few weeks, unlike you, we will no longer be married, and I can simply say "my ex." 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

For example I mentioned our daughter to someone yesterday.  My wife later reminded me that if I am going to be Willow full time I can’t say we have a daughter or a son.

I don't see why not.  We had a lesbian couple as neighbours, and their daughter was "their" daughter.  Even in this little conservative community, that is accepted.  (That couple has since split up, but the non-resident parent still has visitation rights.)

Would your wife be okay with you saying "my daughter" or "my son" instead of "ours"?  That way, you can talk about them without implying that you had them together as a couple, if that is what bothers her.  I don't have kids, but I would find it hard to disown them and pretend that I didn't have them if I did.

Finally sent my email to HR at work notifying my name change and I am transitioning. I am not expecting much help, so I guess I will have to formulate a plan which may amount to having a short morning meeting so my immediate coworkers can possibly call me my right name and pronouns.

It seems daunting because outside of them there are about 100 people here during the day that recognize me by name, so I guess I can depend on shop talk to take care of a lot too. So I am thinking of having some name tags made up. We all wear uniforms so I really can't dress as myself except capri pants and womens sneakers. 

So that's the last hill, at least socially. Then its just finish up my name changes. Am glad I have a therapist to keep my perspective.

My customers being there for support and say I am the same person but much happier.Same with my employees as well.I am glad I did not lose them.

2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Would your wife be okay with you saying "my daughter" or "my son" instead of "ours"?

This is what I thought of as well.  It is what I do, but my ex is now my ex, so…

HI everyone   have good news I started hrt 2 weeks ago, I have reconnected with my daughter, her husband, and my grand daughter. and they all support me as Rachel, and also the other met my x wife of who i have not seen in 30 years is ok with me being me it is so awesome.  I feel pretty darn good.  I would like to thank everyone here this is a great place to have.

I'm enjoying a nice late brunch today. My usual coffee, naturally, plus bacon and some pancakes I'd frozen the other day!

I really needed a nice pick-me-up like that today. Last night I was wearing one of my nice nightgowns and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. All I saw was some kind of bulked-up linebacker. 😭 It absolutely freaked me the heck out, and I went kind of ballistic. Then I had a dream that had me reliving one of the worst times in my life. I guess I'm not quite as over that as I thought I was. There was also some stuff earlier in the evening that..it wasn't anything bad really, or anything trans-related, it just happened to touch the wrong nerve and left me feeling pretty insecure. Ugh, all in all, not the best night.

Luckily today's better so far. My nice, pleasant, slow little Sunday brunch definitely helped 😊

The rest of today is mostly going to be about cleaning up around the house. That's been getting neglected more than I'm comfortable with lately (I only have so much time & energy during the week), so that's another thing that's been weighing on me. So it'll be nice to get some of that taken care of. Luckily the sun's out today, too.

42 minutes ago, rachel w said:

HI everyone   have good news I started hrt 2 weeks ago, I have reconnected with my daughter, her husband, and my grand daughter. and they all support me as Rachel, and also the other met my x wife of who i have not seen in 30 years is ok with me being me it is so awesome.  I feel pretty darn good.  I would like to thank everyone here this is a great place to have.

Congrats on HRT and everything else!

On 7/2/2022 at 6:59 AM, Jackie C. said:

At least you're not alone. I've got clients today too.

Hugs!

Been working all weekend- my life knows no holidays.

Thinking about my 25th high school reunion,most of my classmates I graduated with know of my transitioning.Told them I am going to it including my wife

• Forum Moderator
7 minutes ago, HollyNG said:

Thinking about my 25th high school reunion,most of my classmates I graduated with know of my transitioning.Told them I am going to it including my wife

Glad to hear it!  Have fun!

This year would have been my 50th.  I guess nobody cared enough to organize one.  It's a shame because I would have had fun coming out to my classmates. 

We had a 25th that was well-attended.  They did a new yearbook, with everyone sending in biographies of what they'd been up to since graduation, even people who didn't attend in person.

3 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

Glad to hear it!  Have fun!

This year would have been my 50th.  I guess nobody cared enough to organize one.  It's a shame because I would have had fun coming out to my classmates. 

We had a 25th that was well-attended.  They did a new yearbook, with everyone sending in biographies of what they'd been up to since graduation, even people who didn't attend in person.

Next weekend

My 50th was supposed to be two years ago. Cancelled due to pandemic. Someone decided to have a 50+2, which will be in October. I intend to attend, and I will legally be Hannah by then. Should be interesting. 

• Forum Moderator

My 40th is next year. I would love to go as Kymmie. However, it probably be as they knew me in school. Or didn't know me. I was just a nobody from the autoshop. Maybe if I still had my car from when I was in high school people would then know me.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

My 40th is next year. I would love to go as Kymmie. However, it probably be as they knew me in school. Or didn't know me. I was just a nobody from the autoshop. Maybe if I still had my car from when I was in high school people would then know me.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Sweetie, after two years of transitioning, people who stood up at my wedding didn't recognize me. Good times.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I intend to attend, and I will legally be Hannah by then.

That's great!

Look what quarantine, and isolation allowed me to do.

A woman never tells her true age. So you'll be 39 and holding.

Happy early Birthday,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Happy Independence Day. July 4th is an even bigger holiday for me though. 7/4/2020 my egg cracked and I went "ah -expletive-, I think I'm transgender". 3 weeks later and a lot of anxiety, fear and struggle, I came out to my wife. I received unconditional support for who I was. Over the next week we talked about how I should proceed and after talking it over with my clinic manager to see how the employees might react and or affect biz, I came out full time. So even though this country goes to -crap- more and more every year and I have a harder time celebrating its birthday, I celebrate this day for allowing me to shed the constructs and shame I was living with for 54 years. Happy Egg cracking day to me!

1055729615_Transeggcrack.jpeg.9b8859d9c4f693febec284e16762492d.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning every one, the coffee was HOT, strong, and black.:coffee:

🇺🇸Happy Independence Day🇺🇸 to those who celebrate it.

I'm working in the weld shop early to day, and will be attending tonight's 4th of July event.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

31 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Happy Independence Day. July 4th is an even bigger holiday for me though. 7/4/2020 my egg cracked and I went "ah -expletive-, I think I'm transgender". 3 weeks later and a lot of anxiety, fear and struggle, I came out to my wife. I received unconditional support for who I was. Over the next week we talked about how I should proceed and after talking it over with my clinic manager to see how the employees might react and or affect biz, I came out full time. So even though this country goes to -crap- more and more every year and I have a harder time celebrating its birthday, I celebrate this day for allowing me to shed the constructs and shame I was living with for 54 years. Happy Egg cracking day to me!

CONGRATS  @Bri2020!!! Happy egg cracking day!

-- Davie

41 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

😊😊😊😊😊😊👍👍👍