• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning and happy 4th to everyone! Had a great time last night watching fireworks at the local raceway. Enjoy your day and celebrate any freedom you have. Hopefully living authentically and happy.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning and happy 4th of July

Thank you everyone for the comments about my “Our daughter” comment.  I am pretty sure the people we’ve met look at us as a couple and lesbian.  One couple introduced themselves to us as such.  We are finding lots of nice people here. My wife worked into a group of women in the pool yesterday.  I was happy for her at that.  She needs friends.

She doesn’t like being thought of as a lesbian couple.  I think she gives others too much credit for the slight mistakes.  We are talking about people who are our age and older.  And they don’t seem to care.

High school reunions and high school friends and coming out.  The last reunion I attended was our 45.  Next year would be my 55th.  Like you say, if I were to go which is unlikely, but not impossible.  Many of my classmates do know about me.  I have refriended them on Facebook and they are all fine with it.  I have never gone to a college homecoming.  And I don’t keep up with any of my military friends.  My best friend from the Air Force died some years ago.

Well, I need to get moving.  I’ve had my coffee and breakfast.  Time to shower and get dressed.  

Hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

High school reunions and high school friends and coming out.

I've never been to a reunion.  My family moved to another state for my senior year.  I was an outsider and don't even know anyone from there now.  

I suppose I was traumatized by it, but meh.

36 minutes ago, Jandi said:

I've never been to a reunion.  My family moved to another state for my senior year.  I was an outsider and don't even know anyone from there now.  

I suppose I was traumatized by it, but meh.

I went to a different school senior year too (same state though). I hated the new school, although I was never particularly happy with the old one either. There's no way in Hades I'd ever go to a reunion for either one. No one at the second school I really knew (lots of kleptos, too), and no one at the first school I would ever want to see again.

Good morning, everyone. 
I haven't been on here in a long time but I am finally back!

Right now I just finished my ice coffee and working on some assignments. 
I hope everyone is doing well! 😁

• Forum Moderator

Hi, 

we are having a natural fireworks this afternoon.  Not particularly colorful but very loud and bright.

I finally found my new truck. The Ford Maverick Hybrid. I haven't been able to locate one for months but was able to snag this before someone else did. I've been wishing someone would come out with a hybrid suburban style truck for years. Not a monstrosity like the F150 lightning.  Ford did, but then with computer chip shortages you couldn't get find one.  You had to have pre-ordered them. Well, someone bought this, put 1000 miles on it and sold it back to the dealership for a profit. The original MSRP which dealers had to honor when they took the preorder was only $26k for a base model. This was more like a $31k model.  Now you can't get them for under $40k.  Still, a new hybrid truck with most of the bells and whistles for $40k is a deal in my book.  It gets an average of 42mpg and they didn't lie about that. I reset the thing and on my 95% highway trip home I got 41mpg. I reset it again and drove across town and back tonight which is non stop lights at every intersection and I got 47 mpg.  They have tiny four and half foot beds but they are real beds with tie down rails and anchor points. Perfect for me who just needs to throw signs in the back or the occasional home depot trip. Gone are my days of needing payloads and towing capacity.

Funny thing is i owned the original Maverick- a 1972 4 door sedan similar to the one below.  It was a pile of junk and probably my worst car ever.  

885A3CCB-F6D0-41D9-9EAF-1420048C977B.thumb.jpeg.8b4ee35269aea9c2f82adf04fd143cda.jpeg

1393645157_ScreenShot2022-07-04at9_54_47PM.thumb.png.33cae2f3e4e1da05af48a64e44f2a5bd.png

How was everyone's 4th of July weekend? We didn't watch fireworks, but we did BBQ some burgers and weenies. :)

I'm hoping this week goes well. I've been feeling kind of ostracized from the people around me lately. Then again, that's not much new. I've always had an issue connecting to others. I blame trauma. I'm in therapy for it, though. It's rough work, but it has to be done. I just hope this feeling of "offness" goes away in due time. It's really messing with me.

• Forum Moderator

Well for the 4th I took the day off. (cough-cough) Took a ride. Originally planned on breakfast in a little town, Saratoga. on the other side of the snowy range. They were closed. then we headed to Sinclair. To another restaurant, they were closed. then one other they were closed. Wound up going to Denny's. rode through rain. but all in all had a good day. 

Friday we ride to Denver to Ball Arena. to see, Loverboy, Styx and REO Speedwagon.  Looking forward to it.

Hugs,
Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I reset the thing and on my 95% highway trip home I got 41mpg.

Hybrid user pro-tip: Keep it to 65 and under on the highway. You'll get there slower, but you'll also get about 10-20% better mileage. Sounds like 10 for you. Rhonda goes from 41 mpg to 50 mpg because she's a little trooper.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, NashySlashy said:

How was everyone's 4th of July weekend? We didn't watch fireworks, but we did BBQ some burgers and weenies. :)

Mixed. I worked. I have my wife an excellent birthday. My aunt and uncle were involved in a wreck. My uncle is bruised up, my aunt is in the hospital and my aunt's mother was killed on impact. On a personal note, when I offered to help out, they immediately refused. I guess they're not as comfortable with me as I thought.

Hugs!

Just now, Jackie C. said:

Mixed. I worked. I have my wife an excellent birthday. My aunt and uncle were involved in a wreck. My uncle is bruised up, my aunt is in the hospital and my aunt's mother was killed on impact. On a personal note, when I offered to help out, they immediately refused. I guess they're not as comfortable with me as I thought.

Hugs!

That's horrible! I'm so sorry that happened. Hugs for you. ❤️

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, NashySlashy said:

I just hope this feeling of "offness" goes away in due time. It's really messing with me.

Good afternoon from central Indiana,

We had a great Independence Day Weekend. My wife and I are Fireworks Junkies, and split our viewings between two favorites, and another small town show. By far the best Fireworks Show Ever, is in our City of Westfield, IN. They've really gone all out for this event called #WestfieldRocksThe4th.

I'm glad you're in therapy, and understand that it's necessary. That being said, it's also not a quick fix, and takes time. Don't give up, you're worth the time, and effort to see yourself through.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

How was my 4th, wet and noisy.  I saw at least one cloud to ground strike the as very close to me.  I guess someone was upset with the congregation.  It hit a church and started a fire.  Must be ultra conservatives, anti LGBTQI and anti womens rights.  I realize that statement isn’t particularly Christian either but I’m tired of this.  All we want are the same things every one else wants.  Why can’t we?  And are they trying to set women back 150 years or more?  

ok rant over.  Went to the county offices to prove residency for the purpose of getting our homestead rate on our taxes.  SC has a three tiered real estate tax system.  One rate for non-resident owners or part-time residents.  A second lower rate for full time residents, and a third tier for over 65 full time residents.  The homestead rate seems to be handled differently from county to county.  Then we went to look for taller stools to eat at our counter, lights for our bedside.  And lastly we stopped at the bank no matter what I tried I couldn’t change our mailing address on the website.  Turns out it doesn’t accept key words “unit”, # or similar.  Turns out it does accept the word “number”. Who would have figured that out sine the only thing you get is bad format for US Post Office.

Hope everyone had a great 4th if you are on this side of the pond.

We had a group of neighbors do a BBQ and it was fun for all.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

pot of coffee was made today.  We’ve been experimenting with coffee scoops to figure out what’s best.  More thunderstorms expected today and tomorrow.  I’m supposed to be getting my windshield replaced today but I’m pretty sure they won’t do it if there is rain in the forecast.  Last time we went to Charleston we got hit by a baseball size rock.

it’s already pretty humid and a cloud cover is moving in.  The feels like high is supposed to be 105-110 degrees.  Put that on your fenceometer @KymmieL.  lol

might just have to spend some time in the pool until the storm comes. 

every day we make a little more progress getting our things here and put away.  We don’t have far to go.  Everything is within walking distance.   

Our next holiday isn’t until September but I am looking forward to it.  Our oldest granddaughter is coming for a visit.  Even though she earned the right to be in National Honor Society she chose to decline.  She said she did not intend to go to college.  Funny thing, as an elective she took a welding class.  She really enjoyed it so now she is going to her local community college to take a certified welder program. I will say they make good money, certainly more than most college graduates do.  Don’t get me wrong college graduates do eventually make more but it takes a long time until the break even.  I say go for it!  If it makes you happy and puts food on the table, a roof over your head and turns on the lights it’s a good career.

if she happened to move here there is a boat building company that is always looking for skilled tradesmen and has great benefits.  But I don’t imagine she will since all her friends are in Virginia.

well the coffee could use a reheat and the clouds are clearing.  Guess I’ll get some more coffee.

talk to everyone later.

Hugs

Willow 

3 minutes ago, Willow said:

Funny thing, as an elective she took a welding class.  She really enjoyed it so now she is going to her local community college to take a certified welder program.

Good on her.

I've mentioned before that one of my daughters is a mechanic.  It's good to see some of these gender barriers getting broken down.

I'm craving something hot and soupy this morning. Not necessarily soup, but maybe ramen or chili? I don't know. Somebody is cooking something in the office kitchen that smells really good lol.

My FtM kit from Etsy came in the mail the other day and in it was a small trans flag. I'm tempted to hang it up in my office, but I just know one of the older people I work with will see it and start trouble with me...if he even knows what the trans flag is. So for now, until I'm comfortable coming out, it's staying in my desk drawer.

Good  morning, trans folks,

I got my final (or fourth) covid booster yesterday. This time Pfizer

instead of Moderna-- It's what they had on sale, I guess. So now

I got a fever over night. I guess that's a normal reaction, something's

fighting something for my benefit, I guess. Got to sign the form as

non-binary this time. Cool. That's my name, not my health, which

I take it is bettah than evah, prevention-wise.

Hope you all stay healthy and safe.

This too will pass.

💜

— Davie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, NashySlashy said:

My FtM kit from Etsy came in the mail the other day and in it was a small trans flag.

My curiosity has been piqued. What is included in a FtM kit? I'm guessing a binder and maybe a packer?

I probably should have asked the prosthetics guy at Keystone, but I was WAY too embarrassed to check out his shop.

In other news, wore my trans-flag mask to the doctor's office today. After all it's the flag for the place where all the pretty girls and handsome boys come from.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, NashySlashy said:

hot and soupy this morning.

Good morning from central Indian, where "Hot and Soupy" describes our weather this week, and today.

We reach a blistering 100°F yesterday with the humidity in the 70% range. Today is suppose to me the same. I agree with @Willowand her comment about the fenceometer @KymmieLhas.

This morning's coffee is still HOT, strong, and black because I'm drinking it in the air-conditioned comfort of my home office.:coffee:

Yesterday contained a real pleasant surprise, and closed with a feeling of motivation, comfort, and motivation. I had the pleasure of meeting with @Maddee for conversation, dinner, and more conversation. In person she is a boost of confidence, and a real sweetheart. Since I didn't want to just do the same-o-chain restaurant for her visit, I suggested German food at The Rathskeller with Bavarian-style decor. Thank you Maddee.

@Jandiand @Willow  Like you, I also have women in my family working in the Trades, that were once only held for men. The Trades are value added jobs that needs to be filled, whether it's in a factory, small shop, or in service to the public as plumber, finish carpenter, or electrician.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

52 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

My curiosity has been piqued. What is included in a FtM kit? I'm guessing a binder and maybe a packer?

Binding tape, some shower products that are tailored for men, and a jockstrap (my husband mentioned it's a very flimsy one, so I guess I'll only use it once lol).

It also came with a "he/him" pin, a rainbow keychain, and a trans flag. Pretty cool. :) 

• Forum Moderator

Safe Travels @Maddee,

I'm so happy your follow up went well.

Thank you again for keeping in touch.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋