• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Morning everyone.

My weekend of the fourth was interesting. I hung out and BBQed with my new friend and her family on Sunday. I left a sunset due to the firework scaring my dogs. I spent the 4th up North with my GF. We didn't get to do a whole lot and mostly just hung out but I started getting flooded with message from people asking if I was ok. I had no idea what they were talking about, at first. I spend a lot of time hanging around Highland Park, IL and when I found out what happened there it all made sense. Even friends from other countries were checking on me. Guess bad news travels far and fast.

I ended up at my friends house last night. She was pretty insistent that I come over for dinner. Per a previous conversation I let myself in the breezeway but stopped and knocked on the door before I let myself in the house. Upon entering I met her BF who told me "only cops knock". Apparently I'm supposed to just walk up in their house whenever I feel like it. It's going to take a bit to get used to. Dinner was homemade lasagna and white wine. It was one of the best meals I've had in months.

While I was there I participated in whatever they had going on. Helping clean up after dinner, watering the flowers. I felt like I was part of something. Things eventually took a turn. Not in a bad way, more like neutral to good. While we were out tending the flowers she asked me if I would go on a date with her. I though it was interesting how she didn't just ask if I wanted to go see a movie but used the word "date" instead. When we went for lunch a couple weeks ago, it was just "lunch". I am getting a vibe and don't feel like I'm reading into this but I'm open to new things so I'll see where this goes. Our "date" is on Sunday.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

While we were out tending the flowers she asked me if I would go on a date with her. I though it was interesting how she didn't just ask if I wanted to go see a movie but used the word "date" instead. When we went for lunch a couple weeks ago, it was just "lunch". I am getting a vibe and don't feel like I'm reading into this but I'm open to new things so I'll see where this goes. Our "date" is on Sunday.

That's nice! Hopefully you have a great time. :)

Good morning, everyone.

Today is going to be a long one at work. Scrambling to find things to do to keep me occupied. The unfortunate about my job is that, for the most part, I have to wait for someone to send me an email detailing an urgent task that needs done. I have audits in the meantime, but they're considered low-priority since they're internal audits and nothing that we're going to send out to anyone. I suppose I could do a couple of those, if nobody else sends me anything that warrants immediate action...

They're just very boring to do lol. But hey, it's honest work. And I get paid tomorrow, so I can FINALLY get my haircut. ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Boy did I have a bad night.  I hardly got any sleep.  I just couldn’t get comfortable, no matter what I tried.

Liz, I gotta say you are meeting some good people. Enjoy your date.  We are also meeting a lot of nice people.  But not the same.  

I guess I need to get ready for whatever the day has in store.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I am getting a vibe and don't feel like I'm reading into this but I'm open to new things so I'll see where this goes. Our "date" is on Sunday.

Good morning Lizzy,

I'm glad you're getting good vibes on your up coming date. I'm also relived that you checked in safe from the Highland Park Tragedy. It's just horrible how so many people have lost the value of life.

On a lighter note it's cool that you're expanding your friendships and staying active outside of work. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

8 minutes ago, Jaycie said:

Good morning everyone!!! 

Sending love and hugs to everyone here and hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Back at ya girl!🤗

Upon entering I met her BF who told me "only cops knock".

That's a new one to me, I've reprimanded (half jokingly) people for "cop knocking" (5 firm stigato knocks) as it sends my heart into my shoes. 

Have fun on your date!

22 hours ago, Mmindy said:

finish carpenter

As a carpenter...  I would advise no one to chose this trade, any other trade but carpenter.  It just harder (not that it can't be done) to make good money due to the fact that, by and large, we are just considered "laborers".  Add to that winter lay-offs and the market dependency of demand, when bubbles pop, people stop the big jobs ie. New homes and additions become maintenance and repairs not to mention the sun ages you, and you almost certainly will need knees and such replaced later on. 

So sorry, just needed to rant.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:24 AM, NashySlashy said:

I'm tempted to hang it up in my office, but I just know one of the older people I work with will see it and start trouble with me...if he even knows what the trans flag is.

Screenshot_20220527-212015_Firefox.thumb.jpg.f37f6fee5017085ceabc1fa6e9ea730a.jpg

I've found this pin to be innocuous enough to go unnoticed by all except those in the know. 

Morning all,  if you are well, then it is well.  Coffee is... gone😭.  But more can be made!!!😜

I didn't realize it was the 4th until I was in my truck setting my GPS and noticed the date (tell me you are out of touch without telling me you are out of touch)!  I was just going to go anyway as opposed to losing out on money but then realized that the home owners probably wouldn't appreciate me up in their business with power tools on a holiday and so reconsidered.  Ended up just doing some odds and ends for my landlords.   Overall, a good day.

Much luv

Hi all, just catching up... 

@Jackie C. that's an intense 4th. I'm so sorry. 

My husband and I went to clean out my office on the 4th, as he had the day off. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. I don't keep a lot of stuff, but it's the sorting and sifting that becomes time consuming. Hey! In case I hadn't mentioned it, I did officially resign on June 23. If anyone recalls, I'd been getting the run around regarding how ADA and seeking disability accommodations are handled at my now former job. I decided it was too stressful and detrimental to my health to fight for this job which has also been so stressful. I feel good and confident about the decision, and my husband has been unflappably supportive. I am very fortunate. Later, as is customary for the 4th (as well as new years eve), we came home, medicated one of the pups and swaddled him in his crate (our other pup, the husky, is fearless), and chilled out at home. I think that night we started watching the 3rd season of Atlanta. Does anyone watch that? It's really one of the weirdest shows on TV, I think. It is also brilliant. 

Ahhh, back to coffee. I am enjoying a cappuccino which my husband brought me in bed. An excellent start to the morning. I have residual anger about aspects of my former job & I am consciously working on letting go of. I do not want that bitterness. Time heals all wounds, but not time alone, I think; time + self-effort + grace. 

I had a small mental tailspin yesterday, but I managed to push through the guilt of being myself to talk to two allies (my husband and my one queer cousin), and I felt much better. It's like trying to punch through sand, that guilt, such a lousy habit which I strive to drop. Here's what upset me. It seems so innocuous, but I imagine folks here will understand. Next week, my husband and I are driving up to Orlando to meet my brother and his family at their Disney vacation. Note, my brother and I are very close, he is amazingly emotionally intelligent, and I came out to him as trans nonbinary last year. He'd asked for our shirt sizes because they were thinking of getting family vacation tee-shirts for everyone. Not my favorite look, but I was willing to play along. Yesterday, he sent a picture of his daughter who was wearing a pink Minnie Mouse 2022 family vacation shirt. I immediately hypothesized that all the "girls" in the family would be getting pink Minnie shirts, and all the boys, blue Mickey. I didn't want to text to ask because I was sure he and his wife had their hands full with 3 kids at the airport, getting to their lodgings, and park attending, etc. I did not want to impose myself, especially on a speculation. I talked with my husband - which was hard! I was afraid I'd be accused of being extra or petty. But he understood my concern, and told me if that turns out to be the case, I don't have to wear the shirt and that I could tell my brother why and that he's sure he'd understand. Moreover, it could be an opportunity for him to discuss gender with his kids - who knows. Of all the things to get upset about - gender dysphoria is tricky like that - sometimes it rears its head when one least expects it. Hopefully my brother will surprise me in a good way. He's not someone I'd usually worry about hurting me, even unwittingly. Regardless, I am no longer upset about the possibility having diffused the negative feelings yesterday with the help of allies. 

• Forum Moderator

Hey, everyone.

@Willow sorry just temp on the fencometer. Which is reading about 70 this am. My Friday today as I am off tomorrow and Sat. Me and the wife are heading to Denver to see, Loverboy, Styx, and REO Speedwagon, tomorrow.

Even with the upcoming event. My depression is rearing its ugly head, pretty bad. Not bad enough to think the big S, just a smidge higher though. I sent an I love you to the wife yesterday. I finally got the "read" notification now. Nothing back though. She has been cool with me for the past few weeks. Except on Monday. I can barely remember our last "romantic" kiss. She barely talks to me. It seems she is doing more things with our youngest than with me.

I am getting to the point of leaving again. saying the hell with the house. The hell with everything.  I can barely think straight. I barely want to put on my E patches.

Then there is work. Where even though I am on the management team I am treated like a 2nd class worker. Never given any information. Our new transfer seems to avoid me. And we where not even formerly introduced. I still haven't been told that the other manager, everyone's buddy( including the district manager) has gotten the commercial desk. Now except for the weekends. When the manager is away he gets to open the store. I seem to be banished to the closing shift again.  except the weekends when none of them work.

I need something good to happen. Which probably won't.

Thanks for listening.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
4 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Then there is work. Where even though I am on the management team I am treated like a 2nd class worker. Never given any information. Our new transfer seems to avoid me. And we where not even formerly introduced. I still haven't been told that the other manager, everyone's buddy( including the district manager) has gotten the commercial desk. Now except for the weekends. When the manager is away he gets to open the store. I seem to be banished to the closing shift again.  except the weekends when none of them work.

Look at it this way: You ARE a second-class citizen (I mean, TECHNICALLY 3rd because LGBTQIA+, but...). Women in the United States have less rights (technically NO rights as the 28th was never officially ratified) and are treated poorly by the patriarchy. So... womanhood!

Personally, I find it affirming when random people treat me just like any other woman. I mean, it's still awful, but I don't let it bother me because it just means I'm one of the girls.

As a side note, over the holiday a friend I hadn't seen in like ten years showed up on my doorstep unannounced. Boy was HE surprised.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Today is my slow day catching up with paperwork, and office stuff. I'm not wearing the weld shop clothing I've had to wear in the past several days when it was in the high 90s with 70% humidity. No today is overcast and cool comparatively.

@Ticket For EpicI totally get your rant about Finish Carpentry, being more tied to the economy of real estate. 

@NashySlashyI love the Heat from fire - Fire from heat button. As @Ticket For Epic points out it could go unnoticed by most, and only folks who understand the Blue, Pink, White, and Blue colors represent will get it. My wife never makes the connection with subtle pins, buttons, or scarfs. I will always say hi, I love your pin, button, or scarf and get a smile in return. My wife will then ask if I know them? So pin that thing to your daily wear, and brothers/sisters, allies, and informed supporters will love it.

@WillowI hope you get settled in and can find nightly rest as you become comfortable with your new home.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
16 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Me and the wife are heading to Denver to see, Loverboy, Styx, and REO Speedwagon, tomorrow.

@KymmieLthis sounds like a date night event. 2.5 hour drive down, what use to be a three headliner concert, and hopefully a hotel stay. Just the two of you? Let it go, and have fun, maybe she'll join in on the fun.

I agree with @Jackie C.and your womanhood status at work. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning everyone

lime aid slush in my hand 

something i got on the way home from urgent care

bed ridden a few days, had to fix that ...

all went well during the office visit,,,they were so kind to this old girl ,,

they are going to call me Betty,,, after 5 years with no dr at all , i think i have found one i trust again 

Peace, Love n Hugs to everyone 

Betty B

That's great, Betty! 

Kymmie, I hope your trip exceeds your expectations in a good way. 

Is "heat from fire, fire from heat" specifically used to practice voice feminization? 

1 hour ago, Vidanjali said:

Atlanta. Does anyone watch that? It's really one of the weirdest shows on TV, I think. It is also brilliant.

Yes, it's a risk-taking show and some ARE brilliant tho year 3 is a little spotty.

29 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

As a side note, over the holiday a friend I hadn't seen in like ten years showed up on my doorstep unannounced. Boy was HE surprised.

HELLO! LOL.

Good morning all. Good news from me. My COVID shot fever is gone and I feel great. So I decided to try to ride the bike I haven't ridden in two months. Pushed it to the park and tried it out on the grass in case I tip over. Voilá!! I rode. OK, it wasn't that far, but I didn't fall over. It's a start so now it's on to gaining strength and balance so I can ride a long ways. So excited! And so I'm really looking forward to our Big Trans picnic on Saturday. Lots of folks I've known online but never met in person. And a whole bunch of them: 20-30 or so. That'll be a pleasant SURPRISE to all of us, I'd say. Have a great day.

— Davie

• Forum Moderator
17 minutes ago, Betty_B said:

Peace, Love n Hugs to everyone 

Betty B

Good morning Betty,

I'm glad you found a Doctor you can trust, and keep up with.

Hope you feel better soon,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Davie said:

Voilá!! I rode.

Davie, I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope you continue to ride without incident.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

That's fantastic news @Davie !! I'm actually finding Atlanta season 3 to be outstanding. Haven't finished it yet, but I find some of the themes to be refreshingly challenging to established norms, and I'm impressed by the conciseness, cleverness, and effectiveness of the writing. Also, some gorgeous aesthetics. 

Just thought I'd randomly toss this out there, but I don't suppose anyone's planning to be out around either Fremont, IL or Perrysburg/Toledo, OH (or Fremont, OH, for that matter) this coming weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday? I'll be passing through both those days to visit my cousin in Kalamazoo, MI.

3 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

Just thought I'd randomly toss this out there, but I don't suppose anyone's planning to be out around either Fremont, IL or Perrysburg/Toledo, OH (or Fremont, OH, for that matter) this coming weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday? I'll be passing through both those days to visit my cousin in Kalamazoo, MI.

Ugh, I meant "Fremont, IN", not "Fremont, IL"!

6 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Ugh, I meant "Fremont, IN", not "Fremont, IL"!

🙁 I was all excited. Fremont, IL is like 20 minutes from me.

Okay, so far.  Baked bread and drank coffee.  And it hasn't gotten hot yet.

Unfortunately I need to take my car in for some repairs in awhile.