• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

2 hours ago, Michelle F said:

Hi, ummm, I've been away for a bit.

This is the update...

Top Surg completed

Bottom Surg completed

Waiting for FFS date as we type. More than likely be in Late Aug or early Sept.

That's so wonderful! Congratulations 💖💖💖!!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Jandi said:

I was getting frequent email about my PayPal saying it was locked etc.   But it always worked anyway.  I phigured it was some kind of scam.

If you do, don't click on any link in such emails, it may look like PayPal.com but may be paypai using a capital (upper case) little i to replace the lowercase L in PayPal.

Instead, manually type in paypal.com in a fresh browser and check your account yourself. It usually is a phishing attempt.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Michelle F said:

This is the update...

Top Surg completed

Bottom Surg completed

Waiting for FFS date as we type. More than likely be in Late Aug or early Sept.

Hey there Michelle, 

Thats a great update, congratulations on reaching those goals.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

i got a sad cry for help tonight.  My 18year old Granddaughter called. Her dad is dying of cancer.  Her mom called her today to expect a call about disability benefits.  As part of the call her mom told her that as far as she knew, my granddaughter is his next of kin.  She turned to me for help.  Glad to do anything I can for her.  She’s been caught between her parents most of her life.  I never would have guessed her dad wasn’t married.  He has fathered 6 kids.  Three with my daughter and 3 with the woman he is with now.  There is apparently a question if they are married or not.  

good morning

trying to  enjoy  coffee this morning

i think my road stops here, and my bucket list starts now,, i have got stuck  just cant do the dr thing no more ,, easier to accept the end then to fight my mind, trying to go somewhere i cant with out my skin crawling,, so it quality and not quantity  ,  my mind at peace will give my at least a little  quality,,,o well never did fit into life ,,,

Peace Love N hugs to all

Betty  B

Good morning all,

Coming into the day with a toothache and slightly low mood. Probably due to the toothache lol. Hopefully it passes by the end of the day.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

The coffee and life routine is getting back to normal for me. The real change in my life will be after November 12, 2022, when I make my last professional speaking engagement in Hot Springs, AR.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Willow said:

got a sad cry for help tonight.

Willow, you're in my prayers as you work through the grieving process, helping your granddaughter.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

It needs to be a heat resistant straw. May be an image of text that says 'That moment when I realized my coffee pot has a straw holder.'

19 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

It needs to be a heat resistant straw. May be an image of text that says 'That moment when I realized my coffee pot has a straw holder.'

So that's what that little hole is for! Good to know.

• Forum Moderator

Well I am not sure if it is the stress of the move or what. Our youngest had a severe seizure last night. He just froze up, usually it lasts for maybe a minute or two. This one lasted in one form until the ambulance got here. He was released last night.  With all the stress of the move. One thing I didn't need. Then going to bed last night. I hop into bed only to find our new kitten has used my side of the bed as a bathroom.

Well next 5 days off. And the fun begins today.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I guess I’m heading in a different direction right now, my stress is easing not increasing.  

@Mmindy I never realized that hole was for a coffee infusion but I usually stop at 12 oz.  Anymore than that and I can get the jitters.  Congratulations on scheduling your last talk before full retirement.    And thank you for your concern.  I hold no grudge against my ex-son-in-law.  He did threaten me more than once during their divorce.  At one point he bought or was given a handgun.  He thought it made him a big man to open carry it when he was at my daughters house or a couple of occasions when he was trying to provoke me.  Even my wife was worried he would show up and kill his family and us.  unfortunately he got a growth on his foot that he didn’t see a doctor until he couldn’t walk. That was cancer by then they tried removing half his foot, the his leg below the knee, finally almost to his hip but since it kept metastasizing they said they couldn’t do any more. They found 12 more tumors in the last month.  Now I feel bad for him but mostly for his children.

@KymmieL wow, what a night.  I am sorry and will keep your son in my thoughts.  Like you said now comes the big push and no matter how much you get done, there will be a scramble at the end.

My wife an I have been having some more open discussions about me and the things that upset her and what she can or can’t tell people.  I’ve told her multiple times that if someone asks about us she can tell them about me.  I’m good with my situation so it doesn’t bother me who knows.  I’d rather the knew then stare at me or talk behind my back.  I just wish someone had helped me understand when I first had the symptoms.  Instead, I hid it or so I thought.  I’ve admitted to her that there are things I’ve told my first therapist that I’ve never divulged to anyone else, not even her.  I guess that’s because they were some of the most telling signs but that I was most embarrassed about.

Well I’ve got work to do. Hanging pictures and quilts. Things like that.

hugs

Willow

Hang in there everyone. My thoughts are with you all who are being challenged right now. 
hugs

• Forum Moderator

Ugh, what a lousy night.  I was awake for all but 90 minutes.

I get pains in my hip and upper leg and groin area.  Last nights is still raging.  None of the things that usually help worked.

I texted with my son about Joey’s (ex-son-in-law) situation.  He was unaware his cancer had gotten so bad.

I also confirmed with my daughter that her daughter is his next of kin.  What a tough spot for an 18 year old.  Welcome to being an adult.  Your dad has terminal cancer and you get to make all of his decisions.

At least I was in my 30s when my dad died and was 50 when I had to make some difficult decisions for my mother.  My sister wasn’t about to make them even though she was older.

first patch is on. I have weekly patches.  Assuming they release the full dosage indicated on the literature, it would be an increase in my dosage.  I did find out why I can’t simply switch to a different injection, it’s not allowed by Medicare.

my coffee is almost done so this post, is over.  My sponsor is telling me to hurry up and sigh off or they’ll just go to black.

Willow

Yay, my roommate is mad at me. :D

So we work together at the same job, though different positions. She got in trouble for trying to call off work when her two backups were either new/inexperienced or sick. I called off earlier this week to pay bills with my spouse. She got mad and was like, "So it's okay when you do it, but I can't do it?" Keep in mind, my job can get away with having an off day. Hers can't, as she's a receptionist. And the other two receptionists were either unavailable, or too new to be left alone.

So now she's saying that the boss is playing favorites and that she's been unfairly slighted. Great!

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get that off my chest.

@WillowI'm sorry you had such a rough night. Hopefully today will be much better!

2 hours ago, Willow said:

I did find out why I can’t simply switch to a different injection, it’s not allowed by Medicare.

I'll never understand how these people think.  As for the patches, they work fine for me.

Do you have a pinched nerve or something?  That can cause weird stuff.

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi I’ve had x-ray guided injections, laser ablation and some other type injections.  (Basically steroids)  the ablation worked best.  Tried to get another series.  Turns out that doctor left the area and his replacement won’t be taking patients until late September.  Long story, yes it is a pinched nerve due to arthritis.

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Jandi said:

'll never understand how these people think.

It's pretty simple: "Our business model doesn't work if we have to pay out so we need to squeeze the client for every dollar we're allowed." That means that they're incentivised to limit you to the cheapest possible option and deny your claim entirely whenever they think they can get away with it. Insurance companies are NOT your friends.

Source: I worked for an insurance company out of High School. The first words out of my supervisor's mouth for my orientation were, "Remember, insurance is a scam."

Hugs!

23 hours ago, Jandi said:

I'll never understand how these people think.  

It's Medicare--a government agency. Ronald Reagan once said, "The most frightening words in the world are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"  There's truth in those words.

Sitting in a classroom with 25-30 other individuals who are also going through a divorce and have kids. State mandated, Focus on the Kids, couples take the class separate from each other. Lots of stuff for parents to think about regarding how kids are affected. At least I don't have to explain why my wife and I are getting divorced. Kinda self-explanatory.

Good morning. finished my second cup of coffee already. I just wanted to share a couple milestone moments here. I was down at my wifes (soon to be ex) house when she noticed my face was cut up and badly scraped up. She asked what happened and I explained that I made the mistake of shaving while looking in the mirror. I further explained that seeing my facial hair triggers my dysphoria and when I am shaving I dig the razor in as hard as I can in an attempt to make it all go away. (Yes, stupid I know but something I do not seem able to control unless I do not look at myself while shaving) She replied that she is so sorry that the dysphoria causes me so much pain. This was the first time she even acknowledged my dysphoria in any way. Her empathetic response was very different than any other time the subject has come up. 

The second new thing was my mother finally calling me Rachel for the first time. I call her twice a week to chat and check in on her. She is a widow and has often expressed that she often gets lonely but will not reach out to anyone or get engaged with any groups or activities. As we concluded our conversation for the evening she ended with good night Rachel. When I hung up the phone I stared crying. It was so nice to finally hear those words from my mother.

Well, small things I know but sometimes the little things are just so important to my heart that they can make or break my day / week.

Heading back to Alaska tomorrow. I hope this is a quick trip. I have another fellow interested in going out with me and I am looking forward to my second date with Mark.

Be safe everyone, I pray that we all find love and acceptance.

~Rachel

• Forum Moderator
19 minutes ago, CD Rachel said:

Well, small things I know but sometimes the little things are just so important to my heart that they can make or break my day / week.

Those are not small things at all!  They are important, and I am happy for you that you are hearing them.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

It's Medicare--a government agency. Ronald Reagan once said, "The most frightening words in the world are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"  There's truth in those words.

There is a much bigger scam, it’s called Obamacare.  You pay as much as they can get out of you for insurance that doesn’t pay for anything until you’ve paid out $6,000 in out of pocket medical care.  And what you pay is based on your prior years income. So if you worked last year but signed up for Obamacare this year when you no longer work, your premiums are based on when you worked, not what you can afford today.

Making it worse, they also said private companies only have to match Obamacare.  There is nothing affordable about the affordable care act.  That is another big scam put over on the public.

if you are old enough to remember they’ve done it before and they will do it again. Ted Kennedy got TFRA 76 passed.  He claimed it would make corporations give their lowest worker the same benefits as the HCI’s (highly compensated individuals). Once again, it took from the middle class with no affect on the low or high earners.  Anytime congress tries to tell you this will be the greatest thing, run, don’t walk to the polls to elect someone else.

Willow. 

PS, I know these scams because I was a CPA and a corporate executive.  We could always find the loop holes.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, 

So sorry for the rant.

It is really hot already today.  A definite stay out of the sun kind of day.  

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

So sorry for the rant.

I suspect that as long as private insurance companies are onboard, it will be a $*!+show.  After all, the point in their existence is profit.

Just my opinion of course.