• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Morning, guys! Drinking ice coffee I made and working on top notes for finals. I wish I could post more on here so once finals are over I have more time to do that! 😊

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Those are not small things at all!  They are important, and I am happy for you that you are hearing them.

exactly! these are huge moments.

• Forum Moderator

Gooooooodd Eeeevvveeennning  Well last couple days have been totally exhausting for me. Kind of a debacle, did our walk through. then went to closing. after we closed we came back to our new house. to make a long story short, we had to sign the papers twice. Finally getting to moving. I burnt myself out, tried to sleep at the new house. I went back to the apartment and got a shower and a slightly decent nights sleep. Work up to the wife packing. Came back to the house, got breakfast. Our middle son saved the day and helped get a majority of the heave stuff loaded, and moved. 

So right now my wife is grabbing the groceries from the apartment. I have gotten a shower at our new house. and relaxing. Our bed isn't here but our mattress is.

I am still fried out. but still have to do more moving tomorrow.

good morning

@CD Rachel

Happy you were called Rachel.  And that your dysphoria was acknowledged.

a little respect goes a long way with me.

I'm struggling bad today. I knew I was going to have to quit vaping for surgery but what I didn't know was how soon or fast. I quit cold-turkey on Wednesday. No patches, no gum, nothing. I'm going for my pre-op physical this Friday, I was told they will be testing for nicotine. Just thought I'd have a little more time, oh well.

• Forum Moderator
23 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Be safe everyone, I pray that we all find love and acceptance.

Rachel,

Those little things that show we're being accepted for who we are. Are so important to our progress forward in transition. HUGS💖

Today's coffee is HOT, black and strong.:coffee: The weather is tolerable low 80s with a low humidity level.

Adding onto Rachel's closing, Best wishes, stay motivated, and safe.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

44 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm struggling bad today. I knew I was going to have to quit vaping for surgery but what I didn't know was how soon or fast. I quit cold-turkey on Wednesday.

Good luck with this.  It will be worth it in the long run.

• Forum Moderator
44 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Just thought I'd have a little more time, oh well.

Lizzy,

I never smoked nicotine, so understanding the addiction is anecdotal for me. My wife quit smoking cigarettes two different times. Her thoughts on quitting is: You have to want to do it for yourself, and no one else. Once you've quit, you'll still enjoy being around others who smoke. Kind of a second hand or contact high type of thing. Even if you've quite for years, picking up that next cigarette will start the addiction all over again. That's why she says she quit cold turkey two time.

So I wish you the best as you move through your next procedure.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 

9 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Even if you've quite for years, picking up that next cigarette will start the addiction all over again.

I've heard this.  But it is not that way for me.  I quit years ago, but have tried one on occasion.  Now days they only make me feel sick.

@Elizabeth StarYou're strong. You got this, sweetie. 

A bit of a melancholy morning for me. 52 years ago today, first date with my first wife. 51 years ago, we got married. One year ago, I started trying to connect with her again to tell her about my journey. After a couple of months, I finally was able to track down her sister, only to find out that she (my ex) had passed away the previous February. I know we couldn't have stayed married, but she's always held that special place in my heart. I always think about her on this day, so this year it's just a little tougher.

• Forum Moderator

Word of the day “Folgersfobia”

A29D1913-1E75-4ABE-9728-6E8DF418590E.jpeg

Had a blast today. I decided to push myself and head into DC for a gay coffee meetup at a queer coffee shop and bar in SE DC.

I was getting a little pissy when I got close to the destination because I HATE driving into the city but once I found a parking space about 4 blocks away and started the walk to my meetup I got so joyful. That who area is queer central and I had no idea. Shop after shop after shop was LGBTQ+ focused.  When I got to the coffee shop I was a little worried because there were only older white gay men in the group. I decided to stick it out though.  As I sat there more women showed up but as I looked around I realized I haven't been around this many queer folk except for pride events.  The place was pack! I went out to the sidewalk patio and just about everyone walking around the city was queer.  I felt so home!  I would never want to live in the city but man, I wish we could have a scene like this closer to where I lived.    As I walked down the street on the way out I noticed people were checking me out periodically.  If I were anywhere else I would have been a little self conscious but I realized it was because I looked good lol.  I had on a beautiful sundress with a big wide brim hat and had done my makeup and hair. Most people were dressed much more casually. There was even a small bookstore that only sold queer authors!  If you are ever in DC be sure to drop by As You Are on 8th St SE

image.thumb.png.afa5efc9c3fc21c9fe8f51ddb4c63f2c.pngimage.thumb.png.d6b9972243d90caccd36b5c66b49b2d3.png 

My dreadlocks being 6 years old now,had them done for a new chapter in my life.I love them and not parting ways with them at all

Made some new friends a birthday party yesterday. I was a little apprehensive about going at first but happy I went. I kinda knew the host from his job but also met his husband. They're both really nice. Met yet another witch, seem like they're everywhere. And also met one of our elected officials, we were inseparable by the end of the night.

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Jandi said:

I've heard this.  But it is not that way for me.

Good morning Jandi,

I'm glad you shared your experience with this. I can only go on what my wife has shared.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It's another road trip travel training week. I'll be driving from Indy, to Zachery, LA to teach at the LSP Officers Development Facility. Leaving home with a 20 oz mug of Folgers Black Silk, to be followed up with truck-stop, and hotel coffee until I return home on Saturday.

@Elizabeth StarI'm so glad you're expanding your circle of friends, and now an elected official too.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning everyone.

A bit stressed out right now because the electric bill is due on the 10th...and I get paid after the 10th. Most of my last paycheck went toward groceries and the mortgage, so I'm hoping my husband will ever so kindly pay what's left over of the electric bill. We can't really afford to have the power be cut off...as he's diabetic and needs to keep his insulin refrigerated.

Before anyone asks, I pay more on bills because I get paid more at my job than he does. But alas, I'm not made of money. The bills are getting higher each month. I need some help. I just hope he's willing to pitch in.

It's now August...u know what I'm thinking, soon we will be hearing about Back To School then when that happens...it's the end of summer. Which means getting a fall/winter wardrobe together, just as I got a summer one assembled.

Last fall I was still dysphoric and boyish, just beginning my journey and had no girl clothes. This year I will finally have long hair and girl clothes even though I have to wear coats and boots I can feel like myself. I actually put off electrolysis since it was my first summer out and I wanted to feel free at last and not worry about growing facial hair for awhile. 

All this line of thinking is still in the vibe of "making up for lost time" that I assume could be common with transing mid-life and since I've been out, I have been really out of the house, I guess I will balance eventually. These first-year experiences of getting through social and legal transition, and being occupied with that. Now I can think about other life stuff I want to do. 

• Forum Moderator

Well I am not doing much moving today. I am doing stuff at the house. Getting the dryer cord changed. plan on spraying the lawns with weed and feed.

Still it is so surreal its not funny.  still cannot believe that finally after all these years, and a few tries. We are finally in our own home.

Kymmie

23 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Well I am not doing much moving today. I am doing stuff at the house. Getting the dryer cord changed. plan on spraying the lawns with weed and feed.

Still it is so surreal its not funny.  still cannot believe that finally after all these years, and a few tries. We are finally in our own home.

Kymmie

When my wife and I bought our house, only one I've ever owned, it took a while before I could fully realize that I could hang stuff on the walls, paint them whatever color we decided would be ok, cut down unwanted bushes - in short, MAKE CHANGES! What a concept.

🤩OMG SUICIDE SOUNDS SO GREAT EE😜

I wish I were legally allowed to drink alcohol. 😎
…or commit mass genocide. 🥰
Either of those things would help me a ton right now! 😊

• Forum Moderator

@WillowA113 Hey, if you need a someone to talk to let one of us know. We will help out when we can.

Hugs,

Kymmie