• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

We've had several “it’s going to rain” notices.  But no actual rain.  I stayed home to be here to sign for a package only to get notified that the shipper never received the package from the sender.  So I wasted some time.  On that.  My intention had been to go to my boat to work on making it ready to take pictures to post to sell it.  Tomorrow I have to be here because the builder is supposed to be here to fix the things they destroyed it clean up the water leak. Still no word on the granite.  Wednesday and Thursday we have to be in Charleston.  We both have appointments but unfortunately they are on successive days.  I also have an appointment at the Genius Bar at Apple. Our iPhone 13s can’t seem to connect to cellular data.even when side by side with my Samsung and it’s getting cellular data.  All three are on the same carrier so it isn’t a carrier thing.  

I’ve been to the carrier and they couldn’t solve it.

guess I’ll call it a night.

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@WillowA113 I don’t know how I missed you cry for help earlier.  There are a lot of sources of help available to you.  Besides all of us here who are always willing to help, there are any number of organizations out there.  

as for texting, I get that, things are private and not to be shared.  But we have a private messaging system right here  click on the envelope at the top and pick someone you want to pm with on transgender pulse they will get notified that you sent them a message.  Kymmie and I occasionally pm, and we have a third person that we have also talked to in a separate three party conversation.  That would also be the place if you really want to share private info like a phone number or email address, but you don’t have to do that.  Just keep it private right here.

Willow

PS look at “The Trevor Project”

So that birthday party I went to..... When I got there, thankfully, a couple of my other friends were already there, I really hate going to parties and not know anyone. I went to say hi to the birthday guy and since it was his birthday he wanted a kiss. Eh..whatever. His husband did too. ~It was at this point I realized I don't like cis guys and I will avoid them at all costs.~

I don't know how I forgot, there was another transwoman there. She's really nice and we have a lot in common so the conversation was never dull. As soon as her schedule slows down we're planning to meet up again.

I've been meeting so many people lately that I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. ~Maybe it's the blue hair. Maybe it attracts queer people.~ I never, ever, thought that would happen. Granted, most everyone has a crazy schedule and I don't know if/when I'll see anyone but my schedule is fixed so I'm able to make plans around their's.

And here I am again not able to say everything I want to.

16 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

dial 988 please. 

Hugs

You are loved, you may not see it but it's true

I heard some civil liberty stuff about this hotline that it is monitored by law enforcement and they can commit you involuntarily

I feel like if someone is suicidal here in the States, you can be treated more like a criminal instead of a psych patient who needs medical attention. Just IMO but also referencing the prison system itself, and how difficult it is to find urgent psych care besides either waiting an ER for 6 hours or getting arrested. I was fortunate when I was suicidal, depressed there was a crisis center you could stay at for 3 days until you got a case worker and all that started. It's something to take seriously. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning lousy night.

neither my wife nor I slept well last night.

@stveee  I have no idea if 988 is monitored by anyone or not .  But the purpose is to help people not to get them committed.  If they were monitoring any suicide hotline and word got out, that would be the end of it.  

@WillowA113. I said it before and I’ll say it again, The Trevor Project would be the best place to contact.  Please don’t even think those other thoughts let alone openly talk about them.

Willow

20 hours ago, stveee said:

I heard some civil liberty stuff about this hotline that it is monitored by law enforcement and they can commit you involuntarily

I feel like if someone is suicidal here in the States, you can be treated more like a criminal instead of a psych patient who needs medical attention. Just IMO but also referencing the prison system itself, and how difficult it is to find urgent psych care besides either waiting an ER for 6 hours or getting arrested. I was fortunate when I was suicidal, depressed there was a crisis center you could stay at for 3 days until you got a case worker and all that started. It's something to take seriously. 

I don't believe it is monitored by law enforcement but yes, most crisis lines are monitored or recorded in order for the counselors to learn.  Even if they were, if you are calling a crisis line you NEED help asap. We should never discourage someone from calling, the consequences are too great not to.

@WillowA113I haven't been active the last couple of days, but how are you doing today? If you need to talk, I'm always available, too. ❤️ 

A little levity this morning. The shortcut bar on my laptop shows the local weather and provides a headline. Today the headline read, "Very hot outside." No kidding. It's August in Arizona. What were they expecting, snow or sleet?

Had to share this. it was quite the face palm moment...

2 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

A little levity this morning. The shortcut bar on my laptop shows the local weather and provides a headline. Today the headline read, "Very hot outside." No kidding. It's August in Arizona. What were they expecting, snow or sleet?

Had to share this. it was quite the face palm moment...

Reminds me of my previous car, a 2006 Cobalt. (Keep in mind here, I'm from Cleveland.) It had this...umm, "safety" feature...where anytime I'd be bundled up in a winter coat, freezing my rear off, slip-sliding my way to the car so I could dig it out of the snow, then finally get inside, turn it on, and before I can even start defrosting my hands on the heater vents...the display on the dash makes sure to warn me: "ICE POSSIBLE"

/facepalm "Whaaat??? Ice? In this weather? No way!"

At the very least, it always made me very glad cars no longer have voices.

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

Reminds me of my previous car, a 2006 Cobalt. (Keep in mind here, I'm from Cleveland.) It had this...umm, "safety" feature...where anytime I'd be bundled up in a winter coat, freezing my rear off, slip-sliding my way to the car so I could dig it out of the snow, then finally get inside, turn it on, and before I can even start defrosting my hands on the heater vents...the display on the dash makes sure to warn me: "ICE POSSIBLE"

Yeah, that's like the "tires are sliding" light Rhonda has. I mean I KNOW. I can FEEL it.

Hugs!

54 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah, that's like the "tires are sliding" light Rhonda has. I mean I KNOW. I can FEEL it.

Hugs!

Oh, I forgot about that one! Mine had something like that too. I would get SO sarcastic with that car half the time 🤣

It did also have an outdoor temperature display and a sunroof, though. Now THOSE features I do miss on my current car. But this one has a lot less rust on the under-parts, sooo....I guess I can't complain too much!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

/facepalm "Whaaat??? Ice? In this weather? No way!"

At the very least, it always made me very glad cars no longer have voices.

Hey, the Germans clearly can’t convert centigrade to Fahrenheit.  Two different VWs I had both said it was icy at 39° F

We are back from todays trip to Charleston.  We got to our Genius Bar appointment at Apple.  Our genius lived up to his title of genius.  After checking both phones he determined it was a carrier problem.  Called the carrier, told them what to check.  Sure enough, it was a carrier issue.  They forgot to turn on cellular data on both of our phones.  We had a quick lunch and got to my wife’s medical appointment right on time.  Tomorrow it will be just me going back to Charleston for my endocrinologist appointment.  I hope to stop at my boat on the way home.

Willow

Ugh....I can't stand cars that think or talk.  My GF has a Challenger that she customized.  It has a completely different computer system in it, something she built.  Connects to the internet, communicates with other vehicles in her fleet, and literally has radar.  Looks sweet, but it talks.  And the way she programmed it, it has a sour and sassy attitude.  🤮  Give me a normal old dumb car from the 80's.  I still drive the clunker I got in high school...

• Forum Moderator

Good evening everyone, 

I’m teaching for Louisiana State Police at the Officer Development Center, and the coffee is Community Brand. 

0C83F392-7A0F-4710-AC01-F98A2B7DB522.jpeg

14 hours ago, NashySlashy said:

@WillowA113I haven't been active the last couple of days, but how are you doing today? If you need to talk, I'm always available, too. ❤️ 

Thank you 

Good morning everybody and some fresh coffee!

Been away for couple of months living in denial again 😖.

I thought I got rid of dysphoria but the other day I was watching a german detective series tracking missing persons. There was this priest who turned out to be a trans woman and it just hit me in the face. I got rid of my body hair and wore my wig, breast forms, tops, skirts and realized how much I've missed it.

Had an appointment scheduled to a trans care unit last spring which I cancelled and now - if i so decide - must jump thru the hoops all over again.

I know what i should do, only I'm afraid to do it. Hope you all are doing better.

-Helena

• Forum Moderator

Good evening everyone. Things have started to slow down a smidge for me. Finally got out of our apartment today. Now for the maze of boxes in our new house. Which is not a problem as it is OUR house. The garage is still packed. We just need to start getting stuff put away and sorted or pitched.

Went about 5 days without my patch. Got them on yesterday.

Take care and have a good night everyone.

Kymmie

8 hours ago, helena said:

I know what i should do, only I'm afraid to do it.

Looks like there's no escape.

Hello all. It has been a while since I have been on. Just wanted to check back in here

Love Rami 

15 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good evening everyone, 

I’m teaching for Louisiana State Police at the Officer Development Center, and the coffee is Community Brand. 

0C83F392-7A0F-4710-AC01-F98A2B7DB522.jpeg

How cool! IV bottles for coffee!!! 

• Forum Moderator

Hi

today was an interesting day.  I managed three different hospitals.  First I left home and went to MUSC West Ashley.  There I saw my endocrinologist.  Left there and went to MUSC Rutledge Ave to the pharmacy.  MUSC = Medical University of South Carolina.  This is The only hospital in SC trying to create a Transgender care team.  Endocrinologist, Therapist, speech therapy, urologist, and apparently cosmetic surgery/ face femeninization, top surgery and apparently even bottom surgery but I don’t think they will have that anytime soon,

on the way home, I stopped at our boat. Packed some more stuff into my car.  Went back for a second load.  Decided to run the engine a bit.  While doing that, a juvenile wasp came out of the helm and stung me.  Now unless you’ve been on here a long time, you wouldn’t know this, I AM HIGHLY ALLERGIC TO WASP VENOM!!!  I am supposed to immediately inject Epipen then call 911.  Well, I didn’t have an Epipen with me. The only ones I have are past date and they were at home.

So I got in my car to head to the ER as quickly as I could.  As I am driving I realize there is a fire station just ahead.  Stopped and ask if they could take me to the hospital.  Which they did.  Hence hospital number 3.  The EMS gave me a big dose of Benadryl directly into a vein. That started settling things down.  About 90 minutes after getting to the ER my wife and I were on the way back to the boat.  I knew I left the A/C on and wasn’t sure if I’d even shut the engine off.  That I had done.

lunch at 3 home by 5.  The meds are wearing off.

Willow 

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

IV bottles for coffee!!! 

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 :coffee: 

• Forum Moderator

Too gosh darn early to say any more than “morning!”

I woke up 90 minutes ago.  I’ve been trying to get back to sleep but my hand is bothering me a lot and I have a headache, not yet a migraine.  So here I am.  Eating a bowl of my life long favorite cereal, shredded wheat.  I like it best with fruit and I used to add one teaspoon of sugar.  But since I discovered vanilla soy milk,no sugar added.  If you’ve never tried it, you should.  Much better shelf life, and I really like the taste.  But you have to get vanilla.  Mine comes in a bluish ½ gallon carton.

im going to contact my endocrinologist via mychart today to learn more about top surgery.  Just exploratory.

Other than that, not much happens before 5am.  Granite countertops are supposed to be replaced today we are slowly making some headway on the kitchen repairs. 🤞

I’ll let you know if it happens.

@KymmieL glad you are sleeping in your own home finally.  This garage you talk about, is that back at the apartment or separately rented from some one or what?  If you ever said I missed that but at the same time I didn’t understand why you were putting money into a garage if it was part of the apartment.

Hope y’all can get more sleep than I did.

Willow

Good morning everyone,

So one of our neighbors reported us for having a "messy yard". He claimed to have offered his help, which is a load of BS. He never once came over and interacted with us. He's a pastor, too...go figure the religious figure is also a liar.

And now my husband is dead-set on cleaning up the yard this afternoon. I'll be stuck at work until 4:00, so I don't know if he's going to start before then or afterwards. My housemates don't know who reported us and we're keeping it that way. They'd both start a fight with the neighbor and we'd (my husband and I) would prefer to keep this civil. Just clean up the yard and all will be good until the next time the neighbor decides to complain, I guess.