• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

LOL. I first read this as "night driving" - I used to know a girl that drove a barracuda.

thats a good one

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

So they're harassing you in particular? Charming.

Sorry to hear about your HRT though, that's going to be miserable in about two weeks. Hopefully you can get back on it soon.

As for poly relationships... so long as you're not everybody else's rock. I've got a poly friend who likes to save people. That's great and all, but it makes her a magnet for people that really ought to be working on themselves instead of relying on my friend. I met one of her new girlfriends yesterday and I was not impressed. She can definately do better.

Apparently the complaint was why I can wear them and others cannot?

*Because I know how to wear them and have the right attitude.*

And the high-neck tank I was wearing was showing too much shoulder but the sleeveless dress I wore the day before did not. It's a very fine line.  The shoulder on the high-neck tank are 2in wide but hug my neck, the dress they're 1-3/4in wide but out a lot further. So, it's not so much about the actual width as it is about the placement. this is why I was confused.

Ugh, I'm already miserable. I'd get back on it as soon as I get home but I don't trust myself with needles with under the influence of anesthetic.

From what I can tell most of my partners have they're stuff together and are looking for the same in their partners. I will help but will NOT be that rock. I did that for way too long. One of the things I tell everyone up front is that they must be making a effort to better themselves in one way or another. "Cause I am NOT going through that again.

11 days.....

• Forum Moderator

I did a Zoom presentation last night to a group of women astrophotographers.  I was a bit nervous that my voice would out me, but if it did, no one commented on it.  It was fun.  I was well-prepared and knew what points I wanted to cover, so it went smoothly.  I had some nice feedback afterwards that I told them exactly the kind of stuff they needed to hear.

I am not "stealth".  Being outed by my voice is not a disaster, just annoying.  I just don't like my being trans to be a factor when the subject under discussion is something else like photography.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

From what I can tell most of my partners have they're stuff together and are looking for the same in their partners. I will help but will NOT be that rock. I did that for way too long. One of the things I tell everyone up front is that they must be making a effort to better themselves in one way or another. "Cause I am NOT going through that again.

I LOVE that for you. It's exhausting to have to drag your partner along with you while you're trying to move forward.

The place I worked before this had a rule that the straps had to be one hand-width. That absolutely wasn't happening so I just wore t-shirts. They also had a rule about skirts without leggings. Both made sense, but most of the time, I just wore jeans and a t-shirt with a flannel shirt on top of that for safety reasons. A tough/loose outer-layer that you can slip out of could save you from injury. I'm surprised most of my co-workers weren't so careful.

Now my uniform is plain black tights with a plain black racerback tank-top. A little boring, but functional and I can show my shoulders off.

Hugs!

Morning, everyone! Friday yet again, somehow successfully survived my first week back to school. The first 3 days were frustrating! So many obstacles that limited my time to plan out the week/semester but now it is more calmed down. I hope that by this time next week, I would say that I am more in the zone. Wish me luck! 💀

OK, so it happened, everything finally caught up with me. I woke up this feeling a little off. I don't if my Matrix didn't load right or maybe my surrogate's broken but something.....

By 10am I was little Miss Fumblelina and could barely function. My supervisor called it and told me to go home. *We had been extremely short handed for the last two weeks. I was carrying the department more-or-less by myself and It finally caught up with me*

Go home? Sure,  no problem...oh wait, there's no one there and I really needed me some cuddles. Thankfully, one of my 'local' partner doesn't start work until 8pm so I stopped over and cuddled with her. It was the best nap I had in a long, long time.

I have another friend on her way over. Sounds like she needs to get away from her family for the night. She says we're not girlfriends but..... This meme will explain.

tumblr_pku59hbrSI1vwueok_640.jpg

Today was a morning I got up for work and looked in the mirror and had a bit of a shock seeing myself as it seems like the upped Spiro dosage is helping. Now that my hair is long and my face countours are showing and my skin has that glow. 

As far as relationships, I have to remember I really didn't have an ability to have an authentic partnership with anyone until now and to be patient with the emotional peaks and valleys. I have become aware some of my behavior tends toward codependancy. The first time I was introduced to the idea was when my sister was in early recovery and she was reading a book called "Women Who Love Too Much" IIRC. So I know the past abandonment and trauma is playing a part in my perceptions, almost like PTSD, where you are always on guard for perceived threats.

My relationship has had some inadvertent distancing past few weeks but it has been good in practicing being OK and loving myself despite whatever circumstances. To have good self esteem I need to have a sense of self respect, too.

• Forum Moderator

It’s 9 o’clock on a Saturday…(yes I sometimes borrow song lyrics)

Hi

yesterday was interesting in a way.  We had prescriptions to pick up.  Our insurance has a preferred pharmacy chain, CVS.  And since we moved we have been going to a different one.  I was picking up and the pharmacist comes out from behind the work area and fumbles a little but comes out and asks me, what is my preferred name and pronouns.  Now I realize if anyone knows the pharmacist does since I get HRT medications that would not be prescribed to a cis male, I dress female, but my records all say male.  I told her my name and she/her.  She thanked me and said she would update my records.  They wanted to treat me with respect etc.  I told her the assistant always treated me with respect and I appreciate that they do.  I was really pleased about that AND they made certain no one else was within earshot!

@Jandi I can see how your mind would read night driving instead of night DIVING.  I’m surprised auto correct didn’t change it.  

@JJ Orange good luck with your studies.  Glad you are gettIng settled back into the routine.

well I’m hoping to get one last push today to get my boat ready for pictures. And get it up for sale.  I’ve got the tools I’ll need with me to make it happen.

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

It’s 9 o’clock on a Saturday…(yes I sometimes borrow song lyrics)

Hi

Now I realize if anyone knows the pharmacist does since I get HRT medications that would not be prescribed to a cis male, I dress female, but my records all say male.  I told her my name and she/her.  She thanked me and said she would update my records.  They wanted to treat me with respect etc.  I told her the assistant always treated me with respect and I appreciate that they do.  I was really pleased about that AND they made certain no one else was within earshot!

I have had similar experiences with CVS. My local CVS where I live has been so helpful in procuring my estradiol, especially when it was constrained. I have never been questioned or misgendered by the staff at my local CVS or even the ones I have went to across the country. 

Now Walgreen's...A few months ago I ordered some perfume to pick up at one of their stores. I ordered online, used a credit card  with my new preferred name on it (perfectly legal, and accepted everywhere else). They terminated the purchase and said that their fraud department blocked the purchase. I called and complained. I got constantly misgendered with "sir", and a bunch of I do not knows. I was very irritated. I complained several times to now avail. I order the same product with my dead name and credit card with the same number, and the purchase went through without a hitch. So Walgreen's emails me a survey. I fill it out. I received an email back that due to the negative comments, they would not use it.

I do not use Walgreen's anymore.

• Forum Moderator

Willow I think Billy Joel meant PM not AM.

Well the wife started it again. Me not doing anything around the house.  She had just told me about the grandkids visiting this weekend.  She mentioned going to the park. Then she said that they could play in the yard. Then she had to mow the lawn.  She complained about it by text.  We went back and forth a couple times. When I tell her that I will be putting the storm door on.  She changed her tune. It is getting harder and harder to figure her out. 

What started the texting. I get a call from my mom. She complained about me to her. 

Who knows?

Hugs,

Kymmie 

Going out today with Mark on our second date. We are going hiking on the Appalachian trail and then later dinner and dancing!!! I am very excited but right now I am having to decide my hiking outfit. I never would have thought that there would come a day that I had to decide on what to wear to go hiking!! LOL.

Jeans or yoga pants? Jeans are probably more practical but dam my a$$ looks good in the yoga pants!!!

Any advice??

Thanks

~Rachel

• Forum Moderator

@CD Rachel I hope you didn’t learn the hard way but I think skinny jeans would have been a better choice on the Appalachian Trail.  Where did you go?  Blue Ridge? Skyline Drive? Further south?  When the humidity is low you can see for miles.  It’s beautiful up there in the fall.  

My first date with my wife was on the Skyline Drive not too far off the Appalachian Trail.  And we’ve been back there hiking many many times until I just wasn’t physically able.  My son and I have back packed on sections in Virginia too.

@KymmieL it was 9 pm somewhere wasn’t it?  When I borrow a lyric I don’t always use it as originally intended.  But it’s usually better than my own dribble.  

regarding your wife, I think it must be the weather, or the alignment in the stars.  My wife has been quick to complain this week too.  This morning she admitted she has been grumpy.

who knows.  Maybe someday we will understand when we are fully indoctrinated into womanhood.

WILLOW

• Forum Moderator

@Willow I would hate to see our wives together. We'd never hear the end of complaints. They might even gang up on us.

It has to be something the angle of the sun in relationship to the position of the high tide.

I know what it is, We are both living in new houses. It has to be it. I don't think it is something in the water. LOL.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Gooooood morning coffee readers.

well, I did manage to get the 160# outboard engine off the boat by myself.  Nothing like a chain hoist and some leverage.  But after that I clearly over did it and didn’t get anything else done.

Whether you are a Jeep lover of a Jeep hater, I have enjoyed having mine.  But I think that ship has sailed.  My wife, who I might add is the one who wanted a Jeep in the first place, can’t drive it.turns out she sits too low and can’t see safely past the huge rear view mirrors.  We are looking into trading it in to downsize it something she can drive.  I checked into all the makes we are willing to buy, then set out to look at each one.  One brand the closest vehicle to look at was 80 miles away.  Not going that far just to have a look.  One is about a stones throw away, we went there and liked what we saw.  And another was about 10 miles away.  That one was a definite NO!  Sure there are other brands out there but they were either outside the price range I had set or were a brand I’d owned before and have sworn, never again!.  We like the close by dealer, we’ve done business with them before.  We like the brand the sell, and they had a vehicle I would consider owning.  I need to prep the Jeep before we talk trade. But they were already salivating over the possibility of having it on there lot.

@KymmieL, you have a good point or two.  Yes we both have new or new to us homes.  My problem is we’ve been here 2 months and they still are working to fix the damage caused by the careless plumber.  And I agree, it would not be a good idea to get them together.  The rathe they might cook up would be impossible.

Our granddaughter will be here next Saturday.  We are really looking forward to having them here. (She is bringing a friend). They will be here about 10 or so days.  She wants to look at a school here and that’s ok with us.  Might even mean she’d live with us for a while.  We’d love to have her.  

Things aren’t getting done sitting around drinking coffee and writing to all of you, even though I can’t really think of anything more enjoyable.  I’ve got dishes to wash and a shower to take,  an Outboard to sell, and so many chores.  Life doesn’t end at retirement or at least not for me.

Willow

Good morning, friends! 
Sunday and working on some school stuff. Ice coffee coming soon and I am ready to just sleep early later on today. 
I had a mental conversation with myself this week about surgery. I think that I am willing to do it, but the problem (aside from money) is the reactions of family members. My distant family does not mind their own business and once anything is brought up, better believe it that it spreads to every blood-relation. 
I have family who will find any little aspect of a person to ridicule/bully them. 
There are times, like these, where I want to live on Pluto..

10 hours ago, JJ Orange said:

Good morning, friends! 
Sunday and working on some school stuff. Ice coffee coming soon and I am ready to just sleep early later on today. 
I had a mental conversation with myself this week about surgery. I think that I am willing to do it, but the problem (aside from money) is the reactions of family members. My distant family does not mind their own business and once anything is brought up, better believe it that it spreads to every blood-relation. 
I have family who will find any little aspect of a person to ridicule/bully them. 
There are times, like these, where I want to live on Pluto..

challenges (not problems).  $$$ I don't know where you live or go to school but there are many insurance plans that cover surgeries. In fact, I'm pretty sure they have to cover bottom surg at the least.  If you are on the west coast, CO, GA or the DC/MD/VA there is Kaiser which covers everything.  I know almost all non-religious schools cover the mental health and hrt.  But basically, you start to look at who do I choose to work for based on their insurance coverage.  Once you are done with surgeries, then look for a better job if needed.

Family is tough but you just have to bite the bullet. Most people over react in the beginning then things settle down. True, maybe they have a lifetime of not respecting you but they might at least settle into a place of ignoring it.  If your family becomes unbearable, then break off contact. No one needs that kinda streetment, nor should they tolerate it.  Transition at your own pace and do the things that you need to do, regardless of how others feel about it. 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:01 AM, Elizabeth Star said:

@Bri202041 days, wow, congratulations. You're not going to forget about us afterwards are you?

Managing all those people isn't as hard as it might seem. It's not like I see each one of them every day. At the moment there's only 3 that I see with any regularity. The others, it's mostly we text or talk on messenger. It's the idea of having someone else in your life that cares and will listen that can make all the difference in the world. And I do care. They message me, I message back, immediately. Not hours later.

I got the official word on Tuesday to stop taking my HRT meds, That includes my Progesterone and sleep aids (no NSAIDs). I really need my Tylenol PM or NyQuil Z. I literally cannot sleep with out them so I'm back on the Ambien. I took that stuff every night for 15 years and was happy to get away from it at the beginning of the year. Thankfully it's only for a couple of weeks.

I got pulled into a meeting with the VP at work again. Something about my skirts being too short. It probably because I started wearing then up around my waist instead down at my hips. But, I found out, despite what my supervisory told me, there is no issue or policy with wearing dresses, skirts and open toed shoes.

I will continue to hang with you all even after my surgery never fear.  You all are like family to me.

Weird how every surgeon has different rules concerning hrt before surgery. My boob guy and the guy who did my ffs and will do my bottom surg don't care about the HRT and you can stay on them. 

On 8/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, Jandi said:

LOL. I first read this as "night driving" - I used to know a girl that drove a barracuda.

Ahh- those barracudas were the bomb. I always wanted a 71 roadrunner convertible with a 383 "six pack" setup. The cuda chassis was certainly tighter and a faster car but I just loved the stretched out body on the sateleights and RRs.

My Friday didn't quit go as I predicted. My "not girlfriend" only stayed for a couple hours. Mostly she just wanted to eat her dinner, which she brought with, in peace. She was in my house so I waited on her hand and foot. After she left I headed out to the gaming lounge to kill some time and hang with my cuddle-buddy gf. When things started to slow down and I was thinking about heading home one of my other gf's messaged me. She was heading home from a fund-raiser and wanted to meet up so, off I went. We must of been quit the site walking into the bar arm-in-arm. I was in that super creep outfit I posted Friday in the what are you wearing thread and she was dressed to kill in a blue spaghetti strap, glitter having dress. We really do get know each other in little meetings. I found out she has been suppressing the U-Haul Lesbian feelings she has for me since our second date. We decided we'd get separate places since neither of us want to argue about where to out the toaster.

We stayed until closing, again. This time it was raining so I went for a walk down the block to pick  my car to drive her to hers. After an appropriate goodbye, I was headed home. And it all started again on Saturday.....same but different...

• Forum Moderator

Well, my wife and youngest son. Are getting more accepting. Yesterday, my wife was behind me running her hands across my chest. She clearly felt my bra. Nothing said. Today I was wearing a woman's T with a sports bra.  The straps clearly showed at times. Again nothing said. This is not the first time.

I am looking to push it in a couple weeks. I have an appointment to get my brows waxed and then my hair done. I am seriously looking to get my brows done with the proper womanly arch.

I give up on all of humanity. I just give up. I hate this hypocritical species. I hate life

• Forum Moderator

Monday Morning 9 am.

ok I modified it a lot.  My apologies to Paul and Art.

We got a fair amount of rain yesterday but nothing like Friday and nothing like they are getting out west.  Too bad they can’t reroute the run off into lake Mead or the Great Salt Lake.  We are getting more today.  At least we aren’t getting the wind along with it.  

going with a single today, not a pot.  I’ll have to see later if that was a good choice.  

@Elizabeth Star your girl friends seem quite amazing. You certainly don’t seem to lack for friends who want to be with you.

Nothing really going on here, so I won’t bore anyone with dribble.

@Heather Nicole sounds like maybe you need to talk to someone.  Please!

Willow

5 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I give up on all of humanity. I just give up. I hate this hypocritical species. I hate life

I haven't completely given up.. I just don't expect much.

Hang in there Heather Nicole. There are plenty of good humans out there but sometimes it's just hard to see them through all the -crap- in the world. 

6 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

@Heather Nicole I love you. Rest, but please don't give up. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is my normal home brew of Folgers Black Silk, served HOT, strong and black.

My life is so busy right now that I'm not able to do much more that quick scans and readings of the forums.

@Heather Nicole You are worthy, valued, and loved. Hypocrisy is everywhere, and we're always meet face to face with double standards. It's okay to be down right now, disappointed with your current events going on. I do believe you're going to make it through this tough time, with a good out come. Just read the song titles you list in you attached signature.

"I'm...still...standing...after all this time" - Elton John

"It's my life and it's now or never"  - Bon Jovi

"What sparks joy?" - Kondo-sensei

Profile photo is heavily doctored by AI, realities may vary.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋