• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning, everyone! No ice coffee today as I do not have my creamer in at the moment. Should go to the store soon though. Today is ice chai, it's good and I like the spices that are added in it. Second week of school is upon me, wish me luck! ❤️☕🍵

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning everyone. I don't know why but my eyes popped open around 3am so I'm already on my second cup of coffee.

It finally happened, a guy put a ring on my finger......

My BFF's boyfriend makes rings out of silver coins. He had made her a toe ring but it was too big so he gave to me. He did literally put it on my finger though.

Six days remaining. The lack of HRT is driving me insane. It's not like I'm having full out mood swings per-se. Just all my emotions are in constant state of overdrive, looking for a trigger.

My chainmail purse has been pretty popular. I get compliments on it all the time and I already have two orders to fill. I opened an Etsy shop last night, hoping to sell more and I already plan to add a hobo bag, a backpack and a couple other niche items but otherwise just gonna keep it simple and maybe do some custom work.

Aside from taking a week off of work for recovery, I really need some down-time. I haven't taken break since I had Covid and that was nothing near a vacation. I know recovery isn't a vacation either but for now I'll take what I can get.

• Forum Moderator

Good hump day everyone 

@Clofree welcome to the coffee club.  Pick a chair and join us, everyone is welcome here.  Listen contribute all up to you.  But do bring your favorite coffee, tea or other.

I was sick a good deal of last night and apparently it isn’t over yet.  Headache and toilet issues. (No sense grossing anyone out with sensitive information)

Well, starting tomorrow it’s single serve coffee.  We are out of ground for making a pot.  

cleaned up the Jeep yesterday.  If the dealer is reasonable with the value we are considering trading in on something smaller.  My wife can’t drive the Jeep.

I don’t know if that will happen until they price it out.  I know what KBB says, but what will they say.  

The Jeep was fun, for me, although I’m not the one who wanted it.  And after we’d had it my wife decided it was too big for her.  Oh well.

otherwise just getting ready for our granddaughter to come this weekend

Willow 

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I opened an Etsy shop last night

Good afternoon everyone,

Today was a fasting day for my annual check up and physical. I love that Black Coffee is an approved drink while fasting. Everything checked out good, and blood work results will follow later in the week.

Lizzy, what's your Etsy shop link?

Welcome @Clofree, and just as @Willow said make yourself at home here.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

So, I have been trying to use my female voice at work. along with a pair of 1 inch hoops in my ears. I was hoping to be more feminine appearing. I have had a couple of Ma'am's in the past couple days. One today just sounded honest and direct. It warmed my heart. Just a later 20 lady. I wanted to thank her a 1000 times.

Well my Friday. Tomorrow I have see what is wrong with the wifes car. Then maybe I can get to working on the saddle bags for the bike.

Hugs,

Kymmie

This year is just a roller-coaster. Got off work an hour early yesterday, yay!  Ten minutes later I get a call from my brother..our father passed away. 😐 None of us had any love for him (really, I won't miss him) but still, he was the sperm donor and it's going to take a bit to process.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

it's going to take a bit to process.

Lizzy,

Even if you didn't love him, and he didn't love you. There is still a life history belonging to the two of you. His health and medical history contributes to the things you'll need to be aware of as you grow older. I'm sorry for your family loss, you will need time to process his passing. Comfort your mom as she also deals with his passing.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I opened a new canister of Folgers Black Silk Coffee this morning, and the aroma was comforting.

The brew is good, HOT, black, and strong.:coffee:

@KayCyou always make me smile when we're posting on the forums at the same time. I think about our distant locations around the globe or "Third Rock form the Sun", we call Earth. Separated by a vast distance, and yet we're in a nearly identical situation, and mindset. 

@KymmieLI'm really happy for you and your new home ownership. Keep moving forward with your work relationships, and home responsibilities. Some may think that working on a motorcycle is a hobby, however if you're using it as transportation to and from work. It's an economic saving plan. 

Ride safe, dress for the slide, not the ride,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

This year is just a roller-coaster. Got off work an hour early yesterday, yay!  Ten minutes later I get a call from my brother..our father passed away. 😐 None of us had any love for him (really, I won't miss him) but still, he was the sperm donor and it's going to take a bit to process.

Lizzy, I know how you feel. It was the same for me back in '04 when my biological mother passed away. She never liked me, I never liked her, left her and my sibs for my dad's care when I was 13. Still, it was a loss, and I do value my Finnish heritage through her. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs

Good morning everyone!

Long time, no see! I've been working on my manuscript again. Got A LOT of progress done on it. I have six chapters to go until it's done, currently sitting at 49k words. I'm so invested in this story that writing is coming along very easily. I just hope I don't get in trouble for brainstorming during my lunch breaks...lol.

In other news, my brother is coming over in mid-September. So excited! I always feel like myself when my brother or dad is around. Not sure if I'll come out to him, though...not sure I'm ready for that. But we'll see!

Good morning, everyone. I'm planning to make some ice coffee with some pumpkin spice creamer later on this morning. School is going ok, I have some stuff I have to plan out for next week in terms of assignments. It feels weird being back into a regular semester. Hope everyone is ok!❤️💀

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

Well, we are no longer Jeep owners.  Sold it yesterday.  It was rather impractical for us.  I wasn’t able to take the roof off which is what my wife wanted to be able to do when we bought it.  It wasn’t going to be off-roaded  even though it was fully equipped for that.  Price of fuel compared to gas.  Wife couldn’t drive it.  Bad idea all around.

we now own a “small suv”. VW TAOS.  Nicely equipped but not over the top.  Estimated 36 highway.  I’ll have to see what I can really get with it. 

@Elizabeth Star sorry for your loss.  

two more days until our granddaughter!  Nearly ready.  The kitchen is finally put back together, repairs are done.  It only took just over two months!  

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
11 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone 

Well, we are no longer Jeep owners.  Sold it yesterday.  It was rather impractical for us.  I wasn’t able to take the roof off which is what my wife wanted to be able to do when we bought it.  It wasn’t going to be off-roaded  even though it was fully equipped for that.  Price of fuel compared to gas.  Wife couldn’t drive it.  Bad idea all around.

we now own a “small suv”. VW TAOS.  Nicely equipped but not over the top.  Estimated 36 highway.  I’ll have to see what I can really get with it. 

@Elizabeth Star sorry for your loss.  

two more days until our granddaughter!  Nearly ready.  The kitchen is finally put back together, repairs are done.  It only took just over two months!  

hugs

Willow

About time you decided to get rid of the Jeep thing. I had it once it was hard to pee. LOL.  My DIL has a VW Toureg she loves just about all of it. one thing she utterly despises is the auto stop/start. Drives both my son and her crazy. Can disable it either. I was able to on my Ranger It drove me nuts too.

@Mmindy Our bike is purely for enjoyment. Eve though I have rode it to work more than a few times. In addition to the bags I may even work on the rear air ride that I have been working on for let me see, 3-4 yrs.

I want to welcome all our new posters to the Coffee clutch.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Some may think that working on a motorcycle is a hobby, however if you're using it as transportation to and from work. It's an economic saving plan. 

There have been a couple of times when my bike was my primary (sometimes only) transportation.  It did save on gas, but winter - even in NC - could get rough.

I gave it up a few years ago for reasons.  But I did enjoy the years I rode it.

Good morning!

I think I have some sort of difficulties to find words about how I feel or what I plan to do. Or maybe I'm just no-lifer and I have nothing to say 😆

Oh well... some more coffee and then off to work.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning to you @helena

I’m calling it a night here on the other side of the 🌎 globe 🌍 

Have a great day,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee. I'm going to need and will drinks lots of it today.

Met my Pride group for Happy Hour last night. I couldn't stay long but still had a good time. I spoke to one of the other members who asked what I do for a living. I have no problem sharing that with people face to face but it did make me realize I still want to do more with myself. It appears I am also some sort of influence on other transwomen. More than one (a lot more) have told me how much better they feel about themselves and their future after hanging out with me for a bit. I don't know, maybe I can do something with it.

I came around a corner yesterday and caught the owner telling someone some joke about being able to tell if someone’s gay by the length or their eyelashes. Honestly, idgaf but he stopped like he got caught in the middle of a cardinal sin. So to diffuse the situation I just stood there and told them "I don't care, I’m queer af and have a sense of humor".  I do care to an extent. Mostly about his behavior. He said it, he needs to own it. I also didn't like outing my sexuality (or did I) like that but it was the only way I could see to diffuse the tension.  It's like this is how everyone around there really feels and everyone playing nicey, nice is just an act.I'm starting to feel like the fool for believing them at face value.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

This working from home/semi-retirement is something I can get use to.

The coffee is the usual HOT, black, and strong.

@Elizabeth StarI'm sure "The deer in the headlights look", was accompanied with a sick feeling in his stomach that lasted a lot longer. Your defusing the situation by claiming the truth as being queer and having a since of humor, was the real truth that needed to be said. The best thing that can happen is for them to learn that your work is not affected by your status in the LGBTQ community. Here's something you might share with them.

"If you have to look around before you say something. It's not worth saying."-Horace Moore aka my father.  

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋   

Good morning, everyone! Pumpkin spice coffee comin' up and also some Friday school assignments. Been thinking recently about how I sent an email to my local LGBT+ support group, but haven't given a response as of yet. It was the only one that looked active so I am still waiting for a response. 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It's like this is how everyone around there really feels and everyone playing nicey, nice is just an act.I'm starting to feel like the fool for believing them at face value.

Thanks for the insight on my store. Except for a very few people that is most at work.  it is all an act.

The academy award goes to????

59 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

"If you have to look around before you say something. It's not worth saying."-Horace Moore aka my father.  

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋   

Wise words from your father. and so very true.

Well the newly located fencometer is showing 80 in direct sun. Forecast for upper 70s. Had to do a starter in the wifes car yesterday. Actually felt good getting my hands (and arms and legs dirty.) I think the biotin is doing its job didn't break a nail, either. Back to work on the motorcycle bags today. hopefully finish them. Will be without the wife this weekend as she is attending an AA conference. She is the corrections chair for this area.  Tonight I will be alone as my son is back to evening shift then tomorrow he plays darts with his friends. Not sure what I'll do, relax and be myself.

Well the bags aren't getting done with me on the computer. Coffee's done. 

Everyone have a great day.

Hugs

Kymmie 🏳️‍⚧️

Good morning all.  It's going to be another 90 degree day here so a good day for iced coffee.  Happily pumpkin spice season is just around the corner.

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

"If you have to look around before you say something. It's not worth saying."

I like it!

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

...It appears I am also some sort of influence on other transwomen. More than one (a lot more) have told me how much better they feel about themselves and their future after hanging out with me for a bit. I don't know, maybe I can do something with it...

I don't know that I ever really expressed that to you, but I will go on record now that those few hours I spent with you at the dinner and show did EXACTLY that for me. Even just the simple act of walking into the restaurant together was a huge step for me in walking my truth. That plus, the moments we had interacting with other patrons at the show - absolutely invaluable. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being just who you are.

3 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I don't know that I ever really expressed that to you, but I will go on record now that those few hours I spent with you at the dinner and show did EXACTLY that for me. Even just the simple act of walking into the restaurant together was a huge step for me in walking my truth. That plus, the moments we had interacting with other patrons at the show - absolutely invaluable. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being just who you are.

Aww, thank you Hannah. Now I want to cry. I had good time that night.