• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Hi gals and guys

i used to have a Harley Ultra Classic.  I rode it every month of the year in north Virginia.  We were surrounded on three sides by West Virginia.  No, I didn’t ride it in the snow or ice but there were always days every month.  Also rode it to Orlando/Daytona Beach 1100 miles each way..  I put a lot of miles on that bike.  

@KymmieL the Jeep also had the engine shut down and so does the Taos.  But both have a control to shut it off.  I would think the Tiguan would have one too but it may be under a setting menu instead of obvious.  

I am experiencing some strange things since switching to the patch. I can be sweating one minute and goose bumps the next.  I know some of you have expressed issues with some patches that don’t stick well.  I change weekly.  The first set was clear, oval and I had some issues. The second month set is round, physically bigger and both thicker and a light beige. I’m not sure if the dosage is the same as my injections or not but my reaction is different.

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

October is going to be a HUGE month for me.  FIrst I'm going to come out to my doctor and hopefully start the talk about HRT.  Then later in the month I'm going to a family wedding as a woman for the first time.  I'm excited but anxious too.

13 minutes ago, Willow said:

I’m not sure if the dosage is the same as my injections or not but my reaction is different.

I've only used the patches for estradiol, so I don't know how to make a comparison.  Awhile ago I got confused talking to some girls who used injections, talking about dosages.  I finally realized they were talking about weekly, or bi weekly, whereas my dosage was figured daily.  I am on twice a week, so I suppose there is less fluctuation for me.

My only beef, is my current endocrinologist refuses to add progesterone - which I had received in the past.  I dug out some of the old prescriptions and have been taking them on my own - with good results.  But I don't know what I'll do when the bottle is empty. 

• Forum Moderator

While my last patches were about an 1/2 "x 1" my latest are about the size of a nickel  a lot smaller than the huge almost 2" ones I had about a year ago.

My GYN has transferred me to an Endo. My appt isn't until the End of Sept. I need to check and see if I need to do labs before the Appt.

Kymmie

10 hours ago, Ivy said:

I've only used the patches for estradiol, so I don't know how to make a comparison.  Awhile ago I got confused talking to some girls who used injections, talking about dosages.  I finally realized they were talking about weekly, or bi weekly, whereas my dosage was figured daily.  I am on twice a week, so I suppose there is less fluctuation for me.

My doctor explained that my patches, also bi-weekly, have a "half-life" during the 2 1/2 days they're affixed. Thus, if a patch starts out with X dosage on Saturday evening, by Wednesday noon, it's 1/2 X

2 minutes ago, Astrid said:

My doctor explained that my patches, also bi-weekly, have a "half-life" during the 2 1/2 days they're affixed. Thus, if a patch starts out with X dosage on Saturday evening, by Wednesday noon, it's 1/2 X

Makes sense.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Hope you have a great weekend.

May be an image of text that says 'My cup of coffee reminding me why I shouldn't have a a donut to go with it!!!'

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I'm thinking I've seen the back side of that one somewhere before.  

Good morning Ivy!

I missed the name change thing until right now.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@Mmindy that’s a very smart coffee mug you’ve got!.  

Briefly back to the patches verses shots.  Clearly the dosage from the shot, which is biweekly can’t be real even entering my body.  The estradiol was carried in oil so that the absorption was slowed, and it was injected into muscle again to slow or even out the effects.  However, you can’t tell me it didn’t peak within a few days after the injection then slowly drop eventually reaching 0.  My patches are in theory also supposed to have an even absorption over the course of the week.  There are two types of estradiol, citrate and valorate.  Mine is citrate but from what I understand most are on valorate.  Valorate is supposed to be applied more frequently because of the half-life issue but my insurance only covers the citrate  often also called Crimea. (Don’t quote me on the spellings)

well, I was incorrect on the arrival of our granddaughter it will be Sunday night/Monday morning but I’m still excited to see her.  I imagine she will want to get some sleep before going to the beach.  I expect we will be going to the beach daily.

my first batch of patches were oval, the second round. The reason for the difference was the first ones came from CVS, but they had a difficult time obtaining them.  The second came from the pharmacy at MUSC. They had no trouble getting them.  I will get blood work done After I’ve been using the patches for 6weeks. That way the Endo can see my levels and determine if we need to make any changes to frequency or dosage.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Ivy  hi I too missed the name change.  I saw a post from Ivy come up while I was typing and I saw your image but didn’t put it together.  

Willow

Went out on a 1st coffee date with a cis woman who is a lawyer, and she asked me about my politics. And I was just like, I am working class, probably more old school Democrat or center left. I don't consider myself liberal. I didn't think like rich folk, never made it that far LOL.

Then she asked me how I feel about trans people in sports and the bathroom thing.

The bathroom issue was low hanging fruit for me, and the sports thing I just pointed out a lot of scientific studies are never factored into the discussion, it's always being updated, etc. I think we moved on from there no problem to other personal stuff.

But I didn't think until the next day that it's a dangerous position because essentially, she is asking me to possibly participate in invalidating myself, because the root of the "public controversy" is not just about one trans woman swimmer, but the invalidation of trans people as a community. It's almost feeling like "prove I (we) exist".

I guess the next time i find myself in that position of debate, I will just speak of my own personal experience. I am a woman, you're just gonna have to take my word for it.

As far as work or general society goes, I am not caring about people faking being nice, but I am experiencing the feeling of being put in the corner or abandoned by people who say they are/were my friends, and I have to say, when I was new here I really thought it must have been more a case of perception when I heard it brought up. But it is frustrating and it does make me angry and hurt.

I am trying to parse out a possibility that perhaps it isn't actually about me sometimes and that it's just "modern life" in general, the rat race. People get self-involved, or they are busy with their own problems. Getting back with that trans friend is bottom on the priority list. Can't do much about it, really. Like the one I have been seeing for 4 months now, she is working full time, plus classes after for certifications, and now she is moving, too. I could say she is ghosting me on purpose, but the facts are she is just extremely busy recently, and it's an opportunity for me to practice patience and detachment from expectations.

But it IS a confidence boost to be asked out by intelligent, attractive women professionals who can actually hold my interest. I have to accept that I can no longer live a life of propping up an inferiority complex that it is all in my head, and that is just holding me back from having quality life experiences that I not only should learn from, but that I deserve like anyone else. But the next couple months i feel I really have to get my foundation in order and relationship skills sharp to move on to "bigger things".

• Forum Moderator

Hi Y’all 

Sunday morning and I’m fresh out of things to add to todays conversation.

coffee is starting to get cold so I guess I should take my last swallow and prepare for the day. Lots of last minute things to do before company arrives.  It’s rather cloudy/overcast.  No tropical storms expected this week.  We could even break a record in the number of days it’s been since the last named Atlantic storm.  Must have been a slow weather day.  

enjoy your coffee today. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator
On 8/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, Ivy said:

My only beef, is my current endocrinologist refuses to add progesterone - which I had received in the past.  I dug out some of the old prescriptions and have been taking them on my own - with good results.  But I don't know what I'll do when the bottle is empty. 

My suggestion would be find a new endo unless there's a medical reason for why they're refusing to give you what you want.

Hugs!~

32 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

find a new endo unless there's a medical reason for why they're refusing to give you what you want.

I get mine from the VA.  As far as I can tell, he's just being an *$$ Whole about it.  I am thinking about supplementing my VA with someone local - if I can find one.  This is a kinda conservative area.  I might try one of those online things if I have no other choice.  I do like what the progesterone does for me.

We have a local LGBT group that is restarting after the covid thing.  I plan on going to the meeting in a couple of days.  There's currently no trans members, but I was told I am welcome.  Maybe they can recommend someone.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi Y’all 

Sunday morning and I’m fresh out of things to add to todays conversation.

coffee is starting to get cold so I guess I should take my last swallow and prepare for the day.

God, I cannot stand cold coffee. gives me the ewes. Hate even the idea of iced coffee.

Been a good couple days at work. I swear people don't get it. I am standing with red polished nails, Hoops hanging from my ears, and lipstick on. Obviously I am a male. (being sarcastic) people still sir me. I guess I need to wear a flashing neon sign saying, Yes, I am a female.

I so want a job where I don't deal with the public.

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Been a good couple days at work. I swear people don't get it. I am standing with red polished nails, Hoops hanging from my ears, and lipstick on. Obviously I am a male. (being sarcastic) people still sir me. I guess I need to wear a flashing neon sign saying, Yes, I am a female.

No idea what's up with that. My most confirming moment yesterday was a client saying that, "She didn't want to look like a man." I looked her square in the eye and said, "Do I look like a man to you?" We both laughed and got on with her workout. I'm her new favorite trainer. Take THAT Steve.

I have gotten into people's faces about it though. When I get "sired" it's more, "What part of this looks like a dude to you? Is it the tits? It's probably the tits."

I mean yeah, I'm pretty femme but I have girlfriends who look more like men than I do. They hardly ever get hassled for it. I suspect people are just being -crappy- to you.

Hugs!

18 hours ago, KymmieL said:

God, I cannot stand cold coffee. gives me the ewes. Hate even the idea of iced coffee.

Kymmie 

I got sir-ed all the time before ffs. I noticed a trend, a lot of misgendering before boobs, less after but still about 50/50 with strangers. Then once I had my ffs I rarely get misgendered. The exception is when people are distracted and are just responding to my voice and not looking up. My voice is still very male even after trying to change it. I didn’t think ffs made a big dif in my appearance but experiences are telling me otherwise. 

Well today is the LAST genital electrolysis session!!!!!!!  I’m hoping it is only an hour or two. I can’t see the perineal area but the rest just has a few hairs so…..

I spent the last week in Florida just chilling and scuba diving and hanging out with some girl friends. I had to do the travel day from hell yesterday to get here for my appointment. I returned to DC but let my former spouse take all of our baggage home while I connected to Chicago with just a carry on. I immediately saw my flight get delayed due to weather in Chicago but they were loading an earlier flight at the moment and managed to get on board! I had to check my carry on though which proved challenging. The pilot slammed the throttle and got us there between storms (1 he 10 minutes!). But then the massive storm hit and they wouldn’t unload bags until the lightning cleared. I ended up waiting for that carry on for 2.5 hrs. So I didn’t get to my hotel until almost 10:30pm EST. 14 hours of travel. Ugh. The positive side is my electro doesn’t start till noon so got to sleep in. Another positive note: Marriott has upped their coffee game recently and it’s not bad at all any more. 
27 days and a wake-up until vaginoplasty! 

@Elizabeth StarYou must be getting real close to your boob job!  Good luck. Stay covid free. 

On 8/27/2022 at 2:29 PM, Astrid said:

A dosage of anything should be given at intervals not longer than the half-life. If that is done, you will reach "steady state" in 5 times the half-life, at which point there shouldn't be anymore ups and downs. So that's 18 or 19 days for you. Otherwise your liver might be breaking the chemical down quicker than average, giving you an effective shorter half-life, in which case you won't reach steady state.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

grand daughter arrived safe and sound.  Outboard engine proved to be stubborn but it finally cooperated and it’s sold now.

We took everyone out for Crazy Mason milkshakes.  OMG, they really are Crazy and you get to keep the Mason jar they are served in.   Wife and I shared a chocolate with brownie bits, fudge, shaved chocolate around the rim of the jar, topped with a brownie more chocolate a half of a Hershey Bar no more shavings in a chocolate mousse.  I think I gained 5 pounds.

our granddaughter is off getting Parlor Donuts.  Here again they are very good but don’t be on a diet.  

@Bri2020 where did you dive in Florida?  Just curious because the areas are each very unique.

@KymmieL my goal is always finish my coffee before it gets cold, or top it up to keep it going..  like you, I do not like iced coffee or any of the fancy stuff from Starbucks.  Just give me an Expresso or an Ammericano.  Black and strong.  

the biggest thing the continues to give me away is my voice.  There are other things from time to time but mostly my voice because I just can’t get into my feminine voice naturally, I have to think about it.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was mostly a HOT 90°s day in the weld shop. Once the welding was complete, a cold front moved through with high winds, 2" of rain, and cooler temperatures. Today we're starting off with a light breeze, and temps in the low 70°s.

The coffee is the regular home brew.

Hugs and Best Wishes to all the new people here on TransPulseForums.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

On 8/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Bri2020 said:

@Elizabeth StarYou must be getting real close to your boob job!  Good luck. Stay covid free. 

It is. I’m writing this from the hospital, waiting to be taken for surgery. 😊

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

waiting to be taken for surgery. 😊

See you on the other side of surgery.

Lizzy, I'm so happy for you.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋