• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It is. I’m writing this from the hospital, waiting to be taken for surgery. 😊

prayers for a speedy recovery, Miss Liz.

9 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone 

grand daughter arrived safe and sound.  Outboard engine proved to be stubborn but it finally cooperated and it’s sold now.

We took everyone out for Crazy Mason milkshakes.  OMG, they really are Crazy and you get to keep the Mason jar they are served in.   Wife and I shared a chocolate with brownie bits, fudge, shaved chocolate around the rim of the jar, topped with a brownie more chocolate a half of a Hershey Bar no more shavings in a chocolate mousse.  I think I gained 5 pounds.

our granddaughter is off getting Parlor Donuts.  Here again they are very good but don’t be on a diet.  

@Bri2020 where did you dive in Florida?  Just curious because the areas are each very unique.

@KymmieL my goal is always finish my coffee before it gets cold, or top it up to keep it going..  like you, I do not like iced coffee or any of the fancy stuff from Starbucks.  Just give me an Expresso or an Ammericano.  Black and strong.  

the biggest thing the continues to give me away is my voice.  There are other things from time to time but mostly my voice because I just can’t get into my feminine voice naturally, I have to think about it.

Willow

That Crazy milkshake sounds like my kind desert or lunch. This girl is a major chocohaulic.  More chocolate the better.

I hate all the fancy arse coffees. Give me plain coffee and I'll be happy. 3 sugars and a cream. OK I take that back. I don't want any missile field coffee. Adding sugar didn't help the taste at all.

My Friday starts today, just got off work. Need to change to something more comfy. Probably shorts and a t. 

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone.

I don't know why but I've been up since 3am. Overall I'm doing pretty good. I'm not hurting that much at the moment but for argument sakes I'm going to get the scripts filled as soon as the pharmacy opens. I ended up going with 400's but since I don't know what I actually started with, I won't have any idea of the final(ish) size for a few weeks/months. Rush Medical was great, by the way. The staff was friendly, helpful and was good about keeping us informed. They were also good about always using my correct name. *Yes my name was legally changed to Elizabeth but I have been going by my middle name "Star" for the last few months. Work is the only place I still get called Liz.*  I definitely recommend them for gender confirming surgeries. 

My friend, who took me, has been amazing and stuck by my side the whole time. She has to work today but still stayed the night with me and is going to check on me throughout the day. I think it's cute how she clings to the idea that we're not GFs.

Things are going pretty good in the rest of my life. I found myself in need of a roommate. I just put it out there a couple days ago and already have 3 people interested. There was a fourth but he came across like a rapey-transphobe in his messages.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself for the next week. I know..... Drink more coffee.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

It’s good to hear you’re doing better “Star”. 

My coffee was on par with a normal morning. 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

F1BBC913-29E4-4F76-8E53-757335358EF6.jpeg

@Elizabeth StarI've had several hospital stays over the past 20 years, and my youngest has had too many to count. There is, in my opinion, no such thing as normal waking or sleeping hours in those circumstances. I'm glad you're doing well, and a little bit jealous to boot. Good to know your experience has been so uplifting.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

September 1st, and the days of Summer are winding down. Fall is my favorite season of the year, for many reasons. #1 - Is cooler temperature, and the clothing options that brings.

My coffee remains the same Hot, black, and strong.:coffee:

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Morning, my friends! School is still going and I have my ice coffee today. I need to start looking at costume ideas. I have a dream where I already have a costume on my body even though halloween was around 2 months away. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

my coffee is done! Still not fully awake.  Had a hard time getting to sleep last night.

@Elizabeth Star congratulations on your new top. nice you have such good friends to check on you.

spent yesterday afternoon at the beach.  It was nice, water was just the right temperature and the boogie boards were catching some really good waves.  Today will be a pool day.  Ie we are staying home.  I have a few errands I need to take care of but they are right in the neighborhood.  

We are going to make chicken wings for dinner tonight.  We air fry them.

guess I need to take a shower .  Catch you all tomorrow.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well it is my Sunday. Back to the grind tomorrow. Not feeling well, I think some bad chow for dinner last night. Also bored out of my mind. Got up after 9. would up going back to bed around 11. Slightly better.

Hugs,

Kymmie

On 8/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, Willow said:

@Bri2020 where did you dive in Florida?  Just curious because the areas are each very unique.

Just off of West Palm beach.  Specifically, Breaker's reef, and the Flower Garden reef areas. I've dove here a few times. The current was weird and challenging like never before (there's always some current)

The Good: Pre-op physical in the morning.

The Bad: no breakfast.

The Ugly: NO COFFEE until around 10am!  

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 I have been to that same area where you just dove. Plus off Daytona Beach, Key Largo many times, Sunbaro lighthouse and reef off Marathon, and Several sights In The marine sanctuary off big pine key.  Otherwise, Bahamas a couple trips, and out of Provodentialas, Turks and Caicos, Lake Erie around Kelly’s Island, and Saint John.

the worst current I dove in was Diving the Speigal Grove a navy LSD, followed by the area where you were..  I taught and certified divers in a quarry located near Haymarket, VA and did their pool work in the pool at the rec center in Oakton, VA.  I am instructor rated by both NAUI, and SDI.  But my diving days are over since I had cancer and still get muscle spasms in my throat.  I’ve logged several hundred dives from shallow (Lake Erie) to deep, West End Turks and Caicos.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

@Bri2020 I have been to that same area where you just dove. Plus off Daytona Beach, Key Largo many times, Sunbaro lighthouse and reef off Marathon, and Several sights In The marine sanctuary off big pine key.  Otherwise, Bahamas a couple trips, and out of Provodentialas, Turks and Caicos, Lake Erie around Kelly’s Island, and Saint John.

the worst current I dove in was Diving the Speigal Grove a navy LSD, followed by the area where you were..  I taught and certified divers in a quarry located near Haymarket, VA and did their pool work in the pool at the rec center in Oakton, VA.  I am instructor rated by both NAUI, and SDI.  But my diving days are over since I had cancer and still get muscle spasms in my throat.  I’ve logged several hundred dives from shallow (Lake Erie) to deep, West End Turks and Caicos.

Willow

My kids got certified at the rec center there through Nautilus Dive (it was called something else back then- over in Chantilly) and did open water at the Haymarket quarry (f that place- way to cold and dark). I never dove the speigle.  I've probably logged 400 dives at this point.  Learning in CA back in the 90s and did a lot of shore diving there. Monterey, Catalina, Laguna beach, Palos Verdes etc etc.  Did a few lake dives in NH. Never putting a 7mm on again!  I've dove from Jupiter down to the keys.  PR a number of times, Grand Bahama, Bonaire multiple trips (my fave) , The Playa del Carmen/Cozumel area a couple trips. Belize (placencia down south) for the whale sharks and blue hole. Blue hole was my deepest at 140 feet for all of 1 minute.  I'm cert Advanced, side mount, self reliant diver which I did all of that just to be able to shoot photos in 40-50 calm water by myself.  If I think about it I have probably spent $100k or more on just on scuba/equipment- eek!  I probably shouldn't be diving, I lie on my forms every time.  I've had so many surgeries that they would want doctor's clearance for plus got a mild case of DCS.  I don't know what I would do if i couldn't get wet twice a year.  My plan is to continue diving no matter what until I reach my 80s or die underwater, whichever comes first ;)

I'm saving up over the next 2 years to upgrade my camera rig. I bought a Nikon z5 with wide angles and a macro lens to bring underwater last year. Now I need the housing/ports and flashes. (probably $6k for all of that) I have arms and video lights that can transfer but my current flashes won't be compatible.  Currently using a compact camera with full lighting setup. It does OK but is limited. Here's two shots from my recent trip which I was glad to get anything out of given all the sediment and wicked current.

B5677E9F-3B11-4C03-8734-E9BC6C89C91E_1_201_a.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.37.30 AM.png

47691800-C57B-40C7-BAD3-EEFBEE285F61_1_201_a.jpeg

Good morning. With no clean (coffee specific) cups or sugar coffee was a challenge this morning. With honey in a juice glass. Beggars can't be choosers.

Thank the Goddess, I have a followup appointment today. This bra is killing me and of course I'd like an unobstructed view of my new boobs.

I'm just sore and tired at this point.

15 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning. With no clean (coffee specific) cups or sugar coffee was a challenge this morning. With honey in a juice glass. Beggars can't be choosers.

Thank the Goddess, I have a followup appointment today. This bra is killing me and of course I'd like an unobstructed view of my new boobs.

I'm just sore and tired at this point.

give yourself some time, it was major surgery. I just had a reasonably tight wrap the first 3 days then he told me to let the hang. lol. They have to "settle". your pec muscles are so tight right now they boobs will be up by your throat for a bit. lol.  Happy healing and first view of them. You will probably cry when you see them   I'm so happy for you.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@Elizabeth Star hi Star, sorry you are in such discomfort but hopefully that will quickly disappear.  I am jealous.

@Bri2020 the original shop in Chantilly was called Ski and Dive.  Then changed its name to Adventure Scuba.  Ownership changed from father to son, son to three partners then the partners merged with Silver Sea and became Nautilus.  Depending on when you were there, Frank has past on, Scott moved to Florida and is part owner in a cave diving operation, Henry sold his share sometime after the merger and lives in North Carolina, Todd Plia and his wife moved to Culibra PR and run a dive operation and sell Real Estate.  I’m in South Carolina and I’ve lost track of the other instructors and dive masters. I stopped teaching there when the went from SDI back to PADI.

yes, diving can be very expensive, especially for those of us who buy all our own equipment.  I have a Nikon UW camera, dry suit two BCs all levels of wetsuits and tanks, pony, steel and aluminum in sizes fro 40 to 120. Maintaining all of this is also very expensive as you know.  

I’ve had my coffee, kids are headed to the beach.  Old folk are staying home.  

have a great day everyone 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star I am jealous,too. My the goddess speed you though recovery.

@Bri2020 Hey, it's Dude Crush and Dory. Did you get their autographs? LOL.

Waiting for the coffee to warm up. Our new coffee machine is one of the fancy ones that auto turn off.

Yesterday feeling chilly I put on a pair of yoga pants. So once my wife got home from her weekly coffee. I helped her unload a rubbermade dresser she picked up at wallys. So she gets it set up in the spare room. She comes out and "you know that woman only wear those when their jeans won't fit anymore." Then "you look all lumpy in them"

A little while later I tell her that one of my high school friends, is on life support in the hospital and his family is going to stop all life sustaining intervention, last night.  She says, "well you had better take care of yourself then."  I so wanted to tell her, you should do the same. but I didn't want an argument.

Better get my coffee and something to eat. before I have to hit the bricks.

Hugs

Kymmie

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

@Bri2020 Hey, it's Dude Crush and Dory. Did you get their autographs? LOL.

Thank you! I was waiting for someone to make the connection (although Crush is a Green Turtle vs a Hawksbill and Dory a Royal Blue Tang verse the Atlantic Blue Tang here.  But if they made a sequel in Florida vs the Australian area these would be the stars!

Good afternoon All

@Elizabeth Star congrats on the 2 new additions, and good healing.

As for me tomorrow I head out to northern New Mexico for a week of fun then when I get back I will be coming out at work. That has me a bit nervous. Everyone have a great weekend.

Hugs

Riley. 

Morning. Today I have plenty of coffee, clean cups and sugar.

Everything went good at my follow up yesterday. The Surgeon and his PA (mostly the surgeon) were super excited about the results. A few other people came to check on me too. It was a little awkward to be on display like that but....whatever.

One Dr, had even asked if I had any erotic sensation come back yet. I didn't know and thought it was too soon to be checking for it, guess not. Sadly, I have to wear this infernal thing for 2 more weeks but I can take it off for short periods and thankfully take a shower. 

In other things. The Goddess has, again, provided. The battery in my bestie's car crapped-out and she been carrying around a jump-start pack for the last week or so. It's not cool and not a good look for a mother of 3 to have to constantly jump start her car. She's OK with it but there's just way to many points of failure in the process.  I happen to do pretty good at a gaming lounge last night so I'm buying her a new battery.

Time to get dressed and get this show on the road.

Have a great day everyone.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone, I’m not enjoying some of the side effects of my Estradiol patch today.  Headache, constipation, hot.  I want my shots back, you hear me Pfizer?  Only 5 more months of this until the shot form is supposed to be available again.

yes there is another generic shot, but the dosing is very different and my insurance won’t cover it.

family went to the beach, at least they are trying to go to the beach.  Being Labor Day weekend we have lots of visitors in town and beaches can be hard to get a parking spot.  The two state beaches close the entry gates.  Lots of other public beach but parking is still an issue.  Come Tuesday we should have a quiet city again.  

Retailers hate that, locals love it.  High School and College kids head back to school so businesses employee levels automatically shrink.  

Coffee and breakfast are done, dog is walked and she is napping on the cool floor.  I’m real close to joining her just not on the floor.

Hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Coffee and breakfast are done, dog is walked and she is napping on the cool floor.  I’m real close to joining her just not on the floor.

I've done that more than once. Dog beds are a comfy option.