• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I was at work for 9/11.  In school for JFK.  

My father was a kid for WWI, served in WWII.  I got drafter during Viet Nam, but ended up in Europe.

10 hours ago, Willow said:

…how is it our fault when we didn’t know we were transgender?

Personally, I wasn't aware that there was such a thing.  I was always curious about girl things.  Never cross-dressed except once for Halloween.  I had 2 sisters who were much younger than me, so we were not close.

I learned pretty quickly that being a "sissy" was not a good thing.

When I got to Jr High I realized I was carrying my books like a girl and made myself switch to guy mode.   From then on I made a point of getting rid of any girl mannerisms I had. (sitting walking etc.)

It's hard to explain… I felt like I was kinda part girl, and this was something I had to hide and overcome to be like the other guys - or people would discover my shameful secret.

Oddly enough, I would still prefer a bit of "girl" jewelry, somewhere inconspicuous.  Any "girl" items I somehow acquired were precious to me.

But I still didn't know transgender was a thing.  I was more worried about being gay - which I wasn't - although I didn't date girls.  I think I thought I wasn't "manly" enough to interest them.

I did experiment just once with a guy, but wasn't impressed.

Soon after, I got together with my ex-wife.  I figured that settled the matter, and lived as a homo/trans-phobic guy for the next 40+ years.  Admittedly I was kinda jealous of her body and all.  But I had to accept "reality".

After many years, I slowly began to acknowledge some of my feminine tendencies - always jokingly.  But when my marriage broke, I had a chance to see what was really going on, and the dam broke.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

As I read your replies, listen to your coffee talk, it’s pretty obvious we all share similar beginnings.  Today’s kids seen to figure it out earlier and with different stories but as we get older before knowing our stories seem to align.

Speaking of coffee, I have a new sponsor starting today, Folgers Black Silk.   Not as bitter as some of the others I have been sponsored by in the past.

I’ve been making pizza dough lately.  My wife made a raisin/pecan bread yesterday and I have plans for a crusty round bread later in the week.  I tried a friend’s dessert recipe yesterday and that turned out pretty good too.  We are sharing the cooking lately although mine is somewhat more limited.  More baking than cooking but I do have some meals I make too.

Guess I’ll be doing some housework today.  We have a home health visit scheduled for Wednesday.

have a great week, 

hugs

Willow

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning

As I read your replies, listen to your coffee talk, it’s pretty obvious we all share similar beginnings.  Today’s kids seen to figure it out earlier and with different stories but as we get older before knowing our stories seem to align.

Speaking of coffee, I have a new sponsor starting today, Folgers Black Silk.   Not as bitter as some of the others I have been sponsored by in the past.

I’ve been making pizza dough lately.  My wife made a raisin/pecan bread yesterday and I have plans for a crusty round bread later in the week.  I tried a friend’s dessert recipe yesterday and that turned out pretty good too.  We are sharing the cooking lately although mine is somewhat more limited.  More baking than cooking but I do have some meals I make too.

Guess I’ll be doing some housework today.  We have a home health visit scheduled for Wednesday.

have a great week, 

hugs

Willow

I guess there is a spectrum for sponsors, just like genders, except for that choose not to identify within the spectrum. I would love to make my pizza, but opiate withdrawal just won't let me do it yet.

• Forum Moderator
25 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone,

I share the same sponsor as Willow, served HOT, black, and strong.

Suzie is the baker in the house, and I'm the primary cook. I love cooking busing the table, cleaning the stove, and counter tops. However I don't do the dishes. Not because I won't do the dishes. Suzie just doesn't think I load the dishwasher correctly. So we mess them up, I bus them up, and she washes them.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning Mindy, thanks a morning chuckle. It used be whoever cook the other would do dishes. Well, I have taken over the kitchen, and really my partner with all hear arthritis finds it hard to do any cooking although we made beef stew about a month ago. I had also took over as chief bottle washer, until my neck went south for the third time. But I'm back to doing the dishes. Actually I decide it was fun. Organize it as to do it it the least amount of time.

• Forum Moderator

I was up on a ladder siding an addition on an old stone house in Bucks County PA on the morning of 9/11.  One of my helpers returned with coffee and the news.  At first we thought it a joke but soon had the clients TV going and saw the towers fall.  Soon the skies were quiet.  I was scheduled for a heart procedure just across the river from NY on the 12th and thought that would be canceled but there were too few wounded to fill the hospitals.   A bit west of us a plane went down in a field.

It wa a day i remember well as it affected many friends, family and the world.

Hugs,

Charlize

We actually had a cold morning, so it seems that fall is almost here.  My husband gets up really early to go to work, and GF usually gets up with him and they start their day together.  My sister and another of my female partners get up about the same time.  I usually sleep later, but today I just couldn't quite warm up again.

We don't drink coffee here, we usually have tea.  Having a Russian GF, I had to get used to that.  I prefer jasmine tea, but we usually have this strong black tea that gets made as a concentrate, then diluted with hot water.  

I was in 6th grade when JFK was shot. Kids went home for lunch in those days, and right after lunch, I was at my location guarding one of the crosswalks. David W. came up to me and told me that Kennedy had been shot. No joke, he said. We all spent the afternoon session sitting in class, waiting for updates.

9-11, I was scheduled for an evening shift at the O'Hare radar facility. Our new assistant facility manager called to inform me of the situation, that all air traffic was grounded, and to get to work early to get through the new security. I hadn't met the guy, and thought someone was pulling a sick joke. Strange to be at work, staring at the radar screen making sure nobody was flying, as opposed to a sky full of airplanes. 

Big things are happening in my life right now.  I'm fully out to all my wife's family.  So far only my mother in law has flat out rejected me.  She's not a nice person anyway and I always knew she was going to be the most difficult.

Next month I'm going to a family wedding and I'm going purely as myself.  I have a gorgeous green dress already lined up to wear.  Last year I went to a family wedding and I had to wear a men's suit.  I was miserable and I was tortured having to see all the women at the wedding in their gorgeous dresses and gowns.  This time I'm going to be one of those women!!!!  Oddly the man getting married last year is the brother of the woman getting married this year.  

• Forum Moderator
3 minutes ago, Becoming Diana said:

I'm fully out to all my wife's family.  So far only my mother in law has flat out rejected me.  She's not a nice person anyway and I always knew she was going to be the most difficult.

Congrats @Becoming Diana on coming fully out to your wife’s family. This was a very difficult thing for me also but of course, it had to be done. Sorry to read that your coming out wasn’t a 100% affirming but it rarely is especially in this political climate. Luckily, you’re not living to please her or anyone but yourself.

17 minutes ago, Becoming Diana said:

Next month I'm going to a family wedding and I'm going purely as myself.  I have a gorgeous green dress already lined up to wear.

Have fun at this upcoming wedding.😁 I have yet to attend a wedding as my authentic self but it is on my bucket list. I agree that wearing a beautiful dress or gown would be a such nice change from those stodgy suits and tuxes that I’ve always worn at every previous wedding I’ve attended, including my own. I bet you’re going to look fabulous in that green dress.

Diana, It sounds like great progress, and it sounds similar to how I came out. In measured steps. Keep it up girl.

15 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I was in 6th grade when JFK was shot. Kids went home for lunch in those days, and right after lunch, I was at my location guarding one of the crosswalks. David W. came up to me and told me that Kennedy had been shot. No joke, he said. We all spent the afternoon session sitting in class, waiting for updates.

At age 22, I watched the funeral cortege arrive at the entrance to Arlington National Cemetery. It was a cold, clear day. The mood was somber, and we heard nothing but the sound of the horses' hooves on pavement. I went up to the gravesite after the ceremony but before the coffin was interred. Security was lax. I had no camera, but those images remain in my mind. 

Early thunderstorm, so up even earlier than usual. 

Yesterday I went to Soma and picked up a couple bras, just walked in and said I needed to start wearing them (not mentioning I had worn them occasionally almost as long as I can remember). The two women were fairly nice about it, considering the whole early Monday morning vibe. Then at a different store got 'ma'am'ed in one of those still rare occasions where it doesn't get withdrawn or corrected, amazing that two little interactions like those can lift your spirits for a day. 

Good morning.

Wow, it's already Tuesday.

I had quit the weekend. We had a lot of rain on Sunday afternoon which in turn caused a tree, in my back yard, to fall. The tree took out a utility pole and ripped the electrical from my house. Thankfully they had my power back on by 9am but the tree and pole are still laying there. My neighbors were nice enough to let me plug a cord into their house so I could have some power and a plus to being vegan, I don't have to worry about meat or dairy products going bad while the fridge is out.

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9403(1).jpeg

In other news....

My BFF may be moving in with me at the end of the month. She's is and had been fighting with her BF. Not physically but over just about everything else, including money. She swears it has nothing to with me but I'm not entirely convinced. Maybe I was a catalyst.

Socially, I think I need to set myself to a higher standard. One of the people I had been seeing told me last night how they got approval from the board for us to date. Board? What? Apparently having a relationship with me could cause some unforeseen political issues and required approval before we cross the casual dating line. I can honestly say I have never felt like I was worth so much to someone and it's all based on who I am, not what I can do. But, I feel I may need to revamp and upgrade my wardrobe.

have a great day everyone.

8 hours ago, Becoming Diana said:

Big things are happening in my life right now.  I'm fully out to all my wife's family.  So far only my mother in law has flat out rejected me.  She's not a nice person anyway and I always knew she was going to be the most difficult.

Next month I'm going to a family wedding and I'm going purely as myself.  I have a gorgeous green dress already lined up to wear.  Last year I went to a family wedding and I had to wear a men's suit.  I was miserable and I was tortured having to see all the women at the wedding in their gorgeous dresses and gowns.  This time I'm going to be one of those women!!!!  Oddly the man getting married last year is the brother of the woman getting married this year.  

Congrats- now we need to see the dress and just as importantly- what shoes will you be wearing!

2 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Early thunderstorm, so up even earlier than usual. 

Yesterday I went to Soma and picked up a couple bras, just walked in and said I needed to start wearing them (not mentioning I had worn them occasionally almost as long as I can remember). The two women were fairly nice about it, considering the whole early Monday morning vibe. Then at a different store got 'ma'am'ed in one of those still rare occasions where it doesn't get withdrawn or corrected, amazing that two little interactions like those can lift your spirits for a day. 

Brings me joy to here stories like that. You keep going for it ma'am 👩

I had a wonderful evening yesterday.  The women who run the fashion consignment shop I love came over to go through my closet and drink a lot of wine ;). The goal was to help me "garanimal" my outfits so I can not get so overwhelmed in the mornings. Over the last 2 years I've just been grabbing pieces that I thought I would like but not knowing what to wear them with.  We spent 2.5 hours ravishing the closet, putting things together and taking pics for my reference. In the end they made me toss about 50lbs of clothes that don't "work" for me.  At times they wanted to see what something looked like on me so many clothing changes were happening.  I was trying to be modest wearing a cami top and shorts and pulling things over it or running to the bathroom to change and eventually they all just said "girl, just take off your top and shorts, you're safe here". The only one who has seen me semi naked was my ex wife (who was there to witness the whole circus). I was a little uncomfortable for a second.  Once I did however it was so nice. I felt like it was a "girls locker room"  kinda thing. They did comment that my boobs came out amazing 😊  I responded with "take a gander at what $8k boobs look like ladies". lol. Anyways, it was so much fun and I am so blessed to have such good friends helping me learn quickly what to wear and what not too.  We then made an itemized shopping list that I have to stick to to complete a bunch of looks.  Mostly basics like black t-shirts and big blocky "gem colors" sweaters.  They know my sizes and will pull items that I need in the consignment shop as they come in for me to come try!  Here's some of the combos they helped me put together plus the reject pile. Anyone in the DC area a size 8-10 or size 16 jacket want to go through the rejects? ;)

FA77C876-CB66-49F0-B41A-103DD521DB72.thumb.jpeg.23d3fd91bf4c8f11821a726ecb1a8a70.jpeg726DF524-9B85-435B-8CDA-B05B21DFEA27.thumb.jpeg.63bc4c96574cefa107007b64bf88664f.jpeg5CFC75BE-727F-4DD7-80C0-0AE3A486394F.thumb.jpeg.d6bef44d7e49a385e079d0934dea17b7.jpeg96F67BDD-3F1B-4990-A57F-2150F00D8E24.thumb.jpeg.3d0be6a44af1e7f9bc6f544daed1231a.jpegED43203D-4C57-4BF2-9D8D-7F494C8D1689.thumb.jpeg.306dc35e5b774ea12d127ec4c16d1503.jpegIMG_4689.thumb.png.5ecebeb350761134f348353905565454.png

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Today I have to finish picking up and cleaning the condo.  I also need to make a trip to my boat to check on some things, pump the water out of my dinghy (we’ve had a lot of rain) and possibly do a few other things.  So it could be a busy day.  

I’m not enamored with my new sponsor.  I’m used to a stronger roast, and since I’m using single cup brews, I can’t really increase the amount of coffee or perk it longer.  On the up side it is smoother.

Weatherwise we can’t get out of the pattern of moisture.  We still have a high stuck offshore and a low that is starting to squeeze it but combined they and pulling warm moisture up from the gulf.  The low is supposed to win the battle later today but that isn’t always a good thing.  High pressure systems seem to steer potential hurricanes away. At least the next two possibilities are one to two weeks away.  This is the peak of the season.

@Bri2020 I understand what you mean about clothes that were a good idea at the time but aren’t now.  I have a hard time putting things together in my closet too.  Part of my issue was the while living on our boat, we had to use a laundromat.  The machines there ruined a lot of our clothes so combinations I bought are now missing half, usually the tops.

it’s tough keeping a usable closet.

well the day isn’t getting any younger.  I guess I need to get started.

ANYONE KNOW WHY MY EDITOR DOESN’T CLEAR sometimes after I POST.  Caps for attention not yelling.

hugs

Willow

4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Congrats- now we need to see the dress and just as importantly- what shoes will you be wearing!

I have a pic of my dress on my profile page.  As for shoes, I have a pair of black open-toe fancy shoes I might wear and I can paint my toenails green.  Or I might have to invest in a pair of green shoes.  But the wedding is already costing us a lot with travel and a hotel stay and funds are tight right now.

Hi everyone,

Well I have some things to share. I am not sure how to start. I am feeling happy, almost elated actually. Two weeks ago I had an interesting time at a LBGTQ camp ground. On Saturday night back then two acquaintances that I made who were CD introduced me to a trans woman, they thought that it would be nice for me to talk with someone like myself. I met C and we talked for almost two hours before we went our separate ways. We exchanged contact information and she invited me to comeback and visit her.

Well on this past Thursday night we met up for dinner at her RV and a game night in the camp rec center. We had a lot of fun. On Friday she asked if I wanted to hang out with her again. We met up on Friday and just had so much fun together that it was 4AM before we even knew it. I spent the night with her and we also spent all day Saturday and Saturday night together. Sunday morning, we had breakfast and I just had to get back home. So we said our good byes.

It was a very surreal experience. We talked a lot and enjoyed each other’s company. I felt like we had been friends for years. Everything just seemed to click at all the right moments. We shared our pasts and even some of our darkest secrets with each other. I am experiencing a happiness that I had not felt for years. When I am with her I feel myself… Rachel is free and happy.

~Rachel

5 minutes ago, CD Rachel said:

Hi everyone,

Well I have some things to share. I am not sure how to start. I am feeling happy, almost elated actually. Two weeks ago I had an interesting time at a LBGTQ camp ground. On Saturday night back then two acquaintances that I made who were CD introduced me to a trans woman, they thought that it would be nice for me to talk with someone like myself. I met C and we talked for almost two hours before we went our separate ways. We exchanged contact information and she invited me to comeback and visit her.

Well on this past Thursday night we met up for dinner at her RV and a game night in the camp rec center. We had a lot of fun. On Friday she asked if I wanted to hang out with her again. We met up on Friday and just had so much fun together that it was 4AM before we even knew it. I spent the night with her and we also spent all day Saturday and Saturday night together. Sunday morning, we had breakfast and I just had to get back home. So we said our good byes.

It was a very surreal experience. We talked a lot and enjoyed each other’s company. I felt like we had been friends for years. Everything just seemed to click at all the right moments. We shared our pasts and even some of our darkest secrets with each other. I am experiencing a happiness that I had not felt for years. When I am with her I feel myself… Rachel is free and happy.

~Rachel

That sounds so lovely, it warms my heart to hear such stories

12 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

The women who run the fashion consignment shop I love came over to go through my closet and drink a lot of wine ;). The goal was to help me "garanimal" my outfits so I can not get so overwhelmed in the mornings. Over the last 2 years I've just been grabbing pieces that I thought I would like but not knowing what to wear them with. 

Once I did however it was so nice. I felt like it was a "girls locker room"  kinda thing. They did comment that my boobs came out amazing 😊  I responded with "take a gander at what $8k boobs look like ladies".

That's a really good idea. I'm almost ashamed about how long it's taken me in the morning to put an outfit together.

8k? You out out easy. I just saw the bill for mine today, $32k. My insurance paid for them so I'm not to bothered by the cost.

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

That's a really good idea. I'm almost ashamed about how long it's taken me in the morning to put an outfit together.

8k? You out out easy. I just saw the bill for mine today, $32k. My insurance paid for them so I'm not to bothered by the cost.

Ouch. My insurance won't pay for top surgery. C'mon estrogen!