• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

14 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Hi everyone,

Well I have some things to share. I am not sure how to start. I am feeling happy, almost elated actually. Two weeks ago I had an interesting time at a LBGTQ camp ground. On Saturday night back then two acquaintances that I made who were CD introduced me to a trans woman, they thought that it would be nice for me to talk with someone like myself. I met C and we talked for almost two hours before we went our separate ways. We exchanged contact information and she invited me to comeback and visit her.

Well on this past Thursday night we met up for dinner at her RV and a game night in the camp rec center. We had a lot of fun. On Friday she asked if I wanted to hang out with her again. We met up on Friday and just had so much fun together that it was 4AM before we even knew it. I spent the night with her and we also spent all day Saturday and Saturday night together. Sunday morning, we had breakfast and I just had to get back home. So we said our good byes.

It was a very surreal experience. We talked a lot and enjoyed each other’s company. I felt like we had been friends for years. Everything just seemed to click at all the right moments. We shared our pasts and even some of our darkest secrets with each other. I am experiencing a happiness that I had not felt for years. When I am with her I feel myself… Rachel is free and happy.

~Rachel

I'm happy for you Rachel. Finding someone special is always a blessing.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I hope everyone is having a good day, of course it’s just begun.

Switched sponsors today.  I made a pot instead of a single.  So, today it’s Star….  Sumatra.

The question has come up about paying for breast implants.  My insurance will pay for them, my copay would be under $400.  However, I can’t find a doctor who would accept my insurance.  Admittedly I’ve only started the search because I promised I’d give the patch a chance before going that route.  Closest I’ve found is in Virginia and being out of plan and out of state could be an issue.  It’s possible I’ve found one at Roper St. Frances but I’ll have to call them.

our annual in home health assessment is today. It’s in about an hour so not much time here.

have a great day

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Also a good morning to our coffee clutch.

Things are OK. Seems like the wife is ignoring me again. I must have gone something wrong in her eyes. IDK Finally have the winch mount on the truck. Now I have to modify the skid plate to work. They didn't make provisions for that. So, the cut off wheel is coming out.

For top surgery, or any gender conforming surgery. I am waiting for the VA to get their policies and such worked out. Should be close to the public comment phase, Last I heard from my GYN. I seriously doubt I will be able to get anything done. Wife would go off the deep end with that.

Have a good day all. Soon to the garage to measure, and measure again, the cut and fit then cut some more. The curse that I cut to much and looks like crap. The story of my life.

Later friends,

Kymmie

Morning, everyone. Been in a slump recently but not so bad. I'll be making coffee soon and see if I can wake up more. Happy (sorta) Fall, I know it's not technically fall but it does feel like it. ☕🍁🎃

Good morning All

The coffee is strong and good this morning in central Texas. So before I went on vacation last week I had a meeting with our HR dept and I will officially come out at work next week. I then headed to northern New Mexico near Santa Fe to spend the week with my friend at her house, she is also transgender and we are both close on our transition time line and we met a little over year ago. She invited me to come spend the week with her and it was an absolute blast. When I told her that I will be coming out on the 21st or 22nd she said girl we need to go shopping so we headed to Santa Fe for 2 days of shopping and eating great food. I have never had so much fun and the people of Santa Fe were so nice and gendered us correctly all the time. That was a real confidence builder for me, and now I have a whole new cute wardrobe for work. I also have started filling out my paper work for name and gender marker change and I hope to have that all completed by early October. Then all I am waiting on is the confirmation date from my surgeon for my FFS.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs

Riley.

PS I will post pictures from Santa Fe later today.

15 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

8k? You out out easy. I just saw the bill for mine today, $32k. My insurance paid for them so I'm not to bothered by the cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if your cost was that high because they knew your insurance was paying for it. I've heard about clinics charging different rates for the same procedure depending who's paying.

Although I'm not sure whether that's still a thing with the new law about transparency in medical costs (But I don't recall if that was a federal thing, or just here in Ohio.)

15 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

That's a really good idea. I'm almost ashamed about how long it's taken me in the morning to put an outfit together.

8k? You out out easy. I just saw the bill for mine today, $32k. My insurance paid for them so I'm not to bothered by the cost.

That's an outrageous amount- he's bilking the insurance. National average is less than $5k for a BA with silicone implants. Saline are cheaper

Hi,

I sent in some paper work and a request for a consultation for BA last night. I will chime in on the cost discussion when I get an idea.

Does anyone have any information on Dr Christine McGinn as far as transition surgery goes? 

~Rachel

What a glorious day here in the DC metro area. 74 degrees, no humidity and only a few clouds in the sky.  I got my haircut done this morning and then a new daybed+trundle arrived for my spare room so I started assembly. I quit after the main daybed part was done. I needed a better guest sleeping arrangement since some people will be helping me when I get home from surgery. I think I'm going to take advantage of this weather and take a little mushroom foraging hike in a bit.

8 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Also a good morning to our coffee clutch.

Things are OK. Seems like the wife is ignoring me again. I must have gone something wrong in her eyes. IDK Finally have the winch mount on the truck. Now I have to modify the skid plate to work. They didn't make provisions for that. So, the cut off wheel is coming out.

For top surgery, or any gender conforming surgery. I am waiting for the VA to get their policies and such worked out. Should be close to the public comment phase, Last I heard from my GYN. I seriously doubt I will be able to get anything done. Wife would go off the deep end with that.

Have a good day all. Soon to the garage to measure, and measure again, the cut and fit then cut some more. The curse that I cut to much and looks like crap. The story of my life.

Later friends,

Kymmie

It makes me so sad to hear the struggles you’re having. I can’t imagine the anguish you must be feeling Kymmie. 😥 Wish I could sit down with you and listen and just talk about stuff. You are such a big part of this community. Heck you even started this coffee  room which has over 600 pages of life in it, bigger than most full length novels!!!! It would be a Herculean effort to go back to page one and read everything you started 4 years ago up to today!!! You always ask such great questions and I’ve learned so much from all the answers. Thank you for being so persistent! You’re truly an inspiration!

• Forum Moderator

Thanks @Aggie1 it means a lot. I didn't think that this thread would have lasted this long. And still going, I guess when we get a couple drinks in us (Coffee) we can't shut up.

I may or may not have post that I turned in a couple complaints in about my treatment at work. I with hearing nothing and seemingly being subject to retribution. I have moved the complaints up the ladder to HR at the home office.  At least now I hope that I am getting somewhere.

Not only am I not getting told anything at work. Now it is at home, I didn't know that my wife had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Well she did.

Well these last two days off have been some of the better ones. I saw my new endo via telehealth at the VA. I always enjoy going as I am totally accepted. Started when I checked in for my appointment, "You have a good day, Miss Hunter." to the vampires at the lab. 

Then got home and put the winch mount on the truck. Now today, I fitted the skid plate to the winch mount. the worked on the wiring on the wagon. I actually did something I find enjoyable.

Tomorrow, my therapist appointment is a hour after I start. So we'll see how that goes. Hopefully find out how my disability rating upgrade has been. 

Have a good night,all my Friends.

Kymmie

10 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Thanks @Aggie1 it means a lot. I didn't think that this thread would have lasted this long. And still going, I guess when we get a couple drinks in us (Coffee) we can't shut up.

I may or may not have post that I turned in a couple complaints in about my treatment at work. I with hearing nothing and seemingly being subject to retribution. I have moved the complaints up the ladder to HR at the home office.  At least now I hope that I am getting somewhere.

Not only am I not getting told anything at work. Now it is at home, I didn't know that my wife had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Well she did.

Well these last two days off have been some of the better ones. I saw my new endo via telehealth at the VA. I always enjoy going as I am totally accepted. Started when I checked in for my appointment, "You have a good day, Miss Hunter." to the vampires at the lab. 

Then got home and put the winch mount on the truck. Now today, I fitted the skid plate to the winch mount. the worked on the wiring on the wagon. I actually did something I find enjoyable.

Tomorrow, my therapist appointment is a hour after I start. So we'll see how that goes. Hopefully find out how my disability rating upgrade has been. 

Have a good night,all my Friends.

Kymmie

I had one bad even dealing with my phone provider, I didn't even drink my coffee

• Forum Moderator

Hi I’m watching AGT Finals.

I got my Flu shot today.  We did a bunch of shopping.  Our license plate came in the mail.  And our new food processor came.  Why a food processor?  Well I’m getting in to baking and there are a recipes that require a food processor.

home health assessment went well.  My wife told her about her concerns about me and her difficulties.  We talked more about that this evening.  When @KymmieLstarted this thread she and I and another friend were all pretty much in the same place with our spouses.  I guess I am the most fortunate in that my wife is working with me, but it wasn’t that long ago things were no better than Kymmie expresses.  And our other friend reads but doesn’t post here although she occasionally pms the two of us.  

We are all on this road not by choice but out of necessity.  Some of us have been on the road longer and have made more progress because they’ve had more time.  Others have been able to make progress faster.  Personally, there is only one more thing I’d like to do for myself and I’ll be done with my desired changes.  I’m already there mentally.  

Kymmie we’ve had friends here that turned out to be using this forum to accomplish the things they wanted be damned who they stepped on, but they are few.  We’ve all made good friends and shared both the good and the bad.  We’ve all tried to help each other, more than most realize. (Only because the writers have grown in number since those early days). Most of the forums have a more defined purpose.  But this one has always been where you can sit down with your friends with a cup of coffee or whatever you drink, and just talk about anything.  We laugh, we cry and we share hugs.

I love you all and have to say this is my main place to share the good, the bad and the ugly!

hugs to all

Willow

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Willow said:

I love you all and have to say this is my main place to share the good, the bad and the ugly.

Hey now don't get personal, LOL.

• Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Hey now don't get personal, LOL.

Who who me?  Personal?  Never in a million years!  Well maybe just a little but I’d never make a bad comment.  Siri might change something, but I wouldn’t say it.  Lol

Good Moring   everyone  wish you all the best in working it out out with spouses, work and other things.  I was not out when I was married for the 36 years and we had our ups and downs.but since she passed I have been changing into Rachel and it is so good, only thing it is a lonely trip.  Have a good day Hope all gos well 

It can take time to build a circle of friendly supports. Slowly over 3 years along with gf of 30+ years, although supportive doesn't always gets what I am going through, I have confidence to turn to a few for just about everything my including my scramble brains (lol)

@Willow well said.  @KymmieLthank you for starting this thread. I must admit, this is the primary thread I check every day. I used the rest of the forum pretty heavily the first year of my transition for knowledge about the process but nowadays, I just come here to check on friends and see how everyone is doing.  I has been painful at times to read about people's challenges as well as joyous to see people rise from the ashes.  My morning coffee is richer for being able to be shared with you all. Cheers and I love you all.

Speaking of coffee rituals, I have no idea why but my alarm went off way to early and I didn't realize what time it was so I got up and made my coffee, brought the pot back to the bed and pour a cup before I realized it was just 5:15am!  Normally I will get up around 5:45-6:30. I don't have any plans this morning so I was going to sleep in. Oh well.

I had my last social gathering last night before self imposed pre-op isolation goes into effect. Just a little social networking of local women. We gather once a month or so to keep in touch and connect. Last night it was at a wine bar.  I'm not drinking right now (also in prep for surg) so I just had a peach tea. It was an absolutely beautiful night. I didn't stick around too long because I started wigging out about my worries of getting sick before surgery but it was nice to see some of the ladies I don't normally see very often.  I also got a day/trundle bed assembled that I needed in order to have a spare bed for support people to sleep (and guests in the future). I'm here to tell you, I am not the muscular man I used to be! Thank the goddess, but I do miss the strength I had at time like yesterday when the delivery guy dropped off the bed at the mail room instead of bringing it up to my apartment. In some ways, adjusting to the limits of this new body has been one of my bigger challenges. I knew intellectually that I would lose muscle but it really didn't sink in how much that would affect the ways I would have to do things. I took for granted that I could just throw sacks of concrete onto my shoulders with no issues, now I'm lucky if I can finagle that into a shopping cart. lol.

Well, the coffee pot is now empty, I guess I will do my wordle and get on with my day. Have a wonderful day everyone.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

@Bri2020 thank you for your kind thoughts.  stay well!

@Mmindy good one.

My wife and I talked about being happy this morning.  It was precipitated by a Facebook post where I said I was happy now and she took it to mean I hadn’t been happy in our marriage.  One lengthy conversation later, she has learned a few more “secrets” and understands it was never about her or our family.  It was more about my issues that like many of you I tried hard to suppress.  You does have insecurity issues, and thanks in part to my sister I became an introvert when I had been more of an extrovert at a young age.

Anyway, we are good.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good to hear, @Willow that your wife is starting to understand.

I cannot remember the last time I really sat and talked with my wife. In the back of my mind I am thinking. That she believes it is all about her. She has really never said anything about my happiness. Yeah, I know that she has done things to appease me. Letting us get a vehicle because I wanted it, for example.

Well, I am going in later today so I can go to my appointment.

Hugs,

Kymmie

@Willow @KymmieL You bring up good points that I never fully processed. Bits and pieces, with my therapist and on my own, yes, but not fully enough. Conversations with my wife, and her level of understanding. We never got really deep into why. I tried - or at least I think I did - but she's always been more about the timing and the kids. Yes, those were and continue to be important issues, although timing is less so now that we're divorced, etc. She's known for years that I've been unhappy with "something about myself," too sad too often (I think she used the word "miserable"). True dat. She's also known that I have a family history of heart disease /heart attacks. Two grandfathers, one grandmother, both parents, older brother. My parents both died at 76, none of the others made it to 70. I have 3 cardiac stents, and turn 70 in a few days. That was all part of the discussions we had about steps I want to take. Don't have much time, don't want to wait too long. She figure 5 or 6 years wasn't too long to wait. Hello, Earth to Wife! You hear the words, but aren't listening. Not conducive to reaching a compromise.

She has never asked for anything like an in-depth explanation. Oh, you're trans. Gonna be tough on the kids. Don't do anything until they're all done with school. (I was 50 when we adopted the first, so, yeah, 2 still in school yet.) She did ask how I envisioned our relationship after my transition (what stage? IDK). Well, she has no interest in a social relationship - has enough friends. She hasn't asked if I'm finally happy with that "something about myself." She doesn't want to see it, even to see me. Doesn't want to know about why or anything else.  She's very bitter - I get it - and I am very happy as Hannah - she doesn't get it. And doesn't want to know why or how.

Good morning it has been a while since I last posted here but have kept up on the conversations and the ups and downs. I have learned so much from all of you on this page as it truly helps to know that there are others out there that are going through the same things as I am.

I took a trip that took me through 12 states, 4600 miles and 45 days. Was able to connect with friends and family and had a great time. I spent some of my time out and about as the new me and made some new friends.

I started my HTR treatment on the first of Aug and I’m so glad that this process has started. SO far, I have had no side effects or noticed any changes, I know it will take some time for everything to fall into place and for changes to start happening.

Yesterday I was out and about running errands and doing some shopping. It was my favorite day of the month as it was nail day. I don’t know why spending 2 hours in the nail salon is so relaxing and makes me so happy. I love trying new nail colors and seeing what is going to be my best look. Next month will be even more exciting as it is Halloween and I’m going for a theme that will reflect my favorite holiday.

Well, I think I have rambled on long enough for one day and I hope every one has a blessed day.

On a positive note, I am continually impressed with the people at my new job (driving a school bus). After 4 weeks of training, this is my second week of driving on my own. I know that there are more than just a few people there who are aware I am trans, yet every day it seems someone I haven't met yet walks by and says, "Hi, Hannah! How are things going?" In other aspects of my day-to-day, I am very rarely misgendered. I am talked to and treated as a woman. In my past life, I was (in the public square) just another body using up oxygen. Nothing special one way or the other. I guess I'm passing reasonably well.

Finally have coffee in hand, and ready for writing. I have my choice of 8 that I have already started, and a few that are all most finished and 1 in the revision stage. Plus I went to start my free will blog. Plus posting hear and other trans channels.

Cheers,  Stephie