• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Last Friday on my way home from work my company car started to make a lot of crazy noises. It sounded like valves rattling and a rod knock. I was able to get back to the office on Monday. Later I was pulled in to talk with our VP. We had a chat about how I'm not doing much if any field work these days and don't need the company car anymore. Thought this was going to suck since I haven't had to drive my own car in 20 years. Where thing made a turn is, the owner gave me one of the other cars they have. Like I own it, gave to me. I don't think he'll ever know how much that means to me especially since I have no other way to get to work if I have car problems. Now I have a back up.

Today is the big day. I get to go bra shopping. As of tomorrow I can start wearing regular bras again. I was told I need a supportive one for during the day but I could wear a lighter one to sleep in. I want something cute and comfy so I'm heading to VS first.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Today is the big day. I get to go bra shopping. As of tomorrow I can start wearing regular bras again. I was told I need a supportive one for during the day but I could wear a lighter one to sleep in. I want something cute and comfy so I'm heading to VS first.

Hope I get to hear those words some day. Have fun.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

That was my wife's concern too but I have yet to have any issues. If I ever do, I'd do what Kymmie said and just show my ID.

It is a official government ID. So legally I am "F"

It was comical when we were closing. I had to fill in and sign a form about my gender. They must have seen my license and were confused. Unfortunately I put down M.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi, back from our day out. The farmers market was a bit disappointing although we bought some really good honey.  Comes from a farm not far from our home.  The at Chicos, my wife got two pairs of slacks and a blouse for $100 after coupons applied.  That’s a good deal.

@KymmieL sounds like you missed an opportunity there.

Lizzy sounds like a great day/weekend a car and bra shopping.  A week or two ago I walked into a ladies room and I thought there was a man in there, I backed out enough to check the door I was right. But it wasn’t a man either.  How embarrassing.

I was able to get two bras from VS. After I tried on a couple, I resigned to ask for help and to be measured. I'm officially a 36DD. I got a black one with the PINK logo, a light blue (Yes, not black) wire-free one and a roll-on perfume. VS Bombshell is one of my favorites. I spent a bit more than I intended but I'll have these bras for quite a while and they're super comfy.

Found out my BFF's youngest has COVID so hopefully I don't get it. I really, really don't want to get it again. She must have known I was talking about her. Just got a message, no one else in her family has it.

I'm still drained from yesterday so I'm calling it an early night.

Up early to get to 9 month blood work done. Drinking coffee from yesterday. This blood draw before I dose E, because I told my Endo I was doing sublingual and it might have thrown the numbers off so soon after taking it. She said doing oral is fine, sublingual and patches and injections are more for pre-existing conditions I guess. The biggest thing is if I am progressing, and I am, and staying clear of dangerous levels. 

Finally ran into a fellow woman coworker in the women's restroom but she was one of the ones i would have chosen anyway, but I admit I did get a little paranoid because I really didn't get the official "green light" and as far as it was discussed, i was using the coed bathroom. But I figure it's just time to fully step into my womanhood and generally, my employer is really professional and the whole work transition has gone without a hitch.

I been wanting to bra shop but in the meantime I got some Nipppy's and actually they work just as advertised. A little different, but an alternative to wearing a bra with a top with thin fabric, or something that requires strapless. They just stay on, even when I was hot and sweaty one time. You just have to keep them clean.  

On 9/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ivy said:

When I first came out, my safety was something that my ex was concerned about.  

I use women's restrooms if they're single occupancy.  I have used the larger ones, but I try to avoid them.  I'd be scared to use a men's one.  I have mentioned that I keep a "Pee Jar" in my car for times I don't feel safe.

There have been times I didn't go somewhere, or attend an event because of this issue because it will come up.  I kinda know the places in town where I feel safe, or the facilities are non-gendered.

When I went on my first date about 2 and half years ago I used the women's room and have never gone back to a male room. I will take unisex if it's like Starbucks. I used to go in and out, but now that I pass very well. I stop at the mirror and check my look. I guess I'm somewhat vain 

• Forum Moderator
14 minutes ago, StephieGurl said:

Well, I hope I'm not thrown out of here because instead of coffee, I'm drinking Dr. Pepper. 

You'll be fine. Welcome to the coffee clutch.

Kymmie

2 hours ago, StephieGurl said:

Well, I hope I'm not thrown out of here because instead of coffee, I'm drinking Dr. Pepper. 

You're not alone. The last time coffee ever touched my lips was about 30 years ago - and that was only because I was told it was hot chocolate. That's what I get for trying to drink while distracted.

1 minute ago, Hannah Renee said:

You're not alone. The last time coffee ever touched my lips was about 30 years ago - and that was only because I was told it was hot chocolate. That's what I get for trying to drink while distracted.

I do drink coffee, but it is usually cold with a dash of heavy cream. But not this morning.

1 minute ago, StephieGurl said:

I do drink coffee, but it is usually cold with a dash of heavy cream. But not this morning.

OMG! Does that mean I'm alone?😯 Actually, I don't do hot liquids at all, including soup. The last time I intentionally drank something hot was like the winter of 1980, at a ski resort on Mt Charleston, outside of Vegas. Hot apple cider.

1 hour ago, Hannah Renee said:

OMG! Does that mean I'm alone?😯 Actually, I don't do hot liquids at all, including soup. The last time I intentionally drank something hot was like the winter of 1980, at a ski resort on Mt Charleston, outside of Vegas. Hot apple cider.

There days I go without coffee more often not, so your not totally alone🙃

• Forum Moderator

I do go without coffee. I am getting to hate my wife new coffee maker. Most of the time there are grounds in the pot. Which winds up in my cup. I cannot stand drinking chunky coffee. 

Hugs,

Kymmie 

So my back went out and I spent Tuesday in bed so then I woke at 3 a.m. feeling better physically but depressed and lonely. So naturally as a Buddhist I turn to Christmas musicals and warm almond milk. White Chrismas, of course, and Singing in the Rain (it's just SOOO good), but also Last Christmas by Emma Thompson, and Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas — for up-to-dateness sake. That all sounds a little too gay, but I'm OK with that. Have a fine day, y'all!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

morning drinks are limited to “what ever floats your boat”. Silly me asking for a pole of bathrooms.  We are women and use the womens restroom unless you’re not.  Unisex is always the best unless it’s a mess.

so, I am getting a fair amount of interest in my boat. Showed it yesterday but it was too much.  Have an appointment Thursday and one Saturday.

Willow

I still present as a man, (NB) but don't have the equipment anymore to use a urinal. I use the men's room, but sometimes the stalls are awful. My wife is more worried than I am, but I am careful because I am well aware what could happen in my area.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, Hannah Renee said:

I am not a coffee drinker either. My drink of choice is Diet Coke

Mike

@Davie White Christmas and  Singing in the rain are two of my favorites. Classics should be enjoyed year round. Hope you are feeling better.

~Rachel

Good evening, all. This brief interlude is being sponsored by some guy name Mike, who just happens to make a halfway decent lemonade, IMHO.

Anyway, about 6 weeks ago, when I officially changed my name, I reached out via email to two people with whom I shared an office for the last few years of my career. Not a whole lot that we ever disagreed with. Nevertheless, I had been reluctant to share the news of my transition, fearing they might be grievously disappointed. I had told them previously that I would soon be letting them know the reason behind my impending (thankfully final now) divorce. This the email. I heard back from the woman within 10-14 days, enough time for her to digest the news, and she was very kind, gracious, and supportive of my decision for my own sake well-being.

Hadn't heard back from the man, though, and thought he was struggling worse than I expected, or I gave him a heart attack. 

Well, he called today. Hen I sent the email, he had been on his annual jaunt to Alaska. Right before he got back, his internet provider was having some sort of difficulty keeping it going, particularly regarding email. He'd just got it back, and was trying to catch up. The woman called him, and said he should read this email I'd send. He called instead, and we talked for 45 minutes - and it made my day and then some. I told him pretty much everything. He apologized that it would take him a bit of practice to remember to call me Hannah. While we were basically work friends, we've kept in touch since I retired 13+ years ago.

A true friend. I should never have doubted.

• Forum Moderator
27 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

While we were basically work friends, we've kept in touch since I retired 13+ years ago.

A true friend. I should never have doubted.

I understand the satisfaction you feel.  I have enjoyed reconnecting with some of my old air force friends from 40 years ago.  Like you, I was concerned how they would take the news, but in all cases they were happy to meet the new me.

It is very satisfying to be pleasantly surprised in that way.  I am happy that you have had a similar experience.

I tried connecting with an old friend a few weeks ago. He asked me what was up with me changing my name. O got as far as telling him I'm legally a woman now and that was the last I heard from him. I though he was marginally better than that but oh well, his loss.

@Elizabeth Star

You may be right :( 

But sometimes it takes  long time for people to get it.  
If it’s truly important there will be a better time.

btw congrats on your surgery🌈🌈

You look great!  
Your ability to make friends and relationships is greater..

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

You know, I really don’t know why I ever started drinking coffee, I guess I saw it as a right of passage.  Why not tea?  Well I did drink tea for a while but never got it right, except for iced tea.  My mother drank coffee and my father tea.  

I closed down my Facebook and other connections to my friends when I figure out I was a sheep in wolves clothing.  Then I opened a new Facebook account and slowly and carefully started asking old friends to be friends again.  Some have, some haven’t but I now know who my good friends were.  Some surprised me.  Never give up, you just don’t know.  My closest old friends have made their journey to the other side.  

I am having trouble finding someone in my plan that will take insurance to cover breast implants and without insurance coverage it can’t ever happen.  Out of state is a possibility but it can’t be too far away, I still have to get there and back multiple times.

@Confused1 now for the big debate, Coke verses Pepsi and diet verses regular.  I am a “Real Sugar Pepsi” fan but that isn’t easy to get.  Coke was developed about 6 hours south of here and Pepsi four hours north. These days Everyone uses corn syrup and that’s worse for you.  I’ve never found a diet drink that I could drink.  And yes I can absolutely tell the difference. Yet I know a lot of people swear by diet drinks often for the same reasons I swear by regular.  There will never but an agreement on this question.

i have someone interested in my boat coming to see it today and another Saturday.  I’m going to miss it but that’s the way it goes.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I tried connecting with an old friend a few weeks ago. He asked me what was up with me changing my name. O got as far as telling him I'm legally a woman now and that was the last I heard from him. I though he was marginally better than that but oh well, his loss.

I came out to (Who I thought) was a best friend from the service. A few years ago. While we are still facebook friends that is about it. I haven't came out to any other people I know from the past. To most I am the kid that had the white car. From the autoshop. I believe that is the way my classmates remember me.

@Willow I also don't remember why I started drinking coffee. Both my parents did. I think it was my wife, a coffeehalic. I cannot remember a time were she ordered anything but a coffee and an ice water at a sit down restaurant.

Fall has started here in the northern Rockies. Yesterday and today are in the mid 60s.

Kymmie