• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

I do go without coffee. I am getting to hate my wife new coffee maker. Most of the time there are grounds in the pot. Which winds up in my cup. I cannot stand drinking chunky coffee. 

Hugs,

Kymmie 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my back went out and I spent Tuesday in bed so then I woke at 3 a.m. feeling better physically but depressed and lonely. So naturally as a Buddhist I turn to Christmas musicals and warm almond milk. White Chrismas, of course, and Singing in the Rain (it's just SOOO good), but also Last Christmas by Emma Thompson, and Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas — for up-to-dateness sake. That all sounds a little too gay, but I'm OK with that. Have a fine day, y'all!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

morning drinks are limited to “what ever floats your boat”. Silly me asking for a pole of bathrooms.  We are women and use the womens restroom unless you’re not.  Unisex is always the best unless it’s a mess.

so, I am getting a fair amount of interest in my boat. Showed it yesterday but it was too much.  Have an appointment Thursday and one Saturday.

Willow

I still present as a man, (NB) but don't have the equipment anymore to use a urinal. I use the men's room, but sometimes the stalls are awful. My wife is more worried than I am, but I am careful because I am well aware what could happen in my area.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, Hannah Renee said:

OMG! Does that mean I'm alone?😯 Actually, I don't do hot liquids at all, including soup. The last time I intentionally drank something hot was like the winter of 1980, at a ski resort on Mt Charleston, outside of Vegas. Hot apple cider.

I am not a coffee drinker either. My drink of choice is Diet Coke

Mike

@Davie White Christmas and  Singing in the rain are two of my favorites. Classics should be enjoyed year round. Hope you are feeling better.

~Rachel

• Forum Moderator
27 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

While we were basically work friends, we've kept in touch since I retired 13+ years ago.

A true friend. I should never have doubted.

I understand the satisfaction you feel.  I have enjoyed reconnecting with some of my old air force friends from 40 years ago.  Like you, I was concerned how they would take the news, but in all cases they were happy to meet the new me.

It is very satisfying to be pleasantly surprised in that way.  I am happy that you have had a similar experience.

I tried connecting with an old friend a few weeks ago. He asked me what was up with me changing my name. O got as far as telling him I'm legally a woman now and that was the last I heard from him. I though he was marginally better than that but oh well, his loss.

@Elizabeth Star

You may be right :( 

But sometimes it takes  long time for people to get it.  
If it’s truly important there will be a better time.

btw congrats on your surgery🌈🌈

You look great!  
Your ability to make friends and relationships is greater..

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

You know, I really don’t know why I ever started drinking coffee, I guess I saw it as a right of passage.  Why not tea?  Well I did drink tea for a while but never got it right, except for iced tea.  My mother drank coffee and my father tea.  

I closed down my Facebook and other connections to my friends when I figure out I was a sheep in wolves clothing.  Then I opened a new Facebook account and slowly and carefully started asking old friends to be friends again.  Some have, some haven’t but I now know who my good friends were.  Some surprised me.  Never give up, you just don’t know.  My closest old friends have made their journey to the other side.  

I am having trouble finding someone in my plan that will take insurance to cover breast implants and without insurance coverage it can’t ever happen.  Out of state is a possibility but it can’t be too far away, I still have to get there and back multiple times.

@Confused1 now for the big debate, Coke verses Pepsi and diet verses regular.  I am a “Real Sugar Pepsi” fan but that isn’t easy to get.  Coke was developed about 6 hours south of here and Pepsi four hours north. These days Everyone uses corn syrup and that’s worse for you.  I’ve never found a diet drink that I could drink.  And yes I can absolutely tell the difference. Yet I know a lot of people swear by diet drinks often for the same reasons I swear by regular.  There will never but an agreement on this question.

i have someone interested in my boat coming to see it today and another Saturday.  I’m going to miss it but that’s the way it goes.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I tried connecting with an old friend a few weeks ago. He asked me what was up with me changing my name. O got as far as telling him I'm legally a woman now and that was the last I heard from him. I though he was marginally better than that but oh well, his loss.

I came out to (Who I thought) was a best friend from the service. A few years ago. While we are still facebook friends that is about it. I haven't came out to any other people I know from the past. To most I am the kid that had the white car. From the autoshop. I believe that is the way my classmates remember me.

@Willow I also don't remember why I started drinking coffee. Both my parents did. I think it was my wife, a coffeehalic. I cannot remember a time were she ordered anything but a coffee and an ice water at a sit down restaurant.

Fall has started here in the northern Rockies. Yesterday and today are in the mid 60s.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

Hannah Renee how great.  Nothing better than some affirmation from your daughter.  

@KymmieL it’s been a long time but I think it as my time in the Air Force that got me started.  Just because it was there.  Hey beer call tomorrow?

I never expected selling my boat to be easy and quick but I’m glad fall is arriving tomorrow it was upper 90s today 70s tomorrow.  Even though the hurricane is about to hit Bermuda it is causing havoc with our beaches with rip currents and high surf 

next on just might cause some rain here.

Willow

Just finished packing for a long weekend in Sacramento, CA.  My wife and I are attending a trans formal (River City Sparkle) on Saturday evening.  I love events where evening gowns are the preferred attire.  Additionally, I'm really looking forward to rubbing elbows with some California girls.  Brian Wilson and David Lee Roth, eat your hearts out! 

Can two people on opposite sides of the political spectrum make it work? asking for a friend... ok I am asking for me. I am very right leaning, she is extreme left. I think she was shocked and hurt. I don't know if she will want to see me again... don't know if I can go through loosing someone again.. 

57 minutes ago, CD Rachel said:

Can two people on opposite sides of the political spectrum make it work? asking for a friend... ok I am asking for me. I am very right leaning, she is extreme left. I think she was shocked and hurt. I don't know if she will want to see me again... don't know if I can go through loosing someone again.. 

check out an organization called Braver Angels. They conduct classes on how to have difficult conversations.

16 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

. In the blank requesting who brought her, she wrote, "Mom." Pitter patter.

How wonderful!

Good morning all, The coffee is hot and strong this morning. So today is a big day for me as I officially come out at my company. I had a pre-meeting with the president of our division yesterday and he was totally accepting and told me he had my back. So starting Monday Billy will no longer work here as he will be replaced by Riley, free at last.

Hugs 

Riley

9 hours ago, Billie75B said:

Good morning all, The coffee is hot and strong this morning. So today is a big day for me as I officially come out at my company. I had a pre-meeting with the president of our division yesterday and he was totally accepting and told me he had my back. So starting Monday Billy will no longer work here as he will be replaced by Riley, free at last.

Hugs 

Riley

Very cool, Riley!

12 hours ago, Billie75B said:

Hugs 

Riley

way to go

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I guess I’m in a rush, software update.  

I’m having Mountain Grown coffee this morning. Black please.  I’ll check.back when they are done with the up date

bye for now

Willow

On 9/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, Billie75B said:

Hugs 

Riley

Congratulations Riley.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all, coffee’s ready

We went to the mall yesterday and I got some long tops to wear over leggings.  Wife got one also.  

I would normally love for Ian to come visit (that’s our son’s name) but not this time. Hurricane Ian is getting stronger and the cone of likely direction is pointing this way.  It would have to be greater than the category three before I’d leave.  But it does give me concern.  I’ll have to increase the number of dock lines on my boat and get my dinghy out of the water.  It’s in a relatively safe place but you never know.

Our condo association had a party last night. We had a band and potluck, and byob.  Our next door neighbor was looking for a table and we invited them to sit with us.  We had a fun time.

our plan for today is to go see as the crawdads sing.  

I am very happy for each and everyone of you who are coming out at work, getting name changes and getting your surgeries accomplished.  Congratulations!  There have been so many recently that I can’t keep up.  Just know I congratulate each and everyone of you.

Hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Hurricane Ian is getting stronger and the cone of likely direction is pointing this way.

We're keeping a close watch on it, too.

• Forum Moderator

We got off lightly with Fiona, compared to some other areas.  I hope that those in the path of Ian fare equally well.