• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you @Bri2020 and @Hannah Renee

Well that was easy. Went to the court room, the judge asked me a few questions and name change approved. I should have my court papers in my hands by Friday. But the courts of Pennsylvania now recognize me as Rachel Marie! I was crying while walking out of the courtroom! LOL

I changed my Facebook name and announced my transition. My mother called me and called me by my full new name and told me she is proud that I am her daughter! Today was just such an incredible high I wish that I would just never come down.

More Happy tears!!!!!

Now just a couple of other minor things to get changed

Birth certificate, Drivers license, credit cards, work ID, CAC card, passport, security clearance, work emails, bank account, pay check.... I am sure I am missing things.....

~Rachel

1 hour ago, CD Rachel said:

Well that was easy. Went to the court room, the judge asked me a few questions and name change approved. I should have my court papers in my hands by Friday. But the courts of Pennsylvania now recognize me as Rachel Marie! I was crying while walking out of the courtroom! LOL

I changed my Facebook name and announced my transition. My mother called me and called me by my full new name and told me she is proud that I am her daughter! Today was just such an incredible high I wish that I would just never come down.

More Happy tears!!!!!

Birth certificate, Drivers license, credit cards, work ID, CAC card, passport, security clearance, work emails, bank account, pay check.... I am sure I am missing things.....

~Rachel

I was really fighting the tears as I left the courtroom. The few people that were in there were already looking at a little sideways (not that I really G.A.S.) Walked out past the security checkpoint - "Have a nice day, ma'am." Still get teary-eyed about it now and then. Anyway, 8 weeks later I'm still waiting for stuff to get changed. 

That call from your mother? OMG, that is precious beyond words. What a blessing.

Hugs and congratulations, Rachel Marie. 🤗❤️

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, I’m dropping in for a quick one. 

Hugs to everyone, coffee ☕️ with most, and Mountain Dew for the rest of you.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

8C3BF023-4BC3-48E4-9913-22382695BB0B.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

time for a reheat for my coffee.  Doctor visit went fine.  He wants another bone density scan, and suggested a mammogram.  I suggested putting that off for now.  His concern was has it been 5 years as a maximum and I said it had not.  That lead me to ask about breast augmentation.  He said he would ask a friend who is a breast cancer surgeon if she knew anyone.  I did some additional research and I’m still not finding anyone near here.  Charlotte is a maybe, Raleigh is a maybe, I did find one in Pennsylvania but that’s really too far.  I think there is one in southern Virginia, and I’m told there is one near Bri.  My issues are that I need to wait until next year but if there is a waiting list, I want to get on it.  And whoever I go to has to take my insurance.   I will need to make multiple trips so the closer the better.  I guess Atlanta would be another place to look.  Even Florida is closer than PA.

coffee is getting cold and I need to eat.

later gators

Willow

@CD Rachel passport!  That's the hardest. They will require a doctor's note regarding your transition. If you haven't had bottom surg they only give you a 2 year temporary one. Took me 9 months to get mine. I didn't have to much issue with my credit cards.  Getting a loan in your new name may be initially denied if the credit agencies don't have anything with your name change too.  

Willow, I know my BA surgeon doesn't take any kind of insurance and the other ones I talked to didn't either. wait times to get a BA are only about 3 months up here. (not sure about insurance times)  We have plastic surgeons on every corner it seems. 

• Forum Moderator

Earlier today I put on my patches. Yeah, patches 3 of them. luckily these are small about nickel size. instead of the ones that my Endo prescribed me. About 2" in dia. and I am to wear 2 at a time. I am contacting her about a smaller sized.

Anywho, About a hour or so later. I got to thinking that my mood improved since I put on the patches. So for me Estradiol = happiness.

Kymmie

24 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

wait times to get a BA are only about 3 months up here. (not sure about insurance times)  We have plastic surgeons on every corner it seems. 

3 months?? I just tried to get a consultation appointment up here and just that is not until the end of May!!!! I may just have to travel south to get my BA!!!! It sounds like it would be worth it if I can get it done before spring starts.

~Rachel

5 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Earlier today I put on my patches. Yeah, patches 3 of them. luckily these are small about nickel size. instead of the ones that my Endo prescribed me. About 2" in dia. and I am to wear 2 at a time. I am contacting her about a smaller sized.

Anywho, About a hour or so later. I got to thinking that my mood improved since I put on the patches. So for me Estradiol = happiness.

Kymmie

I was so relieved my surgeon said I didn't have to come off mine for surgery. He just gives you a blood clot prevention shot before surg and every day while in the hospital. I kept telling the nurses that they were brand name Titty-tacs whenever they said I have your estradiol pills. Somehow, they never heard them referred to a such.  

I don't notice my mood switching at all but I take them orally so they probably have a more stable level whereas patches go through a longer climb to peak and then hit a low trough before your next patch. Shots are even worse.  Whenever the cis ladies accuse me of maybe being  PMS I tell them I don't get to use that excuse. lol. I'm just being a bitch is all.  haha

5 minutes ago, CD Rachel said:

3 months?? I just tried to get a consultation appointment up here and just that is not until the end of May!!!! I may just have to travel south to get my BA!!!! It sounds like it would be worth it if I can get it done before spring starts.

~Rachel

This place is great, very affirming. Cost me about $8k including having a slow drip pain blocker inserted into the surgical site that lasted for 3 days.  I had Dr Weston.  It's 5 min from my house. You can recover here for a bit if you decide to do that.

13 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

I, too am on 3 patches. About the same size as yours. And as @Bri2020 says, they do have some peaks and troughs. They do make me feel happier, though. So, IMHO, it's a win.

Just now, Bri2020 said:

This place is great, very affirming. Cost me about $8k including having a slow drip pain blocker inserted into the surgical site that lasted for 3 days.  I had Dr Weston.  It's 5 min from my house. You can recover here for a bit if you decide to do that.

forgot the link. haha. You can tell I finally took some pain meds ;)https://www.austin-weston.com/

I've know a few people who have had face and boob work done by him. He is very well know in the DC area

I had a wonderful affirming experience at the doctor today. I was gendered correctly throughout and their overall attitude was total acceptance of me as a woman. The only slight issue was I had to have an EKG today that I wasn't expecting. I hadn't bothered to wear a bra as while I do have breasts now, they are so small they're hardly worth bothering with a bra. So I had to go topless for the EKG. Which was never a problem before but today I felt so exposed and vulnerable. Even though when I laid back my breasts pretty much disappeared and I just looked like a man anyway. I guess that experience could be considered affirming in that it shows I'm really changing as a person. I never expected to feel so vulnerable even though the tech was also female and very friendly.

I had a conversation with my doctor about HRT. He just recommended I reach out to the Jefferson Health Institute as they have a gender affirming care department there.

11 hours ago, Becoming Diana said:

So I had to go topless for the EKG. Which was never a problem before but today I felt so exposed and vulnerable.

This kinda blindsided me too the first time it happened.  I wasn't expecting it, and nobody would have noticed.  But there was just that uncomfortable feeling.

That was a few years ago.  I'm still kinda small (A cup) and don't really need a bra.  They're not all that comfortable either.  So I don't often wear one - especially at home.  However, I could not make myself go topless.

When I first came out, I wore one whether I needed it or not cause it made me feel better.  Now I'm more, meh.  But like I said, no topless.

12 hours ago, Becoming Diana said:

I had a wonderful affirming experience at the doctor today. I was gendered correctly throughout and their overall attitude was total acceptance of me as a woman. The only slight issue was I had to have an EKG today that I wasn't expecting. I hadn't bothered to wear a bra as while I do have breasts now, they are so small they're hardly worth bothering with a bra. So I had to go topless for the EKG. Which was never a problem before but today I felt so exposed and vulnerable. Even though when I laid back my breasts pretty much disappeared and I just looked like a man anyway. I guess that experience could be considered affirming in that it shows I'm really changing as a person. I never expected to feel so vulnerable even though the tech was also female and very friendly.

I had a conversation with my doctor about HRT. He just recommended I reach out to the Jefferson Health Institute as they have a gender affirming care department there.

When I was first transitioning I had to have a hemorrhoid dealt with. Mind you I had been on HRT for like 4 months at that point and had very little development and obviously still had incongruent bottom parts. My medical chart had already been updated to female.  I felt so vulnerable and exposed when they came in addressing me as female and I had to lay on a table naked to have my lower parts closely examined.  One of the worst feelings I experienced while transitioning. (plus, get that thing drained sucked). After my boob job I gained so much comfort and confidence though. I still tried to minimize the genital appearances but even during physical exams and such I no longer felt that vulnerability because I just became more comfortable with the fact that I was transitioning. I also sneaked a peak at my chart one day and noticed that there was a declaration that I was trans female which the healthcare providers could see but the records I saw and non-healthcare providers like lab techs and such would only see female. Knowing that, I didn't have to worry about surprising doctors or nurses.  

The only other time I felt really uncomfortable and vulnerable was when I had to go to a pelvic floor PT to be assessed prior to bottom surgery and she had to stick her finger up inside me and asking me to engage certain pelvic muscles.  I will be having to go back to her soon to help me develop better control of those post op :(

Morning coffee in bed isn't quite as relaxing as it use to be #Dilationschedule. 

• Forum Moderator

Happy hump day!

coffee is mostly gone.   I’ve been petting our dog and if I stop she’ll demand more.

@Bri2020thanks for sharing everything you are or have gone through to get to where you are.  I know that I figure the are professionals, and have seen it all before.  Like others have said I don’t really need a bra but I always wear one.  The only place I have issues is for lab work.  They insist on my legal name.  

otherwise nothing much going on.  

Willow

On 10/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, CD Rachel said:

More Happy tears!!!!!

~Rachel

Congrats Rachel, I am so happy for you. Now spread those wings and fly girl fly.

16 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I, too am on 3 patches. About the same size as yours. And as @Bri2020 says, they do have some peaks and troughs. They do make me feel happier, though. So, IMHO, it's a win.

I too am on 3 patches since last Dec. What I dont get is when doing blood work one time 'E" levels are high and good, then next blood work the "E" level is way lower it bounces like a ping pong ball. Dr doesn't seem worried but it bugs the heck out of me.

Hugs

Riley. 

1 hour ago, Billie75B said:

I too am on 3 patches since last Dec. What I dont get is when doing blood work one time 'E" levels are high and good, then next blood work the "E" level is way lower it bounces like a ping pong ball. Dr doesn't seem worried but it bugs the heck out of me.

Hugs

Riley. 

I understand. The same thing happened to me this past year. My E levels went, in order, from 119 to 56 to 51 to 49. Then I got my doctor to up the prescription to 3 patches and add progesterone. That seemed to stabilize me, and I am now at a pretty consistent 149 E level. Keep in mind though that everyone is different, so I would suggest you have an open discussion with your doctor about what's going on and why.

Hugs,

Marcie

8 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I understand. The same thing happened to me this past year. My E levels went, in order, from 119 to 56 to 51 to 49. Then I got my doctor to up the prescription to 3 patches and add progesterone. That seemed to stabilize me, and I am now at a pretty consistent 149 E level. Keep in mind though that everyone is different, so I would suggest you have an open discussion with your doctor about what's going on and why.

I guess some weirdness with E levels isn't so uncommon then. I was really puzzled last time when, after increasing my E dosage (albiet a small increase) and starting on spiro, my E levels went down from about 63 to 47. I'd even been careful to get the blood drawn at the same point within my patch cycle. My doc didn't seem especially concerned either. So after that, I'm up to 2 patches now, but I have little doubt I'll be up to 3 of them next time I go back in, in December.

I have an Uncle who wears a blood sugar monitor that's constantly checking his blood sugar level all day and shows him a graph of how it's been fluctuating. It's inconvenient, for sure, but sometimes I can't help wishing I had something like that for estradiol! 😜

Well I'm kind of excited, a little bit nervous though. I finally managed to find a new potential therapist. She sounds good on paper. I have my first (virtual) meeting with her in...a little less than an hour. I've been looking forward to seeing how this goes, although any time I'm not sure what to expect there can be a bit of anxiety. Fingers crossed...