• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Happy H-day

i don’t have much going on today.  I do have a car full of boat stuff to take to my storage unit.  And I may very well go to early voting either today or tomorrow.  Tomorrow makes more sense since I have to go out anyway.

I can always practice my keyboard.  I realized that I was not playing the correct notes for a chord and I need to relearn it.  My daughter thinks I have a book that is too advanced when it has chords beginning with the second lesson. She has many years of piano lessons we gave her.  We also gave her the piano.

we got good news from our granddaughter.  She is touring a steel fabrication company today.  She contacted them asking if they would hire an apprentice welder.  This could be the start of her chosen career.  She takes her first class starting this month at the local community college and starts learning more welding techniques and methods come February.  I believe the first class is blueprint reading. And it is an 18 month certificate program.

my son has been in Vietnam with his best friend from high school for the past week or so and then is meeting his wife in Europe for a week there.  Must be nice!  When they get home they are getting a yellow lab puppy.  They already have her picked out and named.  They’ve had nothing but labs since before they got married.  

I hope everyone has a great day!

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

COFFEE TIME!

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

A9523020-0BAE-47AF-96A3-1CA568B4D906.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning 

@Mmindy love the eye chart but how did you make it vibrate?  Oh, it’s not the chart it’s my eyes?

not the best day.  I have an appointment with my Gastroenterologist this afternoon.  I’m late getting a colonoscopy because of life.  Took a walk on the beach yesterday unfortunately the Sandler I was wearing tore up my feet.  Now I avoid walking as much as I can.  It’s not the first time for those sandals I guess I just need to stop wearing them.

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy   Yes, yes it is.

While I wait for the nectar of the goddess' 

Don't know what the wife was upset about last night. When I walked in the door she was starting her bath. about half hour later. I see her with a sour face bringing the clothes for wash. I greet her she mumbles something. Starts the wash. She takes her chair. "get us our coffee" she asks.

I usually do, so I do. Not five min later. She's nodding off, per normal. Nothing said the rest of the night. A little after the weather I just think the hell with it and go to bed. I am wondering if that is going to be our relationship from now on?

Overcast and a balmy 31 out. Had a skiff of snow, just some on the roofs and vehicles. Saying that we could get up to 5".

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi

i am really proud of my oldest granddaughter.  She has decided she wants to be a welder and will be taking classes.  Well, she called around to several businesses and got an interview Wednesday.  at the end she was given an application and an appointment to come back on Friday.  She all but has the job as an apprentice welder.  It’s pretty much if she comes back and passes the physical.

She did all this on her own.  No one told her too.  No one looked up possible employers for her.  You always hear about the kids that expect life to give them everything.  And I know there are many others that make there own way.  But you never hear about them.  So here’s to a young adult that is making her own way in life, with no help.

Willow

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Hi

i am really proud of my oldest granddaughter.  She has decided she wants to be a welder and will be taking classes.  Well, she called around to several businesses and got an interview Wednesday.  at the end she was given an application and an appointment to come back on Friday.  She all but has the job as an apprentice welder.  It’s pretty much if she comes back and passes the physical.

She did all this on her own.  No one told her too.  No one looked up possible employers for her.  You always hear about the kids that expect life to give them everything.  And I know there are many others that make there own way.  But you never hear about them.  So here’s to a young adult that is making her own way in life, with no help.

Willow

you are obviously so proud and should be.

I love watching young people grow into themselves!

It was tea for me this morning I am home, only work 4 days until winter comes then when ever it decides to storm. well anyways when you all said HRT does thins to you its true last 2 months been ups and downs but it has been all worth it. This summer I have been having laser hair removal , for me it its working good i love it,I am just Happy this morning and i wanted to share, the sun is out wood stove going life is good today, I hope every one  can Have a awesome day.

• Forum Moderator

Morning all. 17 this am. we've got white crap on the ground. About an inch, a dusting on the street. Don't have to go out till later so hopefully it warms up.

Watched the last episode of M.A.S.H with the wife yesterday. Of course, I always start balling, always have. Actually got some emotional support from the wife, which was nice.

Not much going but have  my therapist appt this afternoon.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
On 11/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, Willow said:

So here’s to a young adult that is making her own way in life, with no help.

That's great @Willow I know how proud you are, it's truly heart warming to know and meet these young people who aren't afraid of work. I've met so many young adults through the Fire & Police Academy classes I've taught in the past 24 years. I felt like I was the only one saying that our future is in good hands, because of these young adults were not only willing to work, they didn't let hard work scare them away.

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

It's a cool rainy day here in central Indiana. I placed and filled the bird feeders yesterday. This morning it's a cheerful chirping chorus, of bird songs as they announce the food is ready. I'm happy to see them, and the two cats are at the window ready to pounce.

I hope everyone is able to get through today, and believe in their tomorrow. 

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight, if you live in an area of the world that participates in Daylight Savings Time.

👩‍🚒No mater where you live in the world, today is a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detector. If you live in a building with hard wired smoke detectors.👩‍🚒 Purchase your own battery operated one, and place it in the hallway outside your bedroom doors.👩‍🚒

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

no new coffee pictures today.  Really not much going on.  I made pizza dough yesterday.  Refrigerated half for another day.  I follow an Americas Test Kitchen recipe but it’s too big and I think it would be too yeasty if I halved it.  I guess I’ll see how the refrigerated dough holds up.

I got our bikes out yesterday.  I had some flats to fix but they are ready to inflate to full pressure and take a ride today.  Personally, I think I prefer our one generation older bikes.  These are “crank forward” design so the bicycle is longer but lower without sacrificing hip to pedal distance.  Easier to put your feet down when you stop.  My biggest issue with my wife’s is the seat is further from the handle bar so she has to reach for it.  Our other bikes are very different.  My wife’s is of a shorter hybrid design so she doesn’t reach for it but the compromise is it’s taller.  Either way she looses being 4’10”.  My older bike is a recumbent.  I bought it because I really liked it.  They also have issues in that you can’t use your upper body to push up a hill and of course you can’t stand up on the pedals. Here that doesn’t matter but being seen does.  My new one has a recumbent style seat and long handlebars so I don’t has to reach.  I also have attention grabbing lights high intensity flashers.  Safety first, eh @Mmindy.  

Speaking of safety, I needed to replace the batteries in my AED and discovered Phillips now longer makes the battery for my unit.  I find that disturbing as I know that there are a large number of this design that are no longer of any value.  FR-2s.  I also learned that SC requires a prescription to get my O2 tank refilled.  I shouldn’t have an issue there.  I actually have two.  One needs refilled and the other does not.  

We haven’t heard from our oldest granddaughter yet.  I am very proud of all three of my granddaughters.  The middle one is a sophomore.  She has always been the quiet one.  But as a sophomore she is captain of her high school color guard.  She had done hip hop, then ballet and now  this. She really enjoys it. She goes to a high school that is in a smaller size, but the band is so big it competes with big high schools at their meets.  150 band members.  It’s quite a difference to the next largest in her county.  The third is the one that died of cancer.  But before she died she had a Girl Scout sanctioned patch, had Girl Scouts from all over the world contacting her.  Was able to smile even though she knew she was dying.  In her short life she made a difference to thousands of people.

And I miss her every day.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
4 minutes ago, Willow said:

I needed to replace the batteries in my AED and discovered Phillips now longer makes the battery for my unit.  I find that disturbing as I know that there are a large number of this design that are no longer of any value.  FR-2s.

Just because Phillips doesn't make the battery you need, doesn't mean it's not available. Give Batteries+ a chance to match one up for you.

As for Safety... I've always said, when it comes to business. Safety is second, profit is first. If you want to be the safest company on the road? Park all your trucks. It's Risk vs Benefit.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Speaking of safety, I needed to replace the batteries in my AED and discovered Phillips now longer makes the battery for my unit.

As well as checking with Batteries+ you might Google "[your battery size] alternatives" to see what is available.  I had to do that recently for an old battery and I found what I needed. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the battery suggestions I’ll check again but it is a custom battery nothing about it is over the counter.  But I agree that doesn’t mean someone didn’t take over production.  I only have it in case either my wife or I should need it one day.  Originally, I had it as safety equipment while I was teaching scuba diving.  Same with the O2 systems. Specifically for scuba diving emergencies.  The regulator on the tank allows for two masks on constant flow plus a third specifically for demand breathing ie some one who is breathing on their own.

Went for s short bicycle ride today.  First time in a long time.  Unfortunately, I had to replace two inner tubes and now I know I’ll have to replace a tire.  It’s was one that sat flat for a couple years and now the bead keeps popping out of the rim.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Willow, I have always had a fire ring in my backyard, and never understood why people only have campfires when they go camping. I burn more wood in the Summer and Fall outside, than I do in my wood stove during the Winter season. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

I hope you enjoyed the extra hour of 🛌 💤 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

57185D68-7669-48EE-A4A7-440B991C11C0.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

😋 welcome back standard time (in the US)

16 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Here in Arizona, we don't do the daylight savings time thing, but, I really appreciate the sentiment. Some days, the bucket is not enough and I've been told I should take my coffee intravenously. Lol.

• Forum Moderator

Sunday morning a day to reflect!

yes I enjoyed a campfire.  I enjoyed a natural fireplace.  I can’t have either where I live now.  But that’s ok, I can always go to the state park if I need one that badly.

Today my eyes are leaking.  Too many things churning in my thoughts.  Our loss of Daphne still tops the list.  I’ll read a poem about loss of a loved one and it sets me off.  Others in my life who have gone before me have lingered in my thoughts but nothing like this.

I saw a Facebook post recently with elementary kids singing “We are the world”. There were thoughts written below the video.  Those kids singing and the thoughts someone added made me think of all the kids who are transgender and trying to live their lives in peace and harmony.  Because I help out with a teen group I hear their stories and see their perseverance.  Because the parents meet in the same place at the same time, but in a different room I often hear their struggles as well.

if we think this isn’t easy to retain our loved ones and be the person we are, just think of the struggles these kids are going through.  Often there are family members that are upset with them or don’t believe them.  There are definitely kids around them that tease and bully them.  A high percentage have to leave school and be home schooled or online schooled.  Many try to get into community college programs where they can be with others that don’t bother them to earn their high school diploma and get some college credit at the same time.  Life is especially difficult when one parents is trying to help and the other wants no part in it.  I see kids that have to hide from one or both parents.

So as you reflect on things in what ever manner you choose, please keep our young friends in your heart.  They are the ones who have the most to loose and the highest suicide rate.

hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

So as you reflect on things in what ever manner you choose, please keep our young friends in your heart.  They are the ones who have the most to loose and the highest suicide rate.

Yes.

I don't worry so much for myself.  I'm already old and not likely to be here a whole lot longer.  But the kids have their whole lives ahead of them.  If they can transition early, it would help a lot.  

As a morning person I never find Daylight Saving Time to be hard to adjust to when waking up, it's the staying awake in the evening part that gets me. Last night I was nodding off around 8 PM!

I don't like the changing part of it.  Since I'm retired I can make the change over a few days.  

I wonder why businesses can't just adjust their hours to follow the seasons instead of pretending we can change time twice each year.

Keeping "time" is probably necessary, but still kinda arbitrary.

I'm going to the courthouse in awhile to submit my name change petition.  I already posted my "intent" 10 business days ago.  

I'm worried something will still go wrong.  

Oh well, maybe it will go through.  That would be really nice.