• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

@rachel w WOW!  Glad you are better now.  That sounds pretty scary.

5am this morning I thought I might have to go to the ER. When I get stung I get anaphylactic.  My first sign, besides getting stung is that the bottoms of my feet itch uncontrollably.  Nothing in my home medical kit helps.  Well, I woke up with my hands feeling just like that.  I didn’t know what it could be as I knew I hadn’t been stung.  Cortozone did nothing but my second idea was lidocaine.  That eventually helped.  I didn’t know if I should inject Epipen or not.  Injecting means a required er trip.  Still not entirely normal but no longer concerned.  I’ll have to see how it goes as the day wears on.  

80s yesterday 40s today.  That’s fall around here.  Too warm?  Wait a day or two and vice versa

have a great day

Willow

thank you  I hope yours turns out ok to

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forecast is saying snow tomorrow.  Unusual before Thanksgiving here in the South.  No coffee or tea for me, as I'm planning on curling back up in my nest once my employed partners leave for work.  Anybody else having similar plans?

• Forum Moderator

Ugh, Monday again!

Wait that doesn’t matter anymore one day is the same as the next now.  Well, except that we do laundry on Monday and shopping on Wednesday (senior discount)

@Katie23 thank goodness the cost of epi pens has come down. The first set I had were over $400.  Most recent replacements cost $37!  It’s hard to know which way you are heading with the initial signs of reaction.  I knew I shouldn’t be heading for anaphylaxis but the first sign was there.  I couldn’t locate my Benadryl which is why I tried the others. I decided it must be an external reaction to something.

Wow what a change in the weather last week.  Wind, rain, hot and muggy, tropical depression, more wind and temperatures dropped from the 80 to spotty frost possible!  still haven’t turned on our heater but aren’t running the AC either.  Last electric bill, $28.

I have two friends that moved north, one to western New York and the other to upstate Michigan.  They are both so new to the winter life and young enough that they still think it’s fun.  We’ll see how they each feel late January. If it’s a warm winter they’ll be buried in snow.  But if it’s a cold winter well, we’ll just have to see how they handle below zero temperatures.

Willow

Its cold outside and snowing.  I'm staying in, curled up where its warm.  My GF on the other hand, is outside, doing...GF stuff.  🙄

jumping arctic fox.jpg

Hard freeze for the first time in Boston tonight. That'll kill the fruit flies.

O.K. I just gotta say it outloud. Here goes. Because of my sciatic back I lie down during Zoom meetings and being shy about that, I turn off the video. Today, at my Fenway meeting, I was asked to introduce myself to a new member and I briefly switched on the video to wave hello before speaking. Then. I apologized for not showing my video. "But you look so cute lying there today," he said. I laughed it off. But it echoed in my head: "cute" he said?  Me? Cute? He did say the word sincerely  and someone else agreed with him.  Hearing"Cute" did make me feel good. Was it my new haircut? Maybe I should act as if it were true? I decided to feel good, to act as if. True or not. Cheers for trying to stay positive. Cute.
— Davie

Is this really the start of Transgender Awareness Week? Great timing, then.

Arrived home about 45 minutes ago, grabbed the mail, and found an envelope with a NY Department of Health return address. Could it be, already? Oh, yes, it could be. Pardon the all caps:

I JUST GOT MY NEW BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM NY! HANNAH RENEE FISH! FEMALE!

55 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Wow.  Congratulations.  I know that felt good.

@Hannah Renee Glad you got some good mail today!  And at the right time.  Just a thought, though... I know you're excited, but you might not want to post your full name on the internet.  (Sounds like my husband talking LOL)  Hopefully your life with your real name and gender will be a wonderful experience! 

@IvyI mentioned before that I was told it would take 5 months. It took just under 3. The form, if you haven't seen it, is pretty simple. That and your court order, an envelope and postage, and voila.

@awkward-yet-sweetI understand what you're saying, and I did give that some consideration. However, my status is not a secret, and I'm too old to care.

However, if any of the mods or admins feel it is an issue, then I'll leave it to their judgement to edit.

42 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

and I'm too old to care

Yeah, this.   Old age has some perks.  It can be quite liberating.

2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

@awkward-yet-sweetI understand what you're saying, and I did give that some consideration. However, my status is not a secret, and I'm too old to care.

Gotcha 🙂  My husband lectures me a lot about security...never use a last name, never give specific location, etc...  He doesn't ask if I'm on forums, but I try to keep things such that if he ever looked, I wouldn't disappoint him.  Probably makes me a bit more discrete than may be necessary. 

23 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Gotcha 🙂  My husband lectures me a lot about security...never use a last name, never give specific location, etc...  He doesn't ask if I'm on forums, but I try to keep things such that if he ever looked, I wouldn't disappoint him.  Probably makes me a bit more discrete than may be necessary. 

I don't blame you. The internet is still an iffy thing. For me, I only recently, after my HS reunion last month, joined FB. Reconnecting with some folks, and they all know of my new story. I don't have much family left, and I've never had many friends. Whoever's left already knows. Nobody left to freak out. Only my daughter, my therapist, and my friends here know I'm on this forum. Not much of my info here to interest ne'er-do-wells.

BTW, you're a gem.

Hugs

Hannah 

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Congratulations, Hannah!  Perfect timing, too.

15 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Congratulations Hannah Renee, that justifies all caps.

@Ivy I agree that maturing aka getting old is liberating.

@awkward-yet-sweet that's a good mind set, and more of us need to protect our online identities. Scammers and hackers are ready to pounce.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

I got this from a friend on Trans Twitter. Dad Jokes may be the only male thing, I hold onto. 

“I once thought about becoming a translator. Instead I became trans, later.“

Thanks Anna,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

49 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I got this from a friend on Trans Twitter. Dad Jokes may be the only male thing, I hold onto. 

“I once thought about becoming a translator. Instead I became trans, later.“

Thanks Anna,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Yeah, my daughter says the same thing about me - and she's right. And that joke is just my style of humor.

@Katie23That is a ridiculously long wait. Wow.

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon

couldnt sleep last night so when I did I slept in. 

@Mmindy you’ve been a very prolific writer this morning.

@Hannah Renee I’m in the group that figures certain changes are unnecessary.  I won’t bother with legal name change or gender change on my documents.  When offered I will chose sex or gender X.  I do meet the legal requirements I just don’t see the point.  I believe I am in as good if not better physically and mentally than the average person of mid 70s but then I expect to live another 20 years.  I can only hope that things get better for us with the passing of each year.  Especially for the kids.  They don’t deserve all of the untrue statements that are being made about them, their health care and what anyone is trying to do to them.

Raining today and cool along the coast.  I guess fall is waning and winter is coming.

it’s official there aren’t any storm systems in the Atlantic with a chance of becoming a hurricane.  The seaso is over early this year.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Willow, I had time on my hands, waiting for an IT person to fix the communication between my computer and the printer. Yesterday morning I was able to scan and e-mail documents. Microsoft 365 did an update, and now I can only print documents. The scan and fax features are gone. This is a software issue beyond my skill level. 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Great to be up early AND be well-rested. Back is healing (and so is my heart?) I read a good article online or find a fine poem or a song? They make me cry these days--in a good way. Maybe that's part of becoming more feminine, if that's not sexist. Anyway, it feels alive. Alive! Love you folks. 

— Davie    

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, Davie said:

Anyway, it feels alive. Alive! Love you folks. 

Good morning Davie, I'm glad you're back pain is easing. I too believe and understand feeling more alive, and feeling love for the people here on TransPulseForums. Since I started allowing myself to view the World, and the things I read as my true self. I do experience emotions, and crying more than I use to.

Hugs and Love,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good Wednesday morning everyone 

not much going on today.  I think I’ll try a different recipe for yeast rolls.  The last one was a little flat, certainly not one I’d care to put on the table with guests.  That’s the thing about baking, if one recipe doesn’t suit, there are lots more to try.  

@Mmindy software updates are always a challenge. You never know for sure when one will work seamlessly and when your configuration is the one they didn’t check and will break.

The welding/fabrication company told my granddaughter yesterday that they will hire her but are waiting on final approval from an engineer and that could take several weeks.  I know that’s a thing about trades, when there is work, it’s great and good pay but when things are slow you can be out of work for a while, especially if you are Union.

she is taking a class on blueprint reading right now and will be taking another welding class next term at tech college.  After about 18 months she can take her certification license exam and move on from her apprenticeship.  

Just had my monthly health assessment.  They call from my healthcare group to survey us every month.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Hi, all. Going back to the grind tomorrow. Will be good to be out and about some. However I am still working on getting that lung coughed up. My sides are so sore from all the hacking.

Haven't wanted to do anything lately. With the way I have been feeling, plus the cold arse weather.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

My sides are so sore from all the hacking.

Oh my Kymmiel,

I hope you start feeling better soon, my business partner, and I both picked up some kind of a chest cold during our last travel training together. I definitely don't recommend coughing as a way to build up your diaphragm, abs, or rib muscles.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋