• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Stay Positive, Things Change. 

29973070-F621-4E46-A823-218C96337992.jpeg

Those illustrations are sooo cuute!!!!

And yes, certainly a message to try to keep in mind!

• Forum Moderator

To all my fellow Veterans, thank you for your service.  Regardless of what you did, or where you did it, remember each and everyone of us served our country for the benefit of all.

Willow

33 minutes ago, Willow said:

To all my fellow Veterans, thank you for your service.  Regardless of what you did, or where you did it, remember each and everyone of us served our country for the benefit of all.

Willow

Back atcha, sister.

I had a wonderful evening tonight. A bunch of girlfriends got together for a clothing swap. A lot of wine and laughter later I got a nice pair of pants. Girlfriends are the best!

9 hours ago, Cynthina said:

Shout out to all veteran's hope you had a blessed day.

Thank you, @Cynthia on behalf of veterans everywhere. I was going to say something yesterday about Veterans' Day, but words failed me. It's a pretty emotional day. Finally, at 2 AM this morning, I was able to put something down. After 24 years of service I walked with many heroes-I'm not one of them, I just served with them. One of these heroes is a man I've known, worked for and become fast friends with since 1988. It's been a long run without further ado, and an unlikely one, but very special. I'm not going to talk about our service, just share my journal entry from today. To all my comrades, thank you. Every one of you that served ahs sacrificed so much. You are all heroes.

So, without further ado, here's what I finally came up with. Lest we forget:

I took yesterday off for Veterans’ Day. It’s sort of a custom I have. Another is that Kim Jones and I always share coffee and/or breakfast on Veterans’ Day. This year it was lingering over coffee at a local place--the Driftwood Cafe. It’s a small, church run coffee shop and the coffee pretty darned good.

Kim and I always raise a glass to absent comrades, and I quietly offer up a silent prayer for all those who have gone before. Veterans’ Day is pretty special, as it honors those who have given their lives for the freedom and protection of their comrades, their countrymen and the ideals that are cherished here. The Bible teaches us, in the very words of Christ, “Truly I tell you; greater love has no one that this. That they lay down their lives for their friends.” That’s a pretty big deal and words to live by.

Looking back, we can remember the bad times; the sacrifices--living in a tent in January on a glacier in Alaska; missing the birth of a first child because of being deployed; the fear of entering combat. The list goes on and on. But, what makes it worthwhile in a personal sense are the friendships we make the funny stories we can tell and the memories we cherish deep in our hearts and only peek at a couple of times a years.

The toast Kim and I always make is, "To absent comrades, and to living." Thanks to all who have served and sacrificed.

Marcie

Hi every one my self i like it the way it is now i work 6am to 4.30 pm.      on another note i went in the hospital on monday  came home friday had 3 blood clots and pneumonia 3 days in the ICU doing a lot better now it was a bumpy ride but i made it.

2 hours ago, rachel w said:

on another note i went in the hospital on monday  came home friday had 3 blood clots and pneumonia 3 days in the ICU doing a lot better now it was a bumpy ride but i made it.

YIKES!

Glad you're doing better now.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@rachel w WOW!  Glad you are better now.  That sounds pretty scary.

5am this morning I thought I might have to go to the ER. When I get stung I get anaphylactic.  My first sign, besides getting stung is that the bottoms of my feet itch uncontrollably.  Nothing in my home medical kit helps.  Well, I woke up with my hands feeling just like that.  I didn’t know what it could be as I knew I hadn’t been stung.  Cortozone did nothing but my second idea was lidocaine.  That eventually helped.  I didn’t know if I should inject Epipen or not.  Injecting means a required er trip.  Still not entirely normal but no longer concerned.  I’ll have to see how it goes as the day wears on.  

80s yesterday 40s today.  That’s fall around here.  Too warm?  Wait a day or two and vice versa

have a great day

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

@rachel w WOW!  Glad you are better now.  That sounds pretty scary.

5am this morning I thought I might have to go to the ER. When I get stung I get anaphylactic.  My first sign, besides getting stung is that the bottoms of my feet itch uncontrollably.  Nothing in my home medical kit helps.  Well, I woke up with my hands feeling just like that.  I didn’t know what it could be as I knew I hadn’t been stung.  Cortozone did nothing but my second idea was lidocaine.  That eventually helped.  I didn’t know if I should inject Epipen or not.  Injecting means a required er trip.  Still not entirely normal but no longer concerned.  I’ll have to see how it goes as the day wears on.  

80s yesterday 40s today.  That’s fall around here.  Too warm?  Wait a day or two and vice versa

have a great day

Willow

thank you  I hope yours turns out ok to

Forecast is saying snow tomorrow.  Unusual before Thanksgiving here in the South.  No coffee or tea for me, as I'm planning on curling back up in my nest once my employed partners leave for work.  Anybody else having similar plans?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It’s Monday 🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

8F6E1C2B-3C6F-433B-B78E-837BD4AE936A.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Ugh, Monday again!

Wait that doesn’t matter anymore one day is the same as the next now.  Well, except that we do laundry on Monday and shopping on Wednesday (senior discount)

@Katie23 thank goodness the cost of epi pens has come down. The first set I had were over $400.  Most recent replacements cost $37!  It’s hard to know which way you are heading with the initial signs of reaction.  I knew I shouldn’t be heading for anaphylaxis but the first sign was there.  I couldn’t locate my Benadryl which is why I tried the others. I decided it must be an external reaction to something.

Wow what a change in the weather last week.  Wind, rain, hot and muggy, tropical depression, more wind and temperatures dropped from the 80 to spotty frost possible!  still haven’t turned on our heater but aren’t running the AC either.  Last electric bill, $28.

I have two friends that moved north, one to western New York and the other to upstate Michigan.  They are both so new to the winter life and young enough that they still think it’s fun.  We’ll see how they each feel late January. If it’s a warm winter they’ll be buried in snow.  But if it’s a cold winter well, we’ll just have to see how they handle below zero temperatures.

Willow

Its cold outside and snowing.  I'm staying in, curled up where its warm.  My GF on the other hand, is outside, doing...GF stuff.  🙄

jumping arctic fox.jpg

Hard freeze for the first time in Boston tonight. That'll kill the fruit flies.

O.K. I just gotta say it outloud. Here goes. Because of my sciatic back I lie down during Zoom meetings and being shy about that, I turn off the video. Today, at my Fenway meeting, I was asked to introduce myself to a new member and I briefly switched on the video to wave hello before speaking. Then. I apologized for not showing my video. "But you look so cute lying there today," he said. I laughed it off. But it echoed in my head: "cute" he said?  Me? Cute? He did say the word sincerely  and someone else agreed with him.  Hearing"Cute" did make me feel good. Was it my new haircut? Maybe I should act as if it were true? I decided to feel good, to act as if. True or not. Cheers for trying to stay positive. Cute.
— Davie

55 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

I JUST GOT MY NEW BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM NY! HANNAH RENEE FISH! FEMALE!

Wow.  Congratulations.  I know that felt good.

@Hannah Renee Glad you got some good mail today!  And at the right time.  Just a thought, though... I know you're excited, but you might not want to post your full name on the internet.  (Sounds like my husband talking LOL)  Hopefully your life with your real name and gender will be a wonderful experience! 

42 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

and I'm too old to care

Yeah, this.   Old age has some perks.  It can be quite liberating.

2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

@awkward-yet-sweetI understand what you're saying, and I did give that some consideration. However, my status is not a secret, and I'm too old to care.

Gotcha 🙂  My husband lectures me a lot about security...never use a last name, never give specific location, etc...  He doesn't ask if I'm on forums, but I try to keep things such that if he ever looked, I wouldn't disappoint him.  Probably makes me a bit more discrete than may be necessary. 

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Congratulations, Hannah!  Perfect timing, too.

15 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Congratulations Hannah Renee, that justifies all caps.

@Ivy I agree that maturing aka getting old is liberating.

@awkward-yet-sweet that's a good mind set, and more of us need to protect our online identities. Scammers and hackers are ready to pounce.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

I got this from a friend on Trans Twitter. Dad Jokes may be the only male thing, I hold onto. 

“I once thought about becoming a translator. Instead I became trans, later.“

Thanks Anna,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋