• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Willow said:

I couldn’t swallow and I couldn’t hack it up. I was getting quite concerned.  Tried taking a drink, had to spit that out.  Obviously, I got it unstuck but it took some work.

Do you know how to do the Heimlich maneuver on yourself?  https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-choking/basics/art-20056637

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Willow said:

Well, tonight I was eating a roll I’d made and it got stuck.  Really stuck!  I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t swallow and I couldn’t hack it up. I was getting quite concerned.  Tried taking a drink, had to spit that out.  Obviously, I got it unstuck but it took some work.

Glad you're okay.  I have had trouble swallowing at times.  Throat just won't work.  But it has never blocked my airways.  That would be frightening.

Happy Thansgiving everyone! This is my first anniversary after srs. I am thankful for the team at KUMedical that did such a wonderful job to make me the total woman that I am today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Forum Moderator

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 

Yesterday I had BUNS IN THE OVEN

and TURKEY IN THE STRAW

Today The turkey has been stuffed and Turkeys in the oven.

let’s see, we will be having home made cranberry sauce, rolls, stuffing, pumpkin pie and cherry pie!

natural foods yams, asparagus and mashed potatoes 

nothing canned or made outside our kitchen.  And all made with love and joy!!!!!  Even some happy tearing.

Best thanksgiving in years for certain.

hugs and love to all.  Very happy to have family for the holiday.

Willow 👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩🏻‍🦳😙🥰

• Forum Moderator

This Thanksgiving, I'm extra thankful for my family and friends.  We'll have a big feast tomorrow, but I'd be thankful even if I was homeless and hungry.  Life is about people, and our relationships are the only thing of true value.  With family and friends, life is full.  Those relationships are the only thing that we retain in the afterlife, after all possessions pass away.  So very true @awkward-yet-sweet

@KathyLauren yes, I do know how, but I had no air in my lungs.  Plus my daughter is here who is a highly skilled RN.  I got it out by getting my head below my waste and bouncing my upper body.  I used to be a scuba instructor and taught first aid among other things including oxygen administration and AED use. And diving classes from basic scuba to master divers.

thank you @Ivy 

congratulations @BrandiBri  you do have a lot to be thankful for. Me, I’m getting frequent hot flashes right now.

🥵

• Forum Moderator

@Willow Aren't you a little too old to have a bun in the oven. (sorry couldn't help it. Luv ya hon)

I am thankful for both my families, especially the one right here on TP.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone:coffee:

Since our son is a firefighter on duty today, we’ve moved our Thanksgiving Day Dinner to Saturday. Like @KymmieL I’m thankful for everyone here on TransPulseForums. 

Here’s how my music 🎶 and coffee ☕️ work together. 

B6ADF230-8441-4106-BE9F-D1CB3898C574.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

From part of my family to everyone here, happy thanksgiving.  Missing are my son, who is flying somewhere.  His wife who is taking care of their new puppy and her mother.  And our oldest granddaughter who has to work and had dinner with her boyfriends family back in Virginia 

im glad I can have so many friends to share with and be thankful for.

Willow16794D1B-C825-42A8-BBF3-FC73194D5FD4.thumb.jpeg.0cfc9b1389a5177d3a2007e4f5247f99.jpeg

We had a happy Thanksgiving today, in spite of the rain.  Most of the time the weather is good this time of year, if a bit chilly.  We ended up having most of our festivities indoors, which was a bit crowded but still a good time.  I ate way too much, and probably gained 5lbs just from one meal. 

It was amusing to notice how much crazier GF's kids are compared to the rest of our family and community.  So hyper!  I help raise them and I try to have a calming influence, but there's only so much I can do.  The oldest isn't even in kindergarten and she's already dominating her peers.  🙄😆 

Good morning Everyone

Coffee is hot but interesting this morning ,,

amazing how the change of your cup can change the flavor of your favorite brew ,,

sad morning to start the day braking my  favorite betty boop coffee mug ,,😭

on a happy note , its been 5 weeks on hrt already ,much calmer , and all the anger is gone from my life,

point , sad my cup got broken , but no anger or rage to ruin my day like there once was ,,never before experienced such calm and peace in my life ,,,

hope all had a wonderful thanksgiving full of family , friends and good times ,,

Peace, Love N Hugs

Betty B

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

My coffee is black but my Friday is not.  It’s a rainy day and there is nothing I need to get today except prescriptions.  

that’s the thing when you get older, the prescriptions.  I was never one to take regular medication now I have 4 everyday, plus 3 over the counter, plus one bi-weekly and two prn.  Could be worse I suppose.  

I hope everyone had a safe and happy thanksgiving.  We did.  Last night we went to the boardwalk and saw the holiday lights.    We were a little disappointed that the skywheel wasn’t lit, they change the colors to go with a recent news event or holiday.  UVA orange and blue, Ukraine yellow and blue, CO Springs. Rainbow, etc.  it was about 50/50 for places that were open. A few large hotels were VERY busy right near the middle of the beach.

it’s been really great having our daughter and granddaughter here.  

@KymmieL I was just making a bad joke out of some old things. I don’t think I could have a bun in my oven.  They haven’t perfected that surgery yet!  And I can take a joke back.  

lots of hugs everyone 

Willow

I just just got an appointment with Dr. Schechter, May 3rd, consultation for zero depth vaginoplasty. Hoping I'm not pushing the timeline too much, but the genital dysphoria is getting a bit too much to deal with.

• Forum Moderator

It’s Sunday morning.  I’ve had my black coffee and a Sandy beach. No I didn’t go to the ocean this morning, we have a donut place that makes fancy donuts.  A Sandy beach is one of their creations.

Our daughter and granddaughter left this morning.  We had a very good visit.  So glad they came.

I think everyone had a nice time.  Now they have a long drive back to Virginia. They can’t go much further north and still be in Virginia.  The local Chamber of Commerce calls it the top of Virginia.  They are surrounded on three sides by West Virginia and loosely speaking mountains.  Allegheny to the west and Blue Ridge east and south.

Anyway, they went what we refer to as the back way to go home.  The hope is less traffic.  The main way involves I95 and that gets backed up on a normal day.  Today, they’ll have the parking meters out.

I hope everyone was able to have a nice thanksgiving with family and friends 

• Forum Moderator

Good Sunday morning. Yesterday evening my father in law passed. My wife seems OK. Still not sure if she is going back to MI or not. Don't think so, but you never know.

On a better note, the first Thanksgiving in our own home was nice. Just the 3 of us and the fur kids.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Hugs,

Kymmie

1 hour ago, Willow said:

The main way involves I95 and that gets backed up on a normal day.

My son lives up there near Gainesville.  I prefer to drive 29 when I go up there.  I used to visit my sister in Charlottesville when she was still living.  

Wow got my first set of breast forms yesterday; all I can say is why did I wait so long to get them. I put them on and what a self esteem boost it brought tears to my eyes to see breast where I have wanted them for so many years. All the tops and bras that I have tried on fit so much better. I can’t believe how a little amount of flesh can bring so much joy and happiness to a girl, just goes to show that I’m on the right path and the future look great. I'll be posting some pics in a few days.

Kymmie, sorry for the loss of your father in-law sending best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Hope everyone had a safe and joyous Thanksgiving.

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon 

watching football and YouTube.  I tend to multitask.  Honestly, they don’t televise any team I’m interested in watching.  Well, if I’m honest, there isn’t any team I’m all that interested in these days.

@KymmieL I’m glad you were able to have a nice thanksgiving in your new home. We did likewise.  Honestly it’s been years since we were together for thanksgiving.  Even when we lived only a mile or two apart in Virginia we were often left on our own.  We would make reservations at an Inn or Hotel.

I am sorry for your loss of your FIL.

@Ivy we are well acquainted with Gainesville and route 29.  We moved to Centreville in 1984  and to Stephens City in 2005.  Personally I hate I95.  It’s because of the traffic and particularly the trucks.  Even there we would always get off 95 at Falmouth and take 17 to 28 through Manassas to Centreville now we take 17 all the way from Falmouth.

our alternative (back way) is to go west from here to pick up I73/74 I. The middle of NC and pickup 29 at Greensboro.  One time we had to take 85 from Greensboro to Charlotte NC because of road closures east of 85 in NC.  That was a long mess.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieLI'm sorry for your family loss, and hope your wife finds comfort during this tough time.

Good afternoon everyone, :coffee:

We hosted Thanksgiving at our home, with both of our children, their spouses, and children. We also included a new boyfriend that my oldest granddaughter is courting. Also included were two college friends of our other granddaughter's who didn't travel to their homes for Thanksgiving. It was a total success, with everyone (17 total) crowding around our makeshift extended dining room table. Everyone was included in the conversation, and games. We used a whiteboard easel to play, group Pictionary, and Family Feud. At the end of the evening, the non family guests couldn't believe how much fun they had, and wished their families got along this well.

Best wishes,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

7 hours ago, Mmindy said:

It was a total success, with everyone (17 total) crowding around our makeshift extended dining room table. Everyone was included in the conversation, and games. We used a whiteboard easel to play, group Pictionary,

Sounds great.  

It's hard for my family to get together anymore.  

For many years Pictionary was our go-to for family gatherings.   We wouldn't let spouses be on the same teams.   We do try to have an annual "Christmas" but it's seldom on Christmas Day.  With 8 "kids" and their families, it's hard to get everyone together at one time.  I do miss it though.

Holidays can be hard if you're alone.  I did have my youngest here for Thanksgiving this time.  We'll have our "Christmas" in a couple of weeks.  After that I 'spect I'll be alone for Yule/Christmas/New Year, unless someone invites me for dinner or something.  With the kids all grown, and my ex remarried, it's pretty much just Ivy here now.

• Forum Moderator

What a wonderful day to lounge in my jammies.  If it wasn’t that I’ll have to take the dog for walks, I’d just might do that.

it is an unusual day in that I just made myself a second cuppa Joe.  Mid 70s today but the heavy storms coming across the country are starting to hit here.  Hence, I’m not leaving the house if I don’t have to.  

interesting things going on here.  First, while making excuses as to why, I’ve noted that my wife has been spending time reading and trying to understand LGBTQIA+ lately with an emphasis on transgender of course.  She’ll say it was an article in her news feed but I’m pretty sure it goes beyond that.

The second is that I have gotten my endocrinologist to put me back on injections but doubled the dose.  Really more than doubled it.  I am experiencing upper body discomfort and frequent hot flashes.  I’m guessing it’s actually doing something for me.  It’s also the injectable that is not approved by Medicare, however using Singlecare or Good RX it’s about 1/3 the cost as either one is using Medicare.  

not happy about the hot flashes but if it means something is working, I’ll deal with it.

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Ivy said:

We do try to have an annual "Christmas" but it's seldom on Christmas Day.  With 8 "kids" and their families, it's hard to get everyone together at one time.  I do miss it though.

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Winter has returned to central Indiana today. We're 48 degrees colder this morning than we were yesterday, and it's now 28° F out side with sustained winds out of the west/northwest at 16mph gusting to 32mph. Windchill is 15° F.🥶

@IvyOur family has grown to the point where my siblings and I don't get together for most of the holidays. We all have grown children, with families of their own, including in-laws and outlaws. So we as siblings get together at other times throughout the year. I'm the oldest of 5 and only two of my siblings aren't retired yet, so we pick a time that works best for the two who are still working. It is a sad time of the year to not be included in family functions. I hope you can find a friendly circle to be included in that isn't family. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I'm tho only one still living from my birth family.  I do have some grown children within reasonable driving distance though.  They'll mostly be with in-laws though - which is why we do our family thing on not-Christmas.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Ivy said:

I'm tho only one still living from my birth family.  I do have some grown children within reasonable driving distance though.  They'll mostly be with in-laws though - which is why we do our family thing on not-Christmas.